What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

I love byes. Bryant and Lutz were both dropped. Because of injuries I had a slot so picked up Lutz. 7 home games to finish the season, plus his only away game in late season is at ATL. Can't beat that.  I have Gould to cover this week. 
Your post prompted me to do the same in my league. Grabbed Lutz and won't have to mess with the kicker turnstile the ROS after this week. 

Really want to keep Lutz, but don't know that I can really justify it.  Probably will drop him and hope he sneaks through waivers this coming week and pick him back up first thing on Wednesday.

Really want to keep Lutz, but don't know that I can really justify it.  Probably will drop him and hope he sneaks through waivers this coming week and pick him back up first thing on Wednesday.
That was my dilemma. Let him go for Jake from State Farm, hope I get him back. 

All the FBGs rankers have Elliott ranked K34 RoS, presumably because the new IR rules will allow Sturgis to come back for the last 6-7 weeks. Either way I like the PHI K schedule from here on out if I don’t get Lutz back.

Lutz is like K3 & I was like cya. Cannot imagine keeping two. I think maybe I did that one year Neil Rackers hit like 6 50-yarders. 2005?

But K27? I get that he’s been money for years but wow.
Tucker is 81% owned in CBS FF leagues, the 8th most owned kicker. In one random league I see he has the 3rd fewest points of kickers having played a full slate. If that was a RB he'd spend all year on the WW, but people love kickers according to name, past seasons, their team, their country or college, and sometimes they just think they bring good luck. Meanwhile a K choice could mean a +15 point difference, yet a typical owner wouldn't tolerate taking -15 point hit in their RB2 choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tucker is 81% owned in CBS FF leagues, the 8th most owned kicker. In one random league I see he has the 3rd fewest points of kickers having played a full slate. If that was a RB he'd spend all year on the WW, but people love kickers according to name, past seasons, their team, their country or college, and sometimes they just think they bring good luck. Meanwhile a K choice could mean a +15 point difference, yet a typical owner wouldn't tolerate taking -15 point hit in their RB2 choice.
If you play in a kicker league, you should always pay attention to who your kicker is. I lost a championship once because I started Nick Novak in a game that was an utter wipeout against Detroit. Guy saw the field once in the game, while the guy I went up against had Graham Gano the year he scored 20+ points against the Redskins. 

Awful loss.  

SaintsInDome2006 said:
BobbyLayne said:
Lutz is like K3 & I was like cya. Cannot imagine keeping two. I think maybe I did that one year Neil Rackers hit like 6 50-yarders. 2005?

But K27? I get that he’s been money for years but wow.
It’s also the hardest position to accurately predict, mostly because it’s often a function of offensive / RZ inefficiency. It’s realky hard to predict based on matchups; it’s more about game flow.

A lot of Ks high powered offenses rack up PATs but their offenses are so good they don’t always get enough FGA. Of the Top 5 in PATM [in 2017], only Bryant (K2 after several years of mediocrity) finished as a top 5 K. This year only 2 of the Top 5 in PATM are Top 5 in FF points.

Lutz was K8 a year ago and K3 this year. The only real surprise YTD is Zuerlein. Although obviously he’s always had a phenomenal leg, his lack of consistency & the inept Rams offense held hin back in FF. I also think Elliott is a good short term play, you would think Sturgis will get his job back but it’s far from certain.

It’s also the hardest position to accurately predict, mostly because it’s often a function of offensive / RZ inefficiency. It’s realky hard to predict based on matchups; it’s more about game flow.

A lot of Ks high powered offenses rack up PATs but their offenses are so good they don’t always get enough FGA. Of the Top 5 in PATM [in 2017], only Bryant (K2 after several years of mediocrity) finished as a top 5 K. This year only 2 of the Top 5 in PATM are Top 5 in FF points.

Lutz was K8 a year ago and K3 this year. The only real surprise YTD is Zuerlein. Although obviously he’s always had a phenomenal leg, his lack of consistency & the inept Rams offense held hin back in FF. I also think Elliott is a good short term play, you would think Sturgis will get his job back but it’s far from certain.
Yep - a lot of people say “get kickers from high powered offenses”

which is awesome when your kicker has 6 XP & a MFG in a game. :doh:  

we started punishing bad kickers in the league I commission. MFG inside 30 or MPAT is -1. 

We figured if a 25 yard FG is worth 3, then he should lose a point for missing a chippy. 

F’n kickers, man. 

we started punishing bad kickers in the league I commission. MFG inside 30 or MPAT is -1. 

We figured if a 25 yard FG is worth 3, then he should lose a point for missing a chippy. 

F’n kickers, man. 
Conversely, guys on offense that don’t score many TDs but they’re awesome IRL aren’t great FF options (Prater is a good example.)

We penalize as well.

0-19 FG miss (-3)

20-29 FG miss (-2)

30-39 FG miss (-1)

PAT miss (-1)

0-39 FGM +3

40-49 FGM +4

50+ FGM +5

A year Tucker tied an NFL record with 10 FGs of 50 or more (& another 14 40-49.) This year through four games he has a long of 42 (his only FGM of 40+.) Nobody saw that coming.

But I have no allegiance to name or past honors when it comes to kickers. Change ‘em out like they’re dirty socks then find a guy with lots of FGA who has had a bye to ride the second half. I do a fair amount of analysis on Ks & it feels like I get the least ROI of any position.

F’n kickers, man. 
Way back in the early days of my league it was when PATs were actual gimmies. We used to have a rule where if a kicker missed a PAT they'd get -10 points. I don't know whose idea it was lol.

Obviously it didn't happen very often, but me being the type of person I am, was terrified of this randomly happening in every close matchup. Thank god no one lost a playoff game or worse, the championship because of this silly rule . Could you imagine? Haha

A year Tucker tied an NFL record with 10 FGs of 50 or more (& another 14 40-49.) This year through four games he has a long of 42 (his only FGM of 40+.) Nobody saw that coming.

But I have no allegiance to name or past honors when it comes to kickers. Change ‘em out like they’re dirty socks then find a guy with lots of FGA who has had a bye to ride the second half. I do a fair amount of analysis on Ks & it feels like I get the least ROI of any position.

Justin Tucker has been one of the best "long and clutch" kickers for several years.  Even on the occasional miss, that was often made up for, with the multiple made FGs, many from long distance.

That aside, taking everything into consideration, I think Tucker is easily one of the biggest "busts" this year.  In our scoring, (which is very close to yours Bobby) Tucker has a mere 19 pts this year. Considering he is usually double that at this point, I think he is a bust right on par with some of the regular skill position players....he is just overlooked because he is a "lowly kicker".

OK Hot Sauce Guy, I will post my guess shortly.

TZM

F’n kickers, man. 
We started really punishing missed kicks that should be gimmies. Miss a long field goal most would miss? You lose a point. Miss a chip shot? Could lose up to 5 points. Paired that with bonuses for longer field goals made and folk really started looking at matchups and taking the kicker position seriously. You can see some mighty big differences emerge between the elite and the scrubs.

We started really punishing missed kicks that should be gimmies. Miss a long field goal most would miss? You lose a point. Miss a chip shot? Could lose up to 5 points. Paired that with bonuses for longer field goals made and folk really started looking at matchups and taking the kicker position seriously. You can see some mighty big differences emerge between the elite and the scrubs.
For some reason I kind of giggled reading this with your typo of the word “folks” with “Folk”.

What's happening here with "kicker name + yards"?

are we taking shots at which kicker hits the longest FG each week?

if so, I'd like to play:

Jake Elliott 52yds

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter Oct 6

Bucs scheduling workouts Monday for at least four kickers, per source; any moves related to potential release of Nick Folk wait until then.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 26m26 minutes ago

#Bucs have a kicker workout Monday, featuring Josh Lambo, Andrew Franks, and Mike Nugent, sources say. Nick Folk's job hangs in the balance.

What's happening here with "kicker name + yards"?

are we taking shots at which kicker hits the longest FG each week?

if so, I'd like to play:

Jake Elliott 52yds
Yes. You’re trying to win a bottle of hot sauce in the process. :yes:  

Scroll back a page or 2 for my post with the rules. 

Poor Bucs. They draft a kicker in the second round and don't have a good one. 

Ouch. That's not the fault of management; that's just guys not doing their job.  

Remember to get your kicker / longest FG of the week guess in before 9:55 AM PT! 

Refer to official (unofficial) rules in my post a couple of pages back, and good luck! 

:)  

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Bucs bringing in former Chiefs K Cairo Santos for physical to see where he is with his adductor sprain, per source. About two weeks away.

Users who are viewing this thread