What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

Standard 12 Tm PPR

Gave: Foster, Forsett

Got: G. Tate, 2nd (likely top 3)

Decided to pin my hopes on the young guys--and cash out on these two while I could. Move makes other guy the favorite, suring up only weakness.

Current RBs: Ameer, Gordon, Gio
I guess as long as you've given up on the next 2 years this is an ok trade, maybe?

Foster is going to be a top 10 RB for at least the next 2 years, and I don't think Golden will be a top 10 WR ever.
Certainly a reasonable stance. I am not making that bet on Foster, however. And I don't feel like I need Tate to be top 10 for it to work out in my favor. Though I agree that he won't be, save another major Calvin injury.It's worth pointing out that Foster's deal is no longer guaranteed, save the signing bonus, and the owner has publicly expressed concern over his soft tissue injuries piling up. Is he worth a 9M+ cap hit on a non-contender? They decided Andre wasn't last year.
Put me in the camp that thinks this is a terrible deal. Not only did you sell both of them at their absolute lowest points, but you failed to get anything compelling for either one. Tate is JAG while Calvin's on the field, and both of those RBs are worth at least a round 2 pick on their own.

And they're both likely to be far more valuable than that if/when they get rolling. This screams desperation to me.
Fair enough. We disagree on Tate's value. He had a 87/1,065 pace in the games Calvin did play. He has 18 targets already this season. In no way, shape, or form does that = JAG in PPR formats. He just turned 27 . He was a 2nd round pick who put up monster per target numbers in SEA. His raw stats are starting to match.

I agree that it was not the best time to deal Foster, likely. Disagree on Forsett. That offense is garbage and he's not getting GL looks. I was a big re-draft buyer of his, and am both kicking myself and confident that I will continue to throughout the season.
FBG projections have Tate on the WR2/WR3 cusp for the rest of the season in PPR. While that is serviceable, it's not numbers that you should be targeting via trade. Again, we both agree he has huge upside if/when Calvin gets hurt, so maybe you're just playing the hold-until game a little there, and that's fine. Personally, I want someone with greater "permanent" upside, but at that point it's kind of semantics.

Regarding the Ravens: the offense has been garbage, but that will not continue all season long. Especially once Perriman gets on the field and they can get the ship righted. Remember, they had two away games to start the season and stayed on the West Coast in between them. They lost a very hard-fought, emotional game to Denver, lost the anchor and captain of the defense, and then essentially laid an egg against a team that they felt they were superior to.

I'm not saying they are the Patriots, but they aren't "garbage". Whether any of this translates to Forsett actually having a decent season, I have no idea. But it's way to early to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Forsett turns 30 in a few weeks and he's a journeyman who caught lightning in a bottle last year. As mentioned earlier, he's on a bad offense and is being lifted at the goal line. His value beyond this year is pretty hugely likely to be nil. If I had him and didn't need him right now, I'd take whatever I could get -- and it would be way less than an early 2nd.

tangfoot said:
Concept Coop said:
tangfoot said:
Concept Coop said:
steelers1080 said:
Concept Coop said:
Standard 12 Tm PPR

Gave: Foster, Forsett

Got: G. Tate, 2nd (likely top 3)

Decided to pin my hopes on the young guys--and cash out on these two while I could. Move makes other guy the favorite, suring up only weakness.

Current RBs: Ameer, Gordon, Gio
I guess as long as you've given up on the next 2 years this is an ok trade, maybe?

Foster is going to be a top 10 RB for at least the next 2 years, and I don't think Golden will be a top 10 WR ever.
Certainly a reasonable stance. I am not making that bet on Foster, however. And I don't feel like I need Tate to be top 10 for it to work out in my favor. Though I agree that he won't be, save another major Calvin injury.It's worth pointing out that Foster's deal is no longer guaranteed, save the signing bonus, and the owner has publicly expressed concern over his soft tissue injuries piling up. Is he worth a 9M+ cap hit on a non-contender? They decided Andre wasn't last year.
Put me in the camp that thinks this is a terrible deal. Not only did you sell both of them at their absolute lowest points, but you failed to get anything compelling for either one. Tate is JAG while Calvin's on the field, and both of those RBs are worth at least a round 2 pick on their own.

And they're both likely to be far more valuable than that if/when they get rolling. This screams desperation to me.
Fair enough. We disagree on Tate's value. He had a 87/1,065 pace in the games Calvin did play. He has 18 targets already this season. In no way, shape, or form does that = JAG in PPR formats. He just turned 27 . He was a 2nd round pick who put up monster per target numbers in SEA. His raw stats are starting to match.I agree that it was not the best time to deal Foster, likely. Disagree on Forsett. That offense is garbage and he's not getting GL looks. I was a big re-draft buyer of his, and am both kicking myself and confident that I will continue to throughout the season.
FBG projections have Tate on the WR2/WR3 cusp for the rest of the season in PPR. While that is serviceable, it's not numbers that you should be targeting via trade. Again, we both agree he has huge upside if/when Calvin gets hurt, so maybe you're just playing the hold-until game a little there, and that's fine. Personally, I want someone with greater "permanent" upside, but at that point it's kind of semantics.

Regarding the Ravens: the offense has been garbage, but that will not continue all season long. Especially once Perriman gets on the field and they can get the ship righted. Remember, they had two away games to start the season and stayed on the West Coast in between them. They lost a very hard-fought, emotional game to Denver, lost the anchor and captain of the defense, and then essentially laid an egg against a team that they felt they were superior to.

I'm not saying they are the Patriots, but they aren't "garbage". Whether any of this translates to Forsett actually having a decent season, I have no idea. But it's way to early to throw out the baby with the bath water.
Fair enough. I'm not arguing that I got market value. Anyone who has shopped a 29 YO RB knows that's easier said than done. But I feel good about the gamble. Forsett would never be a significant upgrade over my current group. Forster likely will, but has his risk too. I see where you're coming from and really like the deal for the other guy, even. But I'm happy with it. Appreciate the conversation though.

12 team non-PPR, start 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1Flex. Not involved in either trade:

Joique Bell

2016 3rd (late)

for

Johnathan Stewart

--------------

Heath Miller

for

2016 3rd (late)

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex TE Premium, 3 year contracts, No Salary

Gave: Christine Mike

Got: Torrey Smith

Dynasty $220 cap

Team A gives Julio $27, joique $6, Manziel $10

Team B gives Cam $5, Mike Evans $22,Cooks $21, and fa pick

16 TM QRRWWTFlex

2016 1st & Rawls

For

DeMarco Murray
Murray

Dynasty $220 cap

Team A gives Julio $27, joique $6, Manziel $10

Team B gives Cam $5, Mike Evans $22,Cooks $21, and fa pick
I will take Cam and the young WR's

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex TE Premium, 3 year contracts, No Salary

Gave: Christine Mike

Got: Torrey Smith
Torrey

12 team non-PPR, start 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1Flex. Not involved in either trade:

Joique Bell

2016 3rd (late)

for

Johnathan Stewart

--------------

Heath Miller

for

2016 3rd (late)
Stewart in the first deal

Miller

12 team PPR

Gave: D.Adams, Rawls (to Lynch owner)

Got: Yeldon, Hawkins (throw in)

I needed a young RB and was loaded at WR. Now have the following:

RB: McCoy, Yeldon, Vereen, Sproles, J.Robinson...hence the need for Yeldon

WR: A.Brown, Cobb, AJG, Garcon, Agholor, Perriman

TE:Graham, Reed

PPR standard scoring every where else. Start 1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1 te and 3 flex.

I gave Matt Ryan

I got Tyler Lockett and a 2016 2nd from what should be a playoff team, 1 - 1 right now with the 2nd most points in the league.

I am full rebuild on this team I took over before the rookie draft.

12 team PPR

Not a Yeldon fan so I'll say Adams side. Market value-wise, it's not bad.

I gave Matt Ryan

I got Tyler Lockett and a 2016 2nd from what should be a playoff team, 1 - 1 right now with the 2nd most points in the league.

Love Lockett so I like your side.

12 team PPR

Even deal imo so whereever team needs lie works for me

I gave Matt Ryan

I like Lockett alot but I like the Ryan side.

I gave Matt Ryan

Should be a win-win for us both. Gave you Lockett (who I love) and a late second, but rolling with Bradford/Sanchez/Foles at QB was troublesome. Like you said, I have second most points in the league (and am the defending champ) so the rest of my roster is ready to make another run at some cash and had to shore up QB. Bet on Bradford but two weeks in and hedging my bet!

Good luck with Lockett, he's a gem IMO.

ETA: By the way, you're doing one heck of a job rebuilding that team. Going to be tough in a year or two. Lots of talented WRs and multiple 1/2 rounders. Very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR start 1/2/3/1/flex

Gave Davante Adams

Got Dion Lewis

I suspect most will hate it, but I'm pretty happy. Obviously we'll know in a week or two whether I made a mistake, because Lewis' value is probably about to either spike or fall through the floor.
Don't hate it. Moved Yeldon for Lewis yesterday in a similar league. I am a believer in Lewis, come what may. Just jumps off the screen at me.

2QB 2RB 2WR 2flex TE

0.5 ppr. All TDs 6 pts

7 keeper league

8 team

Team A

Dez

Randle

Team B

Beastmode Lynch

Travis Kelce

SammyWatkins

Alex Smith

Team A

Gronk

Brady

Mike Evans

Team B

Jamaal Charles

Teddy Bridgewater

Jimmy Graham

Gave Davante Adams

Got Dion Lewis

I suspect most will hate it, but I'm pretty happy. Obviously we'll know in a week or two whether I made a mistake, because Lewis' value is probably about to either spike or fall through the floor.
Below market value, at the very least. I don't personally like it, but Dion has looked good. If it holds, just be sure to sell him in the off-season, before Bill unveils his RB-less system. Or starts the next Dion Lewis over him to screw with us.
Lewis is on a one-year minimum contract. Either New England commits to him long-term after the season, adding clarity... or else they don't, adding clarity. Even if New England doesn't bring him back, though, I really like the prospects of Lewis having a Woodhead-in-San-Diego type impact somewhere. He just looks amazing as a receiver. I don't see how teams keep him off the field right now.

Like I said, I know it's below market, but one of two things is going to happen. Either Lewis continues dominating the snaps over the next two weeks, in which case his value skyrockets... or else Blount gets a bigger role, in which case Lewis's value falls. If I wait to find out which, and it's the first, I probably can't afford him. I'd rather make an acceptable overpay now to avoid the risk of having to make a much larger overpay in a few weeks.

Edit: I do kind of regret not asking for a pick back in the deal, too. I think I overestimated how the market felt about Lewis. (Or underestimated how the market felt about Adams.)

Last edited by a moderator:
ConnSKINS26 said:
12 team PPR

Gave:

Lamar Miller

Damien Williams

Devin Funchess

Got:

Gio Bernard
I think Miller is a great buy low. I will take that side of the deal even though I think Funchess isn't going to be good.

ConnSKINS26 said:
12 team PPR

Gave:

Lamar Miller

Damien Williams

Devin Funchess

Got:

Gio Bernard
I think Miller is a great buy low. I will take that side of the deal even though I think Funchess isn't going to be good.
I do think Miller gets it on track eventually, but Gio is more consistent and he's seemingly good for 12-15 PPG every week. And when Miller beats that its due to a TD or a miraculous number of touches you can't rely on week to week.

More likely I try to package and flip Gio to an owner that had no interest in a Miller/Funchess package, those both being much more controversial and divisive players. Gio gives me flexibility.

Adam Harstad said:

Gave Davante Adams

Got Dion Lewis

Below market value, at the very least. I don't personally like it, but Dion has looked good. If it holds, just be sure to sell him in the off-season, before Bill unveils his RB-less system. Or starts the next Dion Lewis over him to screw with us.
Lewis is on a one-year minimum contract. Either New England commits to him long-term after the season, adding clarity... or else they don't, adding clarity. Even if New England doesn't bring him back, though, I really like the prospects of Lewis having a Woodhead-in-San-Diego type impact somewhere. He just looks amazing as a receiver. I don't see how teams keep him off the field right now.

Like I said, I know it's below market, but one of two things is going to happen. Either Lewis continues dominating the snaps over the next two weeks, in which case his value skyrockets... or else Blount gets a bigger role, in which case Lewis's value falls. If I wait to find out which, and it's the first, I probably can't afford him. I'd rather make an acceptable overpay now to avoid the risk of having to make a much larger overpay in a few weeks.

Edit: I do kind of regret not asking for a pick back in the deal, too. I think I overestimated how the market felt about Lewis. (Or underestimated how the market felt about Adams.)
IMO this is a great deal for you. I expect Lewis to finish as a top 20 RB this season, with a legit shot at top 10 in PPR. And he is about to turn 25, so he still has as many as 5 years left to contribute.

In a 10 team Superflex non-PPR league, I traded Calvin for Dez.

My team is 2-0 and should be in good shape to make the playoffs even though Dez will miss several weeks. I'm pleased that I held Calvin this long and was still able to move him for an upgrade.

Shocked by the Lewis optimism, he can't hold onto the ball and much like Ridley vareen Blount or any RB in the last 5 years. This job won't be his in 6 weeks and probably off radar this time next year.

ConnSKINS26 said:
That Gronk trade is terrible. Lost every part of that deal handily.
To be fair trade was done before season started and Brady still facing 4 weeks on sidelines. Since then. Brady suspension quashed and Gronk and Brady gone nuts.

12 team PPR

nice Yeldon side for me

To be fair trade was done before season started and Brady still facing 4 weeks on sidelines. Since then. Brady suspension quashed and Gronk and Brady gone nuts.
Why would you post this in an In-Season thread then? Completely changes the value of the trade, and contributes nothing to the purpose of this thread.

What does Brady's suspension have to do with Gronks value in a dynasty?
Are you denying that players' value fluctuate from week to week? Of course they do.
Gronk's trade value shouldn't have, though.

What does Brady's suspension have to do with Gronks value in a dynasty?
Are you denying that players' value fluctuate from week to week? Of course they do.
Are you telling me that a 4 week suspension to Brady should drop Gronk from being the top tight end being taken in dynasty? Did Leveon Bell's suspension take him out of the first round? He actually got no points for those games, Gronk was still playing.

regretting this one already, but made the offer mid last week and forgot about it.

I do need to get younger, so this at least helps there.

Gave Greg Olsen and Demarcus Ware

Got Eric Ebron, Khalil Mack and a 2nd round pick

Neither Ware nor Mack should start for me other than bye weeks (Dansby, Derrick Johnson, D'Qwell and Ogletree), Ebron has been solid but Olsen might be in for a record setting year (for a TE).

regretting this one already, but made the offer mid last week and forgot about it.

Neither Ware nor Mack should start for me other than bye weeks (Dansby, Derrick Johnson, D'Qwell and Ogletree), Ebron has been solid but Olsen might be in for a record setting year (for a TE).
Not sure how you can complain about that. You got similar players but hit the reset button on age....and got a 2nd somehow

Not sure how you can complain about that. You got similar players but hit the reset button on age....and got a 2nd somehow
mostly because I don't think, for the short term, Ebron is close to Olsen's production. Long term I do like it enough to have made the offer but it will sting for this year.

mostly because I don't think, for the short term, Ebron is close to Olsen's production. Long term I do like it enough to have made the offer but it will sting for this year.
Sure but it is dynasty...and you got a 2nd and a younger solid LB option.

Ebron hasn't hurt his fantasy owners yet this year but I would agree Olsen could be a great option this year. They have played some really bad teams/defenses so far and yesterday was the first game you actually are glad you started him.

Team A trades Tyrod Taylor, Larry Fitzgerald, and Charles Woodson

Team B trades Jeremy Hill, Amari Cooper, and Morgan Burnett

Team B owner stated in the chat that he is only going to play DFS next year and he told the Team A owner that he is not returning next year.

Anything to do here as commissioner of the league?

Team A trades Travis Kelce, CJ Spiller and a likely late 2016 1st round pick

Team B trades Sammy Watkins, Ryan Mathews, and Larry Fitz

Team B owner stated in the chat that he is only going to play DFS next year and he told the Team A owner that he is not returning next year.

Yes. Reverse it and freeze his team if he was dumb enough to state that for all to see. Awful deal and obviously a form of collusion.

Wow.

Yeah I am totally against vetos but even in a 2QB league you might have to step in there

Users who are viewing this thread