Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SaintsInDome2006

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

Recommended Posts

Started with the Texans kicker. Dud. Dropped him. Now got Carolina kicker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Sadly, no. See: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780563-110000-chance/

this one’s gonna take some time. 😢

Oh, man... that’s terrible news. I’m so sorry for your loss. 

 

Heck, we should be sending you something to help get your spirits up, not you putting on this contest to send us some of your hot sauce!

 

keep your chin up; this too shall pass. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

Fairbairn has been a dud so far this year...1 measly point yesterday? (my league docks -2 points for missed XPA)

 

I dropped him and picked up Slye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tricky92 said:

Can’t add him in MFL

Bummer. Sort of a big thing, IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Bummer. Sort of a big thing, IMHO.

I think I can get the commissioner in my league to make him available. I can view him in the database but because he’s listed as a punter I can’t add him. I know a couple of years ago I was able to get the commissioner to toggle Montgomery back and forth between RB and WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rockaction said:

Who can't add T. Long on Yahoo! because he's not listed? 

I'm currently going with J. Meyers of SEA in what should be a high scoring game in AZ without any weather.

Tempted by T. Long for obvious reasons. Is he any good?? He'll obviously get his chances and maybe the LAC will be slightly less efficient due to all kinds of injuries on offense. I'd be in full LAC load up though since I'm already starting Ekeler and K. Allen.

However, the weather could be an issue:

LAC @ MIA - 

Breezy day in MIA, winds should come in right around (or even over) 15mph sustained with gusts closer to 25mph. I do think we'll see some impacts to both the passing and kicking game. Putting this at ORNG for now, will lower to YLW if I see the wind forecast start to dip. Also a chance for a pop-up showers/storms, fairly typical of MIA there, likely won't know if we'll actually see rain until Sunday AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kyoun1e said:

I'm currently going with J. Meyers of SEA in what should be a high scoring game in AZ without any weather.

Tempted by T. Long for obvious reasons. Is he any good?? He'll obviously get his chances and maybe the LAC will be slightly less efficient due to all kinds of injuries on offense. I'd be in full LAC load up though since I'm already starting Ekeler and K. Allen.

However, the weather could be an issue:

LAC @ MIA - 

Breezy day in MIA, winds should come in right around (or even over) 15mph sustained with gusts closer to 25mph. I do think we'll see some impacts to both the passing and kicking game. Putting this at ORNG for now, will lower to YLW if I see the wind forecast start to dip. Also a chance for a pop-up showers/storms, fairly typical of MIA there, likely won't know if we'll actually see rain until Sunday AM.

He's not good. Missed two kicks to cost them a game their second game. I have no idea whose roster spot is so invaluable that San Diego is going with their punter. It says something about their organization. Just stupid. Or cheap or something. I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

He's not good. Missed two kicks to cost them a game their second game. I have no idea whose roster spot is so invaluable that San Diego is going with their punter. It says something about their organization. Just stupid. Or cheap or something. I don't get it.

Crazy, there must be a better kicker that was cut during preseason. Wind on the field shouldn't be a problem, and humidity is lower than it was during the Baltimore game. Only 70%, with a heat index in the low 90s. It would normally be a good start for the SD kicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long made a 39 yarder, but 5 yard delay made it a 44 yards, which he made. He was a PK in the CFL, so maybe it's not so crazy to not sign a replacement PK.

Edited by SoBeDad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Matt Bryant - you are now my least favorite player in the NFL and you will never be on my roster again :lol: 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gould was dropped in one of my leagues.  Picked him up for Slye.  16 team with a very shallow bench.  With the bye week passed I will not have to drop someone else in a couple weeks.

Edited by rick6668
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, flapgreen said:

I dropped him and picked up Slye

I got lazy and didn't. He didn't cost me this week but I think we're done for now.

Best two options I see out there are Lambo or Gay. I wonder if Lambo will have more opportunities for FG since Jax offense is decent but doesn't have as many weapons as TB has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

I got lazy and didn't. He didn't cost me this week but I think we're done for now.

Best two options I see out there are Lambo or Gay. I wonder if Lambo will have more opportunities for FG since Jax offense is decent but doesn't have as many weapons as TB has. 

Those are my top 2 options as well; I’ve held on to Fairbairn way too long and the HOU offense just doesn’t look like it’s gonna improve much.  I think I’m gonna aim for Gay first just because he’ll be kicking in a dome 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, That one guy said:

Those are my top 2 options as well; I’ve held on to Fairbairn way too long and the HOU offense just doesn’t look like it’s gonna improve much.  I think I’m gonna aim for Gay first just because he’ll be kicking in a dome 

Hasn't Gay missed three XPs and a chippy at the end of the Giants game this year alone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

 

Best two options I see out there are Lambo or Gay. I wonder if Lambo will have more opportunities for FG since Jax offense is decent but doesn't have as many weapons as TB has. 

Exactly the same situation I was in last week.  I dropped Bryant and went with Lambo for the exact reason you stated.  Good enough team to move the ball but not always good enough to score a TD.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

Hasn't Gay missed three XPs and a chippy at the end of the Giants game this year alone?

Sure, he’s not Mr Automatic, but at least he’s getting chances.  Fairbairn himself hasn’t done well with the shots he has gotten.  I’m sure I’ll pick wrong regardless and end up going on another anti-kicker tirade in this league’s group text like I do most weeks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 5:21 PM, tricky92 said:

Who is dumping Gostowski?

 

Dropped him last week. No one has picked him up yet. Rolled with Myers last week and will probably keep him on this week. Waiting to find out what's going on with Badgley. Not giving Gostkowski any consideration at the moment (my league has a -1 for missed XPs).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've checked this thread a couple times expecting a strong list of potential streaming PKs, guys in the 17-32 range and it doesn't seem to go that way. 

Anyone got a gem or two for the next several weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I drafted Elliot from Philly and he wasn't doing crap so I cut him,. picked up Zane on Ariz...hadn't missed a kick all year and WHAMO this week, missed 2.....awesome...

 

Matt Gay?   Chargers Kicker? hate this position.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

*tap tap tap* is this thing on? 

Thinking about a K co test, but don’t wanna interrupt any important K news. :unsure:

Shooting for week 5. So not this week which is week 4,  but next week. Because that’s week 5. 

Everyone still hates kickers right? Heck, one of my leagues removed them this year by nearly a unanimous vote. :sadbanana: So what better way to love Kickers than to pick one that’ll win you some hot sauce?  :excited:

So here we go with plenty of time for people to get in: the first 2019 officially unofficial FBG K contest! 

Rules are simple:

1. USA only - you can enter from anywhere, but I’ll only ship a prize to a US address. 

2. No edited posts. If you made a mistake, delete & repost. Edited posts are DQ’d.

3. In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker goes to the earliest timestamp. In other words, it won’t help you to duplicate someone else’s guess so best to take a second & check prior entries. 

4. Pick the kicker you believe will have the highest total score of week #5. Also guess the longest kick they’ll make. The closest to both metrics wins. 

5. Scoring is .1/1, so a 46 yard FG = 4.6 points.

6. Negative scoring for chip shots. MFG under 30 & MPAT = -1

7. Don’t forget to guess the long-distance for your K’s longest FG. 

there is is - pick your pony, tell us how many points they’ll score & what their long will be & if you’re the closest to the mark, you’ll win a 3-pack of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce,. It’s gourmet AF (as the kids say these days) 

good luck! 

:pickle:

Jason Myers (Seattle).

Long 47.

Scoring total prediction is not explicitly requested in the rules, but I recall being fussed at last year for not including one anyway (and HSG expects me to be a pedant by now):  14.2 pts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

well I drafted Elliot from Philly and he wasn't doing crap so I cut him,. picked up Zane on Ariz...hadn't missed a kick all year and WHAMO this week, missed 2.....awesome...

 

Matt Gay?   Chargers Kicker? hate this position.

 

Yeah after getting nothing from Lutz against Seattle I went with Gonzales and got nearly nothing and 2 missed kicks.   Back to Lutz (if I can get him for $1).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Chargers signing rookie Chase McLaughlin?

Rotoworld:

Chargers signed K Chase McLaughlin.

The Bolts have been using their punter to kick field goals and extra points the last couple of weeks while Michael Badgley (groin) has been rehabbing. But in true Chargers fashion, Badgley had a medical setback and isn't expected to return for weeks. McLaughlin is a rookie out of Illinois, who made all 79 of his extra points with a 75% field goal percentage in college.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 1, 2019, 8:20 PM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised there isn’t more love for Gay. He’s the top kicker so far. He should have plenty of opportunities each week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Chargers K Michael Badgley (groin) is still a "couple of weeks away" from a return.

Badgley had a setback in his rehab, so the Chargers were forced to sign a kicker off the streets in rookie Chase McLaughlin from Illinois. This situation is a perfect encapsulation of the Chargers' football brand -- questions on special teams and non-stop injuries.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 1, 2019, 8:26 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, icehouse said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more love for Gay. He’s the top kicker so far. He should have plenty of opportunities each week. 

Picked Lambo over him mainly because of their bye weeks (7 vs. 10)...any edge to reduce thinking about kickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

Picked Lambo over him mainly because of their bye weeks (7 vs. 10)...any edge to reduce thinking about kickers.

I turned to Gay instead

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

I turned to Gay instead

Its your body, your choice.  Don't let anyone tell you different.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, icehouse said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more love for Gay. He’s the top kicker so far. He should have plenty of opportunities each week. 

I believe Slye, Greg the Leg, and Lutz may have something to say about being the top kicker so far. But no question Gay has been solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I believe Slye, Greg the Leg, and Lutz may have something to say about being the top kicker so far. But no question Gay has been solid.

Slye is tops in my league and was glad we dumped Bryant at the time. Did you end up keeping Slye? Huge leg, they trust his distance and seems like the perfect offense/defense combo for opps right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I turned to Gay instead

Join the parade of owners. 🌈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Futz said:

Slye is tops in my league and was glad we dumped Bryant at the time. Did you end up keeping Slye? Huge leg, they trust his distance and seems like the perfect offense/defense combo for opps right now. 

Absolutely kept Slye, that was a strong call to move on from Bryant. :hifive:

Hope Slye holds up as he has so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C-Bound said:

Picked Lambo over him mainly because of their bye weeks (7 vs. 10)...any edge to reduce thinking about kickers.

Might wanna see if Gould was dropped then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C-Bound said:

Picked Lambo over him mainly because of their bye weeks (7 vs. 10)...any edge to reduce thinking about kickers.

Ditto. Finally dropped Fairbarn which means he'll score 20+ points this week. But I don't wanna worry about gd kickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, icehouse said:

Might wanna see if Gould was dropped then. 

Nope, Gould active and kickin'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Patriots' Stephen Gostkowski: Not spotted at practice

by RotoWire Staff
(43 mins ago) Gostkowski was not seen at the portion of Wednesday's practice open to the media, Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports.

The veteran kicker is presumably dealing with an injury, though nothing of that nature was reported after Sunday's 16-10 divisional win over the Bills. The 35-year-old has dealt with uncharacteristic PAT issues this season, having missed four of 15 attempts through four contests, and an injury could serve to explain the cause behind those struggles.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whole-show said:

Stephen Gostkowski to be placed on IR

Grabbed him earlyish by kicker standards in my redraft so I wouldn't have to worry about K this year.  Swear I'm the kicker killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.