What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khalil Mack DE or LB? (1 Viewer)

jigglyhuts

Footballguy
I've heard rumbling that Khalil Mack might get a DE position designation does anyone know if this is true andif so when will that be made official?

yeah...it looks like on MFL they are sticking with him being a LB. Not sure on other sites like ESPN and so forth. Jene Bramel talks about this on the last IDP podcast show, so check that out.

I'm thinking that I'll roll him out there despite the designation. I picked him knowing the possibility of him staying listed as a lb and my reasoning was that he will be disruptive on the field regardless. Obviously listing him at DL would be a major spike, but I had a feeling he would not be reclassified.

I just did an NFL.com draft and I got Mack as a DL. I swooped him up with the quickness thinking he'd be golden as a DL!

Yahoo has him listed as a LB/DE. I'm trying to decide between Mack and Quinn in my DL spot.

He's listed as a DL pretty much everywhere now. What are some expectations for him there? Isn't he a bit undersized as a DL? Does he have any experience playing DL in college?

Patsfan39 said:
MFL still has him at LB. Is he getting switched to DE anytime soon? He's a top flight DE if switched.
I don't think Mack will be switched, however if he was, I would easily put him top 5. Mack is going to be a monster and with tackles and sacks he would easily be a top DE.

Even at LB he could easily still be a top 10 option at the position. Keep in mind that no matter his designation he will be playing both positions as the Raiders have all kinds of different 3-4/4-3 alignments going on this year. Only time will tell of course.

Does MFL ever change position designations after the season starts? i.e. Could he still be moved to DL this year?

I have an owner wanting to change his position designation to DL. Jene Bramel: Do you think he'll have his hand in the dirt more than he'll line up as a LB?

skycriesmary said:
Does MFL ever change position designations after the season starts? i.e. Could he still be moved to DL this year?
No. Positions are final once the season starts no matter what (which makes sense, gotta draw a line somewhere).

Any idea if he is going to be listed as a DE this year on MFL?
Who knows what they'll do with Mack. Last year, Jared Allen is traded from Chicago to Carolina in season. He went from being a 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE and MFL changed his position.

Last year, the Rams moved Mark Barron from Safety to LB during the season and MFL didn't change his position.

What do people think his trade value is now? The switch leaves me with 4 high end DEs so I'm looking for RB/WR help,  but I'm having trouble pricing him. I turned down an offer of their 1st round pick for my Mack / DGB almost immediately. 

Huge move. Wish I owned him.

Long term, I would be cautious that he stays there.

Raiders playing a lot of 3-4.

Any reason for concern tonight against the Chiefs?  Tallied 5 solos, 2 assists, and a sack in their last meeting, and he's been on a huge tear.

We only start 1 IDP in my league, but the last four weeks have seen Mack with the highest scoring average among my options.  It's just the playoffs, and the time of year to over analyze everything...

One IDP starter?  what's the point?  As a Mack owner, I know he is great, but I'm sure there must be a LB with a higher floor than the top DL.  You just never know when you will get one of those shutout games, which can totally happen to a DL.

One IDP starter?  what's the point?  As a Mack owner, I know he is great, but I'm sure there must be a LB with a higher floor than the top DL.  You just never know when you will get one of those shutout games, which can totally happen to a DL.
It's a 16-teamer and the top options are mostly owned... I started a thread in the IDP assistant coach if you'd like to weigh in.

Mack was DL on MFL last year but just noticed he's back to LB designation now on MFL (and Rotoworld).  Depth chart sites, like Ourlads, have him at DL still though.

Anyone know what's up?

I have a dispersal draft starting next week and he's available (and would be one of my top IDP targets if he's DL).

Users who are viewing this thread