What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

using the DFS interactive value charts and one question (1 Viewer)

gbanko4

Footballguy
Hey everyone, hope you're all as excited about starting your first DFS week as I am. Just have a few questions.

One, I've been using the interactive value charts for a cash game tournament. Is the ideal point projection total about 150 to win money in cash games?

Two, Are there any ways you all use the interactive value charts that helps give you a more optimal lineup?

Hey everyone, hope you're all as excited about starting your first DFS week as I am. Just have a few questions.

One, I've been using the interactive value charts for a cash game tournament. Is the ideal point projection total about 150 to win money in cash games?

Two, Are there any ways you all use the interactive value charts that helps give you a more optimal lineup?
I personally disapprove of aiming for any specific point total. The points required to win in a given week will vary depending on how many byes there are that week, whether the contest is for all games that week or just a small subset (e.g., 4 pm only), how efficient the pricing is that week, etc. I always just try to score as many points as possible for any given lineup constraints (e.g., wanting to include a certain stack, wanting to exclude a certain player, etc.).

But I seem to be in the minority on that. Most people like to have a certain number of points to aim for -- including people who've won a lot more money than me. So for the sake of answering your question, here are the basic rules of thumb for NFL contests at FanDuel and DraftKings.

FanDuel cash games: aim for at least 120.

FanDuel GPPs: aim for at least 180.

DraftKings cash games: aim for at least 150.

DraftKings GPPs: aim for at least 200. (Aim for 250 in the huge contests with top-heavy payouts like the Millionaire Maker.)

And here are the rules of thumb for CFB contests.

FanDuel cash games: aim for at least 100.

FanDuel GPPs: aim for at least 150.

DraftKings cash games: aim for at least 175.

DraftKings GPPs: aim for at least 225.

Obviously, you will never construct a DraftKings lineup that is expected to score 200 points. The idea is to maximize your chance of scoring 200, even if the greatest chance you can give yourself is only 20% or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread