What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ? (1 Viewer)

Got him for $27 of $150 FAAB. :thumbup:

Also got Freeman for $26 back on 9/30 to join ADP and Tay Train :thumbup:

No idea why this league is so shy with thier FAAB dollars. Crazy. Earlier in the year, Melvin Gordon went for 44 and James Jones went for $51...
Maybe it is a public league that people just used for a mock draft. 18% doesn't win him in any 12 team league where people are paying attention.
Four individual 10T "divisions" with $350 entry and $10 FA moves... total prize pool is usually $20-25k.
LOOK AT MY LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

No idea why this league is so shy with thier FAAB dollars. Crazy. Earlier in the year, Melvin Gordon went for 44 and James Jones went for $51...
Maybe it is a public league that people just used for a mock draft. 18% doesn't win him in any 12 team league where people are paying attention.
Four individual 10T "divisions" with $350 entry and $10 FA moves... total prize pool is usually $20-25k.
I think this should be Icon's theme song.

I think this should be Icon's theme song.
Not that it matters but here ya go (baseline FA pool dollars included). Don't be so butthurt Flap and I are killing ya in TimLeeg :D

Anyways... going to start West (over Murray) alongside Foster in another league where I lost Charles. Benching him in favor of ADP/Freeman in the league above. Cautiously optimistic for this weekend for West.

:lmao:

Davis will split with West and it won't be worth the FAAB people spent, lol one of my leagues some clown spent 65%
The butthurt is strong with this one.

There have been several articles posted which nicely outline just how awful Davis has been from an aggregate standpoint. He'll only split time evenly with West if West decides to suddenly also become horrible.

It certainly may not work out for West, but I tend to take note when a UDFA moves up the depth chart as quickly as he has. As a UDFA he not only gets zero slack, he likely has to outshine the more pedigreed players on the roster substantially to earn his reps.

Practice squad to #2 RB in a season and a quarter is pretty impressive for a UDFA.

Ok, serious question. I keep seeing people say RBBC, neither guy will be useful, hot hand, blah blah blah. Has Reid ever used a RBBC or "hot hand" style with his RBs? I was under the impression that he does not. Granted with guys like JC, Shady and Westbrook, it's understandable. What has he done in the past with JC injury? All Davis? Someone mentioned Battle... Was there a RBBC? Don't remember McCoy's injury history in philly. Westbrook was constant last minute drill, but I seem to remember it being just one backup behind him.

My point/question is this should end up being West or Davis. One of these guys will have low RB2 value the other will be droppable or handcuff. Or do I have it wrong?

Went all in on West. Play the JC owner this week and another team already owned Davis. At 5-0 it seemed like a decent gamble. (FA and 0 bid system)

the first guy reid and other coaches i've seen talk mention is knile then west... i wonder if we are going to see usage similar to what the chargers have been doing with gordon/woodhead (gordon early down running work, woodhead passing work)

Well, I went 60% FAAB money and the Charles owner was PISSED. Had to got that high to get him. We'll see. Week 6, I'm 2-3, have to go 5-3 minimum the rest of the way to make the playoffs - time to make a move. Hope it pans out for my team or strengthens in trades. Now, if Michael also comes alive.....

Ok, serious question. I keep seeing people say RBBC, neither guy will be useful, hot hand, blah blah blah. Has Reid ever used a RBBC or "hot hand" style with his RBs? I was under the impression that he does not.
It's happened. In 2003 the Eagles had a 3 headed monster with Duce Staley, Buckhalter, and Westbrook. In 2005 Westbrook got hurt and Buckhalter too, and the next guy up was Ryan Moats who was a raw rookie with no experience pass protecting, so they gave him 10 carries and ham-and-egger Reno Mahe came in on passing downs. Other times by necessity when Westbrook was gimpy. I don't recall really a hot hand approach though. He trusts his game plan.

I feel like while everyone speculates RBBC, West will dominate snaps due to the typical KC gameplan. Smith throws today his RBs a ton.

Ok, serious question. I keep seeing people say RBBC, neither guy will be useful, hot hand, blah blah blah. Has Reid ever used a RBBC or "hot hand" style with his RBs? I was under the impression that he does not. Granted with guys like JC, Shady and Westbrook, it's understandable. What has he done in the past with JC injury? All Davis? Someone mentioned Battle... Was there a RBBC? Don't remember McCoy's injury history in philly. Westbrook was constant last minute drill, but I seem to remember it being just one backup behind him.

My point/question is this should end up being West or Davis. One of these guys will have low RB2 value the other will be droppable or handcuff. Or do I have it wrong?

Went all in on West. Play the JC owner this week and another team already owned Davis. At 5-0 it seemed like a decent gamble. (FA and 0 bid system)
When he has the guy he likes, he will make him the workhorse, but if he doesn't, then he is not going to force a lead back. See below.

1999 - Staley was the lead back

2000 - Run Game was a total hodgepodge of nonsense and McNabb was the leading rusher.

2001 - Staley/Buckhalter had almost an even split

2002 - Staley was the clear lead back

2003 - Staley/Buckhalter/Westbrook close to even split

2004 - Westbrook/Levens about a 65-35 split

2005 - Westbrook pretty clearly the lead back

2006 - Westbrook lead back

2007 - Westbrook lead back

2008 - Westbrook lead back

2009 - McCoy lead back

2010 - McCoy lead back

2011 - McCoy lead back

2012 - McCoy lead back

Great, thanks for that. So my gut feeling was sort of right. When he has a guy he likes, he rolls with him. Problem of course is both Davis and West are guys he has picked. On the plus, West has moved from UDFA to #2 on the depth chart, so he most have impressed in some way. So it seems like it's his job IF he can hold unto it. Just a matter of beating on him failing or succeeding IMHO. Gut says a guy that has put in the work to go from UDFA to impressing enough to make the team and climb the chart isn't gonna flub it now.

I haven't seen any postings on practice reports. Is there any information on who has been taking snaps with the No. 1's at practice this week?

FWIW I was just listening to Adrian Peterson interview where he talks a lot about Charles and how he wants to work out with Jamal Charles in the upcoming offseason and wishing Charles a full recovery.

He also says some good things about West Charles. That some of Wests cuts impress him. He saw some things that make Peterson want to step up his game. He says nothing about Davis.

The Vikings are playing the Chiefs on Sunday is why he is talking about their RBs.

Edit - I saw the transcript of what Peterson said and he was still talking about Charles not West in regards to the cuts that impress him. I thought the conversation had shifted to West but he was still talking about Charles at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since West got the work when Charles went down it seems logical that West is the guy to own. Unfortunately, I could not get West so I took Davis just in case this is a 50/50 RBBC. Neither are going to replace the numbers I was getting from Charles anyway.

Great discussion in here. As a long time Eagles fan, I'll just chime in and reiterate what others have said. For Reid, having an RB who can pass protect and catch the ball is of the utmost importance. He will take his West Coast Offense short passing game to his grave. I don't know which back is better suited for that, but if anyone has a guess, please let me know. Of course Reid's philosophy suits Alex Smith's skill set to a T.

On the 13th, Andy Reid said this....... "Charcandrick West has a more similar skill set to Jamaal Charles than Knile Davis."

I know there are a few clinging on to the belief that Knile Davis is the one to own here, (and I understand that from past performances when Charles was injured) but the above comments are all I needed to hear.

I'm rolling him out in 2 spots this week, one is out of sheer necessity and the other I believe he has a better "floor" option. (I'm starting him over Ellington,Hillman and Rawls) 2 others are on bye, which is why I'm leaning that way.

Anyway, the point is, how can you ignore the comments from Reid himself?

Even if its a bit of a timeshare, you have to think that its going to sway in West's favor, at least in the short term or until he proves he may not be what they want.

Knile Davis is probably a good acquisition until we find out exactly how it pans out.

But if you can get only one to take a chance on decent output, anyone that passed on West and took Knile Davis instead is probably making a mistake.

In 2-3 weeks it may be completely different, (thats fantasy) but at this point its obvious in my opinion West is the one to have, if there was a choice.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, serious question. I keep seeing people say RBBC, neither guy will be useful, hot hand, blah blah blah. Has Reid ever used a RBBC or "hot hand" style with his RBs? I was under the impression that he does not.
It's happened. In 2003 the Eagles had a 3 headed monster with Duce Staley, Buckhalter, and Westbrook. In 2005 Westbrook got hurt and Buckhalter too, and the next guy up was Ryan Moats who was a raw rookie with no experience pass protecting, so they gave him 10 carries and ham-and-egger Reno Mahe came in on passing downs. Other times by necessity when Westbrook was gimpy. I don't recall really a hot hand approach though. He trusts his game plan.
how could anyone forget Reno Mahe?

The previous Eagles- young Westbrook was in the dog house or injured. A constant fantasy bust til like year 4 or 5..

Duce was very well rounded, solid player but unspectacular.

Buckhalter was a bruiser, not so big but had some fullback to his style.

Buck wasn't getting many passes and Duce wasn't getting many tough runs.

It wasn't like the Chiefs now with two well-rounded backs

That was a long time ago, I'm sure Reid has changed some.

I'm anxiously waiting for Daniel to pep up this offense

The reason I got rid of him once I picked him up is that I do not think there is any way he can be as good as Charles. Jamal Charles is one of the best rbs in the league!!! The odds are low that this guy will just step in and produce at the same level as him. I look at it as similar to the Foster / Blue thing. Foster goes out, everyone is like, "let's get Blue!!!" But Blue is not Foster. He has a few good games, sure, but most of the time he is just average or worse.

The team will for sure be worse without Charles and that alone limits touches because drives get stalled where they ordinarily would not have before. Sure, I could be wrong, this guy could be even better than Charles, but all in all it looked like a good opportunity to nab a starting player who would never be caught hanging on the waiver wire at any time this year. You guys have one more day to do the same because after Sunday either I will be wrong and this guy will be ready to shoot the next madden cover or he will be ready to hit the scarp heap again.

Can't really take anything Reid says as gospel. He has the coach speak down to an art.

With that said, I'm rolling out Charmander in one League in the flex over Doug Baldwin, Ellington, Crowell and R Mathews.

Charcandrick West - RB - Chiefs

ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher said the team is "eager" to see what RB Charcandrick West can do.
"Quietly, they kind of like West," Teicher said. "The term has been used to me, ‘a poor man’s Jamaal Charles.’ They think there are a lot of similarities in how they go about business." Knile Davis is expected to have a role, but West is more versatile and better in the passing game. He will be given the first shot to win the starting job.

The reason I got rid of him once I picked him up is that I do not think there is any way he can be as good as Charles. Jamal Charles is one of the best rbs in the league!!! The odds are low that this guy will just step in and produce at the same level as him. I look at it as similar to the Foster / Blue thing. Foster goes out, everyone is like, "let's get Blue!!!" But Blue is not Foster. He has a few good games, sure, but most of the time he is just average or worse.

The team will for sure be worse without Charles and that alone limits touches because drives get stalled where they ordinarily would not have before. Sure, I could be wrong, this guy could be even better than Charles, but all in all it looked like a good opportunity to nab a starting player who would never be caught hanging on the waiver wire at any time this year. You guys have one more day to do the same because after Sunday either I will be wrong and this guy will be ready to shoot the next madden cover or he will be ready to hit the scarp heap again.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be as good as Charles, and he doesn't have to be as good to be productive.

The most accurate experts have him ranked as a consensus RB1 this week in PPR and although I may not be exactly as bullish I'm still going to be trotting him out this week.

Users who are viewing this thread