What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Psychotic bimbos destined to become old maids (1 Viewer)

tommyboy

Footballguy
interesting article:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/07/why-college-educated-women-can-t-find-love.html

As financial reporter and author of Date-Onomics: How Dating Became a Lopsided Numbers Game, Jon Birger puts it, Its not that Hes Just not That Into You. Its that There Arent Enough of Him.

In his book, Birger eloquently explains, in terms that even the non-statistically-literate can comprehend, that the gender ratios of college graduating classes in the past few decades reveal that there really arent enough single guys. The man deficit is real for the graduate set. The current college class breakdown of women to men is 57:43, which means that there will be about one-third more women than men with college degrees when graduation arrives.
as they say, read it all. its pretty interesting, especially if you're a normal male age 22-39 unmarried.not sure if they touched on this but another reason why women will continue to struggle to find "mr right" is the draconian divorce laws of the nation that basically hamstring men into one way relationships and breakups.

Last edited by a moderator:
the seemingly paradoxical problem that the more attractive the woman is, the more difficult it can be for her to find a partner.
Nothing paradoxical about it - a hot, college educated woman thinks she deserves to be married to a CEO.

Asian American women aren’t hurt by the “man deficit.”

Since 67 percent of Asian American women ages 30 to 34 have a college degree, versus 38 percent for all women, Birger assumed that Asian American women “would be far more affected by the man deficit than women from other racial or ethnic groups.” Instead, he found that they don’t have trouble finding a mate.

Eighty-eight percent of Asian American women (ages 30 to 34) are married or have been married, the book notes, compared to 77 percent for white women, 73 percent for Hispanic women and 46 percent for black women. The reason, according to Birger, who cites OkCupid data and other psychological experiments, is that men of all races find Asian women to be the most attractive.
They're also not total #####es.

What you see from the census data is that fully employed men age 25 to 30 who successfully marry earn 20 percent more than fully employed men age 25 to 30 who are unmarried.
But they keep it all...

The reality is that college-educated women who are really only willing to date college-educated men are in a really bad dating market. I am not endorsing marriage or monogamy. I'm just trying to explain why the world is the way it is.
And lucky guys like fish reap the benefits.

This wasn't this an issue for centuries when college graduate men had to settle with non college graduate women. Then we have a little blip for a few years where there are more women college graduates than men and its suddenly its this big relationship crisis. Women are such hypocrites.

Most people only have themselves to blame if they can't find a mate...including educated women.

Since 67 percent of Asian American women ages 30 to 34 have a college degree, versus 38 percent for all women, Birger assumed that Asian American women “would be far more affected by the man deficit than women from other racial or ethnic groups.” Instead, he found that they don’t have trouble finding a mate.

Eighty-eight percent of Asian American women (ages 30 to 34) are married or have been married, the book notes, compared to 77 percent for white women, 73 percent for Hispanic women and 46 percent for black women. The reason, according to Birger, who cites OkCupid data and other psychological experiments, is that men of all races find Asian women to be the most attractive.
Jeez, you just sent up the bat signal for Johnycakes.

I don't really want to read the linked article, but Britain was actually way ahead of America about realizing that the sex* disparity in higher education was a problem. It manifests in many different ways (like dating), and comes from a deeper problem about public education and the young and how behind boys are because of the possibility of a hyper-feminized set of educative constructs placed upon little boys. Even if this disparity doesn't come from these constructs, one would find in hard to argue that boys are very much falling behind in educational pursuits, and girls are actually thriving, contra to the prevailing notion of Ophelia being revived and whatnot.

Christina Hoff Sommers and many others have been all over this story. I actually believe the sex disparity in schools is greater than 57:43 and is approaching or has surpassed 60:40 if one includes community colleges. Whatever the disparity, it's getting worse, and will only continue to until the education system, both for young people and within higher education, become more male-friendly.

As Glenn Reynolds would say, "It's almost like higher education is hostile to the notion" of men being men. He would also point out that female hypergamy (seeking status in a potential mate) becomes a problem with females have the educative status and the men are dropping out.

* And by sex I mean male and female. I've decided to stop using gender entirely to describe males and females.

eta* I skimmed the article and it was certainly along the lines of Hoff Sommers, but with a feminist twist. This is fine. The bottom line is that the authors understand the problem with a high biological sex disparity in higher education and what that means. And they're right: This isn't solely an American problem. It's an Anglosphere and developed country problem, with Austria, New Zealand, Britain, and America all suffering the same fate.

Asian American women arent hurt by the man deficit.

Since 67 percent of Asian American women ages 30 to 34 have a college degree, versus 38 percent for all women, Birger assumed that Asian American women would be far more affected by the man deficit than women from other racial or ethnic groups. Instead, he found that they dont have trouble finding a mate.

Hispanic women crush Asian women.

I don't really want to read the linked article, but Britain was actually way ahead of America about realizing that the sex* disparity in higher education was a problem. It manifests in many different ways (like dating), and comes from a deeper problem about public education and the young and how behind boys are because of the possibility of a hyper-feminized set of educative constructs placed upon little boys. Even if this disparity doesn't come from these constructs, one would find in hard to argue that boys are very much falling behind in educational pursuits, and girls are actually thriving, contra to the prevailing notion of Ophelia being revived and whatnot.

Christina Hoff Sommers and many others have been all over this story. I actually believe the sex disparity in schools is greater than 57:43 and is approaching or has surpassed 60:40 if one includes community colleges. Whatever the disparity, it's getting worse, and will only continue to until the education system, both for young people and within higher education, become more male-friendly.

As Glenn Reynolds would say, "It's almost like higher education is hostile to the notion" of men being men. He would also point out that female hypergamy (seeking status in a potential mate) becomes a problem with females have the educative status and the men are dropping out.

* And by sex I mean male and female. I've decided to stop using gender entirely to describe males and females.

eta* I skimmed the article and it was certainly along the lines of Hoff Sommers, but with a feminist twist. This is fine. The bottom line is that the authors understand the problem with a high biological sex disparity in higher education and what that means. And they're right: This isn't solely an American problem. It's an Anglosphere and developed country problem, with Austria, New Zealand, Britain, and America all suffering the same fate.
Interesting take.

Interesting take.
Thanks, I think. I only write -- and hopefully carefully -- because this went from a problem raised by certain people that are considered to have a problem with modern feminism to a story that gets to the heart of the matter, even if presented with a feminist twist or argues that feminism is "off the table," as the author of this article did, a statement that might (and it's debatable) be probably more productive in what they call "winning the hearts and minds" of educators. Because it seems to be a fact that boys and men are falling way behind women in educational accomplishment (not the outliers in grad schools, but in the clustered middle where it really matters) in a general sense, at young ages and mature ones, and in large numbers.

And considering that manufacturing and labor pursuits are on the decline and have been for quite a long time, this educational attainment for men becomes even more important in our culture, IMO. It used to be okay if men were behind women in educational attainment because those men could find jobs suited for them. That might no longer be the case.

Anecdotal evidence here, so take with a grain of salt. A buddy of mine met a Chinese woman a couple years ago at over age 40. She is a bigwig at a large multi national Fortune 500 company, makes major money, is pretty good looking, and is overall a very cool chick. My buddy has had major legal problems over the years including spending time in jail. He is a super cool guy, but had a big problem with booze. I am not sure if he would even sniff a date with a non-Asian of that status, especially since you can now look up anyone's legal crap up online.

Asians, coming from Asia, probably have a better perspective on humanity than most stuck up American chicks. That is my thesis, however limited it may be.

Since 67 percent of Asian American women ages 30 to 34 have a college degree, versus 38 percent for all women, Birger assumed that Asian American women would be far more affected by the man deficit than women from other racial or ethnic groups. Instead, he found that they dont have trouble finding a mate.

No. Hispanic women:

1) typically don't age nearly as well;

2) tend a lot more towards the emotionally psychotic and want to cut your #### off.

This wasn't this an issue for centuries when college graduate men had to settle with non college graduate women. Then we have a little blip for a few years where there are more women college graduates than men and its suddenly its this big relationship crisis. Women are such hypocrites.
Its not a blip. Women are more motivated to do well in school and graduate in bigger numbers. Take a peek inside any elementary/middle school classroom and you will see most of the smarties are girls. The video games are dumbing down the male class in a big, big way.

No. Hispanic women:

1) typically don't age nearly as well;

2) tend a lot more towards the emotionally psychotic and want to cut your #### off.
Emotionally psychotic is among their best qualities.

Boys are falling behind because they are ####ing lazy and would rather play video games instead of read a damn book. Truth.

Boys are falling behind because they are ####ing lazy and would rather play video games instead of read a damn book. Truth.
I've always suspected but it is now confirmed, you're a moron. Yes boys play video games too much but the deck is stacked against them now. War against women is all we hear yet our boys are being destroyed by believers who think the sexes are the same. They aren't. Young men are being forgotten, college graduation rates support what I am saying. There is a war against men now but no one acknowledges it

Its not a blip. Women are more motivated to do well in school and graduate in bigger numbers. Take a peek inside any elementary/middle school classroom and you will see most of the smarties are girls. The video games are dumbing down the male class in a big, big way.
Seems like the solution is to create more video games that appeal to girls.

I've always suspected but it is now confirmed, you're a moron. Yes boys play video games too much but the deck is stacked against them now. War against women is all we hear yet our boys are being destroyed by believers who think the sexes are the same. They aren't. Young men are being forgotten, college graduation rates support what I am saying. There is a war against men now but no one acknowledges it
I mean, I realize the monumentally uphill battle it is for those who are born both men and in the USA, but are you sure you want follow the word moron with that?

It's has nothing to do with men vs. women - it's simply a fact that girls on average are putting more effort into education than boys. Nobody is 'forgetting' boys, except maybe their parents when they allow to them play video games all day, watch non-education crap like Star War cartoons, and put them into sports that takes away from their education.

These women who are 30-34 with unrealistic expectations will be the next generation of women aged 40-44 on Match.Com pleading for a date with divorced fat bald guys who like to drink and gamble.

My wife is 28. The majority of her friends are either married or engaged.

The ones who aren't, it makes perfect sense why they're not as soon as their personality shows. Newsflash: normal guys don't like annoying ####### women and a lot of women out there think they are better than they actually are.

It's has nothing to do with men vs. women - it's simply a fact that girls on average are putting more effort into education than boys. Nobody is 'forgetting' boys, except maybe their parents when they allow to them play video games all day, watch non-education crap like Star War cartoons, and put them into sports that takes away from their education.
:angry:

but yeah, more boys are playing sports at a younger age and not reading or doing other educational things. Even my boys spend more time in organized sports like soccer and basketball than I ever did. They still read a lot and school is important to us/them - it doesn't have to come down to sports vs. education, you can do both.

My wife is 28. The majority of her friends are either married or engaged.

The ones who aren't, it makes perfect sense why they're not as soon as their personality shows. Newsflash: normal guys don't like annoying ####### women and a lot of women out there think they are better than they actually are.
:yes: with few exceptions, the single women I know over 28 have issues most guys just don't want to deal with.

maybe the solution is for more women to become lesbians?

"About you" Looking for a tall physically attractive man aged 28-34. Must be financially secure and come from a background of old money. Hopefully you have multiple degrees and a doctorate but would consider dating a man with only a Masters or MBA. Social drinker only with a 2 drink limit...and no BEER!! just fine wines.

Musts: I don`t ask for much but do not waste your time trying to date me unless you possess at least 12 of these traits.

1. Love to work out and do yoga with me.

2. Loves buying flowers for me for no reason.

3. Loves children even if they are not yours and changing soiled diapers.

4. Has a hobby as a highly trained gourmet chef who loves cooking for me.

5. Has a 10% or less body fat content with a 6-pack of ripped abs preferred. Will consider if only a 4 pack is viewable.

6. Loves doing arts and crafts with me.

7. Hates watching football and drinking beer with buddies.

8. Hates golfing and drinking beer with buddies.

9. Hopefully has no buddies.

10. A hate of all televised sporting events is a major plus.

11. Loves providing me with the finer things in life.

12. Loves plus sized women.

13. Loves giving but not receiving oral sex.

About me: I am a unemployed college educated women 30 years of age. 5-1 160lbs. Some may call me plus sized but my dad says I am just big boned.

I know you are out there...lets connect!!!

preach sister
The facts bear me out. I went to college as many of you did, but tell me most of the guys you knew growing up didn't care a bit about school.
:yes: I hung out with mostly honors society kids (some would say nerds), but even among them, while they might have gone to college, our female friends have done better and aspired to higher things. I'm one of the very few with a masters degree.

preach sister
The facts bear me out. I went to college as many of you did, but tell me most of the guys you knew growing up didn't care a bit about school.
you're confusing "facts" with anecdotal evidence you've encountered during your life. if you have actual statistics that back up what you're saying, feel free to post it here.

I didn't "care" about school growing up. Doesn't mean I didn't actually do reasonably well once I was there.

These women who are 30-34 with unrealistic expectations will be the next generation of women aged 40-44 on Match.Com pleading for a date with divorced fat bald guys who like to drink and gamble.
A buddy of mine's father attests to this. He gets more ### at his age now (late 40s-early 50s) from women who wouldn't have pissed on his head if it were on fire when he was younger.

the seemingly paradoxical problem that the more attractive the woman is, the more difficult it can be for her to find a partner.
Nothing paradoxical about it - a hot, college educated woman thinks she deserves to be married to a CEO.
This is my sister-in-law to a tee...Attractive, in dental school, very smart. Recently was dumped by her boyfriend of 7 or so years because he wanted to move to Cali and be young and free.

We got her a Match.com membership for her birthday, and some of her "must-have's" are hilarious.

Must be over 6' tall. (There goes more than 50% of men)

Must have married parents (doesn't want someone from a broken family...like they can help that)

Can't be from certain neighborhoods in their city (i.e. wants affluence, and assumes it's sortable by zip code)

Can't be more than 5 years older than her or 2 years younger (I'm 8 years older than my wife, her sister)

Has to have a college education.

Has to want to live in the city where they currently live

Has to be Catholic

There were a few more, but I read her profile and literally laughed. I told her that she'd essentially cut a hypothetical dating pool of 1,000 men down to probably less than 15 with all those criteria. She spouted on about how "she wants a guy who can take good care of her and is educated, career minded," blah blah blah. I told her that's fine, but being career minded and educated is not mutually exclusive with a broken home, height, or where someone lives.

She's convinced she's holding out for Mr. Right, and I've told her that she needs to be open to dating for the sake of dating. If she keeps those standards up, she's going to be single until she's well into her 30's...

A buddy of mine's father attests to this. He gets more ### at his age now (late 40s-early 50s) from women who wouldn't have pissed on his head if it were on fire when he was younger.
I wish I could find more women like that, especially if my head really is on fire.

:fishing: .....

The balance of power shifts as men age, particularly successful men.

Generally speaking, women depreciate in terms of what men value (looks) and men appreciate in terms of what women value (wealth/stability/maturity)

Getting married young is a fool's errand...you have no leverage when you're young.

Best advice my father ever gave me was wait until you've peaked or are peaking professionally to marry.....the rest will take care of itself.

This is my sister-in-law to a tee...Attractive, in dental school, very smart. Recently was dumped by her boyfriend of 7 or so years because he wanted to move to Cali and be young and free.

We got her a Match.com membership for her birthday, and some of her "must-have's" are hilarious.

Must have married parents (doesn't want someone from a broken family...like they can help that)

Can't be from certain neighborhoods in their city (i.e. wants affluence, and assumes it's sortable by zip code)

Can't be more than 5 years older than her or 2 years younger (I'm 8 years older than my wife, her sister)

Has to be Catholic

There were a few more, but I read her profile and literally laughed. I told her that she'd essentially cut a hypothetical dating pool of 1,000 men down to probably less than 15 with all those criteria. She spouted on about how "she wants a guy who can take good care of her and is educated, career minded," blah blah blah. I told her that's fine, but being career minded and educated is not mutually exclusive with a broken home, height, or where someone lives.

She's convinced she's holding out for Mr. Right, and I've told her that she needs to be open to dating for the sake of dating. If she keeps those standards up, she's going to be single until she's well into her 30's...
Sounds like a hoot.

Has to be Catholic

If my notebook is correct your wife is Korean? If so, all my Korean buddies tell me that Korean women are impossible. This sounds like an even more extreme case....good luck to her.

This is nothing new. Older women have always been more desperate and less picky.

If you're a woman in your 20s, then you have a virtually unlimited choice in men. But once you get to around 30 years old, most of the men in your age group have gotten married, so you have to lower your standards and expand your acceptable age range. Then you hit 35 and you discover that the "good" men in your age range are in such short supply (and therefore high demand), that you have to lower your standards even more. By the time you get to your mid-40s, an "average" woman has no chance with an average man in her own age group. She either has to settle for a below-average man, or she has to settle for a significantly older man. Either way, she's settling.

Sounds harsh but it's basically the flipside of what happens in your 20s.

This is nothing new. Older women have always been more desperate and less picky.

If you're a woman in your 20s, then you have a virtually unlimited choice in men. But once you get to around 30 years old, most of the men in your age group have gotten married, so you have to lower your standards and expand your acceptable age range. Then you hit 35 and you discover that the "good" men in your age range are in such short supply (and therefore high demand), that you have to lower your standards even more. By the time you get to your mid-40s, an "average" woman has no chance with an average man in her own age group. She either has to settle for a below-average man, or she has to settle for a significantly older man. Either way, she's settling.

Will somebody please forward this post to our wives? Many are unaware how good they have it.

You mean...with their weight?

This is my sister-in-law to a tee...Attractive, in dental school, very smart. Recently was dumped by her boyfriend of 7 or so years because he wanted to move to Cali and be young and free.We got her a Match.com membership for her birthday, and some of her "must-have's" are hilarious.

Has to be Catholic

Good God. If she ever does get married, it won't last long. I already feel sorry for her future husband. Poor *******.

This is nothing new. Older women have always been more desperate and less picky.If you're a woman in your 20s, then you have a virtually unlimited choice in men. But once you get to around 30 years old, most of the men in your age group have gotten married, so you have to lower your standards and expand your acceptable age range. Then you hit 35 and you discover that the "good" men in your age range are in such short supply (and therefore high demand), that you have to lower your standards even more. By the time you get to your mid-40s, an "average" woman has no chance with an average man in her own age group. She either has to settle for a below-average man, or she has to settle for a significantly older man. Either way, she's settling.

Will somebody please forward this post to our wives? Many are unaware how good they have it.
The dynamic is totally different for older women who are already married. They have very little incentive to improve their personality and/or their looks because they know they'll get half of their husband's stuff and/or alimony if they get divorced.

Far more girls are playing organized sports now, than back in the 70s/80s (and earlier) so this doesn't support your argument.

I think the school system has shifted in favor of girls over boys in recent decades. I've read multiple pieces written on how schools are set up (purposely or not) to cater to how females learn, rather than boys.

Anecdotally speaking, I would never thrive in my kids school. They get 45 minutes to eat lunch AND play at recess combined. They have gym twice a week, and the gym teacher yells at those who dominate team sports and "don't pass to the girls" enough. It is rediculous. When I was in grade school, we had morning and afternoon recess, as well as gym almost every day. I can barely sit still at work all day long but at least I have the freedom to get up and move around whenever I want. I can't imagine being tied to a desk all day every day when I was 12. And we wonder why boys aren't focused enough? They have no outlet for their energy and/or hormones.

I think that's the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread