What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Documentary Now! On IFC... Do yourself a favor and watch this (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
One episode in and am loving it!

Anyone else watch?

Documentary Now! is an American mockumentary television series on IFC, created by and starring Saturday Night Live alumni Fred Armisen, Bill Hader and Seth Meyers. Wikipedia

They had a great segment on Howard Stern early last week. I have it on DVR, havent watched yet

First episode was great. I was looking ahead at the other episodes this season. I'm looking forward to the "Nanook of the North" spoof.

Didn't think the Sandy Passages or Dronez ones were that great. Some funny parts but a lot of flat spots.

The Eskimo one was hilarious though.

The Thin Blue Line one is fantastic. Not as laugh out loud funny as the Nanook of the North episode, but so well executed all around.

TITLE

SUBJECT PARODIED

AIR DATE

"The Bunker"[19]

The War Room

September 14, 2016

"Juan Likes Rice & Chicken"[20]

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

September 21, 2016

"Parker Gail's Location Is Everything"

Swimming to Cambodia

September 28, 2016

"Final Transmission"

Stop Making Sense

October 5, 2016

"Globesmen"

Salesman

October 12, 2016

"Mr. Runner Up: My Life as an Oscar Bridesmaid, Part 1"

The Kid Stays in the Picture

October 19, 2016

"Mr. Runner Up: My Life as an Oscar Bridesmaid, Part 2"

The Kid Stays in the Picture

October 26, 2016

grey gardens and nanook were completely spot-on, which made them hilarious. don't think I've seen all of them yet, but happy to hear there's a second season.

I saw the War Room recently for the first time, very well done, definitely topical with the looming election.

A Guide To Every Doc Mocked - Season 2

https://www.fastcocreate.com/3063619/a-guide-to-every-doc-mocked-in-bill-hader-fred-armisens-documentary-now-season-2

Also including Swimming To Cambodia (Spalding Gray), Stop Making Sense (another Jonathan Demme parody), Salesman (Maysles brothers, also did the classic Stones, Altamont, death of the '60s chronicle Gimme Shelter, Beatles Coming To America and of course Grey Gardens, which already got the treatment in season 1) and two others, with a two part finale.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the War Room recently for the first time, very well done, definitely topical with the looming election.

https://www.fastcocreate.com/3063619/a-guide-to-every-doc-mocked-in-bill-hader-fred-armisens-documentary-now-season-2

Also including Swimming To Cambodia (Spalding Gray), Stop Making Sense (another Jonathan Demme parody), Salesman (Maysles brothers, also did the classic Stones, Altamont, death of the '60s chronicle Gimme Shelter, Beatles Coming To America and of course Grey Gardens, which already got the treatment in season 1) and two others, with a two part finale.  
omg... love swimming to cambodia and spalding. looking forward to it.

Love this show.

Another fine mockumentary - Pulp Fiction "Dead Puppet Storage"

As much as I enjoyed season one, I think this season has been even better.  "Juan Likes Rice & Chicken" may have been the funniest episode so far.

Haven't seen the finale, but Globesman and Final Transmission (send ups and parodies of the Maysles Brothers Salesman and Jonathan Demme's Stop Making Sense on Talking Heads, respectively) were SPOT ON and pitch perfect. Hilarious. Fred Armisen plays guitar ala David Byrne, but he is a talented musician who filled the drum chair for fellow SNL alumnus Seth Meyers last month.

Just caught up to the most recent episode: “Waiting for the Artist.”   I’m not sure if it’s recency bias, but that may have been the best one that they have done yet.  Cate Blanchett is so freaking amazing in it.

The bucket series and “I am human” art pieces.   :lmao:

This show should be getting more love.

Just watched the season finale: “Any Given Saturday Afternoon” with the bowling doc parody. Great way to end the season.

The ALF thing with Michael C. Hall was totally random, but so funny. “I was never much of an ALF fan. I didn’t care for the way he treated his host family.”   :lmao:

This show should be getting more love.

Just watched the season finale: “Any Given Saturday Afternoon” with the bowling doc parody. Great way to end the season.

The ALF thing with Michael C. Hall was totally random, but so funny. “I was never much of an ALF fan. I didn’t care for the way he treated his host family.”   :lmao:
I didn't know a new season was out ...gotta get it back in my dvr queue.  

Love this show 
Seth Meyers is really the difference on that show. Just a natural gift and real understanding of parody and how to tell an extra story within one. I like em all and the performers are incredible, but every one that i wanna watch 14 times always has Meyers in the script credits and the "yeah, ok" ones dont

ETA: it's almost a shame that his leftomania is dragging his late nite show down. we could maybe be seeing a real sumn if he werent all up in Trumpness & showcasing wokes

Season Four premiere on October 19th. :excited:

Link

“Season four of the six-time Emmy-nominated series, the first since 2019, will consist of six new episodes parodying documentaries such as Burden of Dreams, Three Salons at the Seaside, The September Issue, When We Were Kings, Gleaners and I, Beaches of Agnes, My Octopus Teacher, and more, according to IFC.”

Users who are viewing this thread