What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 NBA Thread: I felt a great disturbance in the trolls, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. (1 Viewer)

Finally listened to Lowe's podcast with Cuban. Enjoyed the Shark Tank talk more than the basketball talk, but I did find it interesting when Cuban talked about the discovery of cronyism within NBA ref hiring. Hadn't heard about that, but getting rid of it and all the other measures the league is taking to improve ofiiciating is even more reason to like the Adam Silver era.

Finally listened to Lowe's podcast with Cuban. Enjoyed the Shark Tank talk more than the basketball talk, but I did find it interesting when Cuban talked about the discovery of cronyism within NBA ref hiring. Hadn't heard about that, but getting rid of it and all the other measures the league is taking to improve ofiiciating is even more reason to like the Adam Silver era.
Unfortunately that podcast quickly deteriorated from an interesting discussion of the NBA and Shark Tank to a 30 minute infomercial on cyber dust.

No.

To this thread title question.

Will keep this post updated with my answers.

:blackdot:

Schedule soon. My Xmas prediction:

Noon: Heat @ Hawks

2:30: Thunder @ Cavs

5:00: Spurs @ Warriors

8:00: Clippers @ Mavericks

10:30: Rockets @ Lakers

:blackdot:

Schedule soon. My Xmas prediction:

Noon: Heat @ Hawks

2:30: Thunder @ Cavs

5:00: Spurs @ Warriors

8:00: Clippers @ Mavericks

10:30: Rockets @ Lakers
That would make a Merry Christmas for NBA fans for sure.

One of the breakthroughs rumored on this season's schedule is the near-removal of four games in five nights for teams. Guess Silver has had enough of DNP-CDs triggered by travel schedules.

hey kobme tell me how my as tastes i just wanted that to be my first post in the new thread take that to the bank acapella style brohans edited for grammer

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

Unfortunately that podcast quickly deteriorated from an interesting discussion of the NBA and Shark Tank to a 30 minute infomercial on cyber dust.

Though I did like that Lowe was still like, nah I'll never use that.

Though I did like that Lowe was still like, nah I'll never use that.
And Cuban just stiff-armed right through it and kept selling. Whole thing made me like Lowe even more. That and the whole "I don't play NBA video games because if I did I wouldn't have time left over to do my job and be a parent". I did appreciate Cuban's point about a well-made video game's ability to increase interest in the sport, and taking about kids who know every played in the NBA because they like playing NBA2K. I remember experiencing that phenomenon with the EA NHL games for the Sega Genesis. I didn't follow the NHL at all, but through those games I learned all the teams and who the good players were.

Todem and Curly are going to be so lost when next years playoffs roll around.

Last edited by a moderator:
i welcome our new cappy overlord but also say thanks to cliffy for the years of service you are the robin yount of the nba thread cliffy brohan and that is high praise in swcland take that to the bank

BDL's Sonics are up:

C Jack Sikma

F Shawn Kemp

F Kevin Durant

G Gary Payton

G Russell Westbrook

Gave the nod to Westbrook over Ray Allen because Allen had fewer than 300 games with the franchise while Westbrook had seven seasons and counting. Also said if the franchise hadn't moved, SI would have written many cover stories comparing Westbrook and Payton.

Gave shout-outs to Slick Watts and Nate McMillan as nasty defenders who also contributed on offense. Gave some love to Dale Ellis and Xavier McDaniel.

When does the schedule come out?
Next Tuesday. Final draft is circulating through teams, arenas, and TV partners, making final adjustments. For example, the teams hosting Christmas Day games know they are playing a home game on Dec 25, but their opponents haven't been locked in yet.

I'm going to try and be the Suns guy again this year. I tried last year for about two posts, then I had a sandwich and I can't really remember what happened after that.

BDL's Sonics are up:

C Jack Sikma

F Shawn Kemp

F Kevin Durant

G Gary Payton

G Russell Westbrook

Gave the nod to Westbrook over Ray Allen because Allen had fewer than 300 games with the franchise while Westbrook had seven seasons and counting. Also said if the franchise hadn't moved, SI would have written many cover stories comparing Westbrook and Payton.

Gave shout-outs to Slick Watts and Nate McMillan as nasty defenders who also contributed on offense. Gave some love to Dale Ellis and Xavier McDaniel.
Can you edit this one too so that Brintey doesn't murder someone?

Heat have 8th-best odds to win championship. Surprising. Someone call Todem.

(I mean, really, no, do not call Todem, whatever you do.)

bucks bangos milwaukees fearthedeers and probably cleveland because i like labron take that to the bank bromigos

BDL's Sonics are up:

C Jack Sikma

F Shawn Kemp

F Kevin Durant

G Gary Payton

G Russell Westbrook

Can you edit this one too so that Brintey doesn't murder someone?
If he gets angry, bring up when the Sonics won the 1996 NBA Finals. It helps to talk about when they called a foul on Rodman for jumping into Kemp on a late jump ball that allowed SEA to pull out a late, close game. And how Karl never foolishly tried putting Hawkins on Jordan, always making sure either Payton or McMillan was on the court to guard MJ.

Users who are viewing this thread