Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SaintsInDome2006

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

Jaguars' Josh Lambo: Dealing with groin injury

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Lambo will be held out of Wednesday's practice with a groin injury, Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com reports.

Lambo showed no sign of injury in Sunday's 29-15 win over the Jets, converting each of his three field-goal attempts and two of three PATs. He's tied for the league lead with 21 field goals made, and the Jaguars offense gets a favorable Week 9 matchup, facing a slumping Houston defense that just lost J.J. Watt (pectoral) to a season-ending injury.

Rolling with Badgley. I’ve had mediocre luck with K & he was automatic for me last season. 

A little risky what with the groin injury, but if they cut their other guy it sounds like he’s 100%. Reportedly he was close to playing last week.

18 minutes ago, Efritch4 said:

Lambo sounds good to go for Sunday!

Source?

Gotten double digit points with my streamers, Haushka and Boswell, the past couple weeks. Dipping back in with Haush this week.

On 10/30/2019 at 4:23 AM, Don Hutson said:

Kickers definitely score more against bad defenses than good defenses.  The ideal is for a kicker to play a bad defense who toughens up in the red zone.  Or for a kicker it is ideal to be on an offense that is good between the 20s and then falters in the red zone.  But not many offenses have that problem any longer.  Since the West Coast Offense became ubiquitous in the league, few offenses are good midfield and then falter in the red zone.  Back in the 80s and 90s, there were a bunch of teams who moved the ball well until they got to the red zone and then they would often falter.

Below is a ranking of kicker's average fantasy points allowed by each team.  I put the ranking of kicking from each of the 32 teams next to each to show that the points allowed has about an equal correlation to points scored by kickers.  Actually, the points against correlation is stronger because your kicker can be matched up against any of the 32 teams, whereas, no one starts the bottom kickers so they are irrelevant.  So fantasy owners worry about who their position players are matched up against but they should be just as worried who their kicker is matched up against.

1. Buccaneers 9.7     9.7   Tucker

2. Bengals        9.2     9.5   Gonzalez

3. Falcons        8.5      9.3   Lambo

4. Cardinals     8.4      8.7   Butker

5. Broncos       8.4      8.7   Zuerlein

6. Ravens         8.3      8.7   Gould

7. Jets              8.1      8.5   Prater

8. Panthers      7.7      8.4   Slye

9. Redskins      7.6      8.3   Lutz

10. Giants        7.5       8.2   Gay

11. Rams          7.5      7.7   Nugent/Gostkowski

12. Browns       7.3      7.7   Boswell

13. Dolphins     7.1      7.4   Maher

14. Steelers      7.0      7.3   Bailey

15. Eagles         6.9      7.3   Crosby

16. Raiders       6.9       6.8   Pineiro

17. Lions           6.9       6.7   Long/McLaughlin

18. Seahawks  6.8       6.7    Fairbairn

19. Chiefs         6.6       6.5    Vinatieri

20. Cowboys    6.6       6.5    Myers

21. Texans       6.2        6.3    McManus

22. Colts           6.1        5.8    Bryant

23. Packers      6.1        5.8    Seibert

24. Jaguars      5.9        5.7    Bullock

25. Saints         5.8         5.7   Elliott

26. Titans         5.4         5.2   Carlson

27. Vikings       5.2         4.8   Hauschka

28. Chargers    5.1         4.7   Santos/Parkey

29. Bears          4.9         4.1   Hopkins

30. 49ers          3.6         3.7   Rosas

31. Bills             2.9         3.2   Sanders

32. Patriots      2.4          1.7   Vedvik/Ficken

Gould, one of top kickers vs. Zona, one of weakest teams vs. kickers and he throws up 4 extra points, just shows how hard kicker points are to predict...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

What do you guys expect from Nick Folk ROS?

I have no clue what to think? NE must've done their homework. It's always like "fingers-crossed" when a new guy kicks their first FG or XP for a new team. Yahoo pretty much says boom or bust and be prepared that things could go South in a hurry. Not very encouraging is it?

Since I dropped Gould for another bench spot waiting for Mahomes to go to the IR / OUT so it frees up me to pick up a kicker I watched Myers, then Crosby both go leaving Folk starring at me unless he goes before Mahomes is ruled OUT. Otherwise, it's Bailey or Carlson, or Hauschka.

14 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Lambo doesn't have any injury designation.

No, but there's also this. Somebody asked for a source.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20191101/jaguars-vs-texans-josh-lambo-limited-with-groin-injury-but-expects-to-play-sunday

Personally, I hate when kickers have groin problems. Soccer-style kickers are incredibly affected by these and it seems too often that they don't finish the game or they re-injure it in warmups. I'm staying away. 

I put in a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure what kicker to add this week to cover Zuerlein's bye and ultimately went with Austin Seibert. The projection systems don't seem to be favoring him enough as they should imo. For anyone in my position still deciding who to add as a bye week fill-in here are the factors which led me to go with Seibert this week...

• Denver ranks 31st in K pts allowed this season (ESPN league)
  • Seibert is 10/10 on FGs this season
  • The game is in Denver and the Browns ST coach commented that he's factoring 5 extra yards of FG range due to the altitude
  • The weather forecast is for sunny skies and light winds in the 6-7 mph range
  • Blind belief that Cleveland's offense will perform up to it's talent level at some point
  • Seibert's performance in adverse weather conditions at Foxborough last week (2/2 FGs, 38 and 47 yards)
  • Other K options were early start games, while Seibert plays in the afternoon, statistically 1-3 points higher scoring

Essentially, I'm not advocating Seibert as anything more than a one off fill-in due to Cleveland's surprising ineptitude on offense. The attempts just aren't there. And despite the perfect mark on FGs, he's managed to miss 2 extra points. But the team sounds willing to give the rookie a little more leeway in the league's most kicker friendly venue. The forecast is good for kicking and the kid has yet to miss a FG in the NFL. I'm not going to begin trying to predict missed PATs either. And the 1-3 point difference in scoring from early games to afternoon games might seem insignificant but hey, the range on those numbers represent an extra point to a field goal.

That said, I'm 99% sure I just jinxed him mentioning he's 10 for 10 on FGs, so maybe look elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I put in a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure what kicker to add this week to cover Zuerlein's bye and ultimately went with Austin Seibert. The projection systems don't seem to be favoring him enough as they should imo. For anyone in my position still deciding who to add as a bye week fill-in here are the factors which led me to go with Seibert this week...

• The game is in Denver and the Browns ST coach commented that he's factoring 5 extra yards of FG range due to the altitude
  • Blind belief that Cleveland's offense will perform up to it's talent level at some point
  • Seibert's performance in adverse weather conditions at Foxborough last week (2/2 FGs, 38 and 47 yards)
  • Other K options were early start games, while Seibert plays in the afternoon, statistically 1-3 points higher scoring

Essentially, I'm not advocating Seibert as anything more than a one off fill-in due to Cleveland's surprising ineptitude on offense. The attempts just aren't there. And despite the perfect mark on FGs, he's managed to miss 2 extra points. But the team sounds willing to give the rookie a little more leeway in the league's most kicker friendly venue. The forecast is good for kicking and the kid has yet to miss a FG in the NFL. I'm not going to begin trying to predict missed PATs either. And the 1-3 point difference in scoring from early games to afternoon games might seem insignificant but hey, the range on those numbers represent an extra point to a field goal.

That said, I'm 99% sure I just jinxed him mentioning he's 10 for 10 on FGs, so maybe look elsewhere.

Impressive research, one thing I don't like is the low vegas point total in that game.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

20 minutes ago, Tool said:

Impressive research, one thing I don't like is the low vegas point total in that game.

Perhaps a defensive FG game 26-16 CLE

Seibert did come up on my radar. Nice info. Does the kid have a big leg, like Greg lol. 

• Like 1

Titans activated K Ryan Succop.

Succop has been on injured reserve this season with a knee injury, but he reportedly looked good in practices and has been given the green light for in-game action. He will kick for Tennessee in Week 9.

SOURCE: Titansonline.com

Nov 2, 2019, 2:11 PM ET

Titans released K Cody Parkey.

Ryan Succop is back from the injured reserve and will begin kicking on Sunday. Parkey made all three of his field goals and went 5-for-6 on extra points in his two weeks with Tennessee. It may be too late in the season for Parkey to get another gig in 2019, but he'll likely be in the mix for a starting job this offseason.

RELATED: 

Tennessee Titans

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 2, 2019, 2:17 PM ET

23 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Seibert's longest field goal this year is 48 yards.  Does he have a weak leg, a risk averse coach, or has he been the victim of circumstances?

On 11/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, Mr Anonymous said:

FFPA Vs K’s really works, and Flacco being out as bad as he has been sets up an even better day for the Browns D, combine that with a stalling Browns O getting opportunities vs a still respectable Bronco D and this tees up well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Newton staying out is good news for Joey Slye.

Agreed. I picked up Slye last week as a bye week replacement for Lutz. 

Anybody liking Dan Bailey for the next 3 weeks?

MIN @ KC nice match up

MIN @ DAL back home

DEN @ MIN why not

Or take a flyer on...

Nick Folk - bye next week 

These are my choices starring at me this week. Seems easy lol

35 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Seibert's longest field goal this year is 48 yards.  Does he have a weak leg, a risk averse coach, or has he been the victim of circumstances?

His longest make in college was 51 yards. I try to avoid predicting attempts from 50+ yards in a 1 game scenario such as this, but at least I know his position coach is acknowledging /assuming 5 yards more range going into this one game I need him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

MIN @ KC nice match up

MIN @ DAL back home

DEN @ MIN why not

Or take a flyer on...

Bailey was my runner-up choice to Seibert this week given what was on the wire and ultimately I'll probably regret my decision. My lineup is too Vikings heavy already and that was the tiebreaker that tipped the scales. I would pickup Bailey in a heartbeat if I needed a kicker for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

MIN @ KC nice match up

MIN @ DAL back home

DEN @ MIN why not

Or take a flyer on...

Bailey seem to be back where he was a few years ago. The weather in KC is good. Good choice. Folk might be a little better this week, although FGs are hard to predict.

• Like 1

I've never seen someone pass up more FG attempts than Belichick has this year.  Maddening.

• Like 1

In a short bench (4) what are people doing with Butker's bye coming up. I wanted to stash but might not be able to.  I could cut bait for a Lutz or Greg Zuerlein type this week both coming off bye weeks.

Anyone thinking that far for fantasy playoffs?

After getting 4-7 points a week I’m thrilled with my Badgley pick-up & 14.x points. 

i am less than thrilled with the Chargers decision to go for it on 4th down, taking 3 points off the board (that made it a 3-score game) after GB committed that dumb penalty. 

but moving forward the Money Badger should be among the league’s best. Good home field weather & good schedule too. 

• Like 1

In honor of the Money Badger’s return, it’s time for another unofficially official K contest! :pickle:

I promise that i will do my absolute best to not get myself suspended before announcing the results...uh, again. :sadbanana:

Winner gets a 3-pack of small batch gourmet artisan hot sauce, one of which is (as of today) a Good Food Award finalist! :o 

So here’s how it works: 

1. USA only - you.can still enter & win if you’re from somewhere else, but I’m only gonna ship to a USA address. So if you’ve got a friend in the US, maybe enter & share the love. :wub: 

2. pick a kicker that you believe is going to score a lot in week #10! 

3. Considering total points in performance scoring (1-30 yards = 3, .1/1 after 30 yards) guess the following:

• name of the highest scoring kicker of week 10

• state what that kicker’s total points will be for week 10

-and-

• the longest kick for that kicker for week 10. 

example; 
“Mr. Kicker Kicksworthy, 17 points, long of 55”, 

note: it’s ok to go over. This isn’t the price is right. It’s whomever is closest to both numbers that wins, equally weighted. (e.g. you guessed 17/55, it was actually 15/53, and someone else guessed 14/48. the 17/55 guess wins as its 2 away in points & 2 away in distance whereas 14/48 was 1 away in points but 7 away in distance) 

4. Do not edit your post, ever, for any reason. Ever. Nope. Don’t. Seriously. Because...

5. Time-stamp decides tiebreakers (e.g. if you guess the same K as someone else & the same points, the post with the earliest time-stamp wins. There are no ties. Even if it’s 2 different kickers and they somehow score the same & have the same long, earliest guess wins.

6. Do not edit your post. If you wish to change your guess, clear out your post, and re-post with a new guess. Don’t edit & update a guess or you’ll be DQ’d

7. That’s it!

Make your best guess of any K who plays from Thurs - Mon Night.

Winner will be announced the Tuesday following week 10!

good luck!  
:pickle:

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Irony
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

In honor of the Money Badger’s return, it’s time for another unofficially official K contest! :pickle:

I promise that i will do my absolute best to not get myself suspended before announcing the results...uh, again. :sadbanana:

Winner gets a 3-pack of small batch gourmet artisan hot sauce, one of which is (as of today) a Good Food Award finalist! :o 

So here’s how it works: 

1. USA only - you.can still enter & win if you’re from somewhere else, but I’m only gonna ship to a USA address. So if you’ve got a friend in the US, maybe enter & share the love. :wub: 

3. Considering total points in performance scoring (1-29 yards = 3, .1/1 after 30 yards) guess the following:

-and-

example; 

note: it’s ok to go over. This isn’t the price is right. It’s whomever is closest to both numbers that wins, equally weighted. (e.g. you guessed 17/55, it was actually 15/53, and someone else guessed 14/48. the 17/55 guess wins as its 2 away in points & 2 away in distance whereas 14/48 was 1 away in points but 7 away in distance) 

4. Do not edit your post, ever, for any reason. Ever. Nope. Don’t. Seriously. Because...

5. Time-stamp decides tiebreakers (e.g. if you guess the same K as someone else & the same points, the post with the earliest time-stamp wins. There are no ties. Even if it’s 2 different kickers and they somehow score the same & have the same long, earliest guess wins.

6. Do not edit your post. If you wish to change your guess, clear out your post, and re-post with a new guess. Don’t edit & update a guess or you’ll be DQ’d

7. That’s it!

good luck!  

Whoo hoo! Thanks @Hot Sauce Guy as always! Really fun stuff.

My guess:

Will Lutz, 12 points, long of 48 (in the ballroom, with the revolver).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

So here’s how it works: 

3. Considering total points in performance scoring (1-30 yards = 3, .1/1 after 30 yards) guess the following:

-and-

example; 

7. That’s it!

good luck!  

Mike Badgley 13 points, long of 47

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gottabesweet said:

Mike Badgley 13 points, long of 47

MONEY BADGER! :wub: 

Zane Gonzalez 16 points long of 46

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

So here’s how it works: 

-and-

example; 

7. That’s it!

good luck!  

ALRIGHT~!!!!!! 

I messed up and missed the last contest like a donk.

Now that there's a new contest, I will have to go and scour over my elaborate kicker algorithm  determiners and come up with a guess.

(means flipping coins)    :lol:

Jokes aside, this is always fun, I even won a year or two back, so I feel sorry for the rest of you guys that can't win.  

I'll post my entry in a day or two. Good luck everyone.

TZM 

Edited by TZMarkie
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, TZMarkie said:

I even won a year or two back, so I feel sorry for the rest of you guys that can't win.  

I never win anything, ever. 

Luckily, that delicious sauce is available through other means....

🌶️🍀🐶🌶️

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Fun fact: the Chargers have the 2nd most FGAs this season, behind only the Cards.

Seems a little random week to week. Or maybe they’re just that good in the RZ? Or maybe their opponents haven’t been that good in the RZ? 

if ya want to pick a K against the Chargers for the officially unofficial K contest, you’ll have to get that guess in before kickoff tonight though! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Seems a little random week to week. Or maybe they’re just that good in the RZ? Or maybe their opponents haven’t been that good in the RZ? 

I haven't picked him, but I do think it says something about them across 3-4 different kickers. And the Bolts are likely to go on one of their late season tears, along with a new OC soon. Just a factoid to sock away. They're not doing well on XPAs so there's that too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

if ya want to pick a K against the Chargers for the officially unofficial K contest, you’ll have to get that guess in before kickoff tonight though! 

To be clear that was field goal attempts, not field goals allowed.

Eh, I like hot sauce - I'm from Louisiana damnit - and I like Gay TB this week vs Ari. I'll think about the contest. Fyi they have several hot sauce stores down here, especially in the Quarter. You should consider pitching to one of them if you want to expand your market a bit. - SID

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

To be clear that was field goal attempts, not field goals allowed.

Eh, I like hot sauce - I'm from Louisiana damnit - and I like Gay TB this week vs Ari. I'll think about the contest. Fyi they have several hot sauce stores down here, especially in the Quarter. You should consider pitching to one of them if you want to expand your market a bit. - SID

I picked up Gay for Money Badger’s BYE week - at this point of the season I had a bench spot to play with & he’s been such a high scoring kicker that i’d rather have him on my bench than in someone else’s lineup facing me. ;) 

probably not a bad choice this week. Get your guess in ASAP, because time-stamp matters! 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

16 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Fun fact: the Chargers have the 2nd most FGAs this season, behind only the Cards.

• Top 5 by attempts are Cards, Chargers, Chiefs, Jags, Panthers.
  • Top 5 by FGM are Cards, Jags, Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers (tied with Ravens and Rams).
  • Top 5 XPA are Pats, Chiefs, Texans, Vikes, Niners (tied with Cowboys, Seahwaks, Packers)
  • Top 5 XPM are Pats, Chiefs, 9ers, Cowboys, Packers.

• Cards have 31 Red Zone Attempts this year (tied for 8th overall) but only a 35% Red Zone TD Percentage (29th overall).
  • Chargers are 5th in RZAs with 32, and have a RZTD% of 46.9% (24th overall).
  • Jags are 14th in RZAtt  but are 31st in RZTD% (34.5%).
  • Steelers also have a fairly low RZDTD% of 28th overall, but rank fairly low in terms of RZAtt at 29th overall.

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/

ETA I would like to pick up Badgley and replace him with Slye -- however he's got a bye WK 12. I think I might be willing to let this slide and see if (in the event he's picked up) he's dropped that week. Not many carry kickers through byes in my league.

Edited by Stompin' Tom Connors
  • Thanks 1

Anyone like Myers Monday night thinking San Fran defense might be able to slow Russel down in a bend don’t break format?

Edited by VikingFrog
  • Like 1

Shanahan says Gould has a chance to play Monday and if he doesn’t they expect him back the next week per Cam Inman