What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Anarchy's ******* Love Child Thread (1 Viewer)

Who wants to tell Ref there is no 2 PPR in this league?
ouch...thought the ******* love child was a pure breed....missed that
David likes to switch things up.

So I guess this will be slightly harder next year now that you are wise to it. :)

In the end you still have a pretty decent draft. Removing a good TE from the pool is going to leave a few teams with a hot mess of nothing from the position. If it were 2PPR more of the TE would be viable.

So about half of us are finally finished with our drafts now in ABLC.

I liked drafting from the middle here as I did not have to wait quite so long in between picks as I would be drafting at the ends. I do think there are some strategic advantages of drafting at the ends in this format, but being in the middle allowed me to be a bit more flexible.

Here is my all bust squad for 2015

1.16 16. Forte, Matt CHI RB - I do not like the Bears hiring John Fox and I worry somewhat about the direction of the team with him. I don't see the Bears improving their defense much and without Brandon Marshall or rookie Kevin White should keep Forte heavily involved with the offense that I see playing from behind a lot. Forte may not catch 100 again, but if he is healthy 70-80 seems possible, perhaps even likely.

2.17 49. Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB - I like the NFC Souths schedule this season. The only defense in the division that is any good in my opinion is Carolina, and Cam will not have to play against them. Losing Benjamin hurts his prospects a bit, but I expect Newton to perform better in 2015 than he did last year. Playoffs are possible because this division is wide open.

3.16 80. Smith, Steve BAL WR - This seemed perhaps a bit high to take him? But at pick 80 and so many picks between, I took Smith as the best WR still available. I have long been a fan of his game and I hope he goes out strong. I am not seeing much better options for Flacco than Smith. I consider the Ravens to be a favorite to win the AFC North.

4.17 113. Wright, Kendall TEN WR - I have been a fan of Wright since he came into the league. Drafted him quite a bit in 2013 when he was value but never landed him in 2014 when he was being drafted at around his value. After a poor 2014 I think Wright presents some nice value again. I consider him close to what Steve Smith will do in 2015 without the playoff potential.

5.16 144. Blue, Alfred HOU RB - Blue did alright last season in Fosters Absence. I consider him a more complete RB than any other RB on their roster. This is a poor offense with a very good defense. The Texans ran the ball over 500 times in 2014 and I expect that to be the goal again this season. How soon and how well Foster comes back, could really affect Blues opportunity. However I think Foster is on his last legs and Blue may still contribute even if/after he returns.

6.17 177. Rodgers, Richard GBP TE - I hate the Packers more than any other NFL team. But he was the best TE available. I think a lot of folks have slept on him and he could be a surprise to many this season. Some play off potential here as well although I am hoping the Vikings win the division.

7.16 208. Patriots, New England NEP Def - The Patriots are likely to make the playoffs again. I actually wanted to draft a kicker before a defense, but the top kickers were gone by this point so I opted for what I hope will be a top defense instead.

8.17 241. Gano, Graham CAR PK - Kicker for Carolina who has some playoff potential.

9.16 272. Gillmore, Crockett BAL TE - I honestly am not sure who Flaco will throw to besides Steve Smith and their RBs. He has shown a tendency to like targeting TE and made Dennis Pitta a top 12 TE before. Maxx Williams is also in the mix but Crockett has the advantage of more experience with the QB and the coaches.

10.17 305. Nicks, Hakeem TEN WR - Never been a fan of Nicks and there are young WR in DGB and Hunter who could take some of his opportunities. I was actually hoping Jarius Wright might slip to me here, but nope. Nicks did score over 100 points in this format last season with only 44 receptions.

How well do I think this team will do against the field? No idea really. This format is so wide open having healthy players who contribute something each week makes you a contender. My best pick here may be Richard Rodgers and I am not really very excited about that.

Absolutely hated drafting at the end. It was days between picks. Being at the back end made it even worse. The only consolation is that I might get a decent free agent pickup, but I can't even imagine what will be left.

1.31 NE Team QB - I really didn't expect to go QB here but Denver and WE were staring me in the face. The Shark move would be to punt this position. The guy who won this last year had the Rams QB who finished 29th in scoring. Note that he drafted last in 2014 and got Forsett which obviously skews things. That said, NE QB was #3 last year in overall points and I expect them to make the playoffs again. My only other consideration here was Sanders or Edelman. Figure one would be left as drafter 32 would likely take Denver QB.

2.2 E. Sanders - Thought about Edelman and A. Johnson here. In hindsight I probably should have opted for the combo and taken Edelman.

3.31 D. Allen / 4.2 C. Fleener - Projected by Dodds to score 141 and 127 pts respectively. In hindsight this was a really stupid decision. In this format you have to swing for the fence. A Super Bowl run may add another 40 pts combined, but I left VJax on the board and his projected 210 pts. I knew I had to go TE here and was correct because 15 more went before my next pick. I assumed a little more would be left at WR by my next pick but it 60 picks is a long time.

5.31 S. Gostkowski - I wanted to secure a solid K so I could save my FA pick for a potential budding star. Gost pairs well with the NE Team QB. It was now or never.

6.2 P. Harvin - Really excited about this pick as WR62. The Bills may sniff the playoffs. They will find a way to use his talent. I didn't consider anyone but him.

7.31 K. Robinson - Not bad. Not only a lottery ticket, but also someone who will score more points than the average backup. Lots of upside if every Ingram or Spiller miss time. Some playoff potential.

8.2 D. Johnson - He's been dropping like a rock in every draft. He had a good pre-season game right before this pick and might see the playoffs.

9.31 C. Matthews - This is my free agent place holder. I'll see how much field time he gets in Seattle and Jettison him for someone we overlooked if there's a better option. Should see multiple playoff games.

10.2 Jax D - There wasn't much left on the board but they do have an easy schedule outside of Indy x 2.

This should be an above average team with little hope of a title. Drafting Fleener really eliminated any title shot. I'll probably hang middle of the pack and then make a mini run in the playoffs barring injuries.

I really like having the two Colts TE as a combo if it were 2pts/reception or if you needed to start two. But this being a normal valuation where TE do not get any advantage, I don't see it as nearly exciting. As you already mentioned, you could have drafted Jackson or another WR that you must start while just covering the TE position with one of those two picks. The hard part may have been deciding which Colts TE should that be? :D

With Dorsett and Johnson now on the team, I expect fewer 2TE sets. Which would have me leaning towards Allen. But I have been wrong going down that road before.

I forgot we get a free agent pick up after the first week in this one.

What was I thinking in making this league. It is tough to draft no matter where you pick from.

7 GBP TMQB 2

In hindsight I am not a fan of this pick because you loose roster flexibility downstream. There were points in the draft where I thought there was good value at QB but obviously couldn't pull the trigger as I already had a QB. Even though I feel like I have a weaker team, taking Rodgers here nets 200 more points than guys with bottom tier QBs. I would like to think that essentially is like rostering another player but it sure doesn't feel like that's the case. The Nelson news certainly didn't get me to like this pick any better

58 Mark Ingram RB 19

With so many top picks off the board, I am somewhat happy to get Ingram and hope the Saints return to the playoffs. I know the talk is that the Saints will run more but I will believe it when I see it. I am a little concerned Spiller will get more work than anticipated.

71 Brandon LaFell WR 27

I liked LaFell a lot more a few weeks ago when he had a minor injury. But now that injury looks to be a lot more serious which makes him a way riskier pick. The Pats should get at least 18 games and he would have been a decent value if he played in all of them.

122 Tevin Coleman RB 39

I figured the depth at RB was going to run dry pretty quickly. Hopefully Coleman takes over sooner rather than later. I also guessed there would be more talent available at other positions in deeper rounds. Maybe ATL will sneak into the playoffs. The NFC South is pretty wide open and full of mediocrity.

135 Marques Colston WR 52

Graham's targets are going to get redistributed and I don't think it will be to TEs. Cook will probably get a bunch of them but Colston could see an uptick.

186 Connor Barth PK 9

Barth on DEN was worth drafting this high. Barth in a camp battle in TB . . . Not so much. If he doesn't stick with the Bucs I will have to burn my waiver claim on a kicker.

199 Philly Brown WR 75

My tour of the NFC South continues with Brown. I have seen some reports that he was ahead of Funchess in camp and at the top of the depth chart. That is probably the unrealistic but he has a chance to get way more targets with Benjamin out of the picture.

250 Scott Chandler TE 31

I envision NE going to two tight end formations a lot, especially with their WRs being dinged up to start the season. Gronk and Chandler will make for twin towers in the red zone. I think people are sleeping on Chandler in deep leagues. He could have 6-8 TD in an Anarchy season.

263 Browns DEF 22

I really wanted to avoid the bottom tier defenses, as in this league they are big liabilities. The Browns defensive unit won't win any beauty contests, but they won't lose any either.

314 Stedman Bailey WR 108

Talk about slim pickings. You guys gutted the draft pool by this point. Bailey looks like he might stick in the slot in STL and thus cod get a fair amount of looks. Nothing great, but maybe there are 100 points to be had here.

I don't love the outcome of the team I assembled, but I guess when I finally sit down and look at the other 31 rosters it won't seem that bad. We all will be weak somewhere, as drafting 320 deep gets to some pretty small role players. I do enjoy having to look at depth charts and projections to find guys that slipped through the cracks. Drafting over 100 receivers is cray cray. It definitely helps identify sleepers and waiver wire targets in smaller leagues. Even if teams tank in this league it is worth participating.

I really like having the two Colts TE as a combo if it were 2pts/reception or if you needed to start two. But this being a normal valuation where TE do not get any advantage, I don't see it as nearly exciting. As you already mentioned, you could have drafted Jackson or another WR that you must start while just covering the TE position with one of those two picks. The hard part may have been deciding which Colts TE should that be? :D

With Dorsett and Johnson now on the team, I expect fewer 2TE sets. Which would have me leaning towards Allen. But I have been wrong going down that road before.

I forgot we get a free agent pick up after the first week in this one.
Just looked and if somehow they duplicate last year there were 16 TDs between the two of them and 335 FF pts. That gives me an idea. You are 100% correct that I had no idea which Colts TE to take.

1.18 - LeSean McCoy - Please get and stay healthy, please get a little bit of QB play so you aren't seeing 8-9 guys in the box all season

2.15 - Kelvin Benjamin - Would feel a lot better about my team if his knee stays together. Hoping for a early pick in the refill draft

3.18 - Delanie Walker - Should provide solid production from the TE position

4.15 - Rashad Jennings - Will be in the mix of touches, hopefully he gets a larger percentage than most

5.18 - San Fran TMQB - waited too long here and wasn't happy with the choices, hopefully more of 2014 Kaep and less of the 2015 version

6.15 - Cecil Shorts - first pick after Benjamin injury, had to try for a HR at WR to try to cover production, wasn't much on the bench

7.18 - Colts Def - Hopefully some big leads can translate into some sacks and turnovers

8.15 - Phil Dawson -should be solid production

9.18 - Nate Washington - Again wanted to swing for the fences and the cabinet was even more bare. Hoping Houston passes a lot out of 3WR sets and these 2 can thrive while DeAndre draws all the attention

10.15 - Terrence West - Who knows what is going to happen in CLE?

When I found out I was pick 32, it was like "OK, cool!", :) then there was no more 3rr like last yr.... :X .......

1.32 - DEN TMQB - Waiting for Brew to make his pick, I know I was going to get one of NWE or DEN QB with this choice. At this point, either is a great choice. I honestly couldn't believe they were still there given the structure of the league.

2.01 - B. COOKS - WR NOR - It was coming down to Matthews or Cooks here. Having to start 3 WR, knowing I wasn't going to select again for 62 picks is a killer.

3.32 - J. BROWN - WR ARZ - Don't have to worry about week to week consistency, has the blow up factor, but the downside...Can Palmer stay healthy? Time will tell.

4.01 - J. CAMERON - TE MIA - Potential playoff team, + cant wait another 2 rounds to see what is left at TE. At this stage, decided to punt on RB till later.

5.32 - DEN DEF - The landscape @ WR / RB / TE gutted.... :( looks like somebody dropped a tactical nuke....don't want to chase so I change direction and go after playoff DEF and PK to buy some leverage.

6.01 - M. Crosby - GNB PK

7.32 - R. HILLMAN - RB DEN

8.01 - J. WHITE - RB NWE - Being that it's 1.0 ppr, I'm hoping I can make this work w/rotational backs on projected playoff teams. Biggest worry here is White losing touches outright to Bolden or Lewis, but the potential value add is how good Hillman has looked (supplanted Ball for the #2 job for now). This round here is either gonna make or break my chances to compete IMO. I had really considered D. Johnson ARZ here but he hadn't shown anything yet and they had signed CJ?K. Hindsight 20/20 would have been the better choice vs White.

9.32 - T GINN - WR CAR - W/Benjamin going down and Funchess long gone from the board, I was going to target Cotchery ( :X ) but he was snapped up 2 picks before me. I don't expect much here. Fingers crossed get a little something.

10.01 - B. POWELL - RB NYJ - Dart throw but at pick 289, seems like decent ROI potential.

1.18 - LeSean McCoy - Please get and stay healthy, please get a little bit of QB play so you aren't seeing 8-9 guys in the box all season

2.15 - Kelvin Benjamin - Would feel a lot better about my team if his knee stays together. Hoping for a early pick in the refill draft
The refill draft, as you call it, or one time waiver claim, as I call it, is the reverse of the first round draft order. So the team with the 1.32 pick gets the first waiver claim and the team with the 1.01 draft pick gets the last waiver claim. You are pretty much in the middle.

The refill draft, as you call it, or one time waiver claim, as I call it, is the reverse of the first round draft order. So the team with the 1.32 pick gets the first waiver claim and the team with the 1.01 draft pick gets the last waiver claim. You are pretty much in the middle.
Forgot about that. :doh: :kicksrock:

When I found out I was pick 32, it was like "OK, cool!", :) then there was no more 3rr like last yr.... :X .......

1.32 - DEN TMQB - Waiting for Brew to make his pick, I know I was going to get one of NWE or DEN QB with this choice. At this point, either is a great choice. I honestly couldn't believe they were still there given the structure of the league.

2.01 - B. COOKS - WR NOR - It was coming down to Matthews or Cooks here. Having to start 3 WR, knowing I wasn't going to select again for 62 picks is a killer.

3.32 - J. BROWN - WR ARZ - Don't have to worry about week to week consistency, has the blow up factor, but the downside...Can Palmer stay healthy? Time will tell.

4.01 - J. CAMERON - TE MIA - Potential playoff team, + cant wait another 2 rounds to see what is left at TE. At this stage, decided to punt on RB till later.

5.32 - DEN DEF - The landscape @ WR / RB / TE gutted.... :( looks like somebody dropped a tactical nuke....don't want to chase so I change direction and go after playoff DEF and PK to buy some leverage.

8.01 - J. WHITE - RB NWE - Being that it's 1.0 ppr, I'm hoping I can make this work w/rotational backs on projected playoff teams. Biggest worry here is White losing touches outright to Bolden or Lewis, but the potential value add is how good Hillman has looked (supplanted Ball for the #2 job for now). This round here is either gonna make or break my chances to compete IMO. I had really considered D. Johnson ARZ here but he hadn't shown anything yet and they had signed CJ?K. Hindsight 20/20 would have been the better choice vs White.

9.32 - T GINN - WR CAR - W/Benjamin going down and Funchess long gone from the board, I was going to target Cotchery ( :X ) but he was snapped up 2 picks before me. I don't expect much here. Fingers crossed get a little something.

10.01 - B. POWELL - RB NYJ - Dart throw but at pick 289, seems like decent ROI potential.
I like your top 6 picks here. Gets a bit ugly after that but the same could be said for any of our drafts.

I like your top 6 picks here. Gets a bit ugly after that but the same could be said for any of our drafts.
Yeah, it was catch 22 there re: the 5/6 turn area.....My RB's are gonna suck but hopefully I can get a few points here n there to mitigate. It's so tough w/ 32 teamer to assemble a decent squad...everyone is going to have potholes someplace or another...

So about half of us are finally finished with our drafts now in ABLC.

I liked drafting from the middle here as I did not have to wait quite so long in between picks as I would be drafting at the ends. I do think there are some strategic advantages of drafting at the ends in this format, but being in the middle allowed me to be a bit more flexible.

Here is my all bust squad for 2015

1.16 16. Forte, Matt CHI RB - I do not like the Bears hiring John Fox and I worry somewhat about the direction of the team with him. I don't see the Bears improving their defense much and without Brandon Marshall or rookie Kevin White should keep Forte heavily involved with the offense that I see playing from behind a lot. Forte may not catch 100 again, but if he is healthy 70-80 seems possible, perhaps even likely.

2.17 49. Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB - I like the NFC Souths schedule this season. The only defense in the division that is any good in my opinion is Carolina, and Cam will not have to play against them. Losing Benjamin hurts his prospects a bit, but I expect Newton to perform better in 2015 than he did last year. Playoffs are possible because this division is wide open.

3.16 80. Smith, Steve BAL WR - This seemed perhaps a bit high to take him? But at pick 80 and so many picks between, I took Smith as the best WR still available. I have long been a fan of his game and I hope he goes out strong. I am not seeing much better options for Flacco than Smith. I consider the Ravens to be a favorite to win the AFC North.

4.17 113. Wright, Kendall TEN WR - I have been a fan of Wright since he came into the league. Drafted him quite a bit in 2013 when he was value but never landed him in 2014 when he was being drafted at around his value. After a poor 2014 I think Wright presents some nice value again. I consider him close to what Steve Smith will do in 2015 without the playoff potential.

5.16 144. Blue, Alfred HOU RB - Blue did alright last season in Fosters Absence. I consider him a more complete RB than any other RB on their roster. This is a poor offense with a very good defense. The Texans ran the ball over 500 times in 2014 and I expect that to be the goal again this season. How soon and how well Foster comes back, could really affect Blues opportunity. However I think Foster is on his last legs and Blue may still contribute even if/after he returns.

6.17 177. Rodgers, Richard GBP TE - I hate the Packers more than any other NFL team. But he was the best TE available. I think a lot of folks have slept on him and he could be a surprise to many this season. Some play off potential here as well although I am hoping the Vikings win the division.

7.16 208. Patriots, New England NEP Def - The Patriots are likely to make the playoffs again. I actually wanted to draft a kicker before a defense, but the top kickers were gone by this point so I opted for what I hope will be a top defense instead.

8.17 241. Gano, Graham CAR PK - Kicker for Carolina who has some playoff potential.

9.16 272. Gillmore, Crockett BAL TE - I honestly am not sure who Flaco will throw to besides Steve Smith and their RBs. He has shown a tendency to like targeting TE and made Dennis Pitta a top 12 TE before. Maxx Williams is also in the mix but Crockett has the advantage of more experience with the QB and the coaches.

10.17 305. Nicks, Hakeem TEN WR - Never been a fan of Nicks and there are young WR in DGB and Hunter who could take some of his opportunities. I was actually hoping Jarius Wright might slip to me here, but nope. Nicks did score over 100 points in this format last season with only 44 receptions.

How well do I think this team will do against the field? No idea really. This format is so wide open having healthy players who contribute something each week makes you a contender. My best pick here may be Richard Rodgers and I am not really very excited about that.
So this team is leading the pack after three weeks with one change being Aaron Dobson for Hakeem Nicks.

Did anyone pick up Nicks? Or is he out of the league still?

It does not look like the Ravens are going to be in the playoff hunt this year, so pretty limited playoff potential for this group.

Users who are viewing this thread