What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is a Political Sub-Forum too much to ask for? (1 Viewer)

Leviathan

Footballguy
Baseball got its own sub-forum. Why not a sub-forum for political topics?

I visit the FFA for entertainment. The influx of political threads, especially during a presidential election cycle, garners tons of division and ill will.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

I visit the FFA for entertainment. The influx of political threads, especially during a presidential election cycle, garners tons of division and ill will.

Thoughts?
Some of the political threads are very entertaining.

Laughing at half-wits can be a lot of fun.

There are 4 political threads on page 1. Yes it will get worse as the election gets closer but there is no need for a sub-forum, imo.

How about a separate TV show forum too?

Thoughts?

Agreed. It can be and is entertaining. How about confining it to its own sub-forum? You'd still get The Walking Dead, Yoga pants threads, etc.

Yes it is and no you can't have one. I have been here since the beginning. This has been asked and answered ad infinitum ad nausem. Joe doesn't even bother anymore. It isn't happening.

Thoughts?

Agreed. It can be and is entertaining. How about confining it to its own sub-forum?You'd still get The Walking Dead, Yoga pants threads, etc.
Do you really want Tim in the yoga pants thread?

A political sub-forum thread isn't complete without some twatbox trying to make a funny about having a sub-forum for sub-forum requests.

Go search (if you can) every thread like this in FBG history. It's the new "I just landed and boy are my arms tired".

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, wish I weren't forced to read all the threads I'm not interested in.
Dude you get it! I knew it wasn't just me. I hate when the little mouse icon magically moves over and clicks the political forums by itself. Then I have to sit there in my chair and read through all 3000 posts in the Trump thread. So time consuming!

A political sub-forum thread isn't complete without some twatbox trying to make a funny about having a sub-forum for sub-forum requests.

Go search (if you can) every thread like this in FBG history. It's the new "I just landed and boy are my arms tired".
If a thread becomes political in nature, move it to the political sub-forum section. Simple."I Like hot dogs, but Trump likes them too! What should I do!?"

Boom!

Move the topic over to the political sub-forum.

Yes it is and no you can't have one. I have been here since the beginning. This has been asked and answered ad infinitum ad nausem. Joe doesn't even bother anymore. It isn't happening.
Why was the baseball sub-forum created?
You already got the answer that has been repeated a million times. And they always come back with the baseball subforum as if it means anything. It doesn't.

Right on schedule. This thread appears annually in the FFA right after the "WHY DO PEOPLE DRAFT SO EARLY!!!?" Thread appears in the Pool.

You already got the answer that has been repeated a million times. And they always come back with the baseball subforum as if it means anything. It doesn't.
A lower member census? Less participation? Dunno. I am a member on several other boards where political topics are strictly verboten, and they remain quite popular with tons of traffic. I'm not advocating for that criteria here, just sayin'.

Can we get a sub forum for Donald Trump's ego? That would be terrific.
If I were a mod, this would be moved to the political sub-forum. Peace and tranquility would reign over the FFA and complete anarchy would be tolerated in the new sub-forum. :thumbup:

A lower member census? Less participation? Dunno. I am a member on several other boards where political topics are strictly verboten, and they remain quite popular with tons of traffic. I'm not advocating for that criteria here, just sayin'.
The Huddle had that policy. It was loosely enforced for a while, then threads started to randomly disappear, then people complained (a lot), people started getting banned, there was a mutiny, and then....well, go take a look at their Tailgate. This place has crazy volume. Threads from a few hours ago drop to the second page. There's a wide variety of topics, something for everyone. I'm probably in 20% of threads at any given time. Stuff like Game of Thrones, child rearing, how to achieve eternal salvation, I ignore. It works.

The Huddle had that policy. It was loosely enforced for a while, then threads started to randomly disappear, then people complained (a lot), people started getting banned, there was a mutiny, and then....well, go take a look at their Tailgate. This place has crazy volume. Threads from a few hours ago drop to the second page. There's a wide variety of topics, something for everyone. I'm probably in 20% of threads at any given time. Stuff like Game of Thrones, child rearing, how to achieve eternal salvation, I ignore. It works.
Absolutely no need to ban members if a topic becomes political. Move the thread to the appropriate sub-forum and have at it! Personal attacks should be frowned upon, like here.

Absolutely no need to ban members if a topic becomes political. Move the thread to the appropriate sub-forum and have at it! Personal attacks should be frowned upon, like here.
I wish personal attacks were given more leeway in cases of obvious trolls/morons. There needs to be some Darwinism to raise the average IQ & maturity level imo. The way it is now, some of the biggest ####heads are given protection they don't deserve, and those who go after them are the ones punished.

I wish personal attacks were given more leeway in cases of obvious trolls/morons. There needs to be some Darwinism to raise the average IQ & maturity level imo. The way it is now, some of the biggest ####heads are given protection they don't deserve, and those who go after them are the ones punished.
I can see where you're coming from; but politics, like it or not, is subjective. I know...sounds odd, yes?

I can see where you're coming from; but politics, like it or not, is subjective. I know...sounds odd, yes?
Yes...but, you have a handful of idiots in the political threads spewing openly bigoted views. I think it would be cool if someone is on 10 ignore lists, one in 5 of their posts would randomly disappear. Then it escalates from there...if you're on 30 ignore lists, only one in 10 of your posts would ever show up. But I digress.

Yes...but, you have a handful of idiots in the political threads spewing openly bigoted views. I think it would be cool if someone is on 10 ignore lists, one in 5 of their posts would randomly disappear. Then it escalates from there...if you're on 30 ignore lists, only one in 10 of your posts would ever show up. But I digress.
Tear them apart in the political sub-forum! Keep it on topic, refrain from ad hominem nonsense and all will be good.I get the feeling that my question is going over like a fart in a diver's helmet.

It would be ironic if those lamenting the political and representative process got an anarchic and totalitarian reminder of that which they seek.

I'd be okay with a subforum. I think the #######s would seek it out rather than merely be OK with it.

Because Joe hates baseball.
I have it on good authority that the baseball forum was created so that all the best posters on FBG could convene in one place
I've also noticed that. Baseball is the worst sport, the greatest thread and forum.

Id like an official unofficial politics thread. Basically a thread for discussion about politics with the caveat that any of the main visitors to political threads aren't allowed.

A political discussion thread that excludes top 10 posters in:

Tims thread, Hillary Clinton thread, GOP thread, Ferguson thread, Trayvon Martin thread, and a few others.

Because Joe hates baseball.
I have it on good authority that the baseball forum was created so that all the best posters on FBG could convene in one place
You know how I know you never posted in the Test Forum?

Id like an official unofficial politics thread. Basically a thread for discussion about politics with the caveat that any of the main visitors to political threads aren't allowed.

Tims thread, Hillary Clinton thread, GOP thread, Ferguson thread, Trayvon Martin thread, and a few others.
Damn, so I can still -- for the time being -- show up? :suds:

Yeah...something like that. Confined, but free.

Users who are viewing this thread