What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Narcos on netflix (1 Viewer)

In.

I will start watching tonight probably.

Was hoping somebody else watched and could tell me it was worth it.

I said this in the Netflix thread: I watched Episode 1 and thought it had potential. There was WAY TOO MUCH NARRATION. To the point that it was distracting. As much as the narration explained where things were, it also didn't really give the characters any depth. This isn't Goodfellas type narration either. There was very little actual dialogue from the characters it seemed. I think it would have been better to have a first season building up to the point of Pablo Escobar becoming this big smuggler and showing the coke thing happening in Peru instead of just having narration and a jumping around timeline.

If that was just a first episode thing, then the show has potential considering the subject matter and the actors.

I'm about 1 1/2 episodes in. Solid so far. The narration from the first episode didn't really bother me as there was a ton of backstory to fill in. I think that with episode 2 we have the DEA agents and PE's backstory completely fleshed out, the narration will decline dramatically.

9.3 on imdb. Three episodes in. I'm enjoying it but I'm always interested in a narcotics story line. The narration doesn't slow down but I kind of like it. There's always backstory being filled in that wouldn't happen through the course of normal dialogue. And if it was all dialogue, the whole show would be subtitled which might turn some off.

unwatchable...does it ever stop with the subtitles...
I forget which movie it was, but they did something really cool. A lot of the movie took place in the middle east and they started with subtitles for like 2 minutes, then there was a pause, two characters gave each other an intense stare, and all the dialog after that was in English.

I like it a lot, but fall asleep during the second episode because I start watching too late.

1. To disable Post-Play's autoplay feature on a Netflix profile, navigate to Your Account, click Playback Settings, then uncheck the option to Play next episode automatically. Other Post-Play features will still be enabled -- this setting simply turns off automatic playback of the next episode.
Hate this thing.

I said this in the Netflix thread: I watched Episode 1 and thought it had potential. There was WAY TOO MUCH NARRATION. To the point that it was distracting. As much as the narration explained where things were, it also didn't really give the characters any depth. This isn't Goodfellas type narration either. There was very little actual dialogue from the characters it seemed. I think it would have been better to have a first season building up to the point of Pablo Escobar becoming this big smuggler and showing the coke thing happening in Peru instead of just having narration and a jumping around timeline.

If that was just a first episode thing, then the show has potential considering the subject matter and the actors.
Yeah the narration is a bit annoying, haven't finished the 1st episode yet and will likely get to episode 2 today. I'm in unless something drastic changes.

watched the first 2 episodes, and like it a lot. the narration doesn't really bug me, it's like watching Colombian Dukes of Hazzard.

I'd like to watch it, but I'm afraid I might crave cocaine.

Does the show make you crave cocaine?

Do you guys have any cocaine?
I watched 8 so far... Trying to figure out how I'm gonna get away from the family for a 5 day South American bender. I was actually checking Expedia last night.

I'd like to watch it, but I'm afraid I might crave cocaine.

Does the show make you crave cocaine?

Do you guys have any cocaine?
I watched 8 so far... Trying to figure out how I'm gonna get away from the family for a 5 day South American bender. I was actually checking Expedia last night.
Yes it does. I did a quick google search and found this site.

Price for a gram:

Australia $300

US $30

Most European countries $80+

DR: $8

Ecuador: $5

Peru: $4.50

Bolivia: $3.5

Colombia: $3.50

It loos like it is time to book that Machu Picchu trip for next spring.

Finished season 1 over the weekend.

While we know how the story ultimately ends, it is still a great ride.

As expected, lots of sex, and even more violence.

The acting and pacing is top notch.

Episode 1 is mostly backstory but hang tight, it picks up from there.

Watched four episodes so far. Really enjoying it.

Only drawback is every time I see Escobar I automatically think of Vincent Chase (Entourage) doing Escobar in Medellin. Such terrible flashbacks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=entourage+medellin&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=939&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQsARqFQoTCKjZ19zsj8gCFShH2wodZi4D6w#imgrc=NR3off54BFMmSM%3A
Netflix definitely missed an opportunity to have Drama show up.

I'm halfway through the season and I'm still not sure how much I like it. It's well done I guess, but I don't really care about a lot of the plot lines. I can't put my finger on it, but something is missing.

It's sorta like Sopranos and Breaking Bad had a baby, but the baby kinda sucks and nobody wants to be its friend.

I'm halfway through the season and I'm still not sure how much I like it. It's well done I guess, but I don't really care about a lot of the plot lines. I can't put my finger on it, but something is missing.

It's sorta like Sopranos and Breaking Bad had a baby, but the baby kinda sucks and nobody wants to be its friend.
I think that they don't know which story they are telling. Is it about the detectives or about Pablo? Or about the socio-political issues? It does seem more documentary than drama, but the dramatic parts are well-acted and have a good tone, so I think that there should be more. Infuse the backstory that gets filled in with all the narration into the dramatic scenes. Definitely not enough Pablo.

What's missing is the blow. Like I said, 4 episodes in and not even a scene featuring manufacturing,

let alone partaking, that I can remember.

What's missing is the blow. Like I said, 4 episodes in and not even a scene featuring manufacturing,

let alone partaking, that I can remember.
They had a scene of top to bottom on the manufacturing process. It wasn't detailed, but it showed enough IMO. I think it was the 3rd episode.

Yah they had a whole episode on the "cockroach" and the factories. Then the lion and how they smuggled them in. Are you guys even watching the same show?

Dammit!

I think I'm just realizing that I didn't start at the beginning since Netflix defaulted to where my son left of watching.

So while I'm 4 episodes in, those episodes just happen to be episodes 3 through 6

:rant:

4 episodes in and loving this. Sign me up for anything drug trafficking related.

Not scrolling up until I finish the season!

i love it and when the swcer loves something it is awesome and anyone on the path of the brohan should watch bam take that to the bank bromigos

I think that they don't know which story they are telling. Is it about the detectives or about Pablo? Or about the socio-political issues? It does seem more documentary than drama, but the dramatic parts are well-acted and have a good tone, so I think that there should be more. Infuse the backstory that gets filled in with all the narration into the dramatic scenes. Definitely not enough Pablo.
agree with LBL here.

I'm completely enjoying this, but it's much more about the story than it is about the characters, which get spread a bit thin. A lot to cover in the story- and they're doing that part very well- but I'd also like to see some more character studies/motivations occur so I can care a bit more about what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread