What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (3 Viewers)

Thoughts on cutting bait on Dan Bailey and picking up either McManus or Josh Brown? With both Romo and Dez going out is that a positive or negative for Bailey. Bonus points for kicks over 40 and 50.
I drafted Bailey in about six leagues. I'm dumping him across the board for Catazarano and carpenter who were available in all the leagues. I just can't I imagine him having many opportunities without Romo, Fez and a run game that kinda stinks.

Vinatieri has been a dumpster fire of a pick.
Just coming in here to get some thoughts on this guy...
I ended up dropping Vinatieri and picking up Catanzaro from Arizona. Arizona's offense has looked great so far and has another great matchup this weekend against SanFran. Indy has just been a mess. If I need to stream kickers later on, so be it....but it makes no sense to keep using a kicker on a team that's struggling, imo.
I did the same exact thing. He's got a case of the shanks dating back to the playoffs last year. Couple that with an out of sorts offense and it was time to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped Scobee for Josh Brown before last night. He got me 14 points and outscored my opponents trio of Morris, Jennings, and Garcon by 9 in my league.

I ended up dropping Vinatieri and picking up Catanzaro from Arizona. Arizona's offense has looked great so far and has another great matchup this weekend against SanFran. Indy has just been a mess. If I need to stream kickers later on, so be it....but it makes no sense to keep using a kicker on a team that's struggling, imo.
Wow I'm surprised you did that. You really can't expect Indy to continue to struggle can you?

No way I drop him just yet.

Wow I'm surprised you did that. You really can't expect Indy to continue to struggle can you?

No way I drop him just yet.
7 FF pts through the first three games...

... dumping him in the toilet. He's DooDoo.

The usual suspects gathering in Philly...

@RapSheet: #Eagles kicker tryouts today will include Caleb Sturgis, Nick Novak and Billy Cundiff. An ailing Cody Parkey makes this necessary.

This is a really volatile year for kickers, it's as bad the RBs right now. The only sure thing is Gostkowski, who is elite Tier 1, and Josh Brown has been great. I didn't have faith in the Giants offense but maybe that was a mistake.

Brindza was horrible. Against the Saints he was gold of course, but yesterday he missed 3 FGAs and and XPA.

This is a really volatile year for kickers, it's as bad the RBs right now. The only sure thing is Gostkowski, who is elite Tier 1, and Josh Brown has been great. I didn't have faith in the Giants offense but maybe that was a mistake.

Brindza was horrible. Against the Saints he was gold of course, but yesterday he missed 3 FGAs and and XPA.
Giants offense is good, but lacks a clue in the RZ. Perfect for a kicker.

yeah i'm getting killed at kicker this year. never really picked a kicker high but gostowski is definitely worth it.

Giants offense is good, but lacks a clue in the RZ. Perfect for a kicker.
That should be a winning formula. I'm holding McManus for now. Guess they weren't serious about letting him try the 60 yarder last night but he's got enough leg for it. Although Peyton sucked less in the pistol last night I still think that offense will struggle with that offensive line. They have just enough talent to get a few first downs but the lack of consistency on the line will continue to contribute to drives breaking down.

I'm surprised Brown (#1 add by volume this week) is still under 40% owned. That won't last. But this happens sometimes with veteran kickers who have an uptick. Remember that year the late Rob Bironas had a monster year? Same kind of deal, racked up a ton of pints in the first month before the larger community caught on.

Gano got me my first kicker points of the year (Thanks Vinatieri!) so I'll probably ride him for awhile (although his bye is week 5, so....)

I like the way things like up for Gano. Strong leg, reliable, and on a team that is about the defense first, with an offense devoid of playmakers outside of Cam and Olsen. Ideally it means short fields, close games, and stalling out in the RedZone. They did punt on the 37 yesterday in the first quarter, which disappointed me, and they seem to go for 4th and short plays A LOT due to Cam. But for now I guess he's my guy.

4 of the top six are exactly who you would expect: Gostkowski, Hauschka, Bryant, Tucker. The two in my previous post are outstanding. Then four solid guys: Gould, Gano, Carpenter, Seabass.

####### hit or miss after that. I would [avoid] familiar names (Crosby, Walsh, Zeurlein) and just let your dog or toddler pick if you don't have one of those ten. I do like Catanzaro & Santos but there are some crappy unproductive choices cluttering up the WW right now.

Oh, and Prater after they start 0-5. Sooner or later they'll get untracked. Skill position talent and bad o-line so expect lots of stalled drives. He could be a good sleeper pick for the stretch drive if you lose your kicker covering bye weeks.

Vinatieri can't be this bad, can he? Maybe yesterday was the spark the Colts needed. Less games from behind, Luck smarter with the ball and throws away on 3rd down leading to FG opps, etc. He was -1 for me in weeks 1 and 2, then 5 points on XP's only in week 3. Stinks. But I don't want to get hasty. Usually high percentage, trusted kickers on good offenses are worth rostering.

Judge Smails said:
Vinatieri can't be this bad, can he? Maybe yesterday was the spark the Colts needed. Less games from behind, Luck smarter with the ball and throws away on 3rd down leading to FG opps, etc. He was -1 for me in weeks 1 and 2, then 5 points on XP's only in week 3. Stinks. But I don't want to get hasty. Usually high percentage, trusted kickers on good offenses are worth rostering.
Kind of in uncharted territory here. Over the last four seasons he has had zero FGs in a game 3, 2, 3, and 3 times - over a 16 game schedule. The last time he went three straight games with 0 FGM was 2010 - and they scored 11 TDs during that stretch. 6 PATs and 1 FGA on that offense over 12 quarters in unfathomable.

I know what you're thinking, he has to start progressing to the mean, right...I mean, it's more about Luck & the team playing badly. That surely won't continue. Right? Right?!?!?

Judge Smails said:
At least the offense improved, but even so it was looking pretty sketchy there for a while.

LordHusker said:
Vinatieri or Catanzaro
That should not be a hard decision.
I am a sucker for a "big name." Ugh.
Tell me about it. I was giddy Roddy White fell to me in the late rounds. Cut him for a Beamer QB last night.

I had Catanzaro last year down the stretch and have seen several of his games. Dude is legit. He had a bad preseason, missing 3 FGs and a couple PATs in the last game. Perfect through 3 regular season games.

With the high level Palmer is playing at, you are right to be a bit concerned - he hasn't had a ton of FGAs early on. But take a look at their remaining RotS schedule. They'll be a facing good to great defenses in the vast majority of the games. With their defense and a somewhat conservative coach, I could see them settling for a lot of FGs.

LordHusker said:
Vinatieri or Catanzaro
That should not be a hard decision.
I am a sucker for a "big name." Ugh.
Tell me about it. I was giddy Roddy White fell to me in the late rounds. Cut him for a Beamer QB last night.

I had Catanzaro last year down the stretch and have seen several of his games. Dude is legit. He had a bad preseason, missing 3 FGs and a couple PATs in the last game. Perfect through 3 regular season games.

With the high level Palmer is playing at, you are right to be a bit concerned - he hasn't had a ton of FGAs early on. But take a look at their remaining RotS schedule. They'll be a facing good to great defenses in the vast majority of the games. With their defense and a somewhat conservative coach, I could see them settling for a lot of FGs.
Thanks for the input. What are your feelings about Gould after last week's goose egg against Seattle? Is he a solid play the rest of the year in your mind?

No on Gould. Just my opinion but Pace has already given up on this season. He knows that no one will take Cutler's contract, so if the report he wants to move Forte is true, that offense will be a complete wasteland.

I've been using Catanzaro and yes the FGs haven't been coming but the guy is solid, kicks in a dome and whilst I like the Cardinals for a deep run this year, they won't maintain this TD pace every game. Just gonna keep playing him and the big games will come. Unless your K all out sucks, chasing points and switching every week can become a frustrating and thankless task.

After seeing Oakland's improved ability to move the ball, but not capitalize in the red zone, I've become pretty interested in Janikowski again.
Outside of week 1, Jano's been pretty solid. :thumbup:

I'm starting gim in every league until Carr and Co. let me down.

I've been using Catanzaro and yes the FGs haven't been coming but the guy is solid, kicks in a dome and whilst I like the Cardinals for a deep run this year, they won't maintain this TD pace every game. Just gonna keep playing him and the big games will come. Unless your K all out sucks, chasing points and switching every week can become a frustrating and thankless task.
Saw that CC was out on the wire and picked him up. The Cardinals offense is on a record-setting pace right now. I don't care how he's done so far. I just want a piece of that action. Same reason Gostkowski always has value (even if he is inevitably overdrafted).

I almost always go with sleeper kickers, but I ended up with Tucker in one league and Vinatieri in another. I cut Vinatieri, but I knew Tucker and that weird Baltimore offense would come through, great game by Tucker last night. I think I would have put a 1000 on the bar that Antonio Brown would outscore Tucker.

Steelers have 10 days to find another kicker. Any front runners? Who is unemployed that they might be interested in?

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
File under least shocking news ever

@AdamSchefter: To make room on roster for new kicker Chris Boswell, Steelers officially have released kicker Josh Scobee.
:kicksrock: -QG

Users who are viewing this thread