What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Anarchy League 8 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/24729

Draft set to start Thurs. 8/6 at 8:00 AM EST.

Randomly selected draft order:

[SIZE=10pt]CHECK IN STATUS (1 = MDF, 2 = MFL Site)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]indyram96 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jabatony 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Maggot Brain 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Bonesman 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Crippler 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]JeremyX13 1.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Construxboy 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]eNdblu 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Fiddles 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Foolofatook 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Steveski 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ryheaps 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ThreeThousand 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ummich10 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]DarksideofOz[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Vector 1, 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Please log in to the league site AND post in this thread so I know everyone is alive and got the message. If everyone is willing and able, I can start the draft earlier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Draft timer is off for now and hopefully I will not have to turn it on.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
If darkside doesn't check in, are we still on schedule for tomorrow? Or will it be paused awaiting a replacement owner?

Still a go for tomorrow. Will worry about Darkside when we get to his pick. Already have people on standby if we need to go that route.

Never used MFL before, I think I have set up to automatically make my pick. If not I will make it as soon as I can.

It's a month away from the start of the season. The draft will be done in two more weeks. Do the math.

Review:

My approach was three fold: fade RBs, go WR early and try to get as many players from likely playoff teams as possible.
To accomplish the third objective, I combined/averaged the projected standings from Vegas and from Football Outsiders. I took the top 6 most likely playoff teams (DAL, DEN, GB, IND, NE, SEA) and moved their players up a couple of slots on my cheat sheet. Then I took the next 8 most likely playoff teams (PIT, ARI, CIN, KC, PHI, MIN, BAL, NYG) and moved them up a slot. Finally I took the worst 4 projected teams (TB, TEN, WAS, JAX) and moved their players down a couple of slots.
Might be an overreaction to the league format. We'll see.
In the end I had 7 players from the top group, 4 more from the second group and only 2 from the bottom group.

QB:
Cowboys, Dallas DAL TMQB
Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB

Definitely understand the notion of fading QBs in this format, but I did not quite agree with that. I wanted two good QBs, hopefully from playoff teams, without completely reaching. I like the result.

RB:
Johnson, David ARI RB
Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
Robinson, Denard JAC RB
Starks, James GBP RB

Would have liked one of the QBs or Gronk in the first, but once I went with Lynch, it made fading RBs that much easier. No PPR for them so I was looking for solid backups that have shown some performance in the past. Starks and Robinson fit that bill well. Not sure that Johnson was a great grab. More of pass catcher and a rookie. Should have gone with my other choices of Hillman or McKinnon.

WR:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Brown, John ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR

Love this group and although I feel bad for Nelson owners, I'm certainly helped by the injury. Mostly smaller WRs but I'm OK with some boom/bust on long TDs in this format from Hilton and Brown. Allen should be a consistent performer and I'm not as down on the Bills passing game this year as others, although I am a Bills fan. Hell, that may make it even more surprising.

TE:

Escobar, Gavin DAL TE

Reed, Jordan WAS TE

Tamme, Jacob ATL TE

Lousy job at the position, which will likely sink me. Waited too long to grab them at 2 pt per. Then got a guy who can't stay on field, a guy who's 100 years old and a guy that has done nothing so far. Ugh. I do have a feeling about Escobar though, so maybe I'll get lucky and be right.

PK:

Hauschka, Steven SEA PK

Walsh, Blair MIN PK

Although it seems like PK should be faded, I wanted solid players on possible playoff teams. Lots of times it seems like there is turnover at this position near the bottom of the starting 32, so I wanted to get them a little earlier than normal. Of course, my "solid" Blair Walsh has looked like crap so far this preseason.Also screwed up the Hauschka pick. Should have gone with Crosby, but maybe I've over thinking it. My PK strategy this season to try to take kickers from teams with conservative coaches. I worry that some coaches with more "guts", like a Chip Kelly, will go for 2 more often and take scoring opportunities away from the kicker. I would guess that Carroll is going to go for 2 more often, but maybe I'm wrong.

DEF:

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

Faded DEF quite a bit. They can't get hurt and you're guaranteed 2. I do like both and think they were the best available when I picked.

Overall I like the team, but the poor TE drafting will likely sink me.

Last edited by a moderator:
got home saturday night and drunkenly and mistakenly drafted jaelen strong who I did not want at all

o well at least its a free league

I will do a report since Consturx did. Maybe no one cards

First time playing Anarchy, so my philosophy could be totally incorrect.

I just thought QB scores so well, so I would like 2. From better teams is also nice. Wanted nothing to do with the bottom feeder QB's at all even if they are not hurt by injury. RB is hard to find, so went earlier on them. WR I tried a see who I could get in the middle format and TE was trying to get a guy I liked at value. PK I looked for one playoff team and 2nd to be whoever wont lose job(Clev PK, Forbath are not wanted) and D was try to get one and take last one whenever as I say little difference from top to bottom. Dd take playoff teams in consideration. Lke Baltimore and Pitts chances with NE, Indy, Denver and maybe SD, Cincy or Miami in AFC and Green Bay, Seattle, Carolina, Dallas or Philly, Detroit and SL in the NFC.

QB:Pitt, SD I probably went too early on the 2nd one here when I saw a few later picks but it is what it is. 2 very good QB's with 1 who I think has great chance for huge year and the other being very good. This will be a top 4 unit

RB: Lacy, Gordon, Yelden, Bush. I got the GB RB who I pick to go to SB vs Pitt. Yelden and Gordon are rookies but should produce and about value. Bush is a PPR guy who I thought was value also. Pretty happy with this core. ONly 1 forsure playoff and one maybe in SD.

WR:T. Smith, Desean, Crabtree, Funchess, Lockett, Montgomery I like the core overall and think waiting gives you a pretty good core. I dont have many playoff guys except my 2 rookies who both have been good and like CB, I benefitted from the Nelson injury with getting Montgomery in the last. Taking D and PK early helped me here as most had to fill the hole and left him for me. I think waiting can be a good move in these for WR

TE: Ebron, Rodgers. It is better than CB's but not as good as most. Hopefully both get better in year 2. Could be playoff bound though with another Packer in tow

PK: Tucker, Cantanzaro. I think both could make playoffs and with conservative coaches, could kick many FG's. I am big on Tucker

DEFCincy, TB. It suckes overall but Cincy has playoff chance and I think TB led by Lavonte David could be a surprise team this year

Overall, I like this team alot and dont trade it for CB's. The only position I like better is his WR and I dont see a big gap here.

Users who are viewing this thread