What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (1 Viewer)

As a Lynch owner, what would be fair compensation to get him as a handcuff. I'm hesitant to pay too much with Fred Jackson there as well. Even though Jackson is hurt as well now, it doesn't mean Rawls has value and is the handcuff later on.

As a Lynch owner, what would be fair compensation to get him as a handcuff. I'm hesitant to pay too much with Fred Jackson there as well. Even though Jackson is hurt as well now, it doesn't mean Rawls has value and is the handcuff later on.
He was just dropped in one of my leagues (12 teams, medium size benches). I can't rationalize dropping anyone for him because I don't own Lynch and he didn't do well last week. I would assume others are in the same boat and they are seeing him as someone with a high risk of zero value. I would start low from the bottom of the bench if you really want him. Bye week replacement type or, if you need him, a flyer that might pay off.

Maybe it would be better to send Lynch to that team in a trade/bundle.

trying to sell Rawls to the Lynch owner capitalizing on FJax's injury as the time to sell. What offers are people getting/giving. He doesn't have much I like on his team other than Keenan Allen and Gore which I doubt he'll bit. the rest is kinda meh IMO: P Garcon, D. Murray, J Graham.

I don't know if I can start this guy again. That OLine was brutal and this is a very tough matchup. But he has NO competition for touches. I do have other options this week unlike last week

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I can start this guy again. That OLine was brutal and this is a very tough matchup. But he has NO competition for touches. I do have other options this week unlike last week
its spiller or rawls for me (unless alshon's hamstring replacement miraculously holds). i think the fact rawls has no competition for touches will point the needle in his favor

I'm in the same boat. I could go Sims in a dual flex spot and I'd really like to since he's catching passes and scoring TDs. But I'm leaning toward Rawls because his competition for touches is small with Jackson hurt. I'll probably go back and forth on this one right up till gametime Sunday.

I'll post the ranks in a bit, but next 4 weeks or so are going against teams that give some of the most fantasy points to RBs ( all in top 10 easiest match ups for Fantasy RBs).

I just acqured Lynch, having Rawls as insurance, but I think matchups will have me starting Woodhead over him.

I'm between Rawls/Abdullah. Rawls has hardly any competition for touches with FJax out but Seattle's O-line looked terrible against Detroit. Abdullah is going against Arizona which is a bad matchup.

I'll probably go with Rawls based on volume.

Bad week to plug him in. Would you guys try to sell him to the Lynch owner or wait expecting further bad news with Lynch?

Just looking at the Cincinnati Defense, they rank #22 out of 32 teams in yds/attempt allowed, however they've given up the 7th fewest total rushing yards. So they don't get run on often, but when they do, they're not very good at stopping it.

HOWEVER, they are the only team yet to give up a rushing touchdown this year.

Im deciding between rawls and duke as my flex. Last week i chose rawls, this week i have duke in there. I'll probably be wrong both times.

Rawls is in at flex over Jordan Matthews vs. NO or Mega vs. Arz?

I know this isn't a WDIS, but wanted to show the difficult decisions and how I'm weighing it:

Matthews gets targets and Bradford/philly offense starting to show some life. NO pass def is poor which should support chip Kelley's plan

Mega is Mega...he's struggling, but hard to sit him even if he's facing a tough def

Rawls underperformed vs. a tough, determined Def last week (afterall Det was #3 last year) and the Oline su(cked. but, who else is there to get touches. he could be a 3-down/everydown back and get 25 touches. Cincy will push Sea to score, so if they get down near the goalline, Rawls has a 50:50 chance to punch it in (assuming Carroll have a brain fart like he did in the superbowl).

just based on opportunity, I'm leaning rawls and will probably sit Matthews because it's still hard to trust that eagle's offense

I know this isn't a WDIS, but wanted to show the difficult decisions and how I'm weighing it:

Matthews gets targets and Bradford/philly offense starting to show some life. NO pass def is poor which should support chip Kelley's plan

Mega is Mega...he's struggling, but hard to sit him even if he's facing a tough def

Rawls underperformed vs. a tough, determined Def last week (afterall Det was #3 last year) and the Oline su(cked. but, who else is there to get touches. he could be a 3-down/everydown back and get 25 touches. Cincy will push Sea to score, so if they get down near the goalline, Rawls has a 50:50 chance to punch it in (assuming Carroll have a brain fart like he did in the superbowl).

just based on opportunity, I'm leaning rawls and will probably sit Ma

tthews because it's still hard to trust that eagle's offense
You're insane if you start Rawls over Matthews or Megatron.

just based on opportunity, I'm leaning rawls and will probably sit Ma

tthews because it's still hard to trust that eagle's offense
You're insane if you start Rawls over Matthews or Megatron.
I have to agree here as well.

The Gator said:
Got a 2nd (likely 2.1 or 2.2) for Rawls before last weekend's games
I think that's a fair price, though you might have been to get even better, depending on league scoring and rosters. I see 10-12 rookies this year I would have preferred to Rawls and his situation. The Seahawks seem sold on him, as well.

Somebody dropped him in my league too. Standard scoring. Would you drop Matt Jones, David Johnson or CMike for him?

i have a hard time trusting Rawls. Think I'm going to roll the dice with golden tate at flex over Rawls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody dropped him in my league too. Standard scoring. Would you drop Matt Jones, David Johnson or CMike for him?
For this week I'd start him over all those guys.
Definitely but does he have the season long value those guys seem to have?
Think you are just looking at injury situation at that point. All those guys need something to happen to have a significant bump in value. Really anyone's guess at this point. If you have any of the other guys on those teams that helps pick one.

Think you are just looking at injury situation at that point. All those guys need something to happen to have a significant bump in value. Really anyone's guess at this point. If you have any of the other guys on those teams that helps pick one.
I have Randle so likely keeping CMike. Other two can go but have shown immense skill at the position IMO.

Just looking at Rawls bc looks like Lynch is more likely to see time out than Morris or Ellington+CJ2K.

I have Randle so likely keeping CMike. Other two can go but have shown immense skill at the position IMO. Just looking at Rawls bc looks like Lynch is more likely to see time out than Morris or Ellington+CJ2K.
I'm faced with deciding between Rawls and David Johnson as well (short benches + bye weeks). I'll keep Rawls. I figure all of those situations rely on waiting for someone to get hurt, and Lynch is already hurt.

I'm sure Johnson will blow up now. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread