What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie Snead (1 Viewer)

maf005

Footballguy
A+ name and could see significant snaps in NO's offense over the next few years. He's a bit under the radar thus far but had a great preseason.

he played great in preseason. i'm not sold on Coleman yet. i think the same odds of success are shared between them but snead is cheaper.

This guy was electric in college. One of my best friends' cousin was his QB in college and said he made many plays in each game that made him say wow.

Been very interested in Snead, anxious to see if he is able to carve out a role in this offense. My major question becomes if Cooks goes down again, how much of the slack can be picked up by Snead?

I don't know the book like a lot of you guys but I'm pulling for Willie.

And Drew needs him and Coleman to do something. He's like the Lone Ranger out there, he needs help.

What can i say i like the way the kid plays. I'll be in the Dome Sunday and I'll be yelling my head off for Willie & the boys.

Go Get'em, Willie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't help but notice this in today' Random Shots:

Drew Brees to Willie Snead. Just like we thought…
I'm guessing that was in response to the 63 yard slant pattern that Snead nearly housed last week.

[SIZE=11pt]Snead produced in college: 195 passes for 2,664 yards and 24 touchdowns his last two seasons playing for the Ball State Cardinals[/SIZE]

He's done everything right so far. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of him. Only gripe is that he looks like Jimmy Graham's little sister.

Joe Morgan has been promoted to the active roster, so time will tell what that does for Sneads snap count. Hope to see him on the field more often myself.

Coleman is obviously getting first crack at this thing.

The TD was a thing of beauty. That's the kind of target you love to see a WR getting and he converted.

So what is his value in terms of rookie picks? 22 and getting it done? That's worth something right? Would it be worth it to trade him for a 3rd?

Snead is the WR #2 for the Saints..Haven't looked,but think he has close to the same amount of targets as Cooks has this year. All you have to do is gain the QB's trust,and Snead has done that.and building chemistry with Brees will only make Snead flourish even more. Wouldn't surprise me if he leads the Saints WR's in points by years end(I might be reaching a bit). Guys come out of almost nowhere every year and become players that help you win Championships.Why not Snead?

Snead is the WR #2 for the Saints..Haven't looked,but think he has close to the same amount of targets as Cooks has this year. All you have to do is gain the QB's trust,and Snead has done that.and building chemistry with Brees will only make Snead flourish even more. Wouldn't surprise me if he leads the Saints WR's in points by years end(I might be reaching a bit). Guys come out of almost nowhere every year and become players that help you win Championships.Why not Snead?
Snead being the most productive WR in nola wouldn't be much of a surprise at this point.

On pace for 1219 yards. Only 3 first-year players have done that since 1960 (Moss, Boldin, Beckham).

Let's not go overboard. He's good but not great and as soon as DC's get some tape it will quiet down a good bit. If he's doing this week 9 I'll be impressed.

Let's not go overboard. He's good but not great and as soon as DC's get some tape it will quiet down a good bit. If he's doing this week 9 I'll be impressed.
Eagles doubled him on a few plays and he still did well. i'm guessing he will have some down weeks (compared to today), but think he is for real too.

I imagine that more than a few people made the same comments about Victor Cruz, Rod Smith, and Wes Welker. They all had to start somewhere.

Snead didn't practice yesterday (knee) and neither did Colston (age).

Does anyone else view Colston as handcuff for Snead?

The TD catch was somewhat Lance Moore-ish. I think Brees molds receivers to do what he wants them to do. He's not as good as Moore in some areas but he's better in others. The most important thing is Payton seems to be reawakening his old offensive mentality, which may in part be driven by the acceptance that this defense is never going to hold up its end of a groundnpound gameplan.

When Tom Brady lost all of his receivers, his numbers suffered for a while and the team changed its approach to support him. Then he made guys like Edelman and lafell look like studs.

When manning came to Denver, he looked lost the first few weeks. When he lost his leg strength last year they changed it again to support him.

When Rodgers lost jordy, they tried to support him with the run game, and starks did a good job with it, at least. The receivers who could have emerged have been hurt. They've struggled a bit, at least by their standards.

When Brees last Jimmy graham and Colston got old, it makes sense that his numbers suffered for a few weeks while he adjusted. But I think this adjustment was fairly permanent, and the guys who are emerging will be his guys the rest of the way. And as he gets more comfortable, I think they adjust back to being a pass heavy offense, especially with khiry hurt and spoiler sucking.

When Tom Brady lost all of his receivers, his numbers suffered for a while and the team changed its approach to support him. Then he made guys like Edelman and lafell look like studs.

When manning came to Denver, he looked lost the first few weeks. When he lost his leg strength last year they changed it again to support him.

When Rodgers lost jordy, they tried to support him with the run game, and starks did a good job with it, at least. The receivers who could have emerged have been hurt. They've struggled a bit, at least by their standards.

When Brees last Jimmy graham and Colston got old, it makes sense that his numbers suffered for a few weeks while he adjusted. But I think this adjustment was fairly permanent, and the guys who are emerging will be his guys the rest of the way. And as he gets more comfortable, I think they adjust back to being a pass heavy offense, especially with khiry hurt and spoiler sucking.
After TEN, the Saints don't play a rushing defense team outside of the bottom 12. Seven straight games vs. below average run defenses. Personally, I think they're going to ride Ingram hard. I'm all in on him.

I'm not saying that Ingram will drop off. I'm saying I think they tried to protect Brees with the play calling and now they're more comfortable reverting to their usual mix. Still plenty of reason to be optimistic about Ingram, especially now that he's the only show in town.

I have him as my WR4/5 and I'm confident starting him in any given week.

He's the 26th WR in my PPR league in total points and 33rd in ppg.

Loving Snead as my WR4. Not much trade value though, even as a throw-in. People don't know him or, more often, think he's just another hit-or-miss unreliable Saints WR like Devery Henderson, Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, or a whole slew of others who came before him. That could be the case here, but I'm glad to have him right now.

Bigger issue right now is does he play this week? Understand he's missed practice. And, if so, does Colston continue to build from his good game.

picked him up in 3 leagues before week 2 as a flier. Didn't believe in Coleman and Cooks was an unproven commodity. I believed the NO offense was going through some changes with the loss of Graham, so the targets were in a state of flux... then Brees got hurt.

what convinced me of Snead's worth was this piece Reception Perception in Week 6 (great read every week):

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=harmon_receptionperception_williesnead15

the two money quotes for me was

"Snead’s performance on these underneath routes is what’s earned him more playing time, the trust of his quarterback and a larger share of the passing game pie"

and

" Snead ran every pass pattern, outside of the screen, and caught at least one pass on each. That is rather remarkable, especially when you consider this is only a two game sample size. Being able to run the entire route tree, and flashing versatility in execution, is huge."

It's all about targets, and right now Cooks is at 66, Snead 53. But if you throw out Week 1, Cooks is averaging less than one more target a game, and all of that difference happened in Week 7... so it has evolved into a 1A and 1B with the same number of targets in 6 of 8 games.

Titans have multiple injuries at CB. If McCourty is inactive Sunday morning I'd want Snead in my lineup even more.

Users who are viewing this thread