What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (2 Viewers)

Would you start Kirk vs TB over him?  I’m tempted. 
Kirk could absolutely outperform Lockett this week. Who cares? So could Jameson Crowder or Devante Parker or Zay Jones for all we know.

Nope. 

i would dance with the girl that brought me.

Lockett has been MONEY every game this year. I will bench him when the season is over. And maybe not even then.

lockett is my ride or die. :wub:  
But this is the right answer. Not only has Lockett been a consistent top 5 WR in most formats he has also produced consistently week-over-week. Over the last two seasons he has absolutely what people really mean when they say "always start your studs".

Yes, if Kirk outperforms him and you went with Lockett you will feel foolish but how will you feel if you start Kirk  and Lockett outperforms him like he has done all season? Worse, would be my guess.

Then there is the fact that while he has had a few nice games Kirk has never demonstrated the explosive, single handed game winning potential that Lockett has.

No, despite the tough matchup you go with the clearly superior wide receiver with the clearly superior quarterback.

Kirk could absolutely outperform Lockett this week. Who cares? So could Jameson Crowder or Devante Parker or Zay Jones for all we know.

But this is the right answer. Not only has Lockett been a consistent top 5 WR in most formats he has also produced consistently week-over-week. Over the last two seasons he has absolutely what people really mean when they say "always start your studs".

Yes, if Kirk outperforms him and you went with Lockett you will feel foolish but how will you feel if you start Kirk  and Lockett outperforms him like he has done all season? Worse, would be my guess.

Then there is the fact that while he has had a few nice games Kirk has never demonstrated the explosive, single handed game winning potential that Lockett has.

No, despite the tough matchup you go with the clearly superior wide receiver with the clearly superior quarterback.
I’ll add to that the benefit that since Dissley went down, Lockett has been targeted in short & goal to go. 

5 yard & 1 yard TDs count just the same. 

and some of the amazing plays Wilson has made to Lockett were in great coverage. And outside of Sherman, the Niners don’t cover great. 

I'm eager to see how this defense holds up against 1. A mobile QB like Wilson who can extend plays, and 2. Without their starting MLB, who was well above average in coverage. Without Alexander across the middle, Lockett’s job gets a lot easier. That’s assuming Gordon plays and Lockett spends more time in the slot.

Fearless forecast: 10 targets, 7 receptions, 110 yards, 1 TD. 

Nope. 

i would dance with the girl that brought me.

Lockett has been MONEY every game this year. I will bench him when the season is over. And maybe not even then.

lockett is my ride or die. :wub:  
Gotta agree with Mr Sauce here.   Kirk could very well out score Lockett this week but sitting the proven stud for potential normally doesn't work out for me.  

Chaka said:

:lmao:

Well, of course that happened.

Chaka said:
:lmao:

Well, of course that happened.
Ya, gonna cost me again....Unless Lockett, Dwelley, and Bosa can get me 32 points, the following team is gonna go 4-6:

Lamar, Dalvin, Saquon, Cooper, K Chris G, Tyler, George.

Best year I've ever had trading to assemble a dominant lineup and worst year I've ever had for matchups.  Have lost 3 times as the 2nd highest weekly points.   Fantasy sucks a lot sometimes.

Tyler Lockett caught just 3-of-4 targets for 26 yards in the Seahawks' Week 10 win over the 49ers.

He exited on the first play of overtime with a lower leg injury and never returned to the game. The good news is he remained on the sideline, so it doesn't appear serious, but this was a disappointing effort after going 13-152-2 last week against the Bucs. Lockett has four-or-fewer targets in four games this season. He's been a week-to-week headache for fantasy owners but overall remains a top-12 wideout. Lockett will get the Week 11 bye to rest up ahead of a date with the Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evidently this can be serious if not caught early, which they did. Bye week comes at a perfect time so, hopefully, he won't miss a game. Hopefully.

I got a leg contusion in college one time. I was playing backyard football and a buddy tackled me and his knee hit me in the calf. I limped around as it felt like a charlie horse and I couldn't put much weight on it. 3 days later I was at the Doctors and back to campus with crutches and a handicap parking pass for 3 weeks. It was just a freak little injury, but I limped around for weeks.

Just one man's experience, and I'm sure there are "different grades" of contusions. And he's a world class athlete with world class trainers who will treat it well.

I got a leg contusion in college one time. I was playing backyard football and a buddy tackled me and his knee hit me in the calf. I limped around as it felt like a charlie horse and I couldn't put much weight on it. 3 days later I was at the Doctors and back to campus with crutches and a handicap parking pass for 3 weeks. It was just a freak little injury, but I limped around for weeks.

Just one man's experience, and I'm sure there are "different grades" of contusions. And he's a world class athlete with world class trainers who will treat it well.
Don’t sell yourself so short Scooby

Jesus!  Tyler was my only WR left standing after Thielen and Hilton went out, and AJ Green faked a bum ankle.  It's been a rough fantasy season.  I am gonna end the season with a bunch of waiver wire hopefuls.

Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett taken to hospital due to swelling in leg after leaving game vs. 49ers

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Seahawks star receiver Tyler Lockett left Monday night’s game against the 49ers with a lower left leg contusion that was severe enough to require an immediate trip to the hospital here, coach Pete Carroll said.

In the final seconds of regulation, Lockett received a kickoff and took a knee, sending the game into overtime. But he did not take the field in overtime and was instead taken to the hospital because of swelling, Carroll said, adding that there was concern of possible compartment syndrome in the leg.

It’s possible Lockett could stay the night at the hospital, but Carroll didn’t have an exact update immediately after the Seahawks’ 27-24 overtime victory.

Tyler Lockett got a really bad lower leg bruise, a contusion that caused some issue that we’re working on,” Carroll said.

“I can’t tell you much more about it right now. He’s out of here right now to get looked at.

“It’ll be OK, but it’s a pretty severe situation for right now. … We’re ahead of it, so we should be in good shape.”

Last edited by a moderator:
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Seahawks star receiver Tyler Lockett left Monday night’s game against the 49ers with a lower left leg contusion that was severe enough to require an immediate trip to the hospital here, coach Pete Carroll said.

In the final seconds of regulation, Lockett received a kickoff and took a knee, sending the game into overtime. But he did not take the field in overtime and was instead taken to the hospital because of swelling, Carroll said, adding that there was concern of possible compartment syndrome in the leg.

It’s possible Lockett could stay the night at the hospital, but Carroll didn’t have an exact update immediately after the Seahawks’ 27-24 overtime victory.

“Tyler Lockett got a really bad lower leg bruise, a contusion that caused some issue that we’re working on,” Carroll said.

“I can’t tell you much more about it right now. He’s out of here right now to get looked at.

“It’ll be OK, but it’s a pretty severe situation for right now. … We’re ahead of it, so we should be in good shape.”
Sounds like a bone bruise (speculating).

He might be fine by week 12.

Parking was so bad at my college. Could have made hundreds of that handicap pass.

first thing I thought of when I heard this story was a crush injury, especially if it's the same leg he fractured; the body will go into extra swelling mode given the history of the area. Those can be very serious. Glad this sounds like it's under control 

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes Tyler Lockett (leg) won't miss games.

Carroll is always optimistic about recovering from injuries and Lockett is still in a Bay Area hospital for swelling, but this is more good news all things considered. The Seahawks luckily have a bye this weekend and then the pressure will be on Lockett to get healthy for a matchup with the Eagles in Week 12. If Lockett can't overcome last night's "pretty severe situation", then DK Metcalf, Josh Gordon, and TE Jacob Hollister will have more on their plates.

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter

Nov 12, 2019, 6:23 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the "expectation" is Tyler Lockett (leg) will be ready to play Week 12 against the Eagles following the Seahawks' bye.

Lockett spent the last two nights in the hospital after experiencing swelling in his injured leg, but the Seattle bye is pretty timely for him and he's flying back to Seattle today. For now, fantasy owners can expect to have Lockett out there in two weeks.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 13, 2019, 1:29 PM ET

Updating a previous report, Tyler Lockett (shin) was officially limited in practice Wednesday.

Lockett is tracking towards playing Week 12, but it would be nice for him to get in a full practice before Sunday. Coach Pete Carroll has been optimistic about Lockett's chances of playing against the Eagles' beatable secondary. Assuming he's cleared, Lockett will be an upside WR2.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 7:29 PM ET

So, the #6 WR will be an upside WR2 if he plays versus the 5th worst D vs WR's?  Would that make Julio Jones, the leagues WR11, an upside WR2 vs TB?
Totally agree but to be fair I think the injury does downgrade his status.  Wouldn't be the first time an injured star player was trotted out and used as a decoy.

Tyler Lockett (shin) remained "limited" on Thursday.

Lockett is now fully on track to suit up against the Eagles' undermanned secondary. Even if he ends up sitting, the West Coast Seahawks are playing a rare 1PM ET road game, so fantasy players will have definitive word when setting their Sunday morning lineups. Lockett will be a WR1 in Philly.

Nov 21, 2019, 7:30 PM ET

if he suits up... how can you not get the feeling he's going to be a decoy while Metcalf blows up
Lockett is an outright stud. The connection with Wilson is one of the best in the league, if not THE best.

Past injuries to stud players and their disappointing performances after their comeback starts (Barkley, Kamara, DJ - yuck, Adams, and last night TY) are very much different types of severe injury. I will watch the reports closely and I do plan on starting Lockett. I have DK on the bench as a handcuff or Flex play. I could also start both Lockett and DK leaving T Williams on the bench. It's Friday and we'll know more information leading up to start with confidence as a WR 2 with upside this week. Yes, he's a top 6 overall. The bruise does cause a lil concern.

I just sense Lockett's shin and swelling bruise is different and the bye week was a perfect anecdote. 

Might play it safe and leave him on the bench this week and start someone healthy. Dunno.

Im struggling with the same thing, would like to see full practice today.

One good thing is that it was a bruise so its not like hes at risk of reinjuring something which is a major concern for guys coming back from pulls and strains so it gives a little more confidence if he gets in a full practice today.

Im struggling with the same thing, would like to see full practice today.

One good thing is that it was a bruise so its not like hes at risk of reinjuring something which is a major concern for guys coming back from pulls and strains so it gives a little more confidence if he gets in a full practice today.
Got the full practice in but one other thing to consider is he's on a west coast team playing a early game on the east coast. Usually that doesn't work out well for the visitors. Still, he's healthy and going against a bad secondary that has improved some recently. Hard to fault anyone starting him. 

Users who are viewing this thread