What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Very Unique "Cutthroat" 12 Team Redraft League (1 Viewer)

tpflanz

Footballguy
Cutthroat League

Years ago, I had an idea for a league that's a little different. I called it a Cutthroat League. The idea behind the league is almost the exact opposite of normal leagues.

Winners and best teams are rewarded, losers and bad teams are penalized. A few examples:

• Draft - Lottery style round by round. More details to be announced, but it's great!
  • Claims priority - Highest scoring team each week gets the #1 priority each round
  • Each week, the highest scoring teams get to "steal" a player from the lowest scoring teams (1 with 12, 2 with 11, etc). Low scoring teams would get a player back, but high scoring team would get to protect x number of players (probably half of their roster)
  • If an owner hasn't logged into the website for a 24 hour period, their upcoming opponent can steal a player (or maybe they lose their team completely to another owner waiting in the wings)
  • Will be PPR league (probably 1/2 point)
  • Will be decimal scoring for yards

These are some of the rules I had in mind. I will finalize and outline the rules further, once we get closer to 12 interested owners (currently at 8).

The website will likely be myfantasyleague.com (but open to others can accommodate the unique rules). The draft date/time will be set after we get 12 owners. It will likely be at night, with a 10PMish eastern start time.

If you know of anyone interested in playing in this type of league (not a keeper), please share the details and introduce me. $20-$25 entry fee. Winner takes all.

I do imagine some owners will bail out midway through the season, because it will be a tough league and may bruise some egos... but it should be super fun to take a different approach to the game.

NEED ONE MORE OWNER

A few updates:

- Entry fee will be $25

- Draft time will be 10pm eastern (online). Draft day will be determined once we get the last owner.

- The rest of the rules will be finalized/announced once we have 12 interested owners

If you want to play, join the Facebook group, for discussion - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1048669325166696/

Need 1 more owner

​A FEW MORE CUTTHROAT DETAILS

* Draft is set for Monday, August 24th at 11pm eastern
* We will start THREE wide receivers
* We will start ONE flex player (any position except QB)
* Receptions will be scored as ONE full point
* We will have THIN rosters
* Passing touchdowns will be scored as SIX points
* Turnovers will be TWO points
More items
* THIN roster means - 10 starting players [QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST, Flex (any position except QB)], with a 5 player bench
* The league will have 12 teams
* Teams will be split up into 4 divisions of 3 teams
* The regular season will be 13 weeks long
* Teams will play their division opponents 3 times each, and the remaining schedule at random
* 6 teams will make the playoffs. 4 division winners and 2 wildcards
* Passing yards are .04 points per yards
* Rushing and receiving yards are .1 per yard

MORE TO COME SOON

If you want to play, join the Facebook group, for discussion - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1048669325166696/

DETERMINING THE CUTTHROAT DRAFT ORDER

Entry Fee - $25+ per team/per year. Due to the nature of this league, once an owner has paid the entry fee, they will not be given a refund under any circumstance. The only exception is if the league is cancelled. If the league is cancelled, all owners will be given a full refund.

Draft Order - The draft order will be determined by a round-by-round lottery. Each owner will receive one lottery ball per round.

Owners may purchase additional lottery balls. For each additional $1 entry fee paid by an owner, the owner will receive one additional lottery ball per round. Purchasing additional lottery balls is optional. The total entry fee per team is capped at $50 (26 lottery balls per round)

The commissioner will announce his buy-in previous to opening buy-ins up to the league. Individual buy-ins will not be announced until all 12 owners have paid their league fee.

After all 12 owners have paid their league fee, the draft order lottery will be conducted using Draft Lotto (http://draftlotto.com). The commissioner will live screencast the setup of the lottery settings via Google Hangouts, for any owners interested in viewing the setup. Lottery results will automatically be emailed to league owners by Draft Lotto. A mistake in settings will result in the lottery being re-done. A failure in live screencast will not result in the lottery being re-done.

STILL NEED ONE - If you want to play, join the Facebook group, for discussion - https://www.facebook...48669325166696/

The league is full and all paid up.

That said, I always love to find backup owners, in case someone bails out mid-season. If you would be interested in maybe taking over an abandoned team (for free, of course) let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread