What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jared Goff, DET (1 Viewer)

Things looking up if they can continue like they did here. Everitt was in for a massive TD as well which they called down at the 1 and Gurley ran in next play, plus Woods should have got something down for a TD  so his score should have been higher. The use of both TEs really helped to get him going and I thought he looked excellent from there on. Schedule is kind, and D isn’t stopping much so all systems go hopefully 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think/hope he is finally adjusting to how his life is going to be behind that line this year.  If he can step it up it shows a lot about his potential.

Jared Goff completed 13-of-24 passes for 78 scoreless yards in the Rams' 20-7, Week 6 loss to the 49ers.

The Rams marched right down the field on their opening drive, capping it off with a Robert Woods rushing score. After that, however, 49ers DC Robert Saleh's group manhandled Goff and the Rams' putrid offensive line. Goff's 78 yards marked a career low, and he took four sacks. The Rams went 0-for-9 on third and fourth downs. Goff spiked a ton of inaccurate passes at his receivers' feet and missed a wide-open Gerald Everett for what should have been an easy 50-plus yards touchdown late in the fourth quarter. Goff has been flat-out bad in 2019 after being handed a mega extension, and the Rams have dropped three straight ahead of next week's date with the Falcons in Atlanta. The Falcons have been truly terrible defensively. It'll be a get-right spot for either them or Goff.
System QB.

Didn't look good today. Hard to overcome mistakes when you dont get volume. Good job to the 49ers for keeping the ball out of Goffs hands

Can't believe I passed on Russell Wlison for this POS.  Was swayed by experts, Cupp's return, and Rams giving him that contract.  I hate when I choose situation over talent and that is EXACTLY what I knew/thought I was doing in this situation.  And that's why I hate myself.

Goff was good(sort off) when they had a good offensive line. He is not good enough to overcome a bad offensive line like a good QB could.

Counting the playoffs, he has 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his last 14 games. That is a bad trend.  More importantly, the eye test tells me that he isn't the same QB he looked like in 2017 and for the first 2/3 of 2018.  

Counting the playoffs, he has 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his last 14 games. That is a bad trend.  More importantly, the eye test tells me that he isn't the same QB he looked like in 2017 and for the first 2/3 of 2018.  
Too late to trade him for his draft value. But he has 3 possibly startable games - ATL and CIN the next 2 weeks and  then ARI on Dec 1.

Keeping him for Lamar's bye v. Cinci. 

Goff needs time to throw.  Just can't improvise...but he can do serious damage otherwise.  In fairness, most QBs look like chumps when constantly under pressure.

So I picked up Henderson in part expecting the Rams to:

1.  Run a lot more
  2.  Utilize more quick hitters to get RBs in space
  3. Realize they need a serious "change-up" at the RB position

I like this quote...sad but true.

"How is Jared Goff even walking upright with this offensive line. It's like he has 5 professional matadors blocking for him."
I like the 'at least they will be able to address this in the draft' comment

And well that is obvious on the oline front (and I think a lot of that poor play stems from that 49ers game), Goff is still missing wide open guys.  He's still making terrible throws.  It started in the last half of last season...

I dont think Goff is good but with that offensive line its hard to blame him for struggling as much as he has. Yikes. Teams that load up skill positions and then ignore the offensive line are doing it wrong.

Yep, I’ll trot him out one more week and see how it goes. Great matchup. If he ####s the bed here, it’s waiver wire scraps for the rest of the way. Been only holding him and my league likes to hold backup QBs so the options are limited 

Jared Goff completed 22-of-41 passes for 243 yards, two interceptions, and one lost fumble in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Steelers.

"Road Goff" and "Versus Pressure Goff" predictably showed up in this one against a strong Steelers' pass rush. Goff wasn't on the same page with his primary targets -- Cooper Kupp and Todd Gurley failed to make a catch -- and he had two bad turnovers, one inexcusable interception and one fumble that went for a defensive touchdown before ending the game with a tipped interception. Goff needs his surroundings to be ideal to pop in fantasy and his offensive line isn't playing at 2018 levels. The Rams will enter Week 11's home matchup against the Bears with a 5-4 record. Goff will be a high-end QB2 then.

He sux.  As others have said, he needs perfect conditions to operate effectively and that isn't happening this year.  I am forced to start him next week in my superflex league due to Daniel Jones being on a bye.  After that, I see only the AZ game as a likely start for him for the remainder of this year (including playoff weeks).  The dude just isn't any good.

The guy is absolutely terrified of a pass rush...of any kind. He has proven it time and time again. He's just not good at all.

Jared Goff completed 11-of-18 passes for 173 yards with an interception in the Rams' Week 11 win over Chicago.

This was another ugly game for Goff, who the Rams hid behind a run-heavy gamescript. His interception was an ill-advised throw under pressure that went directly to Roquan Smith. Goff was playing without much of a supporting cast with Robert Woods a surprise inactive. He's had a rough start to November, with no touchdowns and three interceptions over the last two games. Goff will likely continue his downward trend in a matchup with the Ravens on Monday night in Week 12.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:20 PM ET

This was another ugly game for Goff, who the Rams hid behind a run-heavy gamescript. His interception was an ill-advised throw under pressure that went directly to Roquan Smith. Goff was playing without much of a supporting cast with Robert Woods a surprise inactive. He's had a rough start to November, with no touchdowns and three interceptions over the last two games. Goff will likely continue his downward trend in a matchup with the Ravens on Monday night in Week 12.
To be fair, he had a 52-yard TD called back for a ticky-tack procedure penalty, and a 50-yard TD overturned to a 49-yard completion because Kupp didn't quite get into the end zone. (That resulted in a Gurley running TD).

To be fair, he had a 52-yard TD called back for a ticky-tack procedure penalty, and a 50-yard TD overturned to a 49-yard completion because Kupp didn't quite get into the end zone. (That resulted in a Gurley running TD).
Agreed. And to be fair 35 yr old Brady would look atrocious behind this line. Goff has his issues, no doubt, but the situation is difficult to say the least. 

Agreed. And to be fair 35 yr old Brady would look atrocious behind this line. Goff has his issues, no doubt, but the situation is difficult to say the least. 
I think one thing both of those passes reminded me of is that Goff has one of the best deep balls in the league. When he can set up and step into his throw he's amazing. But he isn't great improvising, as the INT tonight showed, just a poor decision and poor throw. 

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 11

Excerpt:

5. Jared Goff averages a 78.4 passer rating over his last 18 games (postseason included). For perspective, Brock Osweiler retired with a 78.0 passer rating. 

Yeah… If you invested heavily in the Rams’ offense, or really any Rams player outside of Cooper Kupp, things aren’t looking too pretty for you. For whatever reason, after leading the league in points scored per game from 2017-2018 (31.4), the Rams’ offense has fallen back down to earth, and hard (22.1). And Goff, more or less, has turned back into an Osweiler-sized pumpkin.

Los Angeles’ issues are multiple but one of the key problems is a deteriorated offensive line that ranks third-worst in pass-block grade after ranking seventh-best in 2018. This has been especially problematic for Goff, who, since entering the league, ranks seventh-worst of 27 qualifying quarterbacks in under-pressure passer rating (62.6). Goff’s issues, obviously, have had a detrimental effect on the rest of the team.

Todd Gurley averages 14.0 fantasy points per game, which ranks 16th among running backs, and is nearly half his average over the prior two seasons (26.0). Among all wide receivers, Robert Woods ranks 36th (12.7) and Brandin Cooks 55th (9.8) in fantasy points per game. Gerald Everett ranks 14th in fantasy points per game (8.6). Again, the only player to get excited about is  Kupp (17.6), but even he struggles with consistency, falling below 12.0 fantasy points in five of 10 games.

Jared Goff completed 26-of-37 passes for 212 scoreless yards and two interceptions in the Rams' 45-6, Week 12 loss to the Ravens Monday night.

It's been all downhill for Goff this season since his nightmarish 78 yards performance against the 49ers in Week 6. Over his last six games, Goff has four touchdown passes to five interceptions and six fumbles. He has one 300-yard game in that span against the winless Bengals. Even the previously comfy confines of the L.A. Coliseum aren't enough to get Goff up off the mat in fantasy anymore. He's devolved into a bottom-barrel QB2 who the Rams are actively trying to hide as they transition to a defensive-minded, run-the-ball team. That obviously didn't work tonight, as Lamar Jackson put five touchdowns on L.A. and took the fourth quarter off. The Rams go to Arizona in Week 13. The Cardinals should be favored in that one.

Had to start him with Cousins on bye.  Debating now whether to keep him as a backup/insurance for Cousins, or dump him and grab/stash Drew Lock for the future, and pray Cousins doesn't get hurt down the stretch (or I go get Sean Mannion).

(16-team contract league; the WW is barren)

Had to start him with Cousins on bye.  Debating now whether to keep him as a backup/insurance for Cousins, or dump him and grab/stash Drew Lock for the future, and pray Cousins doesn't get hurt down the stretch (or I go get Sean Mannion).

(16-team contract league; the WW is barren)
Coincidentally, I'm in a 16-team league and drafted Conner,  AJones, Woods, Golladay, Ekler, Goff, MJones, Cousins. In large leagues, drafting a backup can play dividends. I'd go with Goff, as he has some easier games coming up, except for another beatdown by SF in week 16. 

I’m cutting him in 12-team redraft. Feels good. I also have Darnold and Goff has shown himself to be worthless on the road and vs good defenses at home. The next game that doesn’t fit that description is in Week 17.

There were 5 QBs on the wire that I’d rather have ROS. Trying for Tannehill. 

Users who are viewing this thread