What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (1 Viewer)

in terms of future draft picks in a dynasty league, what's he worth? a top 4 pick in 2016? more? less?
They like him, but Im not sure he is the long term solution. I think they will look to replace Lynch with a RB in the 2016 draft or 2017 draft. The best hope is you get the end of this year and 2016 out of Rawls.
Or sell him when it looks like Lynch is out of the way. He's shown enough that people will simply assume he'll be a workhorse RB1 (discounting the potential for competition to be brought in, a potential RBBC, etc.), and at least a few will be willing to pay you accordingly. The about what Hill could have netted you last offseason.

Cash in on that assumption and convert that value into a more established/stable commodity.
Well I was the buyer. I paid what's currently the #7 rookie pick in the upcoming rookie draft for him. If news comes out that Lynch is shutting it down, I will likely be able to sell for more - but in the meantime I'm using him till I know what the deal is with Forte and Lacy.
I think that was a wise investment. You should be able to sell him for a (probably significant) profit...likely before next year even begins.

If Lynch hangs them up after the season, I'd try to move him to someone that's hot for him before the draft (assuming there's an offer out there worth your while). If the Seahawks take someone high, or bring in a noted pass-catcher for COP duties, it'll kill his buzz somewhat.

Yea Boiiiiiii!!! Hung on thanks to this guy. Please Lynch take one for the team and rest it up for the NFL playoffs. I need me some Rawls.

Impressive list.

Thomas Rawls ranks 9th all-time in NFL history for rushing yardage in a game in a rookie season. The only guys on this list who didn't have a long and successful careers were Mike Anderson from Denver but he did 'alright' for a few years but never got near his incredible rookie performance when he was named rookie of the year in 2000 (1,487 rush yards and 15 TDs) but he did have one other 1,000 yard season in his fifth season before burning out. And up to this year Doug Martin but he has obviously had an amazing come-back year and looks strong to continue.

Look over and check out the careers for the rest of the backs on this list. Granted they all had better pedigrees in terms of draft stock but the NFL has changed in how RBs are drafted but the fact Rawls is even here should make a dent on his potential.

--------------------------------------------

.Brian Nemhauser@hawkblogger Nov 22

10 rookies have rushed for 209+ yds in a game

1. Doug Martin

2. DeMarco Murray

3. A Peterson

4. C Portis

5. M Anderson

6. C Dillon

7. J Bettis

8. Bo Jackson

9. T Rawls

Glad I own him and it's amazing to see the strides this guy has made since his early Michigan days. He showed very little talent before he eventually walked to CMU.

.Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 18h18 hours ago

At least. RT @bcondotta: Pete Carroll implies it would be unlikely Marshawn Lynch could play Sunday against Steelers.

.Rich Hribar@LordReebs Nov 22

Thomas Rawls now has games of 104, 169 and now 209 yards on the ground. Marshawn Lynch has topped 73 rushing yards just once on the year.

SEA is bringing back Bryce Brown. Huge news for Rawls owners.

Seahawks re-signed RB Bryce Brown.
It's the latest sign that Marshawn Lynch (abdomen) will miss Week 12. Brown slots in behind Thomas Rawls and Fred Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start Rawls w/ confidence this week?
Is there a RB out there you have a lot more confidence in this year at THIS point? Few teams are as committed to the run as Seattle.
According to this infographic posted by @4for4_john (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUmQ9PiWUAAcG3e.png), Rawls has to face the 1st and 2nd ranked run DST in PIT & MIN over the next 2 weeks.

I'm having a tough time picking two out of Rawls, Stewart, and John Brown... Probably go Rawls/Stewart... But John Brown faces the 49ers.. Decisions decisions

Is there a RB out there you have a lot more confidence in this year at THIS point? Few teams are as committed to the run as Seattle.
Well, at this point (this weekend), he's playing a rested team who's coming off a bye and is pretty good against the run as it is. After this game, though, two average matchups and then a great game at home vs maybe the worst run defense in the league.

According to this infographic posted by @4for4_john (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUmQ9PiWUAAcG3e.png), Rawls has to face the 1st and 2nd ranked run DST in PIT & MIN over the next 2 weeks.I'm having a tough time picking two out of Rawls, Stewart, and John Brown... Probably go Rawls/Stewart... But John Brown faces the 49ers.. Decisions decisions
It's not ideal but it is in Seattle which helps. Also, they have shown they will utilize him in the pass game if he is getting stuffed.

Well, at this point (this weekend), he's playing a rested team who's coming off a bye and is pretty good against the run as it is. After this game, though, two average matchups and then a great game at home vs maybe the worst run defense in the league.
What are we looking at here from him against PIT, 20/80/1? is that to optimistic?

What are we looking at here from him against PIT, 20/80/1? is that to optimistic?
I'm thinking around 22 for 70 yds rush 8 yds receiving 0 TD ... Steelers are going to be ready for him

I'm thinking around 22 for 70 yds rush 8 yds receiving 0 TD ... Steelers are going to be ready for him
You think? Why would they have been game planning for a back-up RB before last Sunday? Not a ton of tape out there on Rawls, but he's not all that different than Lynch I suppose. Maybe a bit quicker. I agree it'll be more of a challenge than the 49ers... but then again it is at home and PIT has to make the cross country journey.

You think? Why would they have been game planning for a back-up RB before last Sunday? Not a ton of tape out there on Rawls, but he's not all that different than Lynch I suppose. Maybe a bit quicker. I agree it'll be more of a challenge than the 49ers... but then again it is at home and PIT has to make the cross country journey.
If it seems to good to be true ...it usually is

Sharc produced vs PIT. They seem to have similar pass catching skills which gives a nice floor in PPR. I'd say 10-12 is the floor, 50-100 yards rushing and .5 TD so 20+ is the potential. Not a lot of guys catch passes and get so many carry opps.

Adam Shefter reports :Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch needs "a couple weeks to see how he does" and "to see if he can recover" from an injury, per source. For now.

How accurate is Adam Shefter.. Also is it me or is Lynch perhaps taking a wait n see to see if the Hawks get back in contention for playoff spot then he decides hey im recovered and I'm back n if they lose he just has surgery n goes to ir.. Maybe he does want to get waived next year

I own Rawls in 4 of 6 leagues, so I am very excited to see this development.

I have to say this as a Niners fan, though... Temper expectations. He does look really good and has every game so far, not just against SF. However. San Fran had a lot of issues on defense and was demoralized this weekend. Truly pathetic and gave up. There was no fight and even Bowman clearly just wanted to go home. The youth on that defense was just overwhelmed. I'm psyched for Rawls to lead my teams to championships but don't be disappointed if he gets 60 yards and no TDs this weekend. He could be stellar but there is some downside this week.

Rawls has had 100 yards every game he's played.. Not saying he's going to run for 100 every game but in three starts he has almost 600 total yards n 4 tds now that's no fluke n simply amazing

Summary Published

1. Report: Beast Mode to miss 'about 4-5 we... (Rotoworld) FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports "indications" are Marshawn Lynch (abdomen) is expected to miss "about 4-5 weeks" with the hope that he's back by late-December. Analysis: If Lynch misses only the next four weeks in this best-case scenario, that would have him back for Week 16, also known as fantasy championship week, against the Rams. Expecting him back that soon would be wishful thinking, so odds are Lynch will provide zero help the rest of the way. Thomas Rawls is locked in as the Seahawks' No. 1 running back the remainder of the re-draft season. Owners in a... (More)

Was just offered Melvin Gordon and Carlos Hyde for this guy from a team desperately needing two wins the next two weeks to make the playoffs. Dynasty league....

Is Brown the handcuff for Rawls now?
No way, FJax
This
Wouldn't F-Jax continue with his 3rd down duties as opposed to being an every down back?
If Rawls goes down, Seattle is screwed.

FJax is old and slow. He doesn't have nearly enough juice left to be an every-down back.
So it would make sense to infer that Brown would get early down work with F-Jax sprinkled in while handling 3rd downs?

Is Brown the handcuff for Rawls now?
No way, FJax
This
Wouldn't F-Jax continue with his 3rd down duties as opposed to being an every down back?
If Rawls goes down, Seattle is screwed.

FJax is old and slow. He doesn't have nearly enough juice left to be an every-down back.
So it would make sense to infer that Brown would get early down work with F-Jax sprinkled in while handling 3rd downs?
Possibly. Sig thinks FJax could be a feature back for 2-3 weeks, but I don't agree. It could be a 50/50 split.

So what is the consensus of Lynch coming back to Seattle? In a unique contract league I have the opportunity to extend Rawls another year, but then he's uncuttable.

I wonder how good the Steelers run-d really is. If you look at the offenses they've faced, very few actually run the ball well.

1- @New England - 28th rushing offense - Dion Lewis went 15-69. 4.6 ypc. The rest was Brady.

2 - San Francisco - 18th rushing offense - 49ers actually ran for over 100 yards but 50 of it was Kap

3 - @St Louis - 7th rushing offense but this was Gurley's 1st game and he only got 6 carries

4 - Baltimore - 22nd rushing offense

5 - @San Diego - 30th rushing offense

6 - Arizona - 10th rushing offense - stuffed them while Palmer threw for 421 yds

7 - @Kansas City - 9th rushing offense - West went 22-110-1, 5.0 ypc and 2-19 receiving

8 - Cincinnati - 12th rushing offense - stopped them but Hill still had 4.0 ypc

9 - Oakland - 23rd rushing offense - Murray went 17-96-0, 5.6 ypc

10 - Cleveland - 31st rushing offense

Throwing out the St Louis game, they have faced 3 rushing offenses in the top 12 and stopped 2 of them at home. The 3rd, on the road, roughed them up pretty good and controlled the game.

Seattle is the top rushing offense in the league and playing at home. Of course, Wilson's rushing stats skews their ranking but his running only helps Rawls.

So what is the consensus of Lynch coming back to Seattle? In a unique contract league I have the opportunity to extend Rawls another year, but then he's uncuttable.
That seems like pretty low risk for a pretty big reward. Rawls would probably be rosterable even if Lynch came back and worst case I'd think you'd have no trouble trading him to the Lynch owner next year.

I wonder how good the Steelers run-d really is. If you look at the offenses they've faced, very few actually run the ball well.

1- @New England - 28th rushing offense - Dion Lewis went 15-69. 4.6 ypc. The rest was Brady.

2 - San Francisco - 18th rushing offense - 49ers actually ran for over 100 yards but 50 of it was Kap

3 - @St Louis - 7th rushing offense but this was Gurley's 1st game and he only got 6 carries

4 - Baltimore - 22nd rushing offense

5 - @San Diego - 30th rushing offense

6 - Arizona - 10th rushing offense - stuffed them while Palmer threw for 421 yds

7 - @Kansas City - 9th rushing offense - West went 22-110-1, 5.0 ypc and 2-19 receiving

8 - Cincinnati - 12th rushing offense - stopped them but Hill still had 4.0 ypc

9 - Oakland - 23rd rushing offense - Murray went 17-96-0, 5.6 ypc

10 - Cleveland - 31st rushing offense

Throwing out the St Louis game, they have faced 3 rushing offenses in the top 12 and stopped 2 of them at home. The 3rd, on the road, roughed them up pretty good and controlled the game.

Seattle is the top rushing offense in the league and playing at home. Of course, Wilson's rushing stats skews their ranking but his running only helps Rawls.
Good points.

Another one is that Pittsburgh is leaky against the pass, so teams are less likely to run. And when game scripts dictate trying to keep up with or catch up to Ben and Company's scoring assaults, the run gets abandoned.

More than likely, SEA can keep the game close, and we know they are committed to the run game.

If Murray can go 17/96/0 cross country in PIT then I'm happy to take my chances with Rawls at home.

About Seattle's run game, their RBs have 1095 yards rushing on the year. That's 6th but it's just good enough for 16th most FFP scored by team RBs on the year. A good chunk of that is already Rawls though. I think this is a rare instance of where talent meets an already good but underappreciated opportunity. Lynch has been limited so there is a lot of room to improve there.

Pittsburgh has allowed 803 yards rushing to RBs this year (24th), but the key is they have only allowed 2 TDs rushing and 0 TDs receiving to RBs. That TD allowed component is very opponent and gameplan dependent. Think about what Murray did to the KC defense last year when they had a very similar low TDs rushing allowed number. Pittsburgh has also had very few attempts against them, 242, which is the 6th lowest number in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread