What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily crusher (1 Viewer)

topman

Footballguy
Although the Daily Crusher seems self explanatory is there any plan to have a short article discussing it and how to use to make sure there is nothing we are missing when using it?

Stay tuned...

An article is already written and ready to go live on the site tomorrow when Apple features the app on their App Store splash page.

Is this going to be on Android as well?
Posted Today, 11:26 AM

snellman, on 02 Sept 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Maurile Tremblay, on 02 Sept 2015 - 02:23 AM, said:

Same price for subscribers as for everyone else. I don't think Apple allows discriminatory pricing.

The first couple weeks will be free. After that, I think it will be $1/week to unlock projections for each site, but I'm not completely sure on the pricing.
Is there going to be an Android app? I was thinking there was, but I know google play made you take down the magazine because of reference to draftkings.
Yes, but it will likely have to be downloaded from the FBG homepage because of Google's strict definition of gambling...it will be released shortly after the Apple version, if everything runs smoothly.

Any plans to have the info available on the site as well? At least ownership estimates, ceilings/floors, etc.

So I managed to download the dailycrusher on my android off the footballguys main page. I just had to sign away all liability for install a rogue app to do so. Looks great! The only issue Im seeing is that Adrian Peterson isnt showing up in the player pool. Is this a known issue, or is it unique to my macgyvered setup?

I assume every player has 3 numbers a floor, a ceiling and most likely. I only see 2 numbers on the app if I am looking at it correctly which I am assuming is the most likely and the ceiling. Am I looking at it incorrectly?

topman said:
I assume every player has 3 numbers a floor, a ceiling and most likely. I only see 2 numbers on the app if I am looking at it correctly which I am assuming is the most likely and the ceiling. Am I looking at it incorrectly?
There's a + and - by the second number. That leads me to believe the floor is the most likely minus the second number and the ceiling the opposite.

Are the own percentages still not finalized? Davante Adams and Ameer Abdullah are showing 0% which cant be right.

topman said:
There's a + and - by the second number. That leads me to believe the floor is the most likely minus the second number and the ceiling the opposite.
If you are correct that would give someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick a floor of 4 points and at the same time giving Tyrod Taylor a floor of 7 points. Although possible those are the floors it does not sound accurate to me.

Charles Johnson/AP issue fixed; % owned calculations updated; article will be out later today. Thanks guys.

+/- is applied easily to get a ceiling; it is adjusted for the floor. Specifically, we adjust the variance down so the least possible score for any player is 0 pts (or just under). Best place to look here is the player chart.

Charles Johnson/AP issue fixed; % owned calculations updated; article will be out later today. Thanks guys.

+/- is applied easily to get a ceiling; it is adjusted for the floor. Specifically, we adjust the variance down so the least possible score for any player is 0 pts (or just under). Best place to look here is the player chart.
:thumbup:

If I read the update player on the app it says it will update automatically as long as it is turned on. Does that mean whenever Dodds, Tremblay or Bloom updates their projections it updates the APP? Or is it when the Interactive value chart is updated it updates?

Are all the analysis done with just the 3 projections or is there more taken into consideration?

Really nice job on this app.

One issue I have run into is that all the games for Week 1 are listed as being 1 PM Sunday games. So when creating a Sunday only lineup the Thursday and Monday night players are available. If I try to create a Sunday 4 PM only lineup there are no players available.

I tried contacting you using the Support function of the app, but the app froze.

I am using the iPhone version of the app.

Really nice job on this app.

One issue I have run into is that all the games for Week 1 are listed as being 1 PM Sunday games. So when creating a Sunday only lineup the Thursday and Monday night players are available. If I try to create a Sunday 4 PM only lineup there are no players available.

I tried contacting you using the Support function of the app, but the app froze.

I am using the iPhone version of the app.
Try closing the app entirely, re-opening it, and updating the data feed...that should do the trick (I hope).

Thanks for the help John. I ended up having to delete the app and then re-download it and that fixed the scheduling issue.

I do want to point out that I had to re-download the FanDuel and DraftKings projections for Week 1. Tapping on the "Restore Purchases" option didn't do anything. I did receive a warning dialog that I had already purchased the projections and if I wanted to purchase them again. This isn't an issue since the Week 1 projections are free. If future projections are not free it might be a good idea to make sure the "Restore Purchases" option is functioning properly.

I've been playing with the app a bit, and it is truly amazing!

Yes it seems like to get the Thursday players off of Sunday the App has to be deleted and re-downloaded.

All is good now.

It appears all the data is taken straight from the Interactive value chart. Is that correct?

Can target finish percentile be duplicated on line within the interactive value chart so you don't have to use the app? It is much easier to work on line than on a phone.

Thanks

So far this APP seems extremely good.

As I am putting in random line-ups to get a feel for how it will work. It seems much slower on Draft Kings than on FanDuel. It has been crushing data for 20 minutes and says it is only 31% done (iPhone 6 for what it is worth). This is with me only putting in 2 players to see how it works which would not think this is how it is going to be my normal. I put in 2 of the cheapest although possible players (Jets defense and Wheaton) on a THU-MON line up. I may not be able to see how long it takes because I may run out of battery before it finishes. 40% at 30 minutes (70.0B/173b). It was at about 50% at 40 minutes still moving up slowly I looked at my phone minute later it had stopped and had not filled out any of the rest of the line-up.

For some reason I am having major issues with the app.

The manual says that "you will be prompted with the four options from which to build your lineups" when you open the app. However, when I open the app I am taken immediately to the Lineups page. When I click "Change", it takes me to what I am assuming is supposed to be the opening page--i.e. the page shown in the manual--but it just constantly reads "Loading..." next to each DFS service. Nothing ever loads.

If I attempt to create a line-up, it reads "Downloading IAP information..." for a couple of minutes and nothing ever saves.

I have deleted and re-downloaded the app, I have tried in a few different wi-fi spots, and nothing is working.

Any help?

OK...so I got home from work tonight and decided to play with the app again...loaded up a FanDuel Sun-Mon slate...guess what...PIT@NEP players were available. Every game is again listed as a Sunday 1 PM start. What the heck!

AnchorDrops said:
OK...so I got home from work tonight and decided to play with the app again...loaded up a FanDuel Sun-Mon slate...guess what...PIT@NEP players were available. Every game is again listed as a Sunday 1 PM start. What the heck!
I am having same issue. Some players are also not even showing up anywhere. I search for Julio Jones and it can't find him.

Other times I will have an optimized lineup and won't like a selection so will exclude that player. The next lineup optimized will actually have more projected points than the previous one.

I haven't downloaded this yet but I have a few questions:

• I know the app is free, but will the projections continue to be free moving forward through the season?
  • From an individual roster construction standpoint it seems similar to the IVC - does it offer additional features for individual roster construction above what the IVC provides?
  • In addition to individual roster construction it appears to have several things to help manage multiple rosters across multiple sites. Does it offer anything in addition to managing multiple rosters/sites/exposure/etc?
Thanks!

Weird issue when trying to connect to the FBG cloud with the Android tablet version, as I get an error message stating that I need to connect to the internet.

Obviously I am connected at the moment :)

Therefore most likely a setting issue. Any ideas?

I dont imagine there are going to be any additions until all the current wrinkles are ironed out, but there is one thing I would love to see added. Right now the complete roster function is fantastic, but there are a ton of guys I am never going to want to roster. If there was a function where you could enter into the program your preferred player pool for the week, for instance:

QB: Luck (10,000), Tannehille (8200), Bradford (8,000), Romo (7700), Palmer (7500), and Taylor (6,000)
RB: Peterson (10,000), Charles (9500), Lacy (9,000), Forsett (8500), Miller (8200), Ivory (7200), Abdullah (7000), Crowell (5700), Woodhead (5200)
WR: 12 wide receivers at different prices similar to the other positions
TE: 5 TEs at different prices similar to the other positions

K: 8 kickers at different prices similar to the other positions
Def: 3 Defenses at different prices similar to the other positions

Then have it run the algorithm the same way, except only with the suggested players, and instead of spitting out the lineups with only the highest projections, also the ones that would be best suited to a 50/50, and the lineups that will likely be the most unique after a set dollar amount, say $43000, so it doesnt just give you the cheapest lineup.

Bonus points would be for that function, and then for an option for the algorithm to only draw from those players for 8 or 9 out of 10 of the roster spots, and then to use the rest of the roster pool to fill out the roster.

When using daily crusher for FanDuel it is pulling up Calvin Johnson instead of Dez Bryant for Cash game while leaving enough cash available to choose Dez. It appears Dez floor is higher than Calvin. Why would it do this?

I dont imagine there are going to be any additions until all the current wrinkles are ironed out, but there is one thing I would love to see added. Right now the complete roster function is fantastic, but there are a ton of guys I am never going to want to roster. If there was a function where you could enter into the program your preferred player pool for the week, for instance:

QB: Luck (10,000), Tannehille (8200), Bradford (8,000), Romo (7700), Palmer (7500), and Taylor (6,000)

RB: Peterson (10,000), Charles (9500), Lacy (9,000), Forsett (8500), Miller (8200), Ivory (7200), Abdullah (7000), Crowell (5700), Woodhead (5200)

WR: 12 wide receivers at different prices similar to the other positions

TE: 5 TEs at different prices similar to the other positions

K: 8 kickers at different prices similar to the other positions

Def: 3 Defenses at different prices similar to the other positions

Then have it run the algorithm the same way, except only with the suggested players, and instead of spitting out the lineups with only the highest projections, also the ones that would be best suited to a 50/50, and the lineups that will likely be the most unique after a set dollar amount, say $43000, so it doesnt just give you the cheapest lineup.

Bonus points would be for that function, and then for an option for the algorithm to only draw from those players for 8 or 9 out of 10 of the roster spots, and then to use the rest of the roster pool to fill out the roster.
You can lock out all the other guys you don't want with high points / dollar around your guys and it will do this

• I know the app is free, but will the projections continue to be free moving forward through the season?
  • From an individual roster construction standpoint it seems similar to the IVC - does it offer additional features for individual roster construction above what the IVC provides?
  • In addition to individual roster construction it appears to have several things to help manage multiple rosters across multiple sites. Does it offer anything in addition to managing multiple rosters/sites/exposure/etc?
Thanks!
From week 3 on, it will cost $1.99 for a site per week. You get all the optimization plus the articles released for that company for that week.

You can assign dollars per roster and it calculates player exposure

Thanks!
From week 3 on, it will cost $1.99 for a site per week. You get all the optimization plus the articles released for that company for that week.

Love the app, but $1.99/site per week is double what I was hoping to pay. That's going to cost me more than a 3 year subscription to FBG just to play on FanDuel and DraftKings for the full NFL season including playoffs.

Thanks!

Love the app, but $1.99/site per week is double what I was hoping to pay. That's going to cost me more than a 3 year subscription to FBG just to play on FanDuel and DraftKings for the full NFL season including playoffs.
If you're winning an extra $2-4 a week because of the app then it's paying for itself anyways. If it is of no value to you then I'm guessing you're probably not going to be using all year long. Five weeks of using both, on two sites, is $20 and would take you from week 1 to the completion of week 7 and by then it should have helped you bring in some cash.

Or the app sucks. :D

Would like to see dollars left per player when building a lineup

Last edited by a moderator:

The manual says that "you will be prompted with the four options from which to build your lineups" when you open the app. However, when I open the app I am taken immediately to the Lineups page. When I click "Change", it takes me to what I am assuming is supposed to be the opening page--i.e. the page shown in the manual--but it just constantly reads "Loading..." next to each DFS service. Nothing ever loads.

If I attempt to create a line-up, it reads "Downloading IAP information..." for a couple of minutes and nothing ever saves.

I have deleted and re-downloaded the app, I have tried in a few different wi-fi spots, and nothing is working.

Any help?
Could I get a response from Dodds/Lee/Tremblay/etc.? I have Tweeted @ Dodds regarding this as well and am not getting a response.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, since I see no one else having this issue, but I have done everything I can think of without results.

Weird issue when trying to connect to the FBG cloud with the Android tablet version, as I get an error message stating that I need to connect to the internet.

Obviously I am connected at the moment :)

Therefore most likely a setting issue. Any ideas?
All fine now! Working great :)

Any help?
Could I get a response from Dodds/Lee/Tremblay/etc.? I have Tweeted @ Dodds regarding this as well and am not getting a response.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, since I see no one else having this issue, but I have done everything I can think of without results.
you'll probaby get a faster response if you email mobile tech support at mobileapps@footballguys.com.

Any help?

This is definitely a question for Simon...email support at mobileapps@footballguys.com.

Sorry I can't help with this one, but those types of questions are out of my area of expertise.

I get the benefits of seeing roster exposure over all your lineups. But in terms of individual lineup construction - is this the same as the interactive value charts? Or does the app offer more features for each lineup you create?

Also, a general DFS question - is the information on the FBG site going to be the same as last year, and this new mobile app is just another option? Or are the articles (etc.) only going to available via the app?

I get the benefits of seeing roster exposure over all your lineups. But in terms of individual lineup construction - is this the same as the interactive value charts? Or does the app offer more features for each lineup you create?

Also, a general DFS question - is the information on the FBG site going to be the same as last year, and this new mobile app is just another option? Or are the articles (etc.) only going to available via the app?
Can't speak on the articles, but the App is much more robust than the Interactive Value charts.

I've earnestly played with the App some today and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Basically the App helps you construct a lineup based on the type of contest you are entering. If you are entering a Double Up and use the App to fill-in your lineup, it targets the 50th percentile score with lower standard deviation players. If you want a large GPP lineup, it looks at the 99.99th percentile score with higher standard deviation players. Unless there's a major change on the site, the Interactive Value charts don't give you that type of detailed roster construction assistance.

For example, I constructed my initial Thursday GPP lineup this morning. The Interactive Value Charts liked it well enough -- projected to score 119.8 -- but I don't really care about the "average" score from my lineup in a GPP. The App pretty much hated it. If there was a "belittling" feature on the App, it would have been activated. Why? Because the team's range of likely scoring totals was really, really narrow due to my continued insistence on selecting players with low variance.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone should just blindly follow someone else's projections and math but it is very instructive to see where my thoughts deviate from the wisdom of people who literally do this stuff for a living.

I am having same issue. Some players are also not even showing up anywhere. I search for Julio Jones and it can't find him.

Other times I will have an optimized lineup and won't like a selection so will exclude that player. The next lineup optimized will actually have more projected points than the previous one.
I love the app, but I'm not sure what good emailing support will do when we're all having the same issue. I delete the app and can get the app to only include Sunday games, but as soon as I complete a roster, the problem reoccurs. In fact, the lineup I created for Sun-Mon games won't even load once the problems starts again.

I like the app but if one of the experts is down on a certain player it lowers the player's projections. I think making one's own estimate of a score helps as well.

-It shows the best value players per dollar. Interesting that Steve Johnson is at the top for WRs at 4700 on FD. However with everyone using Adams, it is difficult to use Steve unless you plan on using two cheap WRs.

-SD is definitely something to consider as you want a team that can still win even if things go a little less than projected.

-Some upside is good because if you own a player like Calvin and he has a huge game that can performance alone can make up for a dud.

twinchamps said:
I am having same issue.Some players are also not even showing up anywhere. I search for Julio Jones and it can't find him.

I love the app, but I'm not sure what good emailing support will do when we're all having the same issue. I delete the app and can get the app to only include Sunday games, but as soon as I complete a roster, the problem reoccurs. In fact, the lineup I created for Sun-Mon games won't even load once the problems starts again.
Yup. Same problem. I uninstall and re-install and it works great for a while. Next thing I know, the Thursday players are included even when I choose Sun-Mon only. Better work out the bugs before you start charging us!

While I've found to be pretty cool I doubt I will pay for it. With the other resources available here I don't feel I have to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread