Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports X-rays were negative on Spencer Ware's injured ribs, but he's "bruised, swollen, and in pain."

Ware took a shot to the ribs on his seventh carry in Sunday's win over the Chargers. He returned to the game for one more carry, but had to bow out again. It sounds like Ware may be truly questionable for Week 15 against the Ravens, which would be great news for Charcandrick West owner

Too bad KC plays BAL.

So what. Rawles had 44 on 6 carries. He will get his by volume alone.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports X-rays were negative on Spencer Ware's injured ribs, but he's "bruised, swollen, and in pain."

Ware took a shot to the ribs on his seventh carry in Sunday's win over the Chargers. He returned to the game for one more carry, but had to bow out again. It sounds like Ware may be truly questionable for Week 15 against the Ravens, which would be great news for Charcandrick West owner

Too bad KC plays BAL.

So what. Rawles had 44 on 6 carries. He will get his by volume alone.

I'd almost certainly start West if Ware sat regardless but I also obviously wish he had a better match-up for the playoffs.

Can't believe anyone is voluntarily starting either of these guys... writing on the wall for a shared load has been pretty clear since West's return.

Now if you don't have any other options, it's understandable, and my condolences. :(

So if Kelce doesn't get called for a OPI and West goes for 117 and a TD are you still saying that?

3:58) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 35-C.West for 63 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on KC-87-T.Kelce, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at KC 37 - No Play.

If my aunt had a rooster she'd be my uncle. :lol: Let's put away our magical "What if" glasses and put it this way...

Did you have the confidence to voluntarily start him last week? Do you have the confidence to voluntarily start him this week?

I didn't think so.

I started West in week 14, and I will again in week 15.

Hindsight is easy, but I don't share your opinion on this one.

It's not hindsight when since he came back I (and many others here) have been saying theyre not worth a start until one of them is hurt.

And you can not share our opinion on this, but we've been right.... He's put up RB3 or RB4 numbers since coming back. IF You're winning, it's in spite of him.... And you're nuts for putting him out there.

Now, if Ware is out, then common sense dictates west is startable again.

Edited by [icon]

Can't believe anyone is voluntarily starting either of these guys... writing on the wall for a shared load has been pretty clear since West's return.

Now if you don't have any other options, it's understandable, and my condolences. :(

So if Kelce doesn't get called for a OPI and West goes for 117 and a TD are you still saying that?

3:58) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 35-C.West for 63 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on KC-87-T.Kelce, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at KC 37 - No Play.

If my aunt had a rooster she'd be my uncle. :lol: Let's put away our magical "What if" glasses and put it this way...

Did you have the confidence to voluntarily start him last week? Do you have the confidence to voluntarily start him this week?

I didn't think so.

I started West in week 14, and I will again in week 15.

Hindsight is easy, but I don't share your opinion on this one.

It's not hindsight when since he came back I (and many others here) have been saying theyre not worth a start until one of them is hurt.

And you can not share our opinion on this, but we've been right.... He's put up RB3 or RB4 numbers since coming back. IF You're winning, it's in spite of him.... And you're nuts for putting him out there.

Now, if Ware is out, then common sense dictates west is startable again.

i don't want to, but I have to agree. I won in spite of him last week. He has become a slightly more reliable Duke Johnson since his return. Ware/West just cannibalize each other too much. Even though West doubled Ware's snap count (36 - 16), the 10 resulting carries is not enough of a workload for me to gamble on him. I'm hopeful that Ware's ribs are too sore for him this week and it's an easy decision then. But unless I can be sure that West is going to get close to 20 touches, I'm reluctantly going to play either Shoelace this week or maybe even Bryce Brown depending on word out of Seattle later this week.

I'm not a Dr, and I don't want to jinx this but....

Wouldn't playing RB be about the worst position for someone with bruised, swollen and sore ribs? If you've ever hurt a rib, you know it hurts to sneeze, much less take repeated hits from a 250lb NFL linebacker.

Wouldn't playing RB be about the worst position for someone with bruised, swollen and sore ribs? If you've ever hurt a rib, you know it hurts to sneeze, much less take repeated hits from a 250lb NFL linebacker.

I think Ware should rest til week 17 so he can be healthy for the playoffs ;)

• Like 1

It seemed to ruin Trent Richardson's career. He played through it but he didn't play well and the coach had nothing else so just kept feeding him the ball and the subsequent hits. Richardson had to sleep sitting up because of the injury and likely didn't sleep well.

He actually looked fairly decent before he went through that.

It seemed to ruin Trent Richardson's career. He played through it but he didn't play well and the coach had nothing else so just kept feeding him the ball and the subsequent hits. Richardson had to sleep sitting up because of the injury and likely didn't sleep well.

Richardson had broken ribs. Big difference

Richardson had broken ribs. Big difference

Yeah I didn't mean to say the injuries were the same or to compare them. Kitrick Taylors post just reminded me of that happening with Richardson is all.

If Ware does not play, is West a must start? Ravens run defense is nothing to sneeze at, but how do they do against a pass catching back with like West?

If Ware does not play, is West a must start? Ravens run defense is nothing to sneeze at, but how do they do against a pass catching back with like West?

He certainly took apart a much tougher Broncos defense; however, fresher legs at that time and 100% healthy... neither of which likely apply heading into this weekend. I think I am sitting him for Denard Robinson if Yeldon is declared out.

He certainly took apart a much tougher Broncos defense; however, fresher legs at that time and 100% healthy... neither of which likely apply heading into this weekend. I think I am sitting him for Denard Robinson if Yeldon is declared out.

That's my exact situation too. Pretty torn...

That's my exact situation too. Pretty torn...

I'm only torn if there's a chance Yeldon plays. If he is OUT for certain, Robinson goes in (for the same reasons listed for Charc... 100% healthy, fresh legs, AND a great match-up). :yes:

I'm contemplating this very thing. I've got Jeremy Hill and Shoelace as options.

If Ware is out, West is very likely to get at least 18 touches. Its difficult to get a read on the Ravens run defense at this point however. Rawls started the game 6/44 before getting hurt. DuJuan Harris got cut by Seattle after going 18/46. The week before Lamar Miller touched them up for 20/113. They played Cleveland the week before that, and Duke and Crowell went nowhere. Anything before that is largely irrelevant because they had Flacco at QB.

The Chiefs as of late are really playing a slow paced game. They ran 50 offensive plays vs the Chargers last week, and 48 the week before vs the Raiders. You have to be very efficient if you are only running that many plays. One very important thing to remember however, is before last weeks 10 point effort, the Chiefs averaged 34 points per game over their previous 5. This is a productive offense that likes to give the ball to its RBs 20-30 times a game.

Here's the combined RB breakdown since week 8.

West and Ware vs DET: 22/109/2 4/25

West and Ware vs DEN: 27/73/1 3/92/1

West and Ware vs SD: 22/112/2 3/53/0

Ware vs BUF: 19/114/1 (Davis 1/1/0)

West and Ware vs 16/61/1 4/8/0

West and Ware vs SD: 18/106/0

Playing against the Ravens will be a game where the Chiefs will just want to run the clock, get the win, and move on.

It's not a game where they'll be having to pass to come back at any point. Not to mention, with a few interceptions, which could and should happen, it will give the Chiefs a few more possessions, and even chances to score.

If West starts and gets most of the opportunities to run the ball.....I think he's good for at least 90 yards and a TD....and I'll take that right now with the state of my running back group. I just hope Ware does not play.

Chiefs RBs are good for 114/1 this year on average. (pretending that the in-game injuries didn't happen AND that you could combine the stats of West and Ware the last couple weeks). I know that's a bit of a stretch, but if Ware doesn't play this week, West should dominate the touches.

-I didn't include the few touches that went to Knile Davis this year nor the few touches that West got before Charles got hurt, nor the few touches that went to Ware before West got hurt. (i.e. this is what you'd get if you were able to always be getting the yards and TDs from the lead KC RB). 1485 yards from scrimmage and 13 TDs. As a point of reference, Adrian Peterson has 1457 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs.

Gotta choose between him and John brown...

I am in the exact same predicament ... I can see west going for 100 / 1 if Ware is out, but I can see Brown catching 3 passes for 140 / 2 against the deep ball prone Eagles defense.

I am an Eagles homer and I might just bench Brown and take my lumps if Ware is out ...

I've got to choose between West and Hightower at RB2 and then RCobb at flex....right now I'm going with West and Cobb assuming Ware is out. if Ware is in I probably go Hightower and Cobb.

Guys if Ware doesn't start West is borderline elite top6 material in PPR. What else is there to contemplate here? Could he have a bad game? Sure, but so could AP in a tough matchup. Think about what is most likely to happen, 100 yards and a TD and it goes up from there. He should put up a high floor and a high ceiling with Ware out.

Guys if Ware doesn't start West is borderline elite top6 material in PPR. What else is there to contemplate here? Could he have a bad game? Sure, but so could AP in a tough matchup. Think about what is most likely to happen, 100 yards and a TD and it goes up from there. He should put up a high floor and a high ceiling with Ware out.

& Non-PPR?

& Non-PPR?

Well you would have to consider the alternatives. He would still likely get 100 total yards and a 50/50 shot at a touchdown. With so much uncertainty at RB position at this point in the year that will likely be at least an RB2 with upside.

& Non-PPR?

Well you would have to consider the alternatives. He would still likely get 100 total yards and a 50/50 shot at a touchdown. With so much uncertainty at RB position at this point in the year that will likely be at least an RB2 with upside.

I agree. If Wares out, he's a must start unless somehow you've avoided the 2015 RB plague. Without Ware he'll get 18-20 touches.

Any updates on Ware's status?

I haven't been able to find much about it at all this week thus far.

Bummer for West owners:

Spencer Ware (ribs) returned to practice on Friday.

Ware suffered bruised ribs in last week's win over San Diego. Ware's return to practice would suggest he's on track to play Sunday against Baltimore. If he does suit up, Ware will be in a timeshare with Charcandrick West with West getting most of the early-down looks and Ware figuring to get first crack at goal-line carries. West would be an every-down back and a surefire RB1 if Ware is ruled out for Sunday.

Anyone have the number for either Tonya Harding or Jeff Gillooly?

I think both are out of jail now. Google is your friend to track them down.

With ware practicing, I do not know what to do now with West

Im stuck with him either way. Would rather take a chance on west over Hillman.....

Uggh I'm gonna have to start McFadden against the Jets now....and even worse they play Saturday night.

I would like to know how much Ware practiced. Was he just part of a walk through to make Baltimore watch more film on him.

At least the good thing is that the KC/Balt game is one of the early games - so you can make a quick lineup swap.

That is, unless you have to decide among Ware/West and McFadden or Ivory tomorrow night.

Edited by zamboni

I would like to know how much Ware practiced. Was he just part of a walk through to make Baltimore watch more film on him.

At least the good thing is that the KC/Balt game is one of the early games - so you can make a quick lineup swap.

That is, unless you have to decide among Ware/West and McFadden or Ivory tomorrow night.

True.. if Ware plays I will go with Landry or Tate ..all I got left

The mood from beat writes is that Ware is still far from a sure bet to go this week. From what I gather he was most likely limited today.

Even if Ware plays I'm not sure he's going to see that much work. I still think West sees 15-20 touches this week regardless.

Going to be last minute! Benched Evans for West, but may have to inject D Robinson at the last minute.

Benched Evans from my flex...now have to start 2 of West, Allen, Bryce Brown, McFadden, Fozzy, or Martavis.

Just didnt trust Evans again...

Will still roll with West...think he is still a better option that the rest of those guys.

Between Allen and McFadden I think at flex...maybe Brown if I get a feel that Cmike will have no effect on his touches.

The mood from beat writes is that Ware is still far from a sure bet to go this week. From what I gather he was most likely limited today.

Even if Ware plays I'm not sure he's going to see that much work. I still think West sees 15-20 touches this week regardless.

This is how i feel too. If Ware is active, i don't think he touches the ball enough to bench west.

West's style is a better fit vs. the Ravens anyway. Think the game plan is more suited to him even with Ware available.

Edited by Judge Smails

Mort just said if Ware is active, they're going to try not to play him.

Which makes absolutely zero sense.

Ware's injury seems to be one of pain tolerance. Maybe they want him available in the event West gets hurt.

Edited by simey