What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (2 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters

comfortably numb

Footballguy
You were called out of work this morning to the nearest octagon.

You have no time to train. The MMA rules are explained to you minutes before the fight.

You have 3RDS at 5 min each RD.

This would be a private fight. You would not have to worry about it leaking that you KO'd a woman on video or that you got your chit pushed in by a chick.

Would Ronda kick your ###?

I'd seriously dive for the legs and hope. I'm totally unsure about what television portrays. These are tough, tough women.

This should be a public poll to out the idiots who think they could last a round with her.
It's a football forum. Some dudes are big and fast. We used to kick the ever-living #### out of the best girls' hockey team in the country, and we stunk. My cousin's wife is an American Olympic athlete (well, last cut) and I've seen her around.

There's a reason the sexes are segregated in sport.

eta* I'm still diving for the legs and hoping. Grabbed off the street without a minute of training probably means ###-kicking.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be a public poll to out the idiots who think they could last a round with her.
It's a football forum. Some dudes are big and fast. We used to kick the ever-living #### out of the best girls' hockey team in the country, and we stunk. My cousin's wife is an American Olympic athlete (well, last cut) and I've seen her around.

:lmao:

Iverson voice: we talkin' arm bars and MMA?

Arm bars?

Arm bar?

I voted "beat the living crap out of me" then I googled her size, 5'7" 135lbs. I thought she was bigger/taller... I may be able to last a round with her until I am gassed and she gets me in some submission.

Why would I be fighting Ronda Arousing? Why would she want to fight me, does she have some pent up anger at senior citizens in general, or does she have something with me in particular I just don't know about?

I'm in pretty bad shape and have no fighting experience. I would get my ### kicked unless given time to prepare.

I'd wager there's not a single FBG who could last a round with her.
3 minutes is brutal. Folks have no idea how long that is unless they have boxed or wrestled. 5 minute rounds are an eternity. Absent training specifically for such almost everybody on the planet would be more or less defenseless in the last minute or two.

Either you take her out quick, or she gets all up in your business at the end of round 1, even though you are bigger, maybe stronger, and have a substantial reach advantage.

I'd seriously dive for the legs and hope. I'm totally unsure about what television portrays. These are tough, tough women.
That's the last thing I would try to do. Why give up your size advantage by going to the ground with her? She is at her best on the ground. You want to stay on your feet, make it a fist fight and hope with the strength and reach advantage you land a big KO punch.

3 minutes is brutal. Folks have no idea how long that is unless they have boxed or wrestled. 5 minute rounds are an eternity. Absent training specifically for such almost everybody on the planet would be more or less defenseless in the last minute or two.Either you take her out quick, or she gets all up in your business at the end of round 1, even though you are bigger, maybe stronger, and have a substantial reach advantage.
5 mins is so long. People really underestimate how exhausting boxing and mma rounds are. Unless you are a big time runner/cyclist, you want to go in swinging to end it quick with a big punch.

That's the last thing I would try to do. Why give up your size advantage by going to the ground with her? She is at her best on the ground. You want to stay on your feet, make it a fist fight and hope with the strength and reach advantage you land a big KO punch.
I never said I'd win, though. When confronted with an elite fighter, I'm diving legs and hoping to flip them on the chance they have an unsturdy base or missed leg day. :D Your mileage may vary. :shrugs:

MMA is segregated by sexes mostly because people don't like the idea of seeing a man beating up on a woman. In other sports, men tend to be bigger and stronger, but in MMA you're divided into weight classes which limits that advantage.

There are fewer female MMA athletes than there are male, so in training most of the women have no choice but to spar with the men. Rousey does this all the time to prepare for her title defenses, and beats the crap out of the guys who go in against her. Granted sparring isn't quite the same as an actual fight, but I've heard many MMA fighters, both male and female, say that the women could hold their own against the men.

3 minutes is brutal. Folks have no idea how long that is unless they have boxed or wrestled. 5 minute rounds are an eternity. Absent training specifically for such almost everybody on the planet would be more or less defenseless in the last minute or two.Either you take her out quick, or she gets all up in your business at the end of round 1, even though you are bigger, maybe stronger, and have a substantial reach advantage.
5 mins is so long. People really underestimate how exhausting boxing and mma rounds are. Unless you are a big time runner/cyclist, you want to go in swinging to end it quick with a big punch.
So long. So arduous. So exhausting. Anybody that ever boxed a round or had an older brother knows this.

I would pull a Kalib Starnes and just keep backing away from her. I could probably keep that up for 3 rounds. They will be scored 30-0 but it would still go the distance.

MMA is segregated by sexes mostly because people don't like the idea of seeing a man beating up on a woman. In other sports, men tend to be bigger and stronger, but in MMA you're divided into weight classes which limits that advantage.

There are fewer female MMA athletes than there are male, so in training most of the women have no choice but to spar with the men. Rousey does this all the time to prepare for her title defenses, and beats the crap out of the guys who go in against her. Granted sparring isn't quite the same as an actual fight, but I've heard many MMA fighters, both male and female, say that the women could hold their own against the men.
The above is probably very true, but as the sole reason it's probably a very limited explanation.

I'd say that is unlikely - assuming equally trained MMA fighters. Men's weight will be more muscle than a similar weight female - thus the men will still be stronger, leaner, quicker, etc. at the same weight.

I voted "beat the living crap out of me" then I googled her size, 5'7" 135lbs. I thought she was bigger/taller... I may be able to last a round with her until I am gassed and she gets me in some submission.
Makes it even sexier imo.

She's a trained, professional fighter. She kicks ### for a living.

She'd beat the holy hell out of me and I'd enjoy every minute of it.

Sarah McMann came to our gym and taught a wrestling class a while ago. McMann actually did fight Rousey, losing in the first (who doesn't?)

I had my doubts on womens MMA in general, but she is legit. Her wrestling knowledge is top notch - she showed some simple stuff I had never seen, and I wrestled all the way thru college. Beyond that, her game was very well suited and refined for MMA, not pure wrestling. McMann is also relatively broad in the shoulders. She looked pretty damn big for a 135'er. I don't know what she walks around at, but she's no beanpole.

I am an experienced wrestler with 5+ years of kickboxing/jiu-jitsu experience. I don't think I could beat McMann, much less Rousey.

I'd go as far as saying that anyone without any formal combat sports experience would not be capable of lasting 5 minutes with any UFC fighter, male or female.

Agreed, try to land one on the chin.

I would be dead in about ten seconds unless she gets dizzy from chasing me around the octagon. Perhaps my high pitched girly like screaming and begging would make her take it easy on me but otherwise I'm a dead man running.

Or get it in her hair.#####es love that

Or get it in her hair.#####es love that

I would be dead in about ten seconds unless she gets dizzy from chasing me around the octagon. Perhaps my high pitched girly like screaming and begging would make her take it easy on me but otherwise I'm a dead man running.
That's everyone in here except the lucky ones that got KO'ed on the 1st punch.

I would think going to the floor and using your size advantage would be a better option than exchanging punches. Just because she is really good on the ground doesn't mean she can't box. With her quickness and endurance I would think wrapping up would be the way to go. You aren't going to "land 1 big punch" on someone that quick.

The best bet is to use your weight / size advantage on the floor. Hold her as tight and close to you as possible, and hope she doesn't wiggle out and get a limb.

Users who are viewing this thread