What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ? (2 Viewers)

I've been wondering if this dude might pass Knile on the depth chart.
Knile will keep his role as the thumper. West only plays if one of the other two go down. Or in blowouts/mop up duty. Talented though. Nice stash in deep leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
West has looked better than Knile so far. Knile can pass block pretty well so I think that's what will keep him ahead.

I thought West looked great. My first time seeing him play.

The Titans defense seemed inept and bad however. So not sure if that wasn't also a factor in his success.

He's looked excellent in every game this year.

He and Williams and Hammonds have been gems for DFS.

There's a clear line between Kniles and him. West doesn't roll with the starters and you can tell by the subbing he's not part of the elite club.

Kniles looks like a thumper next to speedy Charles but he's a complete back. He's probably better than West, most likely, he's just not running against 3s.

The announcers have talked about the Chiefs having to choose between Hammonds or Williams and Reaves or West.

Reaves is a thumper. Puts his head down and has no vision. That is a classic GL back. West has wayyyy more upside than him. Foolish choice if they don't keep West.

I don't care who they drafted at WR. Hammond and Williams run their routes to shake the DB, make nice plays, nice runs after the catch and that should be all that matters. They are (supposedly) about to keep potential over production and this from a team with a bad history of poor WR production. When Hammonds plays with the 1s, he does fine, same as with 2s and 3s. I figure he'll be the one kept.

Someone told a story how they couldn't pronounce charcandrick(sp?) and botched it and just eventually spit out "chugachugchug" and I enjoy that nickname for a RB. I hope it sticks.

The Cowboys should trade for West. There's probably other teams.

I'm gonna be bummed when some of these good backups sit behind studs and we barely see them

There's a clear line between Kniles and him. West doesn't roll with the starters and you can tell by the subbing he's not part of the elite club.

Kniles looks like a thumper next to speedy Charles but he's a complete back. He's probably better than West, most likely, he's just not running against 3s.

The announcers have talked about the Chiefs having to choose between Hammonds or Williams and Reaves or West.

Reaves is a thumper. Puts his head down and has no vision. That is a classic GL back. West has wayyyy more upside than him. Foolish choice if they don't keep West.

I don't care who they drafted at WR. Hammond and Williams run their routes to shake the DB, make nice plays, nice runs after the catch and that should be all that matters. They are (supposedly) about to keep potential over production and this from a team with a bad history of poor WR production. When Hammonds plays with the 1s, he does fine, same as with 2s and 3s. I figure he'll be the one kept.

Someone told a story how they couldn't pronounce charcandrick(sp?) and botched it and just eventually spit out "chugachugchug" and I enjoy that nickname for a RB. I hope it sticks.

I'm gonna be bummed when some of these good backups sit behind studs and we barely see them
West ran with the ones once Charles exited in preseason game number 3. Please keep it accurate.

West ran with the ones once Charles exited in preseason game number 3. Please keep it accurate.
No he didn't. He got a scattered group, some 1s but it was not the same group. Charles and Kniles played in the first and West didn't come in til the second Q.

No he didn't. He got a scattered group, some 1s but it was not the same group. Charles and Kniles played in the first and West didn't come in til the second Q.
Knile Davis had ZERO carries.

Smith, Maclin, Kelce aren't the ones???

1-10-KC 19 (14:43) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to J.Maclin to KC 30 for 11 yards (Z.Brown).

1-10-KC 30 (14:06) (No Huddle) C.West right tackle to KC 32 for 2 yards (A.Williamson).

2-8-KC 32 (13:29) (Shotgun) C.West right end pushed ob at KC 39 for 7 yards (J.Massaquoi).

3-1-KC 39 (12:52) C.West left tackle to KC 43 for 4 yards (J.Massaquoi).

1-10-KC 43 (12:10) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to T.Kelce to TEN 23 for 34 yards (K.Klug). Tennessee challenged the runner was in bounds ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands. (Timeout #1.)

I'm not going to go watch again maybe tomorrow, I hate re-watching the bad Titans games.

The Titans took their OLBs out and their NT hurt his foot or leg and I forget who the Chiefs switched.

Kniles having zero carries but going in well before West doesn't give West a leg up there.

This is too nitpicky

Through three games he's always came in third

I'm not going to go watch again maybe tomorrow, I hate re-watching the bad Titans games.

The Titans took their OLBs out and their NT hurt his foot or leg and I forget who the Chiefs switched.

Kniles having zero carries but going in well before West doesn't give West a leg up there.

This is too nitpicky

Through three games he's always came in third
I watched it. My point is, he came in and got a lot of reps with the first unit, against first unit defense. He looked good, and made a lot of positive plays. IMO he will pass Davis this season.

Rotoworld:

Charcandrick West suffered a concussion in Kansas City's third preseason game.

West is in the concussion protocol. His roster spot shouldn't be in danger despite the injury. West has just over two weeks to get cleared.

Source: Terez Paylor on Twitter

Great football name.

But seriously, he's a decent runner from what I've seen of him this pre-season. Like how decisive he is with his runs. I was high on Knile simply because his measurables are impressive but it seems like he lacks vision as a runner.

Kid looks totally legit in his limited time with the 1s and lots of time with the 2s. You can't argue it's a random anymore - he has done it in three games now, including against Seattle and Arizona. The coaching stuff seems to be noticing too - he was an afterthought against the Cardinals, then split time with Knile against Seattle and now featured heavily against the Titans. I wouldn't mortgage the house for him, but that's the type of preseason performance a savvy FF owner makes a mental note of. For sure, he hasn't passed Knile for the lead role if Charles goes down, but it's much closer than people think, especially for 2-down duty.

Kid is on my Waiver/FA speed dial, especially being a Charles owner. I haven't been too impressed with Knile to bother handcuffing him to Jamaal.

Kid is on my Waiver/FA speed dial, especially being a Charles owner. I haven't been too impressed with Knile to bother handcuffing him to Jamaal.
Never understood the manlove for Knife Davis.
Not saying Knile can't be displaced, but you should know he has talent.

Guy was the best RB in the SEC as a sophomore until injury cut him short. His first game starting for the Chiefs after Charles was injured he went 27/81/2 TDs, then the next year started the season off with 318 and 3 TDs over three games, with two back-to-back 100+ yarders. He's also been pretty effective as a kick returner.

West was Charles' reliever today instead of Knile - really happy with this development. Davis is the better athlete, but West is the better RB.

Wow, interesting. Looks like Davis has the edge in the 40 (4.37 vs. 4.46), and he does seem to play faster, which is what led me to say that. But I didn't realize West posted those kind of numbers - makes me feel better about him potentially taking over as the RB of the future.

The big discrepancy between West and Davis seems to be vision and decisiveness. West is great at finding the hole and turning bad blocking into some form of a gain. Knile seems very indecisive and gets happy feet often.

Is Charcandrick West the Chiefs No. 2 Running Back Ahead of Knile Davis?

At some point in the Kansas City Chiefs past two games you've probably caught yourself saying: Where is Knile Davis?He is listed as the Chiefs second running back on the depth chart but he has not recorded an offensive snap since Week 2. In these past two weeks it's been Charcandrick West with the second running back snaps.

Soo, is Charcandrick West now the No. 2 back?

I wondered if Davis was injured but he wasn't listed on the injury report and he was returning kicks. It doesn't appear to be an injury thing.

The Chiefs second running back doesn't play a whole lot anyway because Jamaal Charles is Jamaal Charles but it's a little surprising to me that Davis hasn't seen a snap, let alone a carry, in two weeks.

Davis has had his issues with pass protection before so I am guessing that's factoring in here. While Davis worked on his pass catching skills this offseason, it's possible the Chiefs think West is a better option on passing downs, not only for pass blocking but also for catching passes out of the backfield.

This is something to monitor in the coming weeks.

I'm gonna be salty and spread a little "hate" for a second.

I'm glad to see this happen because I like to see guys like West make it.

I'm glad to see this happen because I've thought a long time that Davis lacks true "rb instincts" and plays like a blind squirrel finding a nut.

I'm glad to see this happen (here comes the salty hate) because the dude in one of my leagues that has Davis gloated so much last year when he started him against me when Charles was out and then sent me a proposal this year trying to rape me in an offer, saying "you don't want that happening again..You NEED Davis."

So, to all the handcuff holders in the world that seriously overinflate the value of your two bit, situationally relevant players....put that in your pipe and smoke it.

bud29 said:
Is Charcandrick West the Chiefs No. 2 Running Back Ahead of Knile Davis?

At some point in the Kansas City Chiefs past two games you've probably caught yourself saying: Where is Knile Davis?

He is listed as the Chiefs second running back on the depth chart but he has not recorded an offensive snap since Week 2. In these past two weeks it's been Charcandrick West with the second running back snaps.

Soo, is Charcandrick West now the No. 2 back?

I wondered if Davis was injured but he wasn't listed on the injury report and he was returning kicks. It doesn't appear to be an injury thing.

The Chiefs second running back doesn't play a whole lot anyway because Jamaal Charles is Jamaal Charles but it's a little surprising to me that Davis hasn't seen a snap, let alone a carry, in two weeks.

Davis has had his issues with pass protection before so I am guessing that's factoring in here. While Davis worked on his pass catching skills this offseason, it's possible the Chiefs think West is a better option on passing downs, not only for pass blocking but also for catching passes out of the backfield.

This is something to monitor in the coming weeks.
Does this mean that Davis would be early down back and West would be the 3rd down back should Charles go down?

Kinda makes sense.

Does this mean that Davis would be early down back and West would be the 3rd down back should Charles go down?

Kinda makes sense.
Very possible. I'm still of the opinion that West is the better all-around RB, but should Charles go down I think we'll definitely see a committee approach.

Bumping for obvious reasons. Is this guy worth the #1 waiver priority or what percentage of free agent bucks are you plopping down for him?

Bumping for obvious reasons. Is this guy worth the #1 waiver priority or what percentage of free agent bucks are you plopping down for him?
Excellent young player. I don't think this means Davis doesn't play. Don't forget they also have McCluster II in WR DeAnthony Thomas.

They need Daniels and Hammond to play

I'd spend alot on West, fearing the RBBC but figuring it's worth the risk

I put Dunbar on IR and grabbed West off my watch list earlier this week.

Thanks for the heads up everybody in this thread who called him moving ahead of Davis early.

I'm anxious to see more of him and what happens with the roles between Davis and West going forward.

It's really too bad about Charles.

Can this kid catch passes? Will he be the three down back that Charles was?
Good pass catcher. I'm not sure he'll be a bell cow like Charles unless he lights is up - I imagine Knile gets SOME touches, not many though.

Excellent young player. I don't think this means Davis doesn't play. Don't forget they also have McCluster II in WR DeAnthony Thomas.They need Daniels and Hammond to play

I'd spend alot on West, fearing the RBBC but figuring it's worth the risk
Knile poses more of a risk than Thomas, as far as stealing carries goes. I can't remember the last time Thomas had a carry that wasn't a sweep or gadget play. He's definitely more of a WR (and is designated as such on the KC depth chart).I could get on board with playing Daniel to see if he can handle the starting job. Hammond? He's not awful, but I think our starting WRs are fine.

Good pass catcher. I'm not sure he'll be a bell cow like Charles unless he lights is up - I imagine Knile gets SOME touches, not many though.
Any reasoning behind this? Davis has seemed to look ok in relief before?

They just that big on West?
They're pretty high on West, and rightfully so IMO. As I've said before, Knile is a great athlete but not a great RB. West is good at playing RB - superior vision and decisiveness from what I've seen.

Any reasoning behind this? Davis has seemed to look ok in relief before?

They just that big on West?
They're pretty high on West, and rightfully so IMO. As I've said before, Knile is a great athlete but not a great RB. West is good at playing RB - superior vision and decisiveness from what I've seen.
:thumbup:

I could get on board with playing Daniel to see if he can handle the starting job. Hammond? He's not awful, but I think our starting WRs are fine.
That's the problem.

Wilson has 1 or 2 catches a game. This week Conley gets the nod and gets 1 catch.

Move onto 3rd WRs and it's no different.

Move onto 4th WR and Avant has a whopping 9 catches over 5 games which pathetically is better than all other WRs except Maclin.

Reid is going too much based on talent and potential and needs to shift toward results. Hammond Jr isn't as fast or as athletic as those ahead of him but knows how to get open and catches everything.

Every week Kelce or Maclin is smothered. One (or two) WRs producing would help tremendously.

Get another TE and put Kelce in the slot and put the leprechaun at receving TE.

Since only Charles catches passes, put Thomas as 3rd down back.

Something, anything, just as long as Reid reacts.

A guy like Hammonds Jr (or cut Fred Williams) could very likely light a fire under the other WRs. Let their egos say "I'm better than him" and prove it. One catch is garbage, geesh Tyrod Taylor did that.

i feel like the danny woodhead/ryan mathews split in SD would be a decent comp for west/davis here. would put davis clearly below mathews though, while west may have more upside than woodhead but is less of a sure thing at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread