What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (1 Viewer)

......They say Rawls will be out 4-6 weeks...
Can you show me where you have seen that? Are you interpreting "a few weeks" to 4-6?  You are probably right but I have not seen any real confirmation on the amount of time yet.

4-6 weeks means I am dropping him.

Hew as dropped in my league today. I have sentimental ties to Rawls because I rode him to championship last year. My first instinct when I saw he was dropped was, "Oh boy I can get him back on my team." My gut is usually right, but I wish there was a better timeline for his return. Some hairline fractures heal quickly. I looked at his film this year and something is not right, but I do remember how effective he was as a runner last year. I'll probably put in a small bid. If he can get healthy by week 10-12 and earn the starting job back (or by that time CMike could be dealing with an injury or bad behavior/performance) he could work out for playoff bound teams.

They said he was always their starter when healthy, and that was said this year. I feel that they would give the job back to him if he was healthy, but the first hurdle is ... will he be healthy? I think it helps they have an early bye week and they didn't place him on IR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop for Kenneth Dixon, Howard (Chi), Washington (Det), Ivory?
I'd rather have any of those four over Rawls, especially if I needed help asap. 

Rawls was dropped in one of my leagues. I'm assuming that dude didn't understand that we have IR spots so I picked him up and swapped him out with Ladarius Green. If you can stash Rawls for free I'm all for it but since he's not guaranteed a featured role when healthy he's not worth holding on to IMO.

I assume the last two pages of discussion revolved primarily around redraft.  What are dynasty owners doing with Rawls?  Looking to trade to a sucker at low value, or holding until next year hoping he has a CJ Anderson type revival?

I assume the last two pages of discussion revolved primarily around redraft.  What are dynasty owners doing with Rawls?  Looking to trade to a sucker at low value, or holding until next year hoping he has a CJ Anderson type revival?
I am holding in hopes he returns.  No one wants him in my 14 team league.  Could get Matt Jones but that is about it.

I own Rawls on a Dynasty team and a Redraft team.

I'm dropping in redraft (have a claim in for Howard) and holding in Dynasty.

Wow....you drop guys are on crack. I guess if you are in an 8 team league maybe or if its a non-competitive league......crazy talk. 
I literally traded Crowell for him right before it announced that he had this injury. I really want to grab Kenneth Dixon but I can't fathom dropping him. If CMike struggles, goes back to his old ways of disappointing or gets injured, Rawls is the play. Too many things could go wrong to put all my eggs in the CMike basket right now.

Wow....you drop guys are on crack. I guess if you are in an 8 team league maybe or if its a non-competitive league......crazy talk. 
Why?  I had him in my 12 team league and dropped him for Duke Johnson.  I don't have room for an injured guy that may not be the main back when he returns on my bench.

Why?  I had him in my 12 team league and dropped him for Duke Johnson.  I don't have room for an injured guy that may not be the main back when he returns on my bench.
Duke Johnson?  He isn't even the feature back on the worst team in football.  At least with Rawls, you have a guy who can produce like a RB1 if he comes back healthy.  I would never hope I would be in a position where I would have to start Duke Johnson.

Duke Johnson?  He isn't even the feature back on the worst team in football.  At least with Rawls, you have a guy who can produce like a RB1 if he comes back healthy.  I would never hope I would be in a position where I would have to start Duke Johnson.
Id take Duke over Rawls too at this point if it's redraft PPR. I think Rawls is toast for the season. 

We're getting into the meat of your FF season(redraft) where if your going to be 2-2 or worse you need
help. You can't wait the 4(or longer) weeks for it. We are not talking about a point producing starter you
had this season and waiting to plug back in. Your waiver wire probably looks like RBBC guys like O Darkwa,
K Barner, F Whitaker, .......pick one and take the points.

Except in short bench leagues I would not drop him.  The return you'll get on a player on the waiver wire is much less than it is with Rawls. He still has higher upside and a clearer path to starting.  He was clearly hurt at the beginning of the year and may have time to get healthy.

Like most things in fantasy, not a sure thing. But I'd hold him before picking up a player off the waivers unless you need production in the next few weeks.

Except in short bench leagues I would not drop him.  The return you'll get on a player on the waiver wire is much less than it is with Rawls. He still has higher upside and a clearer path to starting.  He was clearly hurt at the beginning of the year and may have time to get healthy.

Like most things in fantasy, not a sure thing. But I'd hold him before picking up a player off the waivers unless you need production in the next few weeks.
Exactly. I can't see exactly what happens. An owner drops Rawls for a scrub like Fozzy Whitaker. Another owner scoops up Rawls and stashes him in the bench. Later in the season when Rawls gets healthy and CMike starts to wear down or be ineffective, Rawls comes in and helps teams win in the fantasy playoffs.

With a heavy heart I just dropped him.  6 man bench - with injuries mounting I just couldn't stash him.  Made the decision after reading that Bramel thinks its at least 6 weeks and likely more before he returns.  The Spiller signing was just icing.

I figure he won't be back until week 10 at the earliest.  Then he'll need at least a couple of weeks as he is eased in and gets into game shape.  So we are talking week 13 or so.  And who knows how CMike will do.  Likely turns into some form of RBBC at best.

Take this Fwiw but I'm hearing rumors he's out for the year. Could easily be wrong but my source has been right about a few things this year regarding the Seahawks. He told me it was Rawls backfield as soon as he was ready to play before that story broke and he said Graham was healthier then the Seahawks were letting on. 

Again take it Fwiw. I'm not promising that it's accurate. 

Not good for Rawls. Chalk it up to a lost season IMO. If I own him in Redraft, I'm dropping him and not giving it too much thought.

In dynasty I'm holding. I guess if someone was crazy enough to give me a 1st for him then I'd sell, but you'd probably be lucky to get a 2nd from a contender that projects to be late. I tried to sell my Rawls shares in Jan/Feb when his value was still relatively high and when I couldn't get anything done I had to hold.  There's just no reason to sell him this low in dynasty unless you find the random owner that will give you more than he "should" right now.

Don't Noonan said:
So you'd rather have zero points instead of 7 to 10 points?  I can at least use Duke right now if I have to whereas I can't use Rawls.  I don't have any confidence in Rawls even being that big of a deal when healthy because he's going to share carries with Michaels behind a terrible line.  I've been seeing Rawls dropped in most of my leagues.  If for some reason I get some news that he's healthy and will be the feature back I'll pick him up again.  As for now, there are better options.

Take this Fwiw but I'm hearing rumors he's out for the year. Could easily be wrong but my source has been right about a few things this year regarding the Seahawks. He told me it was Rawls backfield as soon as he was ready to play before that story broke and he said Graham was healthier then the Seahawks were letting on. 

Again take it Fwiw. I'm not promising that it's accurate. 
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm keeping him on the ol' watch list along with Spiller, Collins and Procise. I'm thinking Michael isn't as solid as the game vs the 9ers would indicate and the Hawks will want to get more out of the position, possibly in committee.

My RBs are Gio Bernard, Theo Riddick, Duke Johnson, T.J. Yeldon and Kenyon Drake right now.  None are amazing but they are getting the job done.  If need be I'll drop Drake and pick Rawls back up.  Right now Drake and Yeldon are the next to get dumped.

So you'd rather have zero points instead of 7 to 10 points?  I can at least use Duke right now if I have to whereas I can't use Rawls.  I don't have any confidence in Rawls even being that big of a deal when healthy because he's going to share carries with Michaels behind a terrible line.  I've been seeing Rawls dropped in most of my leagues.  If for some reason I get some news that he's healthy and will be the feature back I'll pick him up again.  As for now, there are better options.
No, I would rather hold Rawls on my bench rather than Duke Johnson.  If your bench is that short then I could see picking up Duke.  

No, I would rather hold Rawls on my bench rather than Duke Johnson.  If your bench is that short then I could see picking up Duke.  
I just don't see the upside in Rawls this year.  I don't see him doing what he did last year unless Michaels gets hurt.

Not sure why they aren't just IR'ing him. His year is shot anyway. 
Hardly. If they didn't think he was going to return in less than 8 weeks, they wouldn't hold a roster spot open for him. Cmike poses an obstacle when he comes back but it all could be moot with even the slightest of injury. He's a hold in a redraft especially when you look at the scrap heap of offerings out there.

Hardly. If they didn't think he was going to return in less than 8 weeks, they wouldn't hold a roster spot open for him. Cmike poses an obstacle when he comes back but it all could be moot with even the slightest of injury. He's a hold in a redraft especially when you look at the scrap heap of offerings out there.
I heard he was getting IR'ed but I guess I was wrong. Interesting that they didn't IR him though if he's out through OCT. They are holding a valuable roster spot for 2 weeks. With one of those weeks being his first week back where he most likely won't be used much? The entire situation seems weird really. Most teams would IR a player (designated to return) in that situation.

I heard he was getting IR'ed but I guess I was wrong. Interesting that they didn't IR him though if he's out through OCT. They are holding a valuable roster spot for 2 weeks. With one of those weeks being his first week back where he most likely won't be used much? The entire situation seems weird really. Most teams would IR a player (designated to return) in that situation.
I never heard a word about an IR. It's a hairline fracture. A fracture of this nature may only take a few weeks but can also take months depending on their personal ability to heal. He's got youth on his side but you never know. I'm sure that's why Seattle has refused to fully commit to an IR (DTR) with this condition. If he does return in a timely manner, he either becomes handcuff #1 to own in the league or is inserted right back into the lineup as a timeshare or feature back. Either way, it's worth the gamble.

I never heard a word about an IR. It's a hairline fracture. A fracture of this nature may only take a few weeks but can also take months depending on their personal ability to heal. He's got youth on his side but you never know. I'm sure that's why Seattle has refused to fully commit to an IR (DTR) with this condition.
hmmm so if he's not healing very fast when they take a look at it in a week or two he could be IR'ed for the year. I see now.

Users who are viewing this thread