What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (1 Viewer)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
The Floyd argument is an even worse one imo. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet, hate him or not, he is. The only part of Rhonda that would touch Floyd would be her face hitting his hands. Street fight, octagon, boxing match, I don't care, she's not going to touch Floyd.
:lmao: how fast is Floyd going to be when this chick kicks his thighs until he's bruised and can't run around any longer?
Floyd can dodge punches from inches away from the best boxers in the world. You honestly think he won't see a kick coming? Unreal.
Have you ever wrestled?

I am curious as to her ability to arm bar someone like the linebacker, who should be able to overpower his way out of it without much effort. Ankle lock would have him dead to rights, but most chokes and anything on the top half of the body and a professional male athlete should be able to break the hold with sheer power.
Good lord...

I am curious as to her ability to arm bar someone like the linebacker, who should be able to overpower his way out of it without much effort. Ankle lock would have him dead to rights, but most chokes and anything on the top half of the body and a professional male athlete should be able to break the hold with sheer power.
Have you ever tried to get out of a properly placed choke? I've been on both ends, a lot stronger than the guy who got me in it and I couldn't break it. Got a guy a lot stronger into one and he couldn't break it. That said, she has to get him there.
When you say a lot stronger, are we talking professional football player stronger than a 135 lb woman? I am not downplaying the MMA skills and power that she has, but I am talking taking someone in football shape who should be able to break her grip easily.

I love how people are now terrified of a 5'7" woman compared to the best male athletes in the world.

Holy ####, this is how politicians get elected and accounts for the sorry state of our current divorce laws.

LARF. LARP. Whatever.

Unless the untrained guy lands a big punch before she can get inside not sure how he would win.

There are tons of examples of big muscular athletic guys getting submitted by highly trained MMA fighters. There is no way Gracie was stronger than the guy in the clip posted above. The bigger guy threw him around like a rag doll and got Gracie on his back but the hulk got submitted rather easily.

It would have to be a lucky KO for the untrained guy to win.

How is this an argument when early UFC fights basically answered this question over and over. The highly trained grappler is going to beat the bigger stronger raw athletes close to 100% of the time.
Because we are talking about a woman vs a man. Rhonda is beating up other 135 pound women. There's a reason men aren't allowed to hit women and sports are segregated. Men are physically stronger by a wide margin. I think a lot of people are caught up in the hype the UFC and media are trying to create surrounding Rousey. Is what she's doing impressive? Yes, but try to keep it in perspective. She is beating up women that weigh the same as her. Could she pull off some holds on men, I think so. But in a real fight, where the guy is 100% serious, I don't see Rhonda winning against strong men that outweigh her by at least 50 pounds.
Have you ever watched an MMA match?
No. How do they work? Women fight men? There has to be a reason they're separated.
Damn, I got fished again.

Do people really still think that bigger is an advantage over skill in a fight?
In the reading of this thread, some of the people who don't follow MMA seem to think so. I have not seen anyone who follows MMA or participates in MMA say that but I may have missed a post or two.

Some are so far over the top, they appear to just be fishing/trolling, some are more reasonable.
Do you even need to watch MMA? Have people never seen a fight in person in college or a bar or something? There are cutoff points in some aspects I suppose, but skill trumps everything else.

The Floyd argument is an even worse one imo. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet, hate him or not, he is. The only part of Rhonda that would touch Floyd would be her face hitting his hands. Street fight, octagon, boxing match, I don't care, she's not going to touch Floyd.
:lmao: how fast is Floyd going to be when this chick kicks his thighs until he's bruised and can't run around any longer?
Floyd can dodge punches from inches away from the best boxers in the world. You honestly think he won't see a kick coming? Unreal.
Have you ever wrestled?
Not sure what my experience in wrestling has to do with Floyd seeing a kick coming from a mile away, but yes I have. Why?

Have you ever tried to get out of a properly placed choke? I've been on both ends, a lot stronger than the guy who got me in it and I couldn't break it. Got a guy a lot stronger into one and he couldn't break it. That said, she has to get him there.
When you say a lot stronger, are we talking professional football player stronger than a 135 lb woman? I am not downplaying the MMA skills and power that she has, but I am talking taking someone in football shape who should be able to break her grip easily.
Yep, BJJ is all about grip. Pretty much just a big game of Mercy.

Once it is locked in, it's too late.

Although I do wonder if a defensive lineman's ability to break contact would help. Most likely just help avoid the lock to begin with.

So funny. The 'Rousey ain't ####' guys need to step into a MMA or BJJ gym just once. You'll quickly realize how low on the totem pole strength and size are vs. skill.

I assume the Floyd argument is fishing. Taking a bite, how does she beat possibly the fastest and best defensive boxer ever (last I checked this is a professional fighter)?

She takes him down :lmao:

She stands there and spars with him :lmao:

Either you're seriously over-estimating Ronda or seriously under-estimating Floyd.

I assume the Floyd argument is fishing. Taking a bite, how does she beat possibly the fastest and best defensive boxer ever (last I checked this is a professional fighter)?

Either you're seriously over-estimating Ronda or seriously under-estimating Floyd.
Why wouldn't she be able to take him down?

She's not sparring. Nobody is suggesting that.

Her chance is simply the close fight, on the floor.

Because she would eat about 34 punches from Floyd before she even knew she was in a fight.

So funny. The 'Rousey ain't ####' guys need to step into a MMA or BJJ gym just once. You'll quickly realize how low on the totem pole strength and size are vs. skill.
I don't think anybody could be characterized that way.

I'm skeptical as heck, but Rousey would likely kick my old ###.

I sort of think about younger athletes and then laugh, though.

If it's a referendum on the MMA, I'll abstain. I hate the sport, but that's a personal opinion and not a judgment about its athleticism or technical merit.

Have you ever wrestled?
Not sure what my experience in wrestling has to do with Floyd seeing a kick coming from a mile away, but yes I have. Why?
Because any decent wrestler knows to watch their opponents hips, not their upper body...where their hips go is where their body goes. Not saying she could win, but Floyd only has to watch for punches...He's not trained for grappling.

Exactly.

Mayweather is great at dodging PUNCHES.

Rousey is not going to even bother trying to PUNCH him. She is more than capable of getting close enough to him to grab him without being knocked out first. Maybe not every single time, but enough to where I think if they fought a few times she could beat him.

Although I do wonder if a defensive lineman's ability to break contact would help. Most likely just help avoid the lock to begin with.
It would help, sure. Could probably defend a sub or two with pure strength. But as he's defending one thing, she's getting ready to switch to something else and technique would win in end.

One of my groomsmen from my wedding is a pro fighter. He also runs/owns an MMA gym. Participated many times. I'm 6'2 220-230, my boy is 5'10 155. He owns me in 10 seconds flat. He'd also kill Ronda.Some of the comparisons here are ####### silly. This is a Dana White marketing ploy and it is genius bc some people are biting so hard. Put her in a match for $100k against any male pro fighter and she would get killed. I'd bet the under on 30 seconds.

And people in here think she'd take any NBA or NFL player. Oh yea, she can also beat the greatest boxer ever too.

Not sure why we don't just drop her off in Raqqa to take out all of ISIS in one quick swoop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Because she would eat about 34 punches from Floyd before she even knew she was in a fight.
This isn't difficult.

He gets a good punch to land, she's in trouble. She's able to get in, he's fighting a way he hasn't trained (AFAIK)

Have you ever wrestled?
Because any decent wrestler knows to watch their opponents hips, not their upper body...where their hips go is where their body goes. Not saying she could win, but Floyd only has to watch for punches...He's not trained for grappling.
Any athlete watches hips.

This thread has jumped shark. We're now debating Mayweather/Rousey III

One of my groomsmen from my wedding is a pro fighter. He also runs/owns an MMA gym. Participated many times. I'm 6'2 220-230, my boy is 5'10 155. He owns me in 10 seconds flat. He'd also kill Ronda.Some of the comparisons here are ####### silly. This is a Dana White marketing ploy and it is genius bc some people are biting so hard. Put her in a match for $100k against any male pro fighter and she would get killed. I'd bet the under on 30 seconds.

And people in here think she'd take any NBA or NFL player. Oh yea, she can also beat the greatest boxer ever too.

Not sure why we don't just drop her off in Raqqa to take out all of ISIS in one quick swoop.
This has to be fishing.

I can't even...

I just don't know anymore.

Watching that last fight I'm going to say plenty of people, without all her training, can match her stand up "skills".

Those were really really .... really messy punches. Missed a couple of those by feet. Feet not inches.

:lol: at comparing the nba and nfl. Guess Jeter could take her too?

Have you ever wrestled?
I have nothing left to add. I've said my piece. We are all arguing something stupid that will never happen. It's like the Dream Team vs Players nowadays. We will never know. Agree to disagree.

It would help, sure. Could probably defend a sub or two with pure strength. But as he's defending one thing, she's getting ready to switch to something else and technique would win in end.
I don't watch MMA because the BJJ crowd ruined the sport by turning it into a grapple and choke fest and ruined the watchability IMO. I am honestly curious if someone with vastly superior strength would be able to break holds, at least on the upper body. I am not downplaying her skill, but I have to imagine that the NFL linebacker could overpower his way out.

Sinn Fein said:
See, I think guys who outweigh her by 100+ should be able to take her - easily.

Assuming you are 235+ with more muscle than fat, I will assume you are a decent athlete - not world class, but enough to be able to use your athleticism and weight to take on an undersized woman. You overestimate the advantage she would have in close - against like sized opponents, sure she has an advantage. But with an extra 100 pounds, she won't have the same leverage she enjoys against most of us. Then, pure weight on her will wear her out as fast as you get worn out.

If you have any boxing skills, you could use your reach advantage if she does not charge you. jabs, not power punches will keep you from wearing yourself out.

But, worse case scenario is you should be able to bear hug her, and body slam her, and don't let go....
Perhaps the worst post in months.
Sometimes you just have to bear hug a ##### and fall down.

I disagree with this, but ok.

Have you ever wrestled?
I have nothing left to add. I've said my piece. We are all arguing something stupid that will never happen. It's like the Dream Team vs Players nowadays. We will never know. Agree to disagree.
K, slap it high?

Have you ever wrestled?
K, slap it high?
Sure

I don't watch MMA because the BJJ crowd ruined the sport by turning it into a grapple and choke fest and ruined the watchability IMO. I am honestly curious if someone with vastly superior strength would be able to break holds, at least on the upper body. I am not downplaying her skill, but I have to imagine that the NFL linebacker could overpower his way out.
Well there you go.

Have you ever wrestled?
K, slap it high?
Sure
:hifive:

Watch some of the first few UFC when there were no weight classes. Gracie crushed those guys and never once did he have a size or strength advantage. Plenty of times he was giving up 100+ lbs. He won because of technique and his opponents having no clue how to defend what he was doing. Same thing as Rousey vs <insert untrained guy>.

Same thing as putting a boxer into a Muay Thai fight. It wouldn't be close.

Watch some of the first few UFC when there were no weight classes. Gracie crushed those guys and never once did he have a size or strength advantage. Plenty of times he was giving up 100+ lbs. He won because of technique and his opponents having no clue how to defend what he was doing. Same thing as Rousey vs <insert untrained guy>.

Same thing as putting a boxer into a Muay Thai fight. It wouldn't be close.
Is this where we are with Rousey?

Rousey = Gracie?

Watch some of the first few UFC when there were no weight classes. Gracie crushed those guys and never once did he have a size or strength advantage. Plenty of times he was giving up 100+ lbs. He won because of technique and his opponents having no clue how to defend what he was doing. Same thing as Rousey vs <insert untrained guy>.Same thing as putting a boxer into a Muay Thai fight. It wouldn't be close.
Is this where we are with Rousey?

Rousey = Gracie?
She's undeniably a better and far more accomplished combat athlete. Royce was fighting dudes who never heard of BJJ.

Users who are viewing this thread