What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (2 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
I voted and then came right here to the latest comment. 4 pages? Are there really guys here that think they could win/give her a fight?
No. Thats why we have four pages. People have to invent some fake scenario under which she loses. Not sure if it makes them feel good about themselves or what?
Well what else are we going to do in this thread but speculate the limits of how much ### she could kick? We all know she would thrash all of us.
Apparently not all of us.

How about this:

Lets say you take a college football player; 6'2, 225, 10-12% body fat, 4.75 forty yard dash... Put this guy in the gym for 3-6 months, any question he destroys her?
he might be able to survive a couple more minutes than pre-training. A competent gym wouldn't have him sparring within 3-6 months, but let's say he's a good athlete, and really takes to it. He starts sparring at 3 months. Put him in the cage vs Rousey after sparring for only three months, and yeah...he's not making it out of the first.

do you guys really think that Rousey only trains with 135 lb girls?
http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Rashaan-Evans-is-jacked--26688238So this dude goes to the gym for 6 months and she rolls him? I don't see it.
'Cause muscles!!!
Yea, someone like this is just muscles, he isn't extremely quick or a world class athlete either. She owns this dude who is almost 2x her size, 5x her strength, and every ounce the athlete she is... Especially after he gets 6 months to prepare. Good chance someone like this dude would kill her.
Big athletic dudes with muscles come into the gym all the time. Some of them still suck ### after months of training, so yeah, no guarantees.

How about this:

Lets say you take a college football player; 6'2, 225, 10-12% body fat, 4.75 forty yard dash... Put this guy in the gym for 3-6 months, any question he destroys her?
he might be able to survive a couple more minutes than pre-training. A competent gym wouldn't have him sparring within 3-6 months, but let's say he's a good athlete, and really takes to it. He starts sparring at 3 months. Put him in the cage vs Rousey after sparring for only three months, and yeah...he's not making it out of the first.

do you guys really think that Rousey only trains with 135 lb girls?
http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Rashaan-Evans-is-jacked--26688238So this dude goes to the gym for 6 months and she rolls him? I don't see it.
'Cause muscles!!!
Yea, someone like this is just muscles, he isn't extremely quick or a world class athlete either. She owns this dude who is almost 2x her size, 5x her strength, and every ounce the athlete she is... Especially after he gets 6 months to prepare. Good chance someone like this dude would kill her.
Big athletic dudes with muscles come into the gym all the time. Some of them still suck ### after months of training, so yeah, no guarantees.
There is a big difference in athleticism between a jacked guy at a gym and a 5 star SEC college linebacker. I'm not saying he beats Rousey, but he isn't just some average guy that just lifts weights.

Does the most dominant woman basketball player in the world start on the men's Oak Hill HS team?

Ronda fans are so irrational.

proninja said:
You guys realize that, even though we only see her fight chicks that she probably fights with dudes who could make two of any of us four or five days per week.

She'd laugh at regular computer jockey guy, even if he had 100 pounds on her.
No ####. I don't think anyone has suggest otherwise.

:shrug: If she is so badass, why is she afraid of Cyborg?
Dana White is afraid of Cyborg. He loses his biggest moneymaker and Cyborg would be a horrific champ for the UFC. And you know, Rousey fights at 135 and Cyborg can't get there. Maybe is she lays of the roids?

Does the most dominant woman basketball player in the world start on the men's Oak Hill HS team?

Pretty sure no one is saying she could whoop male MMA fighters though. 3 - 6 months of training isn't close to the same.
I've actually heard quite a few people suggest this... I believe some people were saying this in the MMA thread a few months ago IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does Cyborg bring to the table that would interest the UFC? The casuals who drive the big PPV numbers don't know who she is, and are already buying Rousey's fights anyway. Plus she's risky -- drug tests and not making weight (if the fight is at 135). Cyborg desperately wants to fight Rousey for the payday, I'm sure. Rousey and the UFC don't need Cyborg at all, and have zero incentive to offer the fight at a catchweight. Maybe once Ronda is ready to head to Hollywood permanently, as a legacy thing -- but until then, won't happen unless Cyborg makes 135 like everyone else.

MMA fighters are not super human. Training can only overcome so much deficit in in strength, speed and power.
In the early days of MMA, you would be able to find a a lot of size discrepancy matchups (this is before there were any weight classes).

You would have mountain size men, who were trained in fighting, and they could still lose to a MUCH smaller man.

Here are just a couple of many many examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQ

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/854138/

Pretty sure no one is saying she could whoop male MMA fighters though. 3 - 6 months of training isn't close to the same.
I've actually heard quite a few people suggest this... I believe some people were saying this in the MMA thread a few months ago IIRC.
Yeah, that's dumb too, then, IMO. No idea where the breaking point is, but I'd guess it's somewhere well above "zero training" and well below "makes a living beating dudes up."

Dana White is afraid of Cyborg. He loses his biggest moneymaker and Cyborg would be a horrific champ for the UFC. And you know, Rousey fights at 135 and Cyborg can't get there. Maybe is she lays of the roids?
So she can't beat a 145# woman, but can whoop a 235# man?
If / when Rousey fights Cyborg, she'll take her down and submit her. Cyborg isn't anything truly special, she just happens to be one of the only other women fighters that people have heard of, and she beat Gina Carano. For the most part, she has fought inferior competition than has Rousey, and for the most part, has been less spectacular in dispatching them, Rousey is an Olympic medalist in a sport that is well-established for women, and started in MMA in her athletic prime -- that just doesn't happen much, even on the men's side. The true stud athletes usually don't hit MMA until well into their decline phase.

Who said she can't beat a 145# woman?
Why is she insisting that Cyborg drop weight?

Because the UFC doesn't have a higher weight class for women.

I voted that she would kick the crap out of me. I have 80 lbs on her so maybe I can lean on her a bit, but I doubt it. Someone on these boards who wrestled in college and outweighs her may be able to make a game of it longer than she is going now, but I doubt it.

:shrug: fight her as is

Unless she is afraid....

I've got 7 inches, gigantic reach, 85 pounds, and am probably 2 possibly 3x as strong as her. At the age of 32, maybe I have a punchers chance if I can keep my distance, frustrate her, and catch a lucky shot (if I connect once on the chin or temple it would be lights out). This would also include 3-6 months of training and I'd still be a gigantic underdog.

In my early 20's, with 3-6 months of training, I think I would've taken her.
Who you trying to impress. We're FFA. We all have at least 10 inches. Guess it was cold the day you measured.

:shrug: fight her as is

Unless she is afraid....
She has no reason to.

:shrug: fight her as isUnless she is afraid....
Again, why? What's in it for the UFC / Rousey? Cyborg isn't gonna be a draw.I'm sure they'd sign for a Gina Carano catch weight fight in half a second. That would actually be marketable.

Cyborg looks like a dude and no one outside of MMA fans know who she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't her decision. You know, business and contracts and stuff.

All Cyborg has to do is have one fight at 135 then she'll get a shot.

Again, why? What's in it for the UFC / Rousey? Cyborg isn't gonna be a draw.
Why not fight her?

Because apparently she can beat up everyone in the world, except a single 145# woman....

Why not fight her?

Because apparently she can beat up everyone in the world, except a single 145# woman....
:fishing:

Why not fight her?

I don't think anyone said that. I do think she can beat up the type of person who would be on a fantasy football mesasgeboard at 3:00PM EDT on a Monday, though.

Why not fight her?

Pretty sure it's a business, and they fight to make $$$ -- not to see who has the biggest ####.

what would happen in real life brohans if two footballguys got after eachother i mean no footballguy has ever lost a fight and they would both have unlimited wealth to use and both would have wifes who are about twenty sevens on that offdy scale thing which is apparently based on whitewater wisconsin which is actually the armpit of both jefferson and walworth countys so your mileage may vary but long story short it would be like watching zues fight himself and would probably result in the universe impolding take that to the bank bromigos

Question to anyone who thinks they have a chance, have you ever been to a MMA gym or even have any experience wrestling at all?

I was a pretty good high school wrestler, won much more then I lost, but not good enough to place nationally. I know a guy who trained at the same gym Thiago Alves did when he was trying to make it in the UFC/MMA business. I've wrestled around with him a few times, and even though I have ~30 lbs on him I got absolutely demolished every time.

I'm in good shape, have a background in wrestling, absolutely no striking experience, and would have about 50 lbs on her. I'd last as long as it took for her to close the gap between us. I'd probably have to resort to shooting in to stop getting punched in the face and then I'd be done for.

On a side note - about ten years ago (when I was still working out) one of my friends at the gym was a local MMA fighter. I was 6'0 around 225 and he was maybe 5'7, 145. I was stronger than him so figured there was no way he would beat the crap out of me if we sparred. So, like an idiot, I said lets spar. He locked a choke hold on me and I was too stubborn to tap out. Things went a little hazy, but at least he had the sense not to kill me. Moral of the story - don't mess with trained MMA people. That freaking choke hold sucked and must of done some damage because I was spitting up chunks of blood for a few days after that.

Sarah McMann came to our gym and taught a wrestling class a while ago. McMann actually did fight Rousey, losing in the first (who doesn't?)

I had my doubts on womens MMA in general, but she is legit. Her wrestling knowledge is top notch - she showed some simple stuff I had never seen, and I wrestled all the way thru college. Beyond that, her game was very well suited and refined for MMA, not pure wrestling. McMann is also relatively broad in the shoulders. She looked pretty damn big for a 135'er. I don't know what she walks around at, but she's no beanpole.

I am an experienced wrestler with 5+ years of kickboxing/jiu-jitsu experience. I don't think I could beat McMann, much less Rousey.

I'd go as far as saying that anyone without any formal combat sports experience would not be capable of lasting 5 minutes with any UFC fighter, male or female.
Did she do any sparring with anyone? Just interested on if there was anything to take from it. The whole debate/question is interesting to me.
no, not in that class. She lives in Gaffney and has become good friends with a few of the girls from my gym - they were able to talk her into coming in and doing a free class. I'd love to watch her spar against our schools pro fighter - to see what the real difference is between the sexes.

Seriously though, she's legit. You can tell by watching how someone carries themselves on the mat that they know what they are doing. it was obvious watching her teach that she has decades of experience, and i'm not talking a couple of nights a week, I'm talking about training 3-4 hours a day, every day, all year long. And that's just McMann, who isn't at Rousey's level (yet).
We talked about this question while watching the fights Saturday night. My buddy, who has trained longer than me, is about 5'11" 230 lbs. Pretty big guy. He swears he would have a shot against her because of the weight/power difference. He agrees that an average Joe is done in 15 seconds, but thinks a bigger dude with some training has a pretty good shot.
Yeah I'd give a highly trained male fighter weighing +200 a possible chance.

Us normal guys though would be done in mere seconds.

See, I think guys who outweigh her by 100+ should be able to take her - easily.

Assuming you are 235+ with more muscle than fat, I will assume you are a decent athlete - not world class, but enough to be able to use your athleticism and weight to take on an undersized woman. You overestimate the advantage she would have in close - against like sized opponents, sure she has an advantage. But with an extra 100 pounds, she won't have the same leverage she enjoys against most of us. Then, pure weight on her will wear her out as fast as you get worn out.

If you have any boxing skills, you could use your reach advantage if she does not charge you. jabs, not power punches will keep you from wearing yourself out.

But, worse case scenario is you should be able to bear hug her, and body slam her, and don't let go....
And those big guys would be so slow that she would kick their legs till they collapse.
Dalton: Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he'll drop like a stone.

what would happen in real life brohans if two footballguys got after eachother i mean no footballguy has ever lost a fight and they would both have unlimited wealth to use and both would have wifes who are about twenty sevens on that offdy scale thing which is apparently based on whitewater wisconsin which is actually the armpit of both jefferson and walworth countys so your mileage may vary but long story short it would be like watching zues fight himself and would probably result in the universe impolding take that to the bank bromigos
See. SWC gets it....

MMA fighters are not super human. Training can only overcome so much deficit in in strength, speed and power.
In the early days of MMA, you would be able to find a a lot of size discrepancy matchups (this is before there were any weight classes).

You would have mountain size men, who were trained in fighting, and they could still lose to a MUCH smaller man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQ

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/854138/
What happened in this first one to make them end it so abruptly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQhttp://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/854138/
What happened in this first one to make them end it so abruptly?
Smaller guy Pulled an armbar on the bigger guy. Big guy tapped out because his elbow was being hyperextended.

Royce Gracie seems to have no problem with a 625 lb sumo wrestler here.

I imagine this is how the fight would go if you tried the "take her to the ground with all your extra muscle/weight strategy".

And highly doubt anyone on here is quick enough to jab and move and expect to be able to land punches.
This is the kind of thing I was referring to when I first mentioned Gracie.

I had a buddy back home who was a bouncer. Widely considered the "toughest guy in town." Big guy, strong guy, fast guy. Played LB in college. I asked him one time if he ever had to throw a guy out who he was afraid of. He said that aside from having a gun pulled on him, the only time he was worried was when he went to throw a guy out and the guy flipped him onto the ground. He said the guy was probably 5'9", and maybe 160 lbs, but it was clear he knew what he was doing. My buddy could've pulverized him if they were on their feet, but he said once he was on his back, this guy would've destroyed him. I caught up with him a few years later, and he was learning Brazilian Ju Jitsu because of that incident.

Users who are viewing this thread