Penguin

E.Washington WR Cooper Kupp

265 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, C-Bound said:

The Josh Norman shadow talk for one.  But honestly, at this point does Watkins really have more upside than Kupp game to game in PPR?

Ah I suppose Norman something to consider.

I think Watkins has a lot more talent and upside than Kupp yes.

1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

yeah but they're both white.

:thumbdown:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Insein said:

Going with my gut and starting him over TY this week. 

Same here     :hifive:

Sitting him but only because Im loaded at WR (Evans, Diggs, Adams, Hilton, Landry, Hogan, Kupp)....

1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

I get what you're saying, but... Not to compare Odell to Sammy, but you get what I'm saying? It's not like Norman is Rod Woodson reincarnated. 

37 minutes ago, bb7278 said:

Going with my gut and starting him over TY this week. 

So you might say Hilton has to play with a sub par QB, what exactly do you call the Rams QB? Goff's had one good game in his career and a bunch of terrible ones. Banking on what might be his third option is a heavy risk.

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I like Kupp a lot but he's really not even close to being as fast or athletic as Jordy Nelson. He's much more of a possession receiver.

I think it's a lot closer than you might think it is.  40 times aren't drastically different.  Cupp was a hell of an athlete in HS in hoops and football.  He's more than a possession receive, IMO.  

I tried to get a buddy to put $$ down on Cupp being ROY, but none of the books he went to would offer the bet. :kicksrock:

1 person likes this

Kupp's long speed isn't great but his short area quickness is borderline elite.

4.08 sec 20 yard shuttle

6.75 3 cone

And he's a great route runner with great size.......give me those prospects all day.....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, packer_junkie said:

Sitting him but only because Im loaded at WR (Evans, Diggs, Adams, Hilton, Landry, Hogan, Kupp)....

Start 2 WR? Cause from where I'm sitting Kupp's your third.

2 people like this

I'm starting him over Crabtree because I like to gamble. Oak shouldnt need to throw much vs Jets. Went RB heavy this year Coop and Golliday were my lotto tix.

On 9/15/2017 at 0:07 PM, Biabreakable said:

Does Wash play man or zone? If man, they'd be crazy not to have Norman shadow Watkins. Kupp is good, and has the eye of Goff, but Watkins can juke a lesser CB out of his cleats and take it to the house. 

11 minutes ago, pinkham13 said:

I'm starting him over Crabtree because I like to gamble. Oak shouldnt need to throw much vs Jets. Went RB heavy this year Coop and Golliday were my lotto tix.

Ballsy. Crabtree is a must start every week for me, regardless of opponent. He's too consistent and too good at contested catches and has a knack for the endzone - all of which makes him one of the best WR2s in FF. 

FWIW, I'm starting both. Kupp is my WR3 this week and I'm hoping for WR2 numbers. 

Edited by flysack
1 person likes this

I don't really know if that will be the game plan. (Having Norman shadow Watkins frequently)

I think with motions and shifts its hard to play man except for in a few situations. The Rams can get Watson match ups they like still.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:33 PM, General Malaise said:

I think it's a lot closer than you might think it is.  40 times aren't drastically different.  Cupp was a hell of an athlete in HS in hoops and football.  He's more than a possession receive, IMO.  

I tried to get a buddy to put $$ down on Cupp being ROY, but none of the books he went to would offer the bet. :kicksrock:

Was this buddy an erotic dancer who went halfies on the bet?

Just curious. :D

4 minutes ago, flysack said:

Ballsy. Crabtree is a must start ever week for me, regardless of opponent. He's too consistent and too good at contested catches and has a knack for the endzone - all of which makes him one of the best WR2s in FF. 

FWIW, I'm starting both. Kupp is my WR3 this week and I'm hoping for WR2 numbers. 

It is a gut check call for sure. But my opponent looks very beatable this week he lost David Johnson.

4 minutes ago, pinkham13 said:

It is a gut check call for sure. But my opponent looks very beatable this week he lost David Johnson.

I just saw that the Jets are ranked 24 vs. the run but 15th vs. the pass so far. That's deceptive. The Jets are actually good at stopping the run with a solid DL, and have garbage and inexperience in the secondary. They just played Buffalo week one, who can run the ball better than anyone and have no WRs to speak of. 

Edited by flysack
1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, flysack said:

I just saw that the Jets are ranked 24 vs. the run but 15th vs. the pass so far. That's deceptive. The Jets are actually good at stopping the run with a solid DL, and have garbage and inexperience in the secondary. They just played Buffalo week one, who can run the ball better than anyone and have no WRs to speak of. 

Good observation. Crabtree is very consistent. In my ppr league he put up double digits 13 of 16 games. No reason to really bench him other than I like Kupp and I like to gamble.

7 hours ago, pinkham13 said:

Did you sit Crabtree for him?

7 hours ago, pinkham13 said:

Ouch. 

I only started him over TY. So not much difference.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:37 PM, meanjoegreen said:

Did you sit Crabtree for him?

I did. Ending up tying my good friend. Won't do that again lol!

Goff went 15/225/1/1 last week. Even after Cooper's 3/33/0 week he's still on pace for 193 pts. in a PPR. Not bad for an old FCS white rookie.

That's T.Hill, A.Robinson, D.Hopkins, K.Benjamin, J.Crowder, W.Sneed, S.Diggs territory last year. And while some of those guys suffered thru bad/terrible QB play, so is he this season.

Now, starting him over Crabtree is a little :loco: but he should be a decent "What the heck flex" play in PPR leagues that start 2WR/2Flex or 3WR/2Flex.

Edited by Penguin
1 person likes this

Playing J.J. over him this week.  But as a Rams fan hope he destroys tonight.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:10 PM, pinkham13 said:

Good observation. Crabtree is very consistent. In my ppr league he put up double digits 13 of 16 games. No reason to really bench him other than I like Kupp and I like to gamble.

I tried to warn you....

Not rubbing it in your face; I've made many a mistake like this. Just saying. 

Never ever bench a guy as reliable as Crabtree, especially when he has a juicy matchup. The 3 TDs he scored against the Jets made him the top WR in my PPR league.

Edited by flysack

On 9/17/2017 at 0:38 PM, flysack said:

It's tempting to start Coop this week vs. the 49ers, but the Carolina and Seattle games indicate the 49ers are better against the pass than run. No Seattle or Carolina WR scored more than 14 points (PPR) against them in my league. That's against two savvy veteran QBs with two legit #1 WRs in Benjamin and Baldwin. What do you think a green Goff and Coop will do?

Not much. If LAR are smart, they'll pound Gurley for the win.

I'm keeping Coop on the bench again. Hope it doesn't bite me in the butt.

Edited by flysack

I like Kupp a lot but it’s tough to start him at this stage. I’m rolling with Allen, Cooks, Parker, and flexing JJ. I only have a 16th rounder invested in him but I think he’s going to have some big weeks. I think he’ll be a good book/bust flex all year.