What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robot kills man at Volkswagen plant (1 Viewer)

Does Obama have a plan here? Seems like he's too busy taking vacation to worry about the pending robot apocalypse.
"Trust me, I would be the best at handling a Robot takeover. I have a lot of terrific things in store for them. You will be thanking me, you really will" --Trump

Last edited by a moderator:
It was only a matter of time.

We took down one of theirs (hitchbot) and they take down one of ours.

When will all this ceaseless violence end?

It's amazing really. We take walking for granted. Nothing to it babies do it before they can speak it's so easy. And yet it is really so amazingly complex to set one foot in front of the other. The constant micro-adjustments to weight distribution you do without thinking have been a nightmare to copy for robots. The ability to adjust our center of balance on the move is billions of lines of software. And of course not just us. But everything that walks.

I know I'm rambling at this point but I'm going to roll with it. I saw this really interesting video piece with Neil DeGrasse Tyson where he talked about the very small difference between man and chimp but how huge that difference was. Essentially, as I am sure most of you know, there is roughly a one percent difference DNA wise between us and chimps. That one percent is the difference between being able to master some sign language and building the Pyramids. Now to get back in the neighborhood of the subject what happens when machines gain that one percent on us? When was the last time you stopped to ask a chimp it's opinion on anything?

It's amazing really. We take walking for granted. Nothing to it babies do it before they can speak it's so easy. And yet it is really so amazingly complex to set one foot in front of the other. The constant micro-adjustments to weight distribution you do without thinking have been a nightmare to copy for robots. The ability to adjust our center of balance on the move is billions of lines of software. And of course not just us. But everything that walks.

I know I'm rambling at this point but I'm going to roll with it. I saw this really interesting video piece with Neil DeGrasse Tyson where he talked about the very small difference between man and chimp but how huge that difference was. Essentially, as I am sure most of you know, there is roughly a one percent difference DNA wise between us and chimps. That one percent is the difference between being able to master some sign language and building the Pyramids. Now to get back in the neighborhood of the subject what happens when machines gain that one percent on us? When was the last time you stopped to ask a chimp it's opinion on anything?
We'll make better pets than chimps do.

Completely off topic, but one of the things that has always fascinated me is the ability to throw a ball up in sky, and be able to catch it without looking at your hands - i.e. your brain making the calculations to just know where your hand should be to catch the ball just by looking at the ball.

Completely off topic, but one of the things that has always fascinated me is the ability to throw a ball up in sky, and be able to catch it without looking at your hands - i.e. your brain making the calculations to just know where your hand should be to catch the ball just by looking at the ball.
Absolutely. We take these things for granted but trying to get a robot to do them really shows how complex they are.

NCCommish said:

Pretty sure I've inadvertently done that several times in these forums.

Users who are viewing this thread