What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Punk Rock Album Ever? (1 Viewer)

So much about the original Wire album is almost self-referential within culture and music, you almost miss it.

Just hearing Mannequin, I get chills. It's like hearing all my favorite eighties bands try do to vocal choruses and harmony, and realizing they ####ed it up.

Mannequin

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

My vote is for X- Los Angeles.
Awesome album. I agree with you, tim, about its greatness.

I sort of started the thread as a rhetorical thing for when other threads go bad.

THREADS GONE BAD II.

eta* That should not diminish the Wire claim, though. That's legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Repeater solves the question of the post-'90s album, which is nice.

Raw Power over S/T for the Stooges, simply due to We Will Fall. It's clearly a strike against. Plus, the mix on Raw Power is legendarily revered, so i've heard.

Raw Power over S/T for the Stooges, simply due to We Will Fall. It's clearly a strike against. Plus, the mix on Raw Power is legendarily revered, so i've heard.
Who's ready for some blasphemy? In on the Kill Taker may be a better record than Repeater.

Who's ready for some blasphemy? In on the Kill Taker may be a better record than Repeater.
There is no blaspheming here. Who can blaspheme when it's all free and everything is up for grabs, anyway?

And, "In On..." is a favorite record of mine. Smallpox Champion. Who can't flip for that song? Just looking at the song list, I'm sorta salivating and remembering.

What makes it great? San Diego, beach, 1993, youth.

Users who are viewing this thread