Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bud29

***Official Kansas City Chiefs Thread*** Andy Reid goes on Food Network, can't win turnover battle there either

11 minutes ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

Media and critics are really high on pointing out:

Chiefs playoff record

Chiefs home playoff record

Chiefs playoff history vs Indy

Andy Reid playoff record

What I haven't seen is anyone talking about Andy Reid coached teams record after the bye.

So the question is: which historical data do you think is most useful in predicting the outcome of this game?

Half of me says it is a huge advantage having Reid coming off the bye with a career record of 17-3 (I think?)

The other half says the most important factor is that Andy Reid has a poor playoff record of 11-13 (1-4 with KC)

The rest is irrelevant IMO.

To the bolded, his last playoff bye was 2016.  Chiefs lost to the Steelers.  Other than that, the only other playoff byes are during his prime early years with the Eagles, where he was 4-0.

I think it's a little different here since he didn't know who they were playing until Saturday night.. But I sort of agree with you on this..

1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

To the bolded, his last playoff bye was 2016.  Chiefs lost to the Steelers.  Other than that, the only other playoff byes are during his prime early years with the Eagles, where he was 4-0.

I am not sure if you are making a positive predictor for KC or negative. 4-1 in the playoffs after the bye seems like a pretty decent sample size and a positive 80% win rate.

36 minutes ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

I am not sure if you are making a positive predictor for KC or negative. 4-1 in the playoffs after the bye seems like a pretty decent sample size and a positive 80% win rate.

Looks like he's 3-1 after a bye with the 3 (post-bye) wins being '02, '03, '04. Reid's most successful years were 2000-2004 where he won 7 of his career 11 playoff wins.  Since '04, he's had one bye, 2016, and lost.

Andy Reid's coaching record per PFR.

ETA:  If you look at his career up to 2009, he had 10 of his 11 post-season wins.  Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson died in '09.  So AR has had 1 playoff win in his career without JJ as DC over 9 seasons.

Edited by Amused to Death

Yeah I love me some Reid but he sucks in the playoffs without a good def.  No way Kansas City makes the super bowl. 

And I'm rooting for them and hope I'm wrong