SaintsInDome2006

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

1,704 posts in this topic

Vinatieri can't be this bad, can he? Maybe yesterday was the spark the Colts needed. Less games from behind, Luck smarter with the ball and throws away on 3rd down leading to FG opps, etc. He was -1 for me in weeks 1 and 2, then 5 points on XP's only in week 3. Stinks. But I don't want to get hasty. Usually high percentage, trusted kickers on good offenses are worth rostering.

At least the offense improved, but even so it was looking pretty sketchy there for a while.

Vinatieri or Catanzaro

That should not be a hard decision.

Vinatieri or Catanzaro

I am a sucker for a "big name." Ugh. And Arizona never kicks field goals. They just score TDs. Scares me. Edited by LordHusker

@McClain_on_NFL: Texans released Randy Bullock and will sign Nick Novak.

Bullock has been pretty awful. Plus he's fat.

Vinatieri or Catanzaro

I am a sucker for a "big name." Ugh.

Tell me about it. I was giddy Roddy White fell to me in the late rounds. Cut him for a Beamer QB last night.

I had Catanzaro last year down the stretch and have seen several of his games. Dude is legit. He had a bad preseason, missing 3 FGs and a couple PATs in the last game. Perfect through 3 regular season games.

With the high level Palmer is playing at, you are right to be a bit concerned - he hasn't had a ton of FGAs early on. But take a look at their remaining RotS schedule. They'll be a facing good to great defenses in the vast majority of the games. With their defense and a somewhat conservative coach, I could see them settling for a lot of FGs.

Janikowski has a great matchup vs the Bears this week, his last two games have been solid.

Vinatieri or Catanzaro

I am a sucker for a "big name." Ugh.

Tell me about it. I was giddy Roddy White fell to me in the late rounds. Cut him for a Beamer QB last night.

I had Catanzaro last year down the stretch and have seen several of his games. Dude is legit. He had a bad preseason, missing 3 FGs and a couple PATs in the last game. Perfect through 3 regular season games.

With the high level Palmer is playing at, you are right to be a bit concerned - he hasn't had a ton of FGAs early on. But take a look at their remaining RotS schedule. They'll be a facing good to great defenses in the vast majority of the games. With their defense and a somewhat conservative coach, I could see them settling for a lot of FGs.

Thanks for the input. What are your feelings about Gould after last week's goose egg against Seattle? Is he a solid play the rest of the year in your mind?

No on Gould. Just my opinion but Pace has already given up on this season. He knows that no one will take Cutler's contract, so if the report he wants to move Forte is true, that offense will be a complete wasteland.

I've been using Catanzaro and yes the FGs haven't been coming but the guy is solid, kicks in a dome and whilst I like the Cardinals for a deep run this year, they won't maintain this TD pace every game. Just gonna keep playing him and the big games will come. Unless your K all out sucks, chasing points and switching every week can become a frustrating and thankless task.

Edited by TartanLion

After seeing Oakland's improved ability to move the ball, but not capitalize in the red zone, I've become pretty interested in Janikowski again.

Outside of week 1, Jano's been pretty solid. :thumbup:

I'm starting gim in every league until Carr and Co. let me down.

I've been using Catanzaro and yes the FGs haven't been coming but the guy is solid, kicks in a dome and whilst I like the Cardinals for a deep run this year, they won't maintain this TD pace every game. Just gonna keep playing him and the big games will come. Unless your K all out sucks, chasing points and switching every week can become a frustrating and thankless task.

Saw that CC was out on the wire and picked him up. The Cardinals offense is on a record-setting pace right now. I don't care how he's done so far. I just want a piece of that action. Same reason Gostkowski always has value (even if he is inevitably overdrafted).

I almost always go with sleeper kickers, but I ended up with Tucker in one league and Vinatieri in another. I cut Vinatieri, but I knew Tucker and that weird Baltimore offense would come through, great game by Tucker last night. I think I would have put a 1000 on the bar that Antonio Brown would outscore Tucker.

Steelers have 10 days to find another kicker. Any front runners? Who is unemployed that they might be interested in?

File under least shocking news ever

@AdamSchefter: To make room on roster for new kicker Chris Boswell, Steelers officially have released kicker Josh Scobee.

File under least shocking news ever

@AdamSchefter: To make room on roster for new kicker Chris Boswell, Steelers officially have released kicker Josh Scobee.

:kicksrock:

-QG

A 6th rounder & $2.5M guarenteed?

Not the worst signing ever but boy did he blow a great opportunity.

Vinatieri nails the 55 yarder and takes on new value for at least one game with Luck out.

Some seriously awful kicking going on today.

Good lord. They wanted to minimize kickers with the new PAT rule, but this is just nuts.Might just have to get rid of the position entirely.

Despite Cincy having a good offense Nugent just isnt scoring. Back to the WW next week.

rofl at the Jags attempt at a game winning fg...Colts TO might have bailed him out tho

nope, jus gave Myers another chance to embarrass himself

continuing to get killed on kickers. never had this happen before to this degree.

continuing to get killed on kickers. never had this happen before to this degree.

This is awesome. Finally, #kickerslivesmatter.

Wish I had Santos, hot damn

Reid must have had him in fantasy - down 14 with 9:30 to go and he was still kicking field goals...

-QG

It is funny to see all the complaining/commenting on this as back in the day kickers missed FGs much more often.

-QG

Wish I had Santos, hot damn

Go Greenies. That had to be one of the greatest all time FF kicking performances. I think he was a top 10 overall scorer this week in most leagues.