What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSOP ME 2016 (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
I think we have the Cav, there and the O, and the chet, and the kutta too. Might be a good year for FBG.

The WSOP Circuit ME will be on ESPN at 6 today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely going to pull the trigger. Lots can change in a year with family and finances, but this is my plan. Sounds like we would have an awesome crew, would be great to huddle up somewhere and drink some beers.

If I win our tournament series, I'll be there in 2016. Otherwise, I'm planning for 2017 - but could change my mind.

I'm going to try to get there. Problem is, I always fish alaska in July so it could be tight for scheduling.

June/July is literally the worst time of year for me to get to Vegas.

Going to make up for this soon.... Looking to go in December for UFC 194

That Max Steinberg dude is homosexual right?

June/July is literally the worst time of year for me to get to Vegas.

Going to make up for this soon.... Looking to go in December for UFC 194
That is an amazing card. You'll have a blast.
Uuugh.... Father in law died right after this post. Spent my UFC $$ on airfare and other things.

Now I'm ubering to a local bar to watch this. Doesn't matter, I'm still looking forward to this.

Likely going to pull the trigger. Lots can change in a year with family and finances, but this is my plan. Sounds like we would have an awesome crew, would be great to huddle up somewhere and drink some beers.
LOL... You say this every year.

It's actually a lot of fun railing someone you know there and having it done for you. Keeps ya focused.

I'll be in the Om8 for sure. And maybe one or two others around it. 3 cashes now....

It's actually a lot of fun railing someone you know there and having it done for you. Keeps ya focused.

I'll be in the Om8 for sure. And maybe one or two others around it. 3 cashes now....
I know. I keep getting owned by work and small children at home. :bag:

This is hopefully my year.

Otis said:
Getzlaf15 said:

I know. I keep getting owned by work and small children at home. :bag: This is hopefully my year.
This.I'd love to play a major poker tourney but I don't have the time anymore.

And I'm so out of practice I don't feel like I have the skills and intuition to win anymore.

At my poker peak 8 to ten years ago, yes I think I could've done well, but I'm so out of practice.

Do you guys actually still play frequently enough to be sharp?

Otis said:
Getzlaf15 said:

I know. I keep getting owned by work and small children at home. :bag: This is hopefully my year.

And I'm so out of practice I don't feel like I have the skills and intuition to win anymore.

At my poker peak 8 to ten years ago, yes I think I could've done well, but I'm so out of practice.

I find that whenever I take a break from poker and come back, usually my play is better, and then gradually declines after that. Srsly.

The truth is, so much of this is luck. You're going to try to get all the chips in with KK. If you run into AA, oh well, time to go home. To go anywhere in a tourney like that I feel like you need to catch some good cards and some good breaks, and obviously one bad break along the way can send you home.

In other words, skill matters to some degree, but I think a lot less than people believe. Any of us here is good enough to get lucky and run deep.

Otis said:
Getzlaf15 said:

I find that whenever I take a break from poker and come back, usually my play is better, and then gradually declines after that. Srsly.

The truth is, so much of this is luck. You're going to try to get all the chips in with KK. If you run into AA, oh well, time to go home. To go anywhere in a tourney like that I feel like you need to catch some good cards and some good breaks, and obviously one bad break along the way can send you home.

In other words, skill matters to some degree, but I think a lot less than people believe. Any of us here is good enough to get lucky and run deep.
I agree on the break thing. Happens to me also.

Huge luck in the Main IMO. It's all about staying in the tournament and laying down hands even if you think are winning instead of getting eliminated. You have to run good.

When I played this summer it was the first in-person tournament I had done in probably 6 months. Didn't feel it was a big hindrance getting back in the swing.

I'll do it again for sure next year if I cash my $20 ticket on the Bengals winning the Super Bowl at 50/1 :)

-QG

What has better odds?

Otis ever entering the main event

or

Tiger Woods winning another major

When I played this summer it was the first in-person tournament I had done in probably 6 months. Didn't feel it was a big hindrance getting back in the swing.

I'll do it again for sure next year if I cash my $20 ticket on the Bengals winning the Super Bowl at 50/1 :)

-QG
haha my first even ever was cashing in on the Ducks winning the cup 125 at 12-1.

Scheduled is out.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Looks like I will be there from the 6/6 to 6/12 because the HORSE, Razz and 8 game all run is a day in-between each.    ME doesn't start until the 9th, so it means I probably won't do it.   Hoping they had it over the 4th again.  :(

Bucket list item. But since online poker went away as I knew it, I hardly follow it anymore. Didn't even realize it was under way until I saw this post. :(

Can anyone tell me how many entered the Senior's $1k NLHE tourney? Now that I'm old enough, this may be my best chance. Avoid all the hyper-aggressive young 'uns. I tried looking, but it wants a login to see details.

I'll be out there 4th of July weekend and will be playing in the $888 event - 4 starting flights, $888,888 to the winner.

I'm playing the ME event next year.

Bucket list item. But since online poker went away as I knew it, I hardly follow it anymore. Didn't even realize it was under way until I saw this post. :(

Can anyone tell me how many entered the Senior's $1k NLHE tourney? Now that I'm old enough, this may be my best chance. Avoid all the hyper-aggressive young 'uns. I tried looking, but it wants a login to see details.
4,499, with 675 remaining after Day 1. $4.05 M prize pool.

I busted at start of level 5.  Went over and saw a friend playing at that time.  He had 400 chips.  He starts today with over 33,000

Congrats Zen, nice going. Had to be a heck of an experience.

How early is the schedule released each year? I already told the wife we will be in Vegas net year for this thing. Time to cross off that bucket list item. But I want to get rooms reserved and flights purchased as soon as possible.

How early is the schedule released each year? I already told the wife we will be in Vegas net year for this thing. Time to cross off that bucket list item. But I want to get rooms reserved and flights purchased as soon as possible.
End of February 

Looks like Jason Mercier is crushing the WSOP this year.

Cashed 10 events already, including two 1st's, one 2nd and one 8th.

========================================

Cool story in the Millionaire Make Event ($1500 NLHE).

A kindergarten teacher from Washington with 2 babies at home entered her first WSOP event ever and placed 3rd bringing home $500k.

From reading some tweets, it sounds like Chris Fergenson has finally made his return to live poker.  It does not sound like many people are happy as he refuses to admit he did anything wrong in the Full Tilt Scandal years ago.

Cav--I want to hear some details on the Hellmuth bust and other highlights.  Sounds awesome.

Looks like Jason Mercier is crushing the WSOP this year.

Cashed 10 events already, including two 1st's, one 2nd and one 8th.

Cool story in the Millionaire Make Event ($1500 NLHE).

A kindergarten teacher from Washington with 2 babies at home entered her first WSOP event ever and placed 3rd bringing home $500k.

From reading some tweets, it sounds like Chris Fergenson has finally made his return to live poker.  It does not sound like many people are happy as he refuses to admit he did anything wrong in the Full Tilt Scandal years ago.
Isn't this guy a friend of a FBG?

It helped that I had AA 4x in the first 4 levels. Busted QQ on one of them and managed to avoid going broke when I ran them against quads in level 2. 

It was an awesome experience and I'm thrilled that I cashed in the event. 

It helped that I had AA 4x in the first 4 levels. Busted QQ on one of them and managed to avoid going broke when I ran them against quads in level 2. 

It was an awesome experience and I'm thrilled that I cashed in the event. 
Seriously bro, I'm jealous. What happened to you is all I am looking for when I go there. Just to be able to say I cashed, I think it would be an awesome experience.

Does anyone else play the Senior NLHE tourney by chance? I plan to play that, and then one other $1.5k or $1k HE tourney.

Seriously bro, I'm jealous. What happened to you is all I am looking for when I go there. Just to be able to say I cashed, I think it would be an awesome experience.

Does anyone else play the Senior NLHE tourney by chance? I plan to play that, and then one other $1.5k or $1k HE tourney.
I play the seniors.

Mr. krista's GB just won his second bracelet and $900K today in a PLO tourney there.  He's having a great run and hopefully back to 2014 form where he ended up being runner-up in WSOP Player of the Year. :thumbup:  
BSH?   Think you were pulling for him before.

Okay, will try this one more time in a short version.   1500 RAZZ WSOP tourny.  Had the pleasure of Ken "TEACH" Aldridge to my right.  Played with him before in Cherokee, he is from NC and is just a really great person besides have a million stories and extremely fun to play with.  He always wears all yellow.   He was to my right and Ted Forrest was to his right.  Forrest was not at his best for being a former winner in the event.  I beat him in a big pot and teach finished him off a few hands later.  He busted 3 hours in.  I kept getting pocket aa, kk and rolled up for about 2 hours.   I hit my stride about 5 hours in and had about 22k from a 7500 starting stack.  Teach kept telling me great job and encouraging me, cant say enough of about how great of a guy he is.   Then it happens, I am cruising and they break my table.  Get moved to a really wild/aggressive table.  Almost a different game being played.  

You play 10 levels day one.    I am staying around 22k.   

Users who are viewing this thread