Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ?

Take solace in the fact that the coaches we'll likely see this and cut West some slack on that fumble.

Also this..

Chiefs final HB snap count: Charcandrick West 43, Knile Davis 19(including all 5 snaps KC had after West fumbled)

Very helpful post. West dominated snaps, and had the ball punched out by his own freaking teammate. :lmao:

People saying "drop him" after one start is akin to week 1 over reactions.

I got Jarvis Landry for him.

I hope that is a full point PPR. It is a toss up who will have a higher YPR between West and Landry.

:lmao:

I hope that is a full point PPR. It is a toss up who will have a higher YPR between West and Landry.

Did you misread that? Otherwise, I don't see the humor. Landry still hovering at 10 ypr this year which is pitiful for a WR and he hasn't caught a TD yet. If he doesn't have that rushing TD yesterday, it's another terrible day for Landry unless you get points for catching the ball - that's why I said it better be full point PPR.

It was a fluky fumble, and he had the smarts to run into the end zone after thinking he wasn't down (too bad it wasn't a reviewable play).

It is hard to show what you got talent wise when you only get 9 carries.

And as for Charles not fumbling with the game on the line, he fumbled twice against Denver in week 2...the 2nd one with 21 seconds less to lose the game.

Bottom line...the Chiefs need to give West a chance!

KC offense was a disaster in the 1st half? like 50 total yards or so disaster right? will have to monitor practice reports and reid's comments.... i'd imagine he's going to say we need to get knile more involved or something to that effect if snap count was really 43-19 in favor of west.

KC offense was a disaster in the 1st half? like 50 total yards or so disaster right? will have to monitor practice reports and reid's comments.... i'd imagine he's going to say we need to get knile more involved or something to that effect if snap count was really 43-19 in favor of west.

He was particularly explosive with his 2.6 ypc yesterday.

Knile needs to stay warm out there and get continuous reps. He stated this last week. Coming in here and there and he's just not as effective. He's looked great in the past when given the chance to carry the full load. West should be nothing more than the change of pace guy regardless of whether he reminds Reid of Charles in some way (give us a break Andy). Pound the thing with Knile, target Kelce early and often and mix in Davis when Knile needs a blow. Stop overthinking it. That first half yesterday was an embarrassment.

I don't know what game you guys were watching. He looked like Adrian Peterson out there.

I was getting more of a Christine Michael vibe. Either way, HOFer.

I was assuming fred was making a joke based on Peterson's 2.3 ypc yesterday.

Correct. Brutal game to watch regarding the ground game. AP had one good run and not much else. Asiata almost looked better, but was just because the line happened to open things up on two plays. Guess West is a hold, wasn't planning on dropping just yet... But good to see the fumble was a fluke. I had missed it and just assumed it was on him. Just hope Reid picks one guy and gives him 20. That way I can either hold or cut and move on!

I was at the bar watching all the games, but from what I could tell, there was more Knile in the first half.

I don't know what game you guys were watching. He looked like Adrian Peterson out there.

I was getting more of a Christine Michael vibe. Either way, HOFer.

I was assuming fred was making a joke based on Peterson's 2.3 ypc yesterday.

He was too.

I hate to be the forum police but yall gotta stop pissing in the pool man. While I find the humor in it, as you can see here, some people don't get the sarcasm.

Pound the thing with Knile, target Kelce early and often and mix in Davis when Knile needs a blow. Stop overthinking it. That first half yesterday was an embarrassment.

He's so good there are two of him!

Did you misread that? Otherwise, I don't see the humor. Landry still hovering at 10 ypr this year which is pitiful for a WR and he hasn't caught a TD yet. If he doesn't have that rushing TD yesterday, it's another terrible day for Landry unless you get points for catching the ball - that's why I said it better be full point PPR.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Why else would I trade for him? How did Chaderickelle do yesterday in either ppr or regular rules? What's that? You are dropping him? Oh you don't say!!!!

Why else would I trade for him? How did Chaderickelle do yesterday in either ppr or regular rules? What's that? You are dropping him? Oh you don't say!!!!

No, I didn't say. Congrats on getting a scrub for an unknown. Maybe Parker will emerge by the time FF playoffs roll around and Landry's 4/40/0 stat line will drop to 3/30/0.

I'm not heavily invested in West (is anyone?!). I was just pointing out that West's ypr could rival Landry's paltry ypr. I guess you badly needed an excuse for some chest thumping if you are picking this. Sad for you.

No, I didn't say. Congrats on getting a scrub for an unknown. Maybe Parker will emerge by the time FF playoffs roll around and Landry's 4/40/0 stat line will drop to 3/30/0.

I'm not heavily invested in West (is anyone?!). I was just pointing out that West's ypr could rival Landry's paltry ypr. I guess you badly needed an excuse for some chest thumping if you are picking this. Sad for you.

Some people (not me) are heavily invested. Some blew all their FAAB $$$ on him, which suits me just fine :yes:

Dude...Landry is going to straight up explode sometime in the next weeks. I have no problem plugging in a guy who has a floor of 4 /40 plus gets punt return chances and gets designed running plays called for him every week. He is a great player to own because he doesn't screw you with a three or point week.

I think in the end, Chacandrick will just be really average, will split many of the opportunities for a team that is going nowhere. Not ever worth starting.

Reid liked the way running back Charcandrick West performed in his first start.

“It's too bad it ended the way it did,” he said. “There were some good performances in this game. There were some positive things in this game and they're going to get overlooked because we didn't win the game. But Charcandrick did some nice things. We had 24 plays in the first half, so he didn't get to show much there. I thought as things went on he did some nice things. Got a couple of good blitz pickups, he had a couple good runs, ran hard and aggressive. He has to hang onto the football. He learned a lesson, whether it's your own guy punching it out- not by purpose obviously- or somebody else hits it. It doesn't matter. You have to keep it high and tight."

Was anyone expecting him to be more than a spot start FLEX (maybe an RB2) play? I got him as a block and for insurance as a possible RB4. That said, he looked OK and when the game is in the Chiefs' favor, he could put up some numbers every now and again.

Was anyone expecting him to be more than a spot start FLEX (maybe an RB2) play? I got him as a block and for insurance as a possible RB4. That said, he looked OK and when the game is in the Chiefs' favor, he could put up some numbers every now and again.

I did.

I surely didn't expect it to be so lopsided in plays for Minny. 39:20 at half shocked me. So did the 10-0 score.

“It's too bad it ended the way it did,” he said. “There were some good performances in this game. There were some positive things in this game and they're going to get overlooked because we didn't win the game. But Charcandrick did some nice things. We had 24 plays in the first half, so he didn't get to show much there. I thought as things went on he did some nice things. Got a couple of good blitz pickups, he had a couple good runs, ran hard and aggressive. He has to hang onto the football. He learned a lesson, whether it's your own guy punching it out- not by purpose obviously- or somebody else hits it. It doesn't matter. You have to keep it high and tight."

This is pretty good news, especially the blitz pickup bit. Now all we need is Reid to get out of his own way and relinquish some play calling duties.

This is pretty good news, especially the blitz pickup bit. Now all we need is Reid to get out of his own way and relinquish some play calling duties.

Insert Chase Daniels. ;)

I picked him up to be a solid PPR RB2 in a couple leagues were my RBs are dreadful. He should be able to produce in that range, with low-end RB1 upside because of his pass catching.

• Like 1

It's too bad it ended the way it did, he said. There were some good performances in this game. There were some positive things in this game and they're going to get overlooked because we didn't win the game. But Charcandrick did some nice things. We had 24 plays in the first half, so he didn't get to show much there. I thought as things went on he did some nice things. Got a couple of good blitz pickups, he had a couple good runs, ran hard and aggressive. He has to hang onto the football. He learned a lesson, whether it's your own guy punching it out- not by purpose obviously- or somebody else hits it. It doesn't matter. You have to keep it high and tight."

Insert Chase Daniels. ;)

How many?

So now that the dud is out of the way, who's bailing...who's holding...who's buying...who's selling...???

Better days lie ahead.

Holding in the leagues I have him, buying low in the leagues I don't.

So now that the dud is out of the way, who's bailing...who's holding...who's buying...who's selling...???

Better days lie ahead.

Personally, I'm holding for another week or two, but that's in a deep league with nothing really on the waiver wire.

I agree better days are ahead. The snap counts are encouraging, as are Reid's comments, plus the fumble was flukey and the game was terrible. I might think differently if Davis had impressed but he didn't either. Plus, West flashed on more than one occasion in preseason, which may be dismissed by some, but it's not like he's just some no talent hack. I'm still quietly optimistic that he'll be useful for fantasy for the rest of the year as an RB2/flex type in PPR.

i feel like the danny woodhead/ryan mathews split in SD would be a decent comp for west/davis here. would put davis clearly below mathews though, while west may have more upside than woodhead but is less of a sure thing at this point.

Guys....this is a classic dumpster fire. Stay away at all costs!!! I think anyone who compares west to Woodhead is missing out on the fact that Phillip Rivers is the qb for San Diego, while KC has Alex Smith. There is actually a big difference between the two. KC is going down the tubes this year and will contend for the number one pick.

They have awful secondary problems, a bad O line, bad wrs, a crappy qb, and now this. Stay far away unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Getting far far away from this team as possible. Have no choice but to roster Maclin and now he is going to the concussion protocol. Will be dropping West and should have known that a game in Minny was going to be a bad thing. The reality hit home when they lost to Denver at home. It has been a steady decline. Frankly, justifying a roster spot for anyone on KC at this point means desperation.

Getting far far away from this team as possible. Have no choice but to roster Maclin and now he is going to the concussion protocol. Will be dropping West and should have known that a game in Minny was going to be a bad thing. The reality hit home when they lost to Denver at home. It has been a steady decline. Frankly, justifying a roster spot for anyone on KC at this point means desperation.

:unsure:

Maclin is on pace for about 100 catches and 1400 yards - hardly screams "desperation" to me. I'd say at least 50% of the pass plays Reid dials up are designed specifically for him. Watch Alex's eyes on the all-22, he hardly looks at anyone else.

Better days lie ahead.

I sold him and Vereen for Gio and Ajayi before the game.

i feel like the danny woodhead/ryan mathews split in SD would be a decent comp for west/davis here. would put davis clearly below mathews though, while west may have more upside than woodhead but is less of a sure thing at this point.

Guys....this is a classic dumpster fire. Stay away at all costs!!! I think anyone who compares west to Woodhead is missing out on the fact that Phillip Rivers is the qb for San Diego, while KC has Alex Smith. There is actually a big difference between the two. KC is going down the tubes this year and will contend for the number one pick.

They have awful secondary problems, a bad O line, bad wrs, a crappy qb, and now this. Stay far away unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Blah blah blah. C'mon dude. They aren't going to get 0 yards passing, 0 yards rushing ever. Somebody gets points on even the worst offenses.

Edited by cloppbeast

Who would you rather have, him or Rawls?

You want a guy who will get you 5 points every week? Get West. You want a guy who might do nothing until the end of the year and then rattle off a bunch of 15-point games? Get Rawls.

Well, I dropped a bunch of FAAB money on him. Didn't like the matchup last week and wasn't expecting much. I do think KC can run the ball and I want to be invested in that running game. Saw nothing from Davis that makes me think West won't be the guy. Granted, you can't put the ball on the ground. If he does it again all bets are off. I'm not desperate for RB's, can have him on the bench for multiple weeks, but I still think he'll be the #1 there and be productive. We'll see.

• Like 3

:unsure:

Maclin is on pace for about 100 catches and 1400 yards - hardly screams "desperation" to me. I'd say at least 50% of the pass plays Reid dials up are designed specifically for him. Watch Alex's eyes on the all-22, he hardly looks at anyone else.

Cannot trust the concussion protocol. Love his potential as a healthy start and this type of play can open up the running game for West and Davis but for fantasy purposes KC is entrenched in a RBBC with an average QB. They will have more misses than hits.

I'm benching this week but holding long-term. I still think this guy has value. I don't expect him to do a ton this week, as the Steelers are surprisingly #7 in the NFL in rush yards allowed per game, and have allowed only 1 rushing TD in 6 games so far while forcing 6 fumbles. I don't see this being a banner week for him. However, I don't think the word is out yet that the PIT defense is pretty stout against the run, the D-line has been VERY impressive thus far, their weakness is in the secondary. Teams that can throw 30-40 times without turning the ball over are matchup nightmares for this defense, and of any team in the NFL, I don't think KC qualifies. I don't see the Chiefs putting up more than 13-17 points max, and that should limit Charcandrick's scoring opportunities. However, the layman is going to see a subpar showing as CW "taking another dump against an average to below average D" and give up on him. That's when you pounce. I think there are a couple of very nice games out there for this kid before season's end.

• Like 1

from today's presser

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/Reid-Discusses-Chiefs-Injuries/abf14a8c-d600-4c57-941f-609abe440fa4

skip to 4:42 mark, reporter basically asks Reid "knile had productive games yardage-wise last year, why isnt he playing?". Reid responds "the things we are doing right now charcandrick is a better fit, knile will work in". I wonder if the same snap count split (basically 2 to 1 in west's favor) will be in effect this week?

Edited by iamkoza

Rotoworld:

Charcandrick West rushed for 110 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries and caught 2-of-5 targets for 19 yards in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Steelers.

West broke a 36-yard run and otherwise grinded between the tackles, dominating the workload over Knile Davis and Spencer Ware. Ware, in fact, played ahead of the more ballyhooed Davis in this game, with Davis rushing just once for two yards. The Chiefs are committed to West as a lead back and he rewarded them for it on Sunday by keeping the chains moving. West will be a low-end RB2/high-end flex play when Kansas City faces the Lions in Week 8.
Oct 25 - 4:02 PM

Droppable!

Oooops

• Like 1