What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (2 Viewers)

Long Ball Larry said:
Long Ball Larry said:
Insein said:
Just changed from 101 to 99. What happened?
I assume he had a negative carry.

CBS ticker was showing 99 like a half-hour ago. I think that MFL just caught up.
NOt totally sure here. Fox and ESPN still say 101. LAst 2 plays of the game were Tarvaris JAckson for -1 yard each.
Yahoo still at 101. I'm assuming this is the official stat?

Is The Beast Yet To Come, Or What?

How will Pete and the staff manage Lynch's re-integration into the offense and manage his touches? Will Lynch even be effective? Will he return at all, for that matter? And when, exactly? The eventual decision is made more complex by the on-field performance of the two men.

2015 Rawls: 150 touches for 862 yards and five scores

2015 Lynch: 124 touches for 497 yards and three scores

Oh yes there is plenty more. Without going into each runner's style and skillset, one important number leaps out:

2015 Rawls: 5.6 YPC

2015 Lynch: 3.8 YPC (his lowest since joining the Hawks full time)

And then, one of my favorites, success rate. Is the play a success (earning at least half the distance to a first down, or converting a third down) when you hand it off to one of these guys?

2015 Rawls: 61 percent

2015 Lynch: 50 percent

In the previous two seasons, Lynch had accumulated 654 touches, scoring 31 times. A touchdown for every 21 times you got him the ball. Those aren't just monster fantasy stats -- they're Cantonesque.

Yet with him on the bench this season, the Seahawks have scored more frequently, more consistently, just more more.

With Lynch: 31, 17, 26, 13, 23, 20, 13. Average of 21.9 points.

Without Lynch: 24, 29, 39, 38 points. Average of 32.5 points.

When Lynch and Rawls share duties: 32 points.

The sample size is small and the opposition faced plays a part, no doubt. But when combined with the other stats listed above, it becomes really hard to say the 2015 offense has functioned better with Lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is The Beast Yet To Come, Or What?

How will Pete and the staff manage Lynch's re-integration into the offense and manage his touches? Will Lynch even be effective? Will he return at all, for that matter? And when, exactly? The eventual decision is made more complex by the on-field performance of the two men.

2015 Rawls: 150 touches for 862 yards and five scores

2015 Lynch: 124 touches for 497 yards and three scores

Oh yes there is plenty more. Without going into each runner's style and skillset, one important number leaps out:

2015 Rawls: 5.6 YPC

2015 Lynch: 3.8 YPC (his lowest since joining the Hawks full time)

And then, one of my favorites, success rate. Is the play a success (earning at least half the distance to a first down, or converting a third down) when you hand it off to one of these guys?

2015 Rawls: 61 percent

2015 Lynch: 50 percent

In the previous two seasons, Lynch had accumulated 654 touches, scoring 31 times. A touchdown for every 21 times you got him the ball. Those aren't just monster fantasy stats -- they're Cantonesque.

Yet with him on the bench this season, the Seahawks have scored more frequently, more consistently, just more more.

With Lynch: 31, 17, 26, 13, 23, 20, 13. Average of 21.9 points.

Without Lynch: 24, 29, 39, 38 points. Average of 32.5 points.

When Lynch and Rawls share duties: 32 points.

The sample size is small and the opposition faced plays a part, no doubt. But when combined with the other stats listed above, it becomes really hard to say the 2015 offense has functioned better with Lynch.
Why aren't they winning games?

They just showed it again during the panther game and he was doing a quick salute and no tears or anything close. Not rally limping and shaking his head 'yes'. Pretty weird to me.

I don't care if he was smiling,crying or climbing to the top of the stadiums flagpole and doing the Charleston ......he's not playing anymore...and in a one and done playoff situation...that killes you........and IMO, the fact that they called him OUT as quickly as they did doesn't bode well for his immediate future.

I don't care if he was smiling,crying or climbing to the top of the stadiums flagpole and doing the Charleston ......he's not playing anymore...and in a one and done playoff situation...that killes you........and IMO, the fact that they called him OUT as quickly as they did doesn't bode well for his immediate future.
i hear what you are saying but he was walking off without any help and didn't look to be in any pain. Much like a concussion. That's why a few of us are perplexed here.

i hear what you are saying but he was walking off without any help and didn't look to be in any pain. Much like a concussion. That's why a few of us are perplexed here.
Did you see the play?

Players have all kinds of different actions to injuries of various severity. But if you saw the play his lower leg was bent underneath him and then he was pulled back. The type of play that often leads to fractures and/or ligament damage.

I won't speculate on the severity but the play itself and the fact that they ruled him out for the day has me agreeing with the post above about not boding well for his immediate future. I don't see what's so perplexing.

Well Rawls was a gem of a find that saved my season. So I can't complain when this happens. Hope he gets well because the job is there for him to take.

Well, this hurts. I had a bye this week and can't trade for a replacement for Rawls. I'll be forced to roll with Charcandrick West I suppose.

Shame for him. Was probably in line for a starting gig there next year and eventually some money......and the playoffs were going to be a coming out party for him. Hopefully not career or next season threatening.

That sucks.. He was set for a massive day. 44 yards on his only and only series :(

Hopefully they give him a legit shot at the starting job next season

DangeRuss, Lockett, and Baldwin are set to continue their big games the rest of the way w/o Rawls or Lynch

That sucks.. He was set for a massive day. 44 yards on his only and only series :(

Hopefully they give him a legit shot at the starting job next season

DangeRuss, Lockett, and Baldwin are set to continue their big games the rest of the way w/o Rawls or Lynch
Legit chance at starting happens only if lynch not there

Bloody hell.

Too good to be true. Here's hoping Rawlzie gets better soon, I truly enjoyed watching him run this year.

Users who are viewing this thread