Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
comfortably numb

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ass?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where are all the guys who said she'd tear the arm off of Mayweather with her foot in about 20 seconds and then use said arm to pummel him silly until he cried?

Just goes to show that a good boxer/kick boxer with excellent takedown defense makes for a pretty lethal combination. I wonder if this combo may be the best mix for a street fight too?

There is no best combo.

The key is good takedowns and/or takedown defense. If your wrestling is good, you can control where you want the fight to be, and can dictate terms.

i would note that takedown defense is easier than takedown offense. So if you had to choose, it's probably better to be good at striking than jiu-jitsu.

But a wrestler facing a striker with good takedown defense has to come forward to try to get the takedown. They'll eat punches on the way in and out. Rinse and repeat. It seems that even the best wrestlers or jiu-jitsu guys get taken out by strikers who can defend the takedown.

Thoughts on street fight importance?

Never want to go to the ground in a street fight. Good place to get kicked in the head by one of his friends. So id say the boxer with a strong takedown defense would be optimal for the street.

Where are all the guys who said she'd tear the arm off of Mayweather with her foot in about 20 seconds and then use said arm to pummel him silly until he cried?

Just goes to show that a good boxer/kick boxer with excellent takedown defense makes for a pretty lethal combination. I wonder if this combo may be the best mix for a street fight too?

There is no best combo.

The key is good takedowns and/or takedown defense. If your wrestling is good, you can control where you want the fight to be, and can dictate terms.

i would note that takedown defense is easier than takedown offense. So if you had to choose, it's probably better to be good at striking than jiu-jitsu.

But a wrestler facing a striker with good takedown defense has to come forward to try to get the takedown. They'll eat punches on the way in and out. Rinse and repeat. It seems that even the best wrestlers or jiu-jitsu guys get taken out by strikers who can defend the takedown.

thats right. A good striker with good takedown defense is tough to beat. A good jiu-jitsu guy with good takedowns is gonna get eat some punches. He may win in the end, but he will take some damage.

As far as street stuff...dunno. That's not what I train for. It's a different game. The ground is hard, I'd rather not be on it if I had my choice. Also, in a street-fight, there may be more than one opponent. It would be really tough to fend off more than one attacker if your gameplan involved ground-work.

I'd just get Max Cady to train me

• Like 2

There is no best combo.

thats right. A good striker with good takedown defense is tough to beat. A good jiu-jitsu guy with good takedowns is gonna get eat some punches. He may win in the end, but he will take some damage.

As far as street stuff...dunno. That's not what I train for. It's a different game. The ground is hard, I'd rather not be on it if I had my choice. Also, in a street-fight, there may be more than one opponent. It would be really tough to fend off more than one attacker if your gameplan involved ground-work.

Step up the training man! Some punk looks at you wrong, you wreck them.

She must be a mess about the face because she wouldn't show it at the airport today. Pretty lame. She's a fighter not a model....show off your battle scars.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/17/ronda-rousey-face-video-fight-holly-holm/

That's pathetic

For sure. That's way worse than anything we could have seen.

My body fat is pretty low, and there is no way in hell someone over 100 pounds lighter than me is going to be a problem.

So you weigh over 235 and have pretty low body fat?
  • Like 1

While I don't think she'd beat Mayweather I do think she would prepare and execute a fight against a male opponent differently. I think she had no respect for any other woman MMA fighter and it showed in the way she approached her fight. She got frustrated when she didn't get to Holm and at no time did she respect that Holm could knock her out.

She was destroyed. That is what happens when you take a worthy opponent lightly.

Simple as that. She is human and she was beaten. She needs to get over herself and recuperate. She let all this hype and attention take her of course. She obviously had no idea what was coming.

The real test of a champion is coming back after a beat down like this and taking what you think is yours back. If she loses again to her....her 15 minutes are done.

Holly Holm is on The Talk now. She's a cool chick and more attractive than Rousey. She's not being boastful and definitely taking the high road.

Respect.

• Like 1

Holly Holm is on The Talk now. She's a cool chick and more attractive than Rousey. She's not being boastful and definitely taking the high road.

Respect.

And she's going to make tons of $. Pretty cool how you can still make $ without being a jerk.

If there is a rematch, she better get that girl on the ground and keep her there. She can't box with Holm, that's for sure.

yeah, what the heck was she doing? trying to be tough?

I don't get the hate either. Anyone with a brain knew she couldn't beat a world class male fighter. She is still pretty bad ### and kind of hot.

I don't get the hate either. Anyone with a brain knew she couldn't beat a world class male fighter. She is still pretty bad ### and kind of hot.

Exactly. I hope she bounces back. She did a great deed in going to a Marine Holiday Party with a Marine that asked her out before she was KOed.

She's awesome, no reason to hate at all.

Exactly. I hope she bounces back. She did a great deed in going to a Marine Holiday Party with a Marine that asked her out before she was KOed.
I wouldn't call going to a party a "great deed." But it was kind of cool.

She got her jaw cracked and KTFO right?

How in the hell is she more popular / exposed than ever?

Edited by Limp Ditka

Every male wants to put her on the ground and use a 100 feet of rope on her ###. My guess.

Every male wants to put her on the ground and use a 100 feet of rope on her ###. My guess.

what
  • Like 2

what

You want to get spanked, Ill take the other role. Put your pants on.

what

Lol

Ronda is one of three Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girls... She is in a body paint "swimsuit". http://www.si.com/swim-daily/photo/2016/02/12/si-swimsuit-2016-cover-models-ronda-rousey-ashley-graham-hailey-clauson/1

Did they paint over his penis?

So the three are a hottie, a plus size, and an ugly guy?

Photoshop had to have worked overtime with the Ronda issue

Edited by Jules Winnfield

what

I'll do either

Ronda is one of three Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girls... She is in a body paint "swimsuit". http://www.si.com/swim-daily/photo/2016/02/12/si-swimsuit-2016-cover-models-ronda-rousey-ashley-graham-hailey-clauson/1

So the three are a hottie, a plus size, and an ugly guy?

Watched on the DVR at my GF's request after the 3point and Dunk contest lat night.

Absolutely disappointed when they announced the final three. Piss poor SI.

So the three are a hottie, a plus size a normal girl and an ugly guy fairly attractive MMA fighter?

FYP. :coffee:

On 14/02/2016 at 11:31 PM, Ladsud said:

You want to spank flapgreen, wat?

On 8/11/2015 at 1:07 PM, matuski said:

Never seen a good demonstration myself.

I have experienced it, and I know why they do these "choreographed" demos. The attacks are often meant to break bones. So you see them grab a wrist and allow the opponent time to roll. My dad would do this to us.. if he got a hold of my wrist/finger/elbow, I knew to give up. He would give a slight twist whichever way I gave to him and I would be on the ground.. if he wrenched for real I'd have a broken finger/wrist/arm.

That is really the only aikido take away I got from wrestling/fighting with my dad... don't let him have a wrist or finger. Which of course is hard to do when he throws punches meant only to distract enough for him to get a wrist or finger. Took classes for a while myself, found it unimpressive/boring as a standalone. Learned more of it from messing around with my dad than any of the classes.

By itself I am not sure aikido is suitable for a fight.

my son has begun to take Aikido classes. what drew me to it is that it's about balance, moving in space and submission. it's not about striking, kicks or whatever. you can end a fight pretty quickly if you take an opponent's aggression, which will get them off balance to punch or whatever, to your advantage. get them on the ground, a submission hold, and you're in control. it's good if that is your objective. 

55 minutes ago, saintfool said:

my son has begun to take Aikido classes. what drew me to it is that it's about balance, moving in space and submission. it's not about striking, kicks or whatever. you can end a fight pretty quickly if you take an opponent's aggression, which will get them off balance to punch or whatever, to your advantage. get them on the ground, a submission hold, and you're in control. it's good if that is your objective. 

My son took classes for awhile too. It's great for a lot of things. But if you are really looking for ways for him to learn to defend himself, there are a ton of better options.

1 hour ago, kutta said:

My son took classes for awhile too. It's great for a lot of things. But if you are really looking for ways for him to learn to defend himself, there are a ton of better options.

He's 6.  I'm good with him learning Aikido instead of Krav Maga. 

5 hours ago, saintfool said:

He's 6.  I'm good with him learning Aikido instead of Krav Maga. 

You might want to rethink that.

JK. Akido is awsome for. 6 year old