What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pre-season waiver and roster question (1 Viewer)

emerlin

Footballguy
So - this may be obvious but I wanted to ask. I assume any preseason waiver moves count against the total FAAB budget for the year?

Also - I assume this has been covered, but I cannot find it in the rules anywhere.... Coming out of the draft do you need to have a complete team i.e. no kicker? I assume if you are eligible the wavier process you could add a kicker before the season begins. What do the rules say about having a complete roster i.e. every position filled for regular in-season games. Could you go into week one with no kicker?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So - this may be obvious but I wanted to ask. I assume any preseason waiver moves count against the total FAAB budget for the year?

Also - I assume this has been covered, but I cannot find it in the rules anywhere.... Coming out of the draft do you need to have a complete team i.e. no kicker? I assume if you are eligible the wavier process you could add a kicker before the season begins. What do the rules say about having a complete roster i.e. every position filled for regular in-season games. Could you go into week one with no kicker?

Thanks
$1000 is the entire budget, for pre-season, in-season and post-season.

You must draft a K and D.

Thanks

So even if you draft before the Sept 4th waiver period you have to draft a kicker?

Also - can you tell me in the rules where it describes and illegal roster?

Are you saying the system forces you do draft a kicker?

Thanks

So even if you draft before the Sept 4th waiver period you have to draft a kicker?

Also - can you tell me in the rules where it describes and illegal roster?

Are you saying the system forces you do draft a kicker?
From the rules: http://footballguys.com/fpc_officialrules.php

Each owner is required to draft a starting lineup of 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-FLEX, 1-K, 1-D/ST. If you do not draft a Kicker or Defense on your team, FFPC commissioners may add a kicker or defense at their discretion after the draft to ensure a valid roster.

In both of my drafts the person running it has also issued a reminder regarding the complete team requirement. I didn't have a strong preference one way or another on this, but glad FFPC/FBG are making it very clear.

I see why their doing it. Essentially those earlier drafters could take an extra flier instead of a kicker and see how things shake out during the preseason.

I see why their doing it. Essentially those earlier drafters could take an extra flier instead of a kicker and see how things shake out during the preseason.
Correct. We didn't want the new pre-season waivers have this immediate effect in year one. But I don't necessarily believe it's a strategy that would hurt the contest as it would be available to all participants so I don't mind discussing it in the off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread