What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Survivor 31 -Second Chances. (1 Viewer)

Mile High

Footballguy
Starts September 23rd. 20 returning players.

http://parade.com/415787/joshwigler/jeff-probst-tells-you-everything-you-need-to-know-about-survivor-second-chance/6/

Few Survivors are ever happy about losing immunity challenges, unless its day 15 and youre on the Boran tribe and your name isnt Silas Gaither. The Survivors who lose the first Second Chance immunity challenge will feel the sting of defeat more than most.

Just like the original Quest For Fire in Borneo, the Second Chance version of the challenge will run at dusk. Well have this beautiful light, Probst tells me, thinking ahead two days into the future. Hes right; when the day arrives, its beautiful. But for ten of the Second Chancers, beauty is a beast.

Theres no time to go back to camp, says Probst, so the losing tribe will leave directly from the challenge and go right to Tribal.Its bad news for anyone on the losing tribe, especially anyone without solid partners or plans in place ahead of running the immunity challenge. Normally, they have hours to go back and start talking to their alliance, Probst says. Now, youre going to have to hope that you talked earlier because if not, youre screwed.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/24/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-immunity-idols-challenges

Relevant info:

The first thing were doing with the idols is were making idols look different, so every idol will be unique, says Probst. One idol will look really fancy and the next idol will look like a 5-year-old made it. So when you get an idol, youre going to have to convince somebody its real because theyre going to think it isnt. But that also opens a door to make a fake idol and they wont know which is up and which is down. You can play all angles on this.

But that is just the first wrinkle to the immunity idols, and this reporter could not be more excited about the second. While the look of the idols will be different, so will the location of where you can find them. For the first time ever, idols will hidden in the middle of challenges. Probst explains: To get an idol youre going to have to do something that you, Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly, have been pitching for years along with us which is hiding the idol in the middle of a challenge. So heres how it will work: Day 1, they start building their shelter, you know people are going to start looking for an idol. Theyre going to find it in a tree or under a trunk whatever. But it will be a clue and the clue will say, Good news, the idol is within reach. You just have to be daring enough to grab it. And were going to have a drawing [of the challenge]. You will know exactly where it is. There is no search. The only question is, can you do it in front of your tribe in the middle of a challenge and get away with it? I love that.
Cast List

S1 Borneo - Kelly Wiglesworth

S2 Outback - Kimmi Kappenberg, Jeff Varner

S7 Pearl Islands - Andrew Savage

S12 Panama - Terry Deitz

S15 China - Peih-Gee Law

S18 Tocantins - Stephen Fishbach

S19 Samoa - Monica Padilla

S25 Philippines - Abi-Maria Gomes

S27 Blood vs. Water - Vytas Baskauskas, Ciera Eastin

S28 Cagayan - Tasha Fox, Spencer Bledsoe, Yung "Woo" Hwang, Kass McQuillen

S29 San Juan del Sur - Kelley Wentworth, Jeremy Collins, Keith Nale

S30 Worlds Apart - Joe Anglim, Shirin Oskooi

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the bit about the idols a few weeks ago. I'm always in. Not sure how this will work out, but I do love the fact that they are always tweaking it.

It's amazing this show is still around. Not that it's bad (and I wouldn't even know if it was because I haven't watched it in over 10 years) I'm just amazed because everything gets cancelled nowadays as people get bored so easily.

In, as always, but I hate when people are brought back.
I love it
I hate it for a couple reasons; people already have a rep and they start ahead of, or behind in the game based on that and Im sure thousands of people audition for the show, yet they allow others to return. I find it hard to believe they cant find sixteen players just as good, or better, than those who have already failed to win (in most cases).

Less than a week away before we start. I'd like to see Joe, Spencer or Ciera win as they are good and strong competitors but because they are that, they will have targets on their backs too. I can't recall all of the second chancers, even though I've watched every season, but I say Kass or Shirin or Abi are gone first

In as always. Pulling for Spencer, Joe, Woo, and Stephen. Only one I feel strongly about not winning is Abi-Maria, although Shirin is close. I'd like Kass to stick around a little while just because she and Spencer have had wars on Twitter.

Edit to add definitely pulling against Vytas, missed his name on my read through. So if I have a top 4 I'll also pick a bottom 4 to be symmetrical:

Abi-Maria

Vytas

Shirin

Kimmi

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot: When the last finale aired and the cast was set, I made a bet with my daughter where I offered her the option of picking 2 players or the rest of the field. She chose to pick two and went with Woo & Spencer. I think I'm going to lose as both are great choices. And I agree that Kass can't be voted off soon enough. I hope they go a bit old school and make this group suffer a bit more like the early days and not "spoil" them with extra food and comforts so early/often. I wouldn't mind and old school gross food challenge too.

:blackdot: When the last finale aired and the cast was set, I made a bet with my daughter where I offered her the option of picking 2 players or the rest of the field. She chose to pick two and went with Woo & Spencer. I think I'm going to lose as both are great choices. And I agree that Kass can't be voted off soon enough. I hope they go a bit old school and make this group suffer a bit more like the early days and not "spoil" them with extra food and comforts so early/often. I wouldn't mind and old school gross food challenge too.
For what's it worth, from the little info that has been leaked, sounds like the conditions were pretty brutal.

If I can make a request, let's not post anything that isn't on the show itself (even their social media accounts). Someone last year posted that a certain 4 some were having viewing parties together. Even someone posting that Jeff said the winner would be one of the most popular ever was a tip off as there was no way the other finalists fit that description.

Just a request.

Bump for tonight

Not really a "Spoiler"... but it is a twist on normal game play that others may want to be surprised about tonight so.. Corporation do not click!! ;)

Based on an interview with Jeff, tonight's first tribal is "lose and go directly to Tribal".. No chance to plan or talk. Should make for a fun first tribal..

snogger said:
Bump for tonight

Not really a "Spoiler"... but it is a twist on normal game play that others may want to be surprised about tonight so.. Corporation do not click!! ;)

Based on an interview with Jeff, tonight's first tribal is "lose and go directly to Tribal".. No chance to plan or talk. Should make for a fun first tribal..
:lmao: thanks man!

Has the makings of a good season, watching last night there ended up being more players I like than I initially thought when the announced everyone at the reunion show.

Keith was killing it last night.

Has the makings of a good season, watching last night there ended up being more players I like than I initially thought when the announced everyone at the reunion show.

Keith was killing it last night.
Keith cracks me up - he's one player I'm happy to see again.

I really like the twist on the idol.... that was fun watching Kelly squirm during the challenge.

Watching Fish trying to break the branch :lmao:

No chance Abi is able to to act like an adult much longer. In a semi-related note, I still dont understand the story Peih gave about the braclet ending up in her bag.

Good start to the season. Abi didn't waste any time scrapping her game plan of being nicer to people. She gone.

Yoga in everyone's face wearing nothing but panties. Nice move there, dummy.

No chance Abi is able to to act like an adult much longer. In a semi-related note, I still dont understand the story Peih gave about the braclet ending up in her bag.
Said she saw this empty bag hanging there, so I guess she thought it was ok to just take for her own. Peih, you didn't think it might belong to anyone? :loco:

Thief!

No chance Abi is able to to act like an adult much

longer. In a semi-related note, I still dont understand the story Peih gave about the braclet ending up in her bag.
Said she saw this empty bag hanging there, so I guess she thought it was ok to just take for her own. Peih, you didn't think it might belong to anyone? :loco:

Thief!
Meh...someone snagging a bag that doesn't belong to them happens hourly in Cambodia

Users who are viewing this thread