What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kwon Alexander new MLB in Tampa (1 Viewer)

Maybe, but that a fourth rounder has a chance to start immediately at MLB open up a nice fantasy opportunity in my opinion

He most definitely is--reports that he's flying around all over the field making plays. And already being referred to as a building block of the defense with David and McCoy. If he's out there snatch him or trade for him before the masses catch on. Beat writers have been oozing praise on this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a strong possibility that he plays every down and we don't have to forget that we are talking about a guy that was flying under the radar till a couple of weeks ago.

His value of course depends from your league. In my 16 team 40 men roster dynasty league he's pure gold. In a 12 team redraft league he's probably just a guy

I hope this guy is the real deal. Took him in the last round (30) so he's there for depth. If it works out I'll owe you a beer.

But will he receive every-down duties? What about the idea of David hogging up the stats?
I think he's making a strong case to stay on the field all three downs and Carter looks like a worthless investment at this point.

So, David is David but on a team that looks to be on the field a lot defensively, there is room for FF gold. Kuechly/Davis--Willis/Bowman--Both those tandems supported both players very well when one team wasn't too good and the other was so I think it can work either way.

Have Kwon on speed dial. I just can't get away from his relatively lack of production at LSU - I need to see him for a full game, making plays, playing nickel downs, etc.

Looks like he could be a good one though.

I've read different things, including a possible 2-down role. But as others have pointed out, we're in wait-and-see mode now. If he plays all 3 downs, and performs, he could be an epic steal, particularly in dynasty leagues

How'd he look yesterday? He wore the radio so I assume he was a 3 downer? Also Danny L got hurt so not sure if that bumps his value more.

How'd he look yesterday? He wore the radio so I assume he was a 3 downer? Also Danny L got hurt so not sure if that bumps his value more.
He seemed more active that David for the parts of the game I saw.

I have David and am quite worried as he didn't seem to be his usual self. The poor tackle numbers also didn't help (although Alexander didn't have that many more tackles).

Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune reports Buccaneers MLB Kwon Alexander will face a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Which just pushes the suspension to weeks 13-16, ensuring he's gone for the entire FF playoffs. Has anyone ever successfully appealed a suspension under the PED policy?

So far, so good.

===========

Gary Davenport‏ @IDPSharks  1d1 day ago

More

Kwon Alexander with 5 TT (4 solo) on the Bengals' first drive. Primed for another monster #IDP season.

Anybody see the TB game?  How did he get hurt?  Same hammy he was nursing in preseason?  Love having this guy on my squad but leaving the first game of the season with this injury makes me nervous for the season. 

But on the positive side, the. Off season talk about his improved coverage skills might be valid.  Great pick yesterday.  

Anybody see the TB game?  How did he get hurt?  Same hammy he was nursing in preseason?  Love having this guy on my squad but leaving the first game of the season with this injury makes me nervous for the season. 

But on the positive side, the. Off season talk about his improved coverage skills might be valid.  Great pick yesterday.  
I was at the game, same hammy from preseason. Basically a cheerleader from the 2nd quarter on. On a positive note he didn't seem to be limping as he jogged in and out during timeouts inspiring his teammates.

Fin

He didn't practice Wednesday and I haven't seen reports for Thursday.  Hopefully he participates in full on Friday

He didn't practice Wednesday and I haven't seen reports for Thursday.  Hopefully he participates in full on Friday
He was a no-go on Thursday as well, I would think he's on the iffy side of questionable, but that's just my .02...........................

And David out for a month. Hope everyone was stashing Beckwith, he offered a lot of talent and now has a big opportunity ahead of him. 

Any hope for 4-5 tackles from Adarius Glanton? I'm getting crushed with injuries in a deep league and may need to pick him up and start him. 

For those who picked up Kendell Beckwith as a replacement for Kwon, I read somewhere yesterday that Alexander is eyeing a week 6 return. That's good news for Beckwith owners. 

Any thoughts as to what Kwon's return will eventually do to Beckwith's production? 

For those who picked up Kendell Beckwith as a replacement for Kwon, I read somewhere yesterday that Alexander is eyeing a week 6 return. That's good news for Beckwith owners. 

Any thoughts as to what Kwon's return will eventually do to Beckwith's production? 
Assuming Kwon is back to 100% then I would assume that Beckwith's production will take a drastic hit.  He may slide to David's spot if he is still injured and could put up similar diminished numbers to what David has done when Kwon is in the lineup. 

Any hope for 4-5 tackles from Adarius Glanton? I'm getting crushed with injuries in a deep league and may need to pick him up and start him. 
The Bears lose Trevathan to suspension (so maybe Timu) or the Bills lost Ramon Humber so Matt Milano,but Glanton seems would get tackles if he covers TE or WRs in slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
An owner in my league got impatient and cut Kwon. Stupid...especially considering we start 4 LB. The worst part is that I'm 12th in waiver priority, so there's no way I'll get him. Sucks. 

As for Kwon, I saw that he practiced today on a limited basis. All of us Beckwith owners are going to be really sad really soon. Lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread