What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Zach Zenner Thread - Oh yeeaaaaaaah. (1 Viewer)

shady inc said:
debating dropping c-m

shady inc said:
debating dropping c-mike for him
Ssssssshhhhhh, those on the C-Mike post

Watching his highlights I love how after a td or big runs he just gives the ball to the ref. no showboating, excitement or anything. Just do his job
Country strong. Hard worker. Coaches dream. Not the most athletic but picks up the nuances.
Those all sound like code words for "he's white."

;)
LMAO

Everyone is all over Rawls.

Is ZZ the true sleeper play for MNF and this week?
I want to hop in but having a tough time pulling the trigger
I just picked up Rawls in one league and am thinking about ZZ in another. Lions need a grinder and Bell looks done.

Problem for this week is that I see them getting down early in Seattle and the game script will work agaisnt him.

Everyone is all over Rawls.

Is ZZ the true sleeper play for MNF and this week?
I want to hop in but having a tough time pulling the trigger
I just picked up Rawls in one league and am thinking about ZZ in another. Lions need a grinder and Bell looks done.

Problem for this week is that I see them getting down early in Seattle and the game script will work agaisnt him.
This is my thought. Plus Bell excelled in that role last season to the tune of almost 200 fantasy points. That's quality production despite being a committee back. If Zenner can play to that level, you've got some real value there as opposed to Rawls who is going back to the pine once Marshawn gets healthy. The Seahawks are already in some hot water with the 1-2 record, but they aren't looking for any type of "changing of the guard" just yet.

I asked these same questions in the Joique Bell thread, but that thread has about as much steam right now as Joique himself does when dragging his feet up the middle for a 1.1 yard run.

Does anyone even know how/when Joique got hurt?

I don't recall seeing/hearing about anything until Thursday when he just simply didn't practice - And now he can't practice at all on it? Anyone else thinking this could turn in to a long term thing? Complications from previous surgery(s) perhaps?

If so, Detroit is going to need someone to play the hammer role. This might be a long term role for Zenner and not just a one week play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'll be biting. Have avoided the Lions backfield completely this season, as it was apparent it was going to be a muddled fiasco.could be worth something if your desperate though.

Don't see fulfilling the role that Bell dos 2nd half of the season last year. Bush was down for large parts of it, Riddick was used sparingly and George Wynn was the only other competition.

Riddick is a year further on now and the coaching staff like him. Plus, there's now a 2nd round pick in Abdullah to factor in.

As much as I like Zenner it's tough to see how he can become a dependable fantasy scorer this season

Any reason Zach Zenner is barely mentioned by the FBG staff in the preseason and up until now, is ranked around "80th" in standard RB scoring projections, and all of a sudden in FBGs morning email update,

"rookie Ameer Abdullah may be suited as a change-of-pace back only."

?

FBG was on Zenner before anyone. I am a Lions fan and first heard of Zenner from Sig and Waldman. I didn't even know he was on our team.

His upside was extremely limited by his lack of opportunity. No sense talking about a guy with great potential but without opportunity. So many guys with a lot of talent Ahmad Bradshaw) but no opportunity so they don't get talked about because it's a waste of time.

Strength of schedule shows a lot of upside for DET RB in weeks 10, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 16. I realize week 10 is way out right now but Zenner's opportunity is happening right now so you might have to pick him up today in order to have him in those weeks in the future where he could be a fantasy stud that rushes and receives.

I picked him up in a couple leagues but am not starting him, even in one league where I'm pretty desperate at RB. The matchup is pretty brutal but they won't face the Seahawks every week. There may be value as the early down/goal-line back in this offense yet. Time will tell. Bell looks like toast.

Any reason Zach Zenner is barely mentioned by the FBG staff in the preseason and up until now, is ranked around "80th" in standard RB scoring projections, and all of a sudden in FBGs morning email update,

"rookie Ameer Abdullah may be suited as a change-of-pace back only."

?
I couldn't comment on FBG rankings but when I checked out Abdullah before the draft he looked soo small compared to well, basically everyone. He shocked me in the preseason and I love what he can do but he is small. I don't know how that will effect him but 'change-of-pace-back' typically is code = small back who isn't built to carry the load.

Joique is 29 and banged up and is not effective as the big back so Zenner has a shot to assume some of RB Joique Bell's roll right now and take over that role if he gets a shot and performs well.

This could the time to get in cheap and early on the ground floor.

Been holding him since preseason and now I'm giddy to get to hopefully see him in action. Needless to say, I'm excited.

FBG was on Zenner before anyone. I am a Lions fan and first heard of Zenner from Sig and Waldman. I didn't even know he was on our team.
I remember Waldman posting about him this summer on social media. And I was like GET OUT he'll be lucky to be a special teamer.

Good opportunity here for him, though it's a very tough matchup.

I asked these same questions in the Joique Bell thread, but that thread has about as much steam right now as Joique himself does when dragging his feet up the middle for a 1.1 yard run.

Does anyone even know how/when Joique got hurt?

I don't recall seeing/hearing about anything until Thursday when he just simply didn't practice - And now he can't practice at all on it? Anyone else thinking this could turn in to a long term thing? Complications from previous surgery(s) perhaps?

If so, Detroit is going to need someone to play the hammer role. This might be a long term role for Zenner and not just a one week play.
Joique had 2 surgeries back in January, there wasn't much info on them but it is believed he was injured last season and played through it. Whatever the procedures were they kept him off the field and out of practice until mid-late August. He could just be out of football shape, or still recovering from the procedures. If he is out a few games and AA and/or ZZ shine I could see him being finished in Detroit.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/22255/lack-of-production-higher-salary-likely-led-to-joique-bells-lions-release

Lack of production, higher salary likely led to Joique Bell's release

he struggled through the season. His production wilted, with career lows in rushing yards (311), receptions (22) and receiving yards (286). Moreover, he was passed on the depth chart by rookie Ameer Abdullah as well as receiving back Theo Riddick.

Zach Zenner, who ended up on injured reserve, also showed promise as a short-yardage back when Bell was injured.

Detroit has many other areas to concentrate their resources toward than running back.  Considering they kept Zenner around when it required them to carry 4 running backs last season, it seems reasonable to assume the backfield of Abdullah, Riddick, and Zenner will be the 3 on the roster in 2016.  If that's how it plays out, Zenner will be a very popular sleeper in August.

They should be looking to solidify the line so the guys they have actually have room to run and Stafford has time to find his second read. The only ones hoping for a running back are fantasy owners who missed out on Abdullah, Theo, and Zenner.

What is his value in PPR dynasty?

Asked his owner what he was looking for and got the following offer:

Zenner, Zach DET RB

Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.09

Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.15

For

Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick 

Thoughts?

Zenner, Zach DET RB

For

Thoughts?
Future third isnt unreasonable.  He's a lottery ticket.  If he's one you like better than whatever else would occupy that roster spot, grab him.

Zenner, Zach DET RB

For

Thoughts?
What can you get with the 5.09? ... a feral cat with bad gas?

JoeSteeler said:

Zenner, Zach DET RB

For

Thoughts?

That seems 'about' fair but that all depends on how much you like ZZ over the upside of the future 3rd next year in what is supposed to be a deep RB draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread