Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
CalBear

Official Jared Goff bandwagon

Jared Goff completed 24-of-38 passes for 269 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in the Rams' Week 3 win over the Browns.

It was a slow start for Goff, with neither team scoring a touchdown in the first half. He salvaged his night with a pair of second-half TDs on red-zone throws to Cooper Kupp, though Goff had some misfires that led to his interceptions. This was a slight letdown for Goff playing against a Browns defense that was without their top two corners and multiple starters. Goff will have another plus matchup against the Bucs in Week 4.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:30 PM ET

He looked absolutely awful today...the shine is off this guy.  Those first 8 weeks last year were the aberration.

• Like 1

People are really going to turn on this guy if they haven't already.  If it's not the terrible play, it's his very punchable Eli-face he makes after every turnover.

1 minute ago, killface said:

He looked absolutely awful today...the shine is off this guy.  Those first 8 weeks last year were the aberration.

He was pretty good the year before. If he can take away the turnovers, which is easier said than done, he's back near the top with his weapons and game plan.

Jake Ciely @allinkid

During Rams 2018 bye I talked with @FBallGameplan about Goff's struggles. It was how defenses starting disguising plans until headset coms from McVay to Goff shut off. Look at game log since. Yes, no Kupp hurt too, but Goff has only flashed some since. Never played nearly as well

let's not forget the 500-lb gorilla in the room named T. Gurley. where s the running game? the lack of any credible run game has paralyzed this offense, one that is predicated on play-action to set up passing. they need to get that figured out, and soon.

I'd be calling the Niners about one of  their RBs. OR maybe K. Drake. 

Worrying so far this season. Took as my late QB, holding no backup, and the options on the wire look terrible. Unsure how to proceed at present 

4 hours ago, ponchsox said:

That was the worse 500 yard passing game I’ve ever seen.

That's the thing...make all the excuses about gurley and mcvay you want but he missed wide open wr's over and over and over again that game.  He is not good. There are no other excuses

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killface said:

That's the thing...make all the excuses about gurley and mcvay you want but he missed wide open wr's over and over and over again that game.  He is not good. There are no other excuses

As a defender for a while watching those throws has me concerned. He needs to get better

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

As a defender for a while watching those throws has me concerned. He needs to get better

Agreed.  As a defender and fan this is the first game I can think of where I can’t excuse his play away.  

Been hanging on to him despite the fact I have L. Jackson.

The LAR's schedule looks sooo good...@SEA, SF, @ATL, CIN...then the bye. Thought this TB game would be the start of a serious run of above average play that would continue with this upcoming schedule.

Nope.

Now thinking I kick him to the curb. There's all kinds of Dalton's, Stafford's, and other on the wire. Goff can join them.

Jared Goff completed 29-of-49 passes for 395 yards, one touchdown and an interception in the Rams' 30-29, Week 5 loss to the Seahawks.

Goff came out looking like his disastrous Week 4 self in the first quarter but managed to get into serious rhythm for the game's final three frames. Goff was making quick decisions and accurate throws as Sean McVay schemed players into space. In other words, it was the Rams' offense as it's supposed to be. Goff's pick was nearly a game-sealer, but it was not his fault. Gerald Everett let a perfectly-delivered ball go through his hands. Goff could have had an interception or two of his own, however. Goff also lost Brandin Cooks to a potential concussion. The Rams host the 49ers' upstart defense in Week 6.

Edited by The Frankman

Things looking up if they can continue like they did here. Everitt was in for a massive TD as well which they called down at the 1 and Gurley ran in next play, plus Woods should have got something down for a TD  so his score should have been higher. The use of both TEs really helped to get him going and I thought he looked excellent from there on. Schedule is kind, and D isn’t stopping much so all systems go hopefully 

Edited by TartanLion

I think/hope he is finally adjusting to how his life is going to be behind that line this year.  If he can step it up it shows a lot about his potential.

Jared Goff completed 13-of-24 passes for 78 scoreless yards in the Rams' 20-7, Week 6 loss to the 49ers.

The Rams marched right down the field on their opening drive, capping it off with a Robert Woods rushing score. After that, however, 49ers DC Robert Saleh's group manhandled Goff and the Rams' putrid offensive line. Goff's 78 yards marked a career low, and he took four sacks. The Rams went 0-for-9 on third and fourth downs. Goff spiked a ton of inaccurate passes at his receivers' feet and missed a wide-open Gerald Everett for what should have been an easy 50-plus yards touchdown late in the fourth quarter. Goff has been flat-out bad in 2019 after being handed a mega extension, and the Rams have dropped three straight ahead of next week's date with the Falcons in Atlanta. The Falcons have been truly terrible defensively. It'll be a get-right spot for either them or Goff.

System QB.

22 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

Goff stinks.

Yes, he does.   Still should have a decent game against the pitiful Falcons secondary.   

Didn't look good today. Hard to overcome mistakes when you dont get volume. Good job to the 49ers for keeping the ball out of Goffs hands

21 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What is Goff's dynasty value in a 5 pt per passing TD start 1 QB league today?

Zero

Hes legitimately a bottom 7 qb right  now 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2019 at 10:57 AM, killface said:

He already put up the worst 500 yard passing game and this week was the worst 78 yard passing game ever seen.  He does it ALL

Edited by Morton Muffley
  • Like 3

Can't believe I passed on Russell Wlison for this POS.  Was swayed by experts, Cupp's return, and Rams giving him that contract.  I hate when I choose situation over talent and that is EXACTLY what I knew/thought I was doing in this situation.  And that's why I hate myself.

Goff was good(sort off) when they had a good offensive line. He is not good enough to overcome a bad offensive line like a good QB could.

Edited by Mongidig
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mongidig said:

Goff was good when they had a good offensive line. He is not good enough to overcome a bad offensive line.

He was good when they had:

A good OL

A world-class, pass catching RB

Three great receiving options

A head coach whose scheme had not yet been figured out by NFL defenses

• Like 2

Counting the playoffs, he has 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his last 14 games. That is a bad trend.  More importantly, the eye test tells me that he isn't the same QB he looked like in 2017 and for the first 2/3 of 2018.  

1 hour ago, Morton Muffley said:

He was good when they had:

A good OL

A world-class, pass catching RB

Three great receiving options

A head coach whose scheme had not yet been figured out by NFL defenses

All that as well.

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Counting the playoffs, he has 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his last 14 games. That is a bad trend.  More importantly, the eye test tells me that he isn't the same QB he looked like in 2017 and for the first 2/3 of 2018.  

Too late to trade him for his draft value. But he has 3 possibly startable games - ATL and CIN the next 2 weeks and  then ARI on Dec 1.

2 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

They could have just drafted Wentz.   :lmao: 

I remember hearing rumblings at the time that the Eagles only moved up to pick 2 because they heard the Rams wanted Goff so they would get Wentz.

Keeping him for Lamar's bye v. Cinci. 

Goff needs time to throw.  Just can't improvise...but he can do serious damage otherwise.  In fairness, most QBs look like chumps when constantly under pressure.

• Like 1

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Which of those spots is Ramsey going to take? :oldunsure:

Any would likely be an upgrade at this point.  

• Laughing 1

So I picked up Henderson in part expecting the Rams to:

1.  Run a lot more
  2.  Utilize more quick hitters to get RBs in space
  3. Realize they need a serious "change-up" at the RB position

1 hour ago, C-Bound said:

I like this quote...sad but true.

"How is Jared Goff even walking upright with this offensive line. It's like he has 5 professional matadors blocking for him."

I like the 'at least they will be able to address this in the draft' comment

And well that is obvious on the oline front (and I think a lot of that poor play stems from that 49ers game), Goff is still missing wide open guys.  He's still making terrible throws.  It started in the last half of last season...

Edited by killface

I dont think Goff is good but with that offensive line its hard to blame him for struggling as much as he has. Yikes. Teams that load up skill positions and then ignore the offensive line are doing it wrong.

• Like 2

The guy is absolutely terrified of any kind of pass rush. This was evident last year as the season wore on. He isn't very good. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

The guy is absolutely terrified of any kind of pass rush. This was evident last year as the season wore on. He isn't very good. 

Atlanta has 5 sacks in 6 games. I'm playing him this week.

• Thanks 1

Yep, I’ll trot him out one more week and see how it goes. Great matchup. If he ####s the bed here, it’s waiver wire scraps for the rest of the way. Been only holding him and my league likes to hold backup QBs so the options are limited 

Jared Goff completed 22-of-41 passes for 243 yards, two interceptions, and one lost fumble in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Steelers.

"Road Goff" and "Versus Pressure Goff" predictably showed up in this one against a strong Steelers' pass rush. Goff wasn't on the same page with his primary targets -- Cooper Kupp and Todd Gurley failed to make a catch -- and he had two bad turnovers, one inexcusable interception and one fumble that went for a defensive touchdown before ending the game with a tipped interception. Goff needs his surroundings to be ideal to pop in fantasy and his offensive line isn't playing at 2018 levels. The Rams will enter Week 11's home matchup against the Bears with a 5-4 record. Goff will be a high-end QB2 then.

Edited by The Frankman