What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (1 Viewer)

Not a lot of guys I would start ahead of him this week. Love his future with Goff moving forward too.......

i would say very doubtful.  kupp lines up all over and is on the end of the line like a TEish a lot too
That wouldn’t be the reason Peterson wouldn’t follow him. PP usually follows the number 1 guy no matter where he lines up.

I think he’ll shadow Watkins though.

word.  i just didn't think PP would be shadowing all of those intermediate routes.  kupp even fake blocks on play action a lot

Playing him over Tyreek, Amari (who could miss anyways), Juju, and Hyde. So they'll probably all go off and he'll probably have a mediocre game.

Playing him over Tyreek, Amari (who could miss anyways), Juju, and Hyde. So they'll probably all go off and he'll probably have a mediocre game.
As bad as noodle arm Alex Smith is i dont blame you but Tyreek might blow up despite his situation. Kupp def has a higher floor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance Peterson shadows Kupp instead of Watkins?
PP will shadow Watkins. The few times this year he did not shadow the other teams best WR was those cases where the other teams best WR was more of a possession WR but that team had a WR who could take the top off.

steelers1080 said:
Amari and Juju likely out. I'd prefer Hyde and Tyreek.

Milkman said:
As bad as noodle arm Alex Smith is i dont blame you but Tyreek might blow up despite his situation. Kupp def has a higher floor. 
I'm going for floor right now because I'm projected to win by 30 points in week 1 of the 2 week playoffs, so I just want a relatively safe play. I'd rather have 80% chance of 8 points, than a 30% chance of 16 points.

Also, if Peterson is on Watkins, I'd be shocked if Kupp had less than 100 yards.

Can ARI score enough points so that LAR will continue to throw late into the game before it becomes a grind it out Gurley game and tick, tick, tick for the W?

I like Kupp a lot this week and so does Bloom. Choices, choices...

Kupps could get his 100 yards and a score in the first 3 quarters, correct? Although I'd prefer it if ARI could keep it somewhat close and more of a shoot out - lol. Vegas has it around 26 - 19 LAR. Say 27 points. Three total TD's, one to Gurley on the ground or air and two more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can ARI score enough points so that LAR will continue to throw late into the game before it becomes a grind it out Gurley game and tick, tick, tick for the W?

I like Kupps a lot this week and so does Bloom. Choices, choices...

Kupps could get his 100 yards and a score in the first 3 quarters, correct? Although I'd prefer it if ARI could keep it somewhat close and more of a shoot out - lol. Vegas has it around 26 - 19 LAR. Say 27 points. Three total TD's, one to Gurley on the ground or air and two more.
Even if they go up they'll still go to him to move the chains on 3rd downs

Team Smokin' said:

I like Kupps a lot this week and so does Bloom. Choices, choices...

There's no "s" in his name.  There are 2 girls but there is only one Kupp.

Is he a must start this week? Debating between him and Baldwin. If Peterson is on Watkins, Kupp could have another big game. 

Is he a must start this week? Debating between him and Baldwin. If Peterson is on Watkins, Kupp could have another big game. 
Yeah he's hard to bench right now. Have to decide between Kupp, J. Williams and Collins in one league and I don't have the guts to start him over Fournette in another.  

So it is official? Is he the best rookie WR this year, like Steve Smith predicted?
With Juju fading of late could see Kupp earning that distinction. Don't think there's anything scary for him out of the slot (assuming Woods returns) next week vs. Seattle and he could kill it in Week 16 vs. Tennessee. Wouldn't surprise me if he's this year's Adam Thielen. 

You don't think the bloom will be off the rose a bit with Woods back next week?
I think the bloom will come off Watkins, whatever bloom is still there.

Woods and Kupp have been the team's best receivers (and Gurley) the entire season. I don't see that changing now. Plus with Woods back Kupp moves more to the slot and more often than not the prime WR matchups come in the slot vs. backup DBs. 

So the consensus is that he will do well vs Seattle this week? He's in now, but might put Evans or Collins in over him.

Saw someone hyping Dede last week by saying that the Seahawks are turrible against WR2s this season.
They had been. Matchup was a good one but Woods being back and game flow hurt Kupp a lot. 

Love the matchup for him again this week vs. the Titans but I'm not sure how confident I am with him after what happened last week. Leaning toward sitting him now as my WR4. Can't afford another dud even as my WR4. 

Watkins has moved on, Woods signed a 5 year deal that works as a two year deal (no cap hit after 2018) and Kupp posted a pro-rated (Rams sat everyone week 17) 66-927-5. 100 targets over 16 games.

I can see Kupp getting 125 targets at a 65% catch rate. 81 catches.

14 Y/R might be a bit high with Woods also averaging 14 Y/R, think Kupp comes down to about 13.25 as he adds a few shorter routes that Watkins used to run. Kupp's slightly bigger than Woods, but not drastically. 1,073 yards.

TD per 13 receptions is low. This number comes back up to 10 with Watkins not dominating red zone TD throws (Watkins 2017 TDs were 1, 13, 67, 17, 5, 11, 1, 3). By Comp, Kupp's were (18, 7, 6, 14, 18) and Woods are (52, 4, 94, 12, 1).

Of the 18 TD passes to the top 3 WRs (Gurley is a separate beast), 15 were in the RZ. I think Kupp moves to a TD per 10 Reception number.

Gives a 2018 line of 81-1073-8, or a pretty decent WR2.

Watkins has moved on, Woods signed a 5 year deal that works as a two year deal (no cap hit after 2018) and Kupp posted a pro-rated (Rams sat everyone week 17) 66-927-5. 100 targets over 16 games.

14 Y/R might be a bit high with Woods also averaging 14 Y/R, think Kupp comes down to about 13.25 as he adds a few shorter routes that Watkins used to run. Kupp's slightly bigger than Woods, but not drastically. 1,073 yards.

TD per 13 receptions is low. This number comes back up to 10 with Watkins not dominating red zone TD throws (Watkins 2017 TDs were 1, 13, 67, 17, 5, 11, 1, 3). By Comp, Kupp's were (18, 7, 6, 14, 18) and Woods are (52, 4, 94, 12, 1).

Of the 18 TD passes to the top 3 WRs (Gurley is a separate beast), 15 were in the RZ. I think Kupp moves to a TD per 10 Reception number.

Rams have to add someone to stretch the defense. Watkins didn't do much but I think he was still receiving the #1 coverage. Paul Richardson would be a nice speed guy that would fit well of the top of my head. I expect both Woods & Kupp to put up better reception/yardage totals but probably a little less efficient w/o Watkins there.

Don't forget this was his rookie season.  I think he's very undervalued in PPR. 

Rams have to add someone to stretch the defense. Watkins didn't do much but I think he was still receiving the #1 coverage. Paul Richardson would be a nice speed guy that would fit well of the top of my head. I expect both Woods & Kupp to put up better reception/yardage totals but probably a little less efficient w/o Watkins there.
Woods isn't slow (4.51 in the 40 at the combine). Kupp is slower.
A guy like John Brown or Mike Wallace would fit this profile, but if all they want is a speedster, they have the answer under contract, for the moment anyway.

Tavon Austin was blistering at his combine. He could/should have been a Tarik Cohen or Tyreek Hill, the Rams just never figured out how to utilize his speed.
8 million for a guy to run 10 fly routes a game isn't that much of an overpay in this day and age, but maybe the Rams could bring him back a little cheaper.

They owe him 5 million in a bonus anyway and it appears his salary is only 3 million. To dump him and then sign a different guy to take the top off the defense doesn't make sense to me.

Josh Reynolds could be the deep threat guy.  I don't mean that an an endorsement of him (don't know much about him), but he looked decent in the playing time he earned with Woods out due to injury.

I am a Kupp owner in a keeper league, so perhaps I see things optimistically, but my first impression in all this is Woods potentially getting the #1 cornerback could be a volume boost for Kupp.  I'm not sold on Woods as a true #1 for real life, though I think he's proven he's a really valuable real life player for the Rams.

Josh Reynolds could be the deep threat guy.  I don't mean that an an endorsement of him (don't know much about him), but he looked decent in the playing time he earned with Woods out due to injury.

I am a Kupp owner in a keeper league, so perhaps I see things optimistically, but my first impression in all this is Woods potentially getting the #1 cornerback could be a volume boost for Kupp.  I'm not sold on Woods as a true #1 for real life, though I think he's proven he's a really valuable real life player for the Rams.
Agreed. I was shocked at how good Woods looked last year, and am a little concerned that if he receives more attention his effectiveness will drop.

Don't forget this was his rookie season.  I think he's very undervalued in PPR. 
Don't forget that Cooper is old for a rookie (will be 25 next year), is already a technician and probably maxed out athletically.  I don't think he's reached his ceiling or anything yet, I think he could be a 100 catch guy in the right system.   But I think he already does alot of the stuff that helps rookies make that leap in year 2/3.  Let's see though.  

cockroach said:
Don't forget that Cooper is old for a rookie (will be 25 next year), is already a technician and probably maxed out athletically.  I don't think he's reached his ceiling or anything yet, I think he could be a 100 catch guy in the right system.   But I think he already does alot of the stuff that helps rookies make that leap in year 2/3.  Let's see though.  
I feel like 100 catches would be pushing him into WR1 territory.  Given his volume in the 65 catch range last year, I think it's pretty reasonable to project him adding about one catch per game on average, up to 80 receptions.  I'd be very happy with solid WR2 production.

I feel like 100 catches would mean something has really gone wrong with the Rams' offense.

I feel like 100 catches would be pushing him into WR1 territory.  Given his volume in the 65 catch range last year, I think it's pretty reasonable to project him adding about one catch per game on average, up to 80 receptions.  I'd be very happy with solid WR2 production.

I feel like 100 catches would mean something has really gone wrong with the Rams' offense.
Oh yea, I wouldn't project him for that, but he has the hands and route running ability to make it a reality

Users who are viewing this thread