What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Late Show with Colbert thread? (1 Viewer)

Koya

Footballguy
First one... not sure anything could meet the hype, lets see.

I like the edgier NY Vibe in the intro rather than more LA Hollywood bull####.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see him back on tv. Band seems like its trying to be too hip. Overall positive - but didn't really like the cursed stone bit at the beginning.

ETA: I liked the JEB! interview. And Derek Trucks & Buddy Guy (among lots of others) playing "Everyday People" was good.

I thought the cursed relic bit was good, but I lost my s### with the Trump bit. Bippity boppity bippity...you know!

Big fan of his, but thought the first show felt a little flat (especially considering that he had months to prepare).

Happy to see him get the big check, but sad to see him locked into the "monologue-bit-guest-guest-music-goodbye" format.

Trump bit was good, but Trump humor is pretty low hanging fruit.

Just seemed a little tame, and I like my Colbert edgy.

I'll keep watching though. He's a smart dude and I'm betting he figures this thing out.

I wish I could have stayed up for the musical finale - as love those artists.

However, I too thought his first show fell flat. Felt contrived/forced. Based on what I saw, I think he's going to struggle with this gig. Fallon and Kimmel are just effortless. Stiff competition.

I wish I could have stayed up for the musical finale - as love those artists.

However, I too thought his first show fell flat. Felt contrived/forced. Based on what I saw, I think he's going to struggle with this gig. Fallon and Kimmel are just effortless. Stiff competition.
And the fans he already has are going to be let down because it's not same Colbert they grew to love.

Like I said, impossible hype to live up to. Needs to reach that soft conservative underbelly of Middle America, not just the smart and snarky lefty elites.

I just don't think the guy is super funny. He had maybe the worst commercials of all time about 10 years ago. Last night it seemed like he was screaming at his guests, not even listening, just trying to find a spot to get his joke in there. I don't think his improv sensibilities lend itself to this format. You have to be zany in spots, not the entire hour. He's obviously not going to be Letterman on night one though.

I thought it was alright, nothing great. I did LOVE that Jeb! got damn near dead silence when introduced and walking out on the stage. A smattering of polite clapping at best.

Come on the whole hummus/monkey paw thing was hilarious. So was the trump bit. Good show.

Yep it was good, certainly not disappointed.. I'm happy to have a late night show to watch again.

I like Colbert, but I didn't really get anything out of his first show, assuming it's aired already. Or even if it hasn't aired, either way, it really didn't do anything for me, so I probably won't watch it.

Damn, forgot this was on last night, completely missed it. I think it was awesome though, especially the Trump bit.

He also seems more relaxed tonight and way less forced.

Have to say, this has been pretty damn funny throughout. This bit with the hat, which I thought would be awful, is killin' me.

5 1/2 minutes out of a +/- 40 minute air time show spent on a single skit lampooning the Republican frontrunner, including some choice KKK imagery. Jokes about Hillary and her ongoing scandals? Nowhere to be found.

As predicted, the left wing hackery from Colbert continues regardless of venue. A leopard can't change its spots.

Great to see him back on tv. Band seems like its trying to be too hip. Overall positive - but didn't really like the cursed stone bit at the beginning.

ETA: I liked the JEB! interview. And Derek Trucks & Buddy Guy (among lots of others) playing "Everyday People" was good.
Band leader is Jon Batiste. He doesn't have to try to be hip.

5 1/2 minutes out of a +/- 40 minute air time show spent on a single skit lampooning the Republican frontrunner, including some choice KKK imagery. Jokes about Hillary and her ongoing scandals? Nowhere to be found.

As predicted, the left wing hackery from Colbert continues regardless of venue. A leopard can't change its spots.
blog it up?

If you're not wetting your pants while watching that bit... :lmao:

...you had better be crying. :cry:

No. Really.

Its where the left will get their news now.
:lmao: :lmao:

Colbert is a better interviewer than Fallon or Kimmel but I'm not sure that matters much on late night talk shows anymore.

glock said:
TPW said:

No. Really.
People who find that skit humorous also probably find America's Got Talent to be the height of entertainment. There's nothing clever about it.

This is what the right wing has come to, getting all pissy about Trump jokes? :lmao: Don't you pick on our guy!

Enjoy irrelevance

glock said:
TPW said:

No. Really.
Seriously...The only person funny in that bit was Trump.

glock said:
TPW said:

No. Really.
People who find that skit humorous also probably find America's Got Talent to be the height of entertainment. There's nothing clever about it.
:ptts:

This is what the right wing has come to, getting all pissy about Trump jokes? :lmao: Don't you pick on our guy!

Enjoy irrelevance
I'm sure conservatives are fine with Tump jokes, but if there aren't any jokes about liberals, I can see how it would get a little tiring. I can't stay up that late, so somebody would have to tell me if he does indeed do both sides. If not, and I know it's a small sample, the criticism is warranted.

Enjoy irrelevance
I'm sure conservatives are fine with Tump jokes, but if there aren't any jokes about liberals, I can see how it would get a little tiring.I can't stay up that late, so somebody would have to tell me if he does indeed do both sides. If not, and I know it's a small sample, the criticism is warranted.
they have to be funny.

glock said:
TPW said:

No. Really.
Seriously...The only person funny in that bit was Trump.
You don't enjoy Oreo humor? The Trump clips were supposed to be the star of the bit, not Colbert.

You can't just BOOM BOOM BOOM, Bing bong bing bing, you know what that is right?

The liberals have no Trump
they have biden and pelosi... could you imagine the deep trove of comedy gold if those two were republicans?
could you imagine the deep trove of comedy gold if republicans actually knew comedy?
republicans don't know comedy? what the hell are you talking about?
Maybe he's saying you guys are big ####### babies

The guy had Jeb! on as a guest on his first show! Did you see the ratings on that? Cry cry cry because he made fun of the one stupid orange clown who's pretending to run for Pres.

####### babies

Users who are viewing this thread