What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (4 Viewers)

Couldn't the ACL affect his shiftiness? 

I like him enough to have drafted him in a recent dynasty, but there is some concern. 
Have to disagree with Dr. Dan as well.  The ACL is all about shiftiness.  Straight line speed would be much less affected.

Have to disagree with Dr. Dan as well.  The ACL is all about shiftiness.  Straight line speed would be much less affected.
Wes Welker came back rather effectively the season after an ACL and MCL, and I’d consider him to be more shifty than speedy, no?

Wes Welker came back rather effectively the season after an ACL and MCL, and I’d consider him to be more shifty than speedy, no?
Sure, no argument here.  Just saying it would have less affect on straight line speed.

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
Couldn't the ACL affect his shiftiness? 

I like him enough to have drafted him in a recent dynasty, but there is some concern. 
I guess we define shiftiness differently, or perhaps I used the wrong word. 

Agility is affected yes, but hes crafty in his getting open. Maybe that's the term I needed to use. 

Judging by last season's numbers (esp redzone looks) , the Rams offense as a whole, and him starting training camp free to practice I'm going to go ahead and predict Kupp is a top ten ppr wr this season.

The Athletic's Jay Glazer reports Cooper Kupp "timed better" in every athletic test post-ACL tear.

"All his test scores, coming out of his breaks, agility, quickness, every test timed better than it was before he tore his ACL," Glazer writes. "It’s incredible." Kupp managed to avoid Los Angeles' active/PUP list despite tearing his ACL in November and has since had his workload "measured" during camp. Now fully healthy, it's terrific news for all involved as both Jared Goff and Robert Woods performed better at their respective positions with Kupp manning the slot full-time. Currently being drafted as fantasy's WR23, Kupp seems like a good bet to be at full speed come Week 1.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 21, 2019, 8:21 PM ET

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 2

Excerpt:

2. Through two weeks, Cooper Kupp leads the Rams in targets (19, by four) and receiving yards (166 yards, by 53).

Kupp is just 10 months removed from a full ACL tear, but he looked spry on Sunday, catching five of nine targets for 120 yards and adding an additional six yards on the ground. This backs an earlier report from Jay Glazer, who wrote, “All his test scores, coming out of his breaks, agility, quickness, every test timed better than it was before he tore his ACL. It’s incredible.”

With Kupp’s health no longer in question, perhaps it’s time we started treating him not only as the team’s WR1, but also as a fantasy WR1. Since Kupp entered the league, Jared Goff averages a 101.8 passer rating in games Kupp was active. When Kupp has been inactive, Goff averages a passer rating of only 85.7. For perspective, that would have been the difference between finishing eighth-best and seventh-worst (of 32 qualifiers) last year.

Kupp now averages 19.2 fantasy points per game over the last 10 games he’s started and finished (would have ranked eighth-best last year), or 16.9 fantasy points per game across his last 16 healthy games (would have ranked 14th).

Cooper Kupp caught 11-of-12 targets for 102 yards and two touchdowns in the Rams' Week 3 win over the Browns.

Kupp caught both of Jared Goff’s touchdowns on throws in the red-zone. He tied Brandin Cooks for the team-lead in targets and finished just behind Cooks in receiving. It's the second straight week Kupp has went over 100 yards. Kupp has looked faster and stronger than he was before his 2018 knee surgery. He should stay hot with a matchup with the Bucs in Week 4.

Sep 23, 2019, 12:00 AM ET

Wanted to wait three weeks before saying anything to see how he settled in.

Think the target numbers and that catch and run in week two tell you all you need to know about Kupp.  My dynasty team is happy about this one.

-15 last night vs OBJ in the night cap and he lit it up 2nd half. Didn't think I had a chance to win going into last night's game. 

He gets a lot of praise in the media, owners who have never owned him or watch him play all the time seem clueless to how good this guy is. Cooks and Woods do produce a lot when dialed up but Kupp seems to move the sticks and set them up in manageable situations on 3rd down. He also seems capable of going long even though they don't ask him to do that very often. 

-15 last night vs OBJ in the night cap and he lit it up 2nd half. Didn't think I had a chance to win going into last night's game. 

He gets a lot of praise in the media, owners who have never owned him or watch him play all the time seem clueless to how good this guy is. Cooks and Woods do produce a lot when dialed up but Kupp seems to move the sticks and set them up in manageable situations on 3rd down. He also seems capable of going long even though they don't ask him to do that very often. 
Same scenario for me last night.  Going into the night game, I was down by 5 pts.  He had OBJ I had cupp.  Cupp smoked him. Lol 

Cooper Kupp caught 9-of-15 targets for 121 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' Week 4 loss to the Bucs.

Kupp has gone over 100 yards in three straight games and has three touchdowns his last two outings. Kupp is averaging 11.5 targets per game and is all the way back, and maybe even better, from his torn ACL. With 25% of the season in the books, Kupp is on pace for 128 catches for 1,556 yards and 12 touchdowns on 184 targets. Kupp is a locked-in, every-week WR1 ahead of Thursday night's Week 5 date with the Seahawks in Seattle.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:21 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught 9-of-17 targets for 117 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 5 loss to the Seahawks.

The 100-yard game was Kupp's fourth straight, while he's now gone at least 9/100 in three straight games, scoring four touchdowns in the process. There's a word for that: WR1. Kupp kept getting himself completely wide open in the middle of the field. The targets will keep flowing vs. the 49ers' undermanned secondary in Week 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
U can’t stop him. Have him in every dynasty I’m in because you could get him for a very good price. Somehow still underrated, looks like rams are going to be behind a lot this year 

He's been unstoppable since entering the league. The only thing that can stop him is injury, either to himself or Goff.

If you take the average PPG from his 6 full games last year (excluding the two he left early due to injury), he would've finished WR #2 in PPR. 

People scoffed when I picked him. "Really? Before woods and Cooks? Ok."

Yes very ok.
Hah same in my league. “Little early for him?” “Isn’t he still hurt” when I snagged him late 4th. Well no it’s never too early for an ### kicking and he is very ok indeed.

Hah same in my league. “Little early for him?” “Isn’t he still hurt” when I snagged him late 4th. Well no it’s never too early for an ### kicking and he is very ok indeed.
similar refrain in at least 2 of my leagues, and I've had him in Dynasty since rook draft. And doncha just LOVE how he went from 3rd WR ranked as late as week 2 to suddenly the pundits' darling "Start him" pick? Without any apologies for the slight of course. The GALL! 😄

Made me nervous the 2 or 3 times he looked at his left knee after a play. He rolled up his pants a few times to have a look. He kept playing so I guess all was fine.

Cooper Kupp caught 4-of-6 targets for 17 yards in the Rams' Week 6 loss to the 49ers.

Jared Goff had a career-worst day, producing just 78 passing yards. Kupp led the team in targets, and no Rams pass-catcher had more than 25 receiving yards. Kupp should rebound in a big way next week against the Falcons.

Cooper Kupp caught 6-of-8 targets for 50 yards in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Falcons.

It was a smash spot on paper, but Jared Goff was inaccurate early, and the Falcons struggled to make a game of things, limiting the need for coach Sean McVay to get wild. Kupp has now been held below 100 yards just three times all year, but that includes twice in the past two weeks. The Rams could not have a better Week 8 matchup for their receiver corps, where they will be hosting a Bengals defense missing both of its starting corners.

Oct 20, 2019, 5:46 PM ET

Cooper Kupp caught 7-of-10 targets for 220 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' 24-10, Week 8 win over the Bengals.

Kupp had a down Weeks 6-7 with just 10 total catches for 67 scoreless yards, but this was a predictable smash spot for the third-year pro. The Bengals simply refused to cover him in the middle of the field, and Kupp was constantly racking up big-time yards after the catch. He went into halftime with 5-165-1 and scored from 65 yards out on a triple-reverse that started as a pitch to Kupp, who handed it to Robert Woods, who handed it to Jared Goff, and then hit Kupp down the right side behind a defender who fell down. Kupp did nothing after the first drive of the third quarter, but the damage had already been done. An every-week WR1, Kupp and the Rams are headed into their bye now.

This past week I got two trade offers for him in my dynasty league - one for a 2nd and one for a 2nd and a third.  

Hopefully I won't get any more "buy low" offers the rest of the season after this week.

Users who are viewing this thread