What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyrell Williams, DET - 9.22.21 - Concussion - Unlikely To Play Week 3 (1 Viewer)

I think Tyrell was wide open for another TD on that last Rivers INT. I could be wrong though......

The truth is, in fantasy football we put out the best possible lineup and it doesn't always go according to hoyle. I had Willams around WR #15 and Thomas around WR #10 for this week. As it turned out, Williams continued on his avid tear. Both are solid.

If healthy is it crazy to start Watkins and Marshall over him in Standard next week?
Aren't you they guy that thinks he's the thread policeman? WDIS Question in the shark pool? Really? weebsy go peepee. And ... Yes that would be crazy.

Bumping for any new health news / trends for the red hot Tyrell Williams - A low end WR #1 this week? More plays than last week?

Williams practiced fully on Friday and his injury tag is removed.

General News (Fri Dec 9): practiced fully on Friday and is not on the team's injury report. He will play this week.

General News (Thu Dec 8): practiced fully on Thursday.

I'd say he has a very good matchup and a fringe WR #1 / high end WR #2. He's also red hot and scoring TD's.

Team Smokin' said:
Bumping for any new health news / trends for the red hot Tyrell Williams - A low end WR #1 this week? More plays than last week?
I didn't watch last week's game, but an important note for anyone who assumed his stat line meant that he was limited by the injury: SD's passing game never really got on track; Rivers completed only 15-26, the two reception leaders were Gordon and Gates (four each), and Tyrell/Inman each only had two. It was just one of those games; nothing specific to Williams. Add that to the fact that there have been no reports of setbacks, and Carolina's pass D doesn't scare anyone, and I'm starting him with confidence.

Seriously thinking about rolling with Williams over Julio Jones - the uncertainty surrounding JJ is just too big of a risk.    
I am starting Tyrell over Julio simply because Julio has a late game and all the talk about him being a decoy doesn't help. I'm also favored pretty heavily since my opponent started Carr and I started kc d so I need a good floor overy Julio's upside.

OK, I'm starting to get a little nervous. Started him over Sanders precisely because I figured he had a higher floor. That's two straight games with only two receptions. It doesn't sound like it's the injury, just Rivers and the SD passing game going through their typical late-season swoon (not like any other pass catcher was ripping it up). It's especially troubling that they put up this stinker even though Gordon basically missed the whole game.

Oakland's secondary isn't scaring anyone, but I could also see Mack harassing Rivers into a total meltdown. I'll see what news comes out this week, but as of now it looks like I'm going to have a tough decision between Tyrell, Sanders and Watkins.

OK, I'm starting to get a little nervous. Started him over Sanders precisely because I figured he had a higher floor. That's two straight games with only two receptions. It doesn't sound like it's the injury, just Rivers and the SD passing game going through their typical late-season swoon (not like any other pass catcher was ripping it up). It's especially troubling that they put up this stinker even though Gordon basically missed the whole game.

Oakland's secondary isn't scaring anyone, but I could also see Mack harassing Rivers into a total meltdown. I'll see what news comes out this week, but as of now it looks like I'm going to have a tough decision between Tyrell, Sanders and Watkins.
He looks a little tentative to me. Especially when the throw requires him to go up and get it which already isn't a strength of his.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious for next season but does anyone know if he's Keenan Allen's direct backup or on the opposite side?  He's very likely cemented himself as their #2 for sure and if Keenan doesn't return as the same guy.  But do they play the same role or no?  X vs Y position all that stuff.  Who watches Chargers games?

He looks a little tentative to me. Especially when the throw requires him to go up and get it which already isn't a strength of his.  
Interesting. I haven't watched either of the last two games, but I also haven't read anything about him being limited due to the injury. So that's a helpful perspective.

Don't want to overreact to recency bias, but I also don't want to ignore clear evidence of a drop-off, either in him or the SD passing game.

Curious for next season but does anyone know if he's Keenan Allen's direct backup or on the opposite side?  He's very likely cemented himself as their #2 for sure and if Keenan doesn't return as the same guy.  But do they play the same role or no?  X vs Y position all that stuff.  Who watches Chargers games?
If/when Allen gets back, I figure they'll move Williams to the other side and have him continue to start games. Going in to the season I expected him to take over the Malcom Floyd role, and I think that's where he'll be when everyone is healthy. Which means he'll be over there for 2 or 3 games and then move back to Allen's spot once Allen breaks down again.

So are people trusting him this week in a potential shootout? I actually have him and Inman and may play both or more likely sit williams for Tate or Robby Anderson. Maybe playing both isn't bad...could be really dumb though. I think Inman is almost a must start.

flip-flopping between him and Watkins - projections look about even for both. Weather will obviously be better in SD, though, and BUF may just pound Shady all day.  Arrgh!

flip-flopping between him and Watkins - projections look about even for both. Weather will obviously be better in SD, though, and BUF may just pound Shady all day.  Arrgh!
If it helps, I'm sitting him for Watkins (although I may sit Watkins for Sanders). I hope the last two games were just blips, but between the injury, Inman's emergence and Rivers' late-season swoon -- which all may turn out to be nothing -- there are just too many question marks.

I'm starting him in another league where my WRs all suck, so I hope he returns to form.

Same situation, but Hilton is currently the odd man out for me.  MINN D/INDY OLINE just too scary.
No or limited Moncrief, Hilton major target option, and he is fast, he can beat the coverage. Yes, Indy O-line gives up sacks and yes, MIN D coverage solid. I still have it Hilton then one or the other Ty's.

If it helps, I'm sitting him for Watkins (although I may sit Watkins for Sanders). I hope the last two games were just blips, but between the injury, Inman's emergence and Rivers' late-season swoon -- which all may turn out to be nothing -- there are just too many question marks.

I'm starting him in another league where my WRs all suck, so I hope he returns to form.
I am tentatively planning to do the same: start Watkins over Williams (and Thielen and Alshon).   I am not especially excited about Watkins this week, however, even with a favorable matchup, and I may reconsider as game time nears.  

Williams put up 5 for 117 and a touch at Oakland earlier this season, but his recent drop off and injury have me a bit concerned. Prior to last week, however, Williams had a receiving TD in 4 consecutive games, and I think he may grab another TD in this one as well. 

Same situation, but Hilton is currently the odd man out for me.  MINN D/INDY OLINE just too scary.
I honestly don't see how you can sit T.Y. even against Minny. Moncrief being out almost guarantees he's going to be closer to 15 targets than 10. His floor is pretty high and he only needs one big play to make your day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am tentatively planning to do the same: start Watkins over Williams (and Thielen and Alshon).   I am not especially excited about Watkins this week, however, even with a favorable matchup, and I may reconsider as game time nears.  

Williams put up 5 for 117 and a touch at Oakland earlier this season, but his recent drop off and injury have me a bit concerned. Prior to last week, however, Williams had a receiving TD in 4 consecutive games, and I think he may grab another TD in this one as well. 
Inman may very well be the best receiving option at WR in SD right now? This alone has me thinking Tyreek Hill > Tyrell Williams on a gut feeling that Hill is a weapon. Did I mention he's pretty darn fast too! Points for return TD's equals more upside.

I honestly don't see how you can sit T.Y. even against Minny. Moncrief being out almost guarantees he's going to be closer to 15 targets than 10. His floor is pretty high and he only needs one big play to make your day.
Yeah, wrong thread, but for God's sake don't sit Hilton. In the league I was discussing above where I'm debating Williams, Watkins and Sanders, Hilton is so locked in as my WR1 he's not even in the conversation. FYI Minny's biggest weakness is out of the slot (Rhodes typically stays on the outside), and TY has been running a lot of routes out of there. 

Asked this in another thread, but is Ty Williams a better play than Ty Montgomery?  Looks like Montgomery might be the only RB (or at least the main RB) in GB this week.  I would have to play him as a WR, according to my league.  If he gets 10 carries and 5 catches, that should get around 75 yards, and hopefully a TD.  Do we think Williams can/will better that?

I am surprised there has been zero posts here since December??? The guy just had a 1000 yard 7 TD season in his second season. With Mike Williams possibly getting back surgery, Williams is about to go fly up boards. It's disappointing for those in redraft that were targeting him as a steal. He is better than Mike is and likely will ever be IMO. He is about to go from WR51 in ADP to WR30 (still a value IMO). 

I am surprised there has been zero posts here since December??? The guy just had a 1000 yard 7 TD season in his second season. With Mike Williams possibly getting back surgery, Williams is about to go fly up boards. It's disappointing for those in redraft that were targeting him as a steal. He is better than Mike is and likely will ever be IMO. He is about to go from WR51 in ADP to WR30 (still a value IMO). 
Let's not get carried away. But yes, the dude def has more talent anyone gives him credit for. He'll still go under the radar even with this news. Will likely get some #1 starts this year with Allen's injury history. If he can build off last year, and stay healthy the full 16, he can pretty much choose his team next offseason and go be somebody's #1.

Let's not get carried away. But yes, the dude def has more talent anyone gives him credit for. He'll still go under the radar even with this news. Will likely get some #1 starts this year with Allen's injury history. If he can build off last year, and stay healthy the full 16, he can pretty much choose his team next offseason and go be somebody's #1.
It's a combination of me really like Tyrell and me really not liking Mike and I stand by it. 

Now might be the time to trade tyrell in dynasty.  Especially if you've already had your rookie draft and someone drafted mike Williams.   You might get a kings ransom.  

He's about WR30 for me - I'll take him over guys like Marshall, Garcon, Decker, Maclin, etc.

I have Allen, T Williams and M Williams on my roster and would like to unload one or two of them but it's really difficult to figure which I like to move.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread