Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Random

Need a new dishwasher

14 hours ago, AC05 said:

Is the Eco wash the only difference between the 500 and 800? Anybody use that?

i was comparing the two and that looks to be the only difference.  that and $99

I echo everyone's Bosch love. I got one of the 500 models(44db, 3rd rack) and I can fit so many more dishes in this model and it cleans so much better than my old GE.  Everything comes out spotless no matter how much caked on crap I leave on the dishes.  The only downside is the funky smell that wafts thru the kitchen when you open it. 

Didn't read the entire thread, but Consumer Reports says Kitchen Aide is the best dishwasher.

finish tablets and finish liquid dry the way to go?

50 minutes ago, VA703 said:

finish tablets and finish liquid dry the way to go?

I buy a huge box (~100) of the Finish tablets (the ones with the red dot) from Costco, been very happy with them. Haven't been as specific with the liquid.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

I buy a huge box (~100) of the Finish tablets (the ones with the red dot) from Costco, been very happy with them. Haven't been as specific with the liquid.

k good just picked up a box from there yesterday, both products are on sale at Costco this month

2 hours ago, VA703 said:
2 hours ago, Mr. Ected said:

k good just picked up a box from there yesterday, both products are on sale at Costco this month

Will be at Costco this weekend and will buy the liquid. Thanks for the tip!

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, berndog said:

I echo everyone's Bosch love. I got one of the 500 models(44db, 3rd rack) and I can fit so many more dishes in this model and it cleans so much better than my old GE.  Everything comes out spotless no matter how much caked on crap I leave on the dishes.  The only downside is the funky smell that wafts thru the kitchen when you open it. 

just noticed mine is doing a similar smell too  not sure why

1 hour ago, VA703 said:

On 5/23/2016 at 10:51 AM, berndog said:

just noticed mine is doing a similar smell too  not sure why

have you guys cleaned the drain/trap per instructions? 

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

have you guys cleaned the drain/trap per instructions? 

mine is a week old figured I wouldn't need to already. + I prewash all dishes. someone mentioned the hose leading from the dishwasher to the disposal needs to be elevated so ill double check when I get home

if the hose is elevated ill check the drain/trap

3 minutes ago, VA703 said:

mine is a week old figured I wouldn't need to already. + I prewash all dishes. someone mentioned the hose leading from the dishwasher to the disposal needs to be elevated so ill double check when I get home

if the hose is elevated ill check the drain/trap

oh- 1 week old shouldn't present that kind of problem.

maybe the drain was attached below the trap or there's no air gap, so you're getting waste pipe smell/gases coming back up?

On 8/31/2015 at 2:15 PM, Random said:

Is Bosch the way to go here? Most Bosch reviews are very high, despite that they have a filter that needs cleaned. And no dry cycle. Other brands seem to be all over the board.

Love ours, very quiet.

31 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

maybe the drain was attached below the trap or there's no air gap, so you're getting waste pipe smell/gases coming back up?

yeah it smells like a dirty garbage disposal

32 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I was told to check that the drain hose looks like this

http://www.structuretech1.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Plumbing-misisng-high-loop-at-dishwasher-drain.jpg

hopefully that's the problem

My Bosch is on the way out.  Only had it a few years, but it is in need of a repair again.  I didn't get the top of the line, only paid ~$400 for it so I'm guessing some of the parts weren't top quality.  Some sort of switch needed to be replaced, cost $150 for the part and repair.  Did it because assuming it lasted it would make sense.  It lasted about a year and it obviously doesn't make sense to do again.

Will be getting something other than Bosch this time around. What have people gotten recently they are happy with?

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

My Bosch is on the way out.  Only had it a few years, but it is in need of a repair again.  I didn't get the top of the line, only paid ~$400 for it so I'm guessing some of the parts weren't top quality.  Some sort of switch needed to be replaced, cost $150 for the part and repair.  Did it because assuming it lasted it would make sense.  It lasted about a year and it obviously doesn't make sense to do again.

Will be getting something other than Bosch this time around. What have people gotten recently they are happy with?

All dishwashers have problems and Bosch is the most reliable.  Wasn't the new switch covered under warranty?

1 hour ago, Bull Dozier said:

My "on/off" switch just went out. Ordered it on Amazon for $17 and did it myself.

Bosch is the best. But all appliances need repairs at some point. They don't last forever.

On 2/9/2016 at 3:15 PM, chet said:

When we replace our current dishwasher, it will be with a Miele. We had a Bosch years ago and didn't really like it but it sounds like they've improved.

Got a Miele a few months ago and love it.  Got the one with LEDs inside.  My wife thought they'd be a gimmick but now loves the lights inside.

2 hours ago, cstu said:

All dishwashers have problems and Bosch is the most reliable.  Wasn't the new switch covered under warranty?

The repair was done approximately a year ago, by Best Buy.  I didn't even bother looking for documentation, but I know they wouldn't warranty the repair.  The part itself? :shrug:

1 hour ago, Payne said:

My "on/off" switch just went out. Ordered it on Amazon for $17 and did it myself.

Bosch is the best. But all appliances need repairs at some point. They don't last forever.

Sucks that they don't make them like they used to.  Bought our house, had to replace the what seemed to be 30 year old dishwasher, and the new one didn't even get to five years.

1 hour ago, chet said:

Got a Miele a few months ago and love it.  Got the one with LEDs inside.  My wife thought they'd be a gimmick but now loves the lights inside.

definitely the best around. quietest, best wash.

deja vu... but I think I mentioned that the internal parts of Miele and Bosch used to be made in the same factory- so I always recommended people to get the much lower priced bosch. but I think that's changed. miele is the defacto w/d for our clients, unless it's the beach house and need to do lots of towels. 

Crazy this was bumped today - I didn't get a dishwasher a new dishwasher a few months back, but think I will with all the Black Friday sales coming up.  Folks still enjoying their Bosch units?  Being that all the other appliances in our kitchen are Kenmore, I'm looking at those as well. 

Im getting a new one tomorrow. Our dishwasher went out and 1 day of doing dishes by hand is one to many. 

Leaning towards this one right now. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-Gallery-Top-Control-Dishwasher-in-Smudge-Proof-Stainless-Steel-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-and-OrbitClean-FGID2474QF/205072877

May not be top end but god reviews and only $400 if I need a new one 3 years not that big of deal at that price. 

Went with Bosch 500 based on reviews here and online. Meh. It's quiet but dishes don't come out as dry as our last dishwasher. 

14 minutes ago, Brony said:

Went with Bosch 500 based on reviews here and online. Meh. It's quiet but dishes don't come out as dry as our last dishwasher. 

That's too bad- hadn't heard that before. What was your last DW brand?

17 minutes ago, Brony said:

I have a Bosch and run it overnight and the dishes are bone dry in the morning.  Sucks you are having a different experience.

Still loving my Bosch 3+ years after my POS GE committed suicide.  So quiet compared to the freight train I used to have.

Yep.. my Bosch is still kicking ### and taking names. If you're wanting to open it to bone dry dishes 3.5 seconds after the cycle ends, you'll probably be disappointed, though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Yep.. my Bosch is still kicking ### and taking names. If you're wanting to open it to bone dry dishes 3.5 seconds after the cycle ends, you'll probably be disappointed, though. 

I figured it would be my fault somehow. 

We'll run overnight and dishes are still not dry in the morning. Not bitter, just saying it's not all roses 100%of the time 

7 minutes ago, Brony said:

I figured it would be my fault somehow. 

We'll run overnight and dishes are still not dry in the morning. Not bitter, just saying it's not all roses 100%of the time 

My response was part shtick, but If they're not dry in the morning then something is definitely wrong. Ours are usually dry when we open it and it's usually not even overnight. 

I repaired by 8 year old Bosch that wasn't heating properly.  One of the pins on the relay on the PCB was burned out, so I reflowed some solder to the pin and wha-la, it's working perfectly again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, proninja said:

3 hours ago, Brony said:

If only there would have been some mention anywhere on the internet that this would be the case

is this a common thing for Boschs? 

I won't be so quick to recommend to friends and clients if that's the case.

signed,

lowest end GE user- noisy as hell, everything still wet.

On 8/31/2015 at 7:36 PM, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

I'm confused by the thread title. Are you getting a divorce?

Glad to see I wasn't the first one thinking along these lines.

"Remind her twice" method down?

• Like 1

My only complaint about my Bosch would be those crappy plastic wheel glides popping off and 2 of them went AWOL on my wife, so I have to but some online and pop them back on. Now that she knows what they look like, maybeshe won't throw the next one that pops off away. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 1:19 PM, Wooderson said:

Im getting a new one tomorrow. Our dishwasher went out and 1 day of doing dishes by hand is one to many. 

Leaning towards this one right now. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-Gallery-Top-Control-Dishwasher-in-Smudge-Proof-Stainless-Steel-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-and-OrbitClean-FGID2474QF/205072877

May not be top end but god reviews and only $400 if I need a new one 3 years not that big of deal at that price. 

Update ended up going with the Bosch 500 as well. It's been great. Also added a Bosch cooktop and hood. I still need to install the hood this weekend but it's all been great. I'm sold on this Bosch stuff. 

12 hours ago, proninja said:

If you expect everything to be completely dry you'll be disappointed. We usually have a little leftover moisture on top of mason jars, Tupperware, etc. I haven't found it to be annoying at all. And I adore the 3rd rack and how well it cleans. 

Yeah that 3rd rack is allot more handy then I was anticipating.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2015 at 11:56 AM, Random said:

Went Bosch.

Update?

is this long drying thing a total pain?

the bosch I got is pretty good. I think a majority of us all got the same model

my 1 year old somehow changed the rinse cycle to express and I cannot change it back for some reason :wall::wall:

59 minutes ago, Righetti said:

Update?

is this long drying thing a total pain?

For us at least, it mainly happens with plastic containers.  Or things with a lip or concave bottom (e.g. coffee mug with a ridge around the bottom), where water can pool.  

so apparently the new Bosch's have now added a heated coil option.

You can decide to either do the condensation method (2 hours but energy efficient) or you can go to the 60 minute dry time.

we'd likely do the condensation method 90% of the time but on a day like yesterday (30 people over for Easter), we'll use the heated coils

Bump. likely buying a new DW this weekend. Consumer Reports (and FBG) likes the Bosch a lot, but Amazon reviews aren't pretty.

Just now, proninja said:

I've had my Bosch for about a year and I love it :shrug:

AMAZON REVIEWS HE SAID