What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What temperature do you order your steak? (1 Viewer)

Burger Temp

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Took a client to a nice steakhouse, guy ordered the tomahawk ribeye (this was the special of the evening, $110 steak), asks for it very well done - The waiter recommended against this, the client stayed with well. He enjoyed the steak, but it looked like burnt rubber to me.

Idk why, but this one is public.

If it is a good steakhouse, I go rare. If it is an Applebee's or some questionable place, I go medium rare.

Several years back, I humored my daughter & cooked her burger medium. She spent a week in the hospital with a nasty E-Coli infection. Since then all burgers are cooked to 165 degrees & we buy shares of beef so the burger meat is butchered, ground & flash frozen and comes from a single animal.

I like my steaks medium to medium well. I always order them medium well if Im out, though I prefer to grill them myself.

Took a client to a nice steakhouse, guy ordered the tomahawk ribeye (this was the special of the evening, $110 steak), asks for it very well done - The waiter recommended against this, the client stayed with well. He enjoyed the steak, but it looked like burnt rubber to me.

Ribeye is a horrible cut to order well done. Just get a plain ol sirloin if you want it well done. But hey, if he enjoyed it its all good. I know people who think I'm gross because I love scrapple, veal & several other "controversial" dishes. (No Haggis)

Every time I have been to Ruth Chris and ordered a medium steak it has been closer to medium rare. They err on the side of caution.

I always order medium that way even if they over cook it or under cook it, I can still tolerate it.

I don't want a purple, bloody mess or a dried out black thing

Medium rare for steaks. Any other way is un-American and violators should be deported.

Medium well for burgers because I don't trust the Americans who cook said burgers.

Every time I have been to Ruth Chris and ordered a medium steak it has been closer to medium rare. They err on the side of caution.
Every time I've ever been to Fleming's and ordered a medium-rare steak I've gotten medium. I guess they err on the side of cooking it over.

Rare or Medium Rare

Medium Rare or Medium for burgers

Anything else = GTFO

Last edited by a moderator:

Good lord!

Voted medium rare for steaks and medium for burgers. I grew up ordering steaks medium well as that was the way my parents ordered it. When first dating my wife she ordered a steak medium rare, I tried it and never went back.

But ... $110? Good lord!

Good lord!Voted medium rare for steaks and medium for burgers. I grew up ordering steaks medium well as that was the way my parents ordered it. When first dating my wife she ordered a steak medium rare, I tried it and never went back.

But ... $110? Good lord!
NYC prices.

Good lord!Voted medium rare for steaks and medium for burgers. I grew up ordering steaks medium well as that was the way my parents ordered it. When first dating my wife she ordered a steak medium rare, I tried it and never went back.

But ... $110? Good lord!
It has be either Kobe or Wagyu beef.

Medium rare for steaks. Always well done for any grounded meats.

You have to be a little more careful with grounded meats.

But ... $110? Good lord!
It has be either Kobe or Wagyu beef.
On the company, so I didn't care, kinda expect this from any and all clients, especially the guy who orders it well done.

Where's your receipt...I kind've liked that Schtick. Voted med rare for steaks and med for burgers.

I think medium rare for steaks and medium for burgers is the way to go. If I'm grilling at home, I shoot for the rarer side of medium rare.

I know I'm in the minority but i gotta have all my meat fully cooked, no pink. If done right that doesn't mean it has to be dry. I watch these cooking shows and they sear the outside and the inside is raw and dripping blood. ####### gross. :puke:

I know I'm in the minority but i gotta have all my meat fully cooked, no pink. If done right that doesn't mean it has to be dry. I watch these cooking shows and they sear the outside and the inside is raw and dripping blood. ####### gross. :puke:
I'd tell you how much wrong is in this post, but I believe deep down inside you already know.

Users who are viewing this thread