What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I finally found something I'm great at: Cornhole (1 Viewer)

Willie Neslon

Footballguy
This past weekend was my second time playing the game cornhole. I had never heard of it before a few weeks ago. I have a friend who has championship beanbags and boards. I tried it out, just messing around for a few hours a couple weeks back and my friend remarked he thought I was a natural. He didn't believe I had never played before and had never even heard of it. So this past weekend he had a barbecue and there were teams of 2 playing all day. It was serious business. We got on the court around 1pm. Winner stays on the court. We didn't leave until about 6pm and that was voluntarily. At one point I made 14 cornhole's in a row and 26 of 28 cornholes. I missed the board around 1-2% of the time. Someone at the party who had played in some professional cornhole tournaments said he had never seen or heard anything like it. Of course nobody believed it was only my second time playing. There were many instances of the cornhole being blocked by stacked beanbags and I would just swish it directly into the hole.

The friend of the friend who played in the tournaments is going to email me some literature and I may play singles. He already has a doubles partner. If anyone is wondering about technique i hold the bag at the corner and throw underhand with the edges of the bag pointing to the ground. I throw right handed while hopping on my left leg upon release.

Does anyone else play and do you know about the professional tournaments?

I've thought about going pro a few times but I want to keep my amateur status as I'm hearing it might be an Olympic sport within the next two Summer games.

Six year FBG with near 3000 posts and never heard of cornhole? Unpossible.
I think the only time I saw it was on Hard Knocks with the Bengals but I didn't know what it was or what it was called. I just thought it was a kids game that Marvin Lewis happened to own.

how far apart were the boards. If they were the full 27 feet you need to get video of that and do a training video. I'm dubious.

. If anyone is wondering about technique i hold the bag at the corner and throw underhand with the edges of the bag pointing to the ground. I throw right handed while hopping on my left leg upon release.

First of all, thanks for this. We were all wondering. Also, which way do you dress? Does this have any impact on which leg you hop onto? TIA

. If anyone is wondering about technique i hold the bag at the corner and throw underhand with the edges of the bag pointing to the ground. I throw right handed while hopping on my left leg upon release.

First of all, thanks for this. We were all wondering. Also, which way do you dress? Does this have any impact on which leg you hop onto? TIA
It's funny, I hop on my left leg but my right hip ends up being sore the next day. I guess it is from pushing off.

It's funny, I hop on my left leg but my right hip ends up being sore the next day. I guess it is from pushing off.
time to hit the gym and work on those fast twitch muscle fibers. I suggest oly lift movements (clean, jerk, etc). you want to focus on moving your full body through a single plane explosively. when you're throwing a bag full of beans you really want to be controlling the movement through your hips. should be little to no arm action in there... maybe a slight jaunt from the elbow.

Don't forget to work on your core. Will help eliminate that soreness from your hip turn.

I know this for a fact. My Uncle Rico was a hula hoop national champ back in the 70's.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC

time to hit the gym and work on those fast twitch muscle fibers. I suggest oly lift movements (clean, jerk, etc). you want to focus on moving your full body through a single plane explosively. when you're throwing a bag full of beans you really want to be controlling the movement through your hips. should be little to no arm action in there... maybe a slight jaunt from the elbow.
Terrible advice. Any change in muscle mass or weight distibution might alter what is clearly the perfect cornhole toss.

Terrible advice. Any change in muscle mass or weight distibution might alter what is clearly the perfect cornhole toss.
you're talking to a 2X state champion, brother. how about a little respect?

you're talking to a 2X state champion, brother. how about a little respect?
Nice try. 6 time participation trophy recipient here. I know what Im talking about pal.

I just think it's cool that I get to tell everyone that I know this guy on the internet that's about to become a national cornhole champion.

ChiefD said:
I just think it's cool that I get to tell everyone that I know this guy on the internet that's about to become a national cornhole champion.
My friend sent me this video. This Bret Guy is #1 in the world and I feel like after watching the video I could at least give him a great game if not beat him. These guys have played much more than I have as well.

Willie Neslon said:
At one point I made 14 cornhole's in a row and 26 of 28 cornholes.
that's too bad... if you would have hit those other 2, the Galactic Cornhole Federation from Calphalon 7 would have beamed down to recruit you. that was the test, and you blew it. you're an embarrassment to Earth!!!

ChiefD said:
My friend sent me this video. This Bret Guy is #1 in the world and I feel like after watching the video I could at least give him a great game if not beat him. These guys have played much more than I have as well.
They've played more than twice? You must be joking...

Users who are viewing this thread