What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did you stick with your plan this week? (1 Viewer)

Stick with or waver

• Stick with original bankroll plan

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Wavered from original bankroll plan

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

snellman

Footballguy
My original plan was to keep this weeks play pretty low. There was a bunch of overlay this morning, so I ended up spending more than originally planned. I usually keep strict bankroll management, but went above today with the overlay. Hopefully, I am not kicking myself tomorrow because of this.

Part of me wonders if the large sites did this on purpose with all of the new players out there this week. Figure the loss in overlay the first week as advertising or did we not have as many new players as planned?

How did you do?

Only place I have a "Bankroll" is at Fanduel.. Was tempted 30 minutes before first kickoff to enter a couple more $1/ $2 gpp's but at the end decided this was week one and just too many unknowns so stuck to my orginal entries.. $10 for the FBG, two $1 tournaments and a $2 triple up.

Did enter two freerolls at DraftKing, took advantege of the free $5 at FantasyScore and entered in one freeroll at FantasyAces..

Hoping the "Free" money will pay off like Fanduel did for me a couple years ago.

:popcorn:

This is only my 3rd week w/ NFL daily games.

Havent set a budget yet...but I did end up playing a few more games than I expected...but total spend was only $40, nothing to sweat over.

Should have just loaded up my accounts w/ the money I plan on playing w/ all year to take advantage of the bonuses.

Looks like ill get at least a 200% return though.

I wavered...I couldn't resist. I had my set amount of entries already in place for the week, but then I opened the head-to-head lobby this morning...sooooo many new players! I had to make myself stop entering contests.

For anyone that is new I highly suggest that you add head-to-head and 50/50 or double-up contests in your weekly budget. Don't chase the big $$$ contests with all of your bankroll or you'll most likely be done by week 6.

I stuck with my plan which was about 25% in play on DK my main site. I took the free 5 from fantasyscore and put it all in play. If I am able to build that 5 up then I would start putting limits on it but with only 5 I got for free if I was to lose it all oh well. Looks with I will beat there pro in a free roll to at least turn that 5 into 10.

I wavered...I couldn't resist. I had my set amount of entries already in place for the week, but then I opened the head-to-head lobby this morning...sooooo many new players! I had to make myself stop entering contests.

For anyone that is new I highly suggest that you add head-to-head and 50/50 or double-up contests in your weekly budget. Don't chase the big $$$ contests with all of your bankroll or you'll most likely be done by week 6.
:goodposting: The vast majority of your play should be in those 3 contests. I personally stay away from the head to head just because I don't like searching for the newbies but all 3 are good bankroll builders and a great way to keep from going broke.

Not even remotely close. I originally put about 20% of my bankroll into the Thursday night games (mostly 50/50s) with all but one of my lineups having Gronk. Alot more had some combination of either/both Brady and Antonio Brown. Then over the Thursday thru Saturday college games managed close to a 30% ROI. So, with the safety of my Thursday night 50/50s I ended up putting close to 80% of my entire bankroll into play today. Obviously an incredibly stupid thing to do, but as it stands now Im looking good to cash all but about 10% of my GPPs.

Already looking ahead a bit next week I will definitely be pulling way back on my action. The slate looks tough.

I admittedly waivered a bit, but stuck pretty close to it. I was going to stay away from Thursday night contests but started experimenting with a couple lineups with a Brady/Gronk stack and Ben/Brown stack. I really liked them so overall I ended up a little heavier towards GPPs than I would prefer.

However, am I glad I did because with the Monday games left to go I'm sitting at 16th in a $250k Rush (if Manning didn't sail a pass and hit an open Randle I'd be top 5-10). I probably won't last there but I should get something out of it.

For the most part, yes. The only thing I did was enter a Thurs contest right before that game because I had no Pats or Steelers going in any leagues. Wanted something on opening night.

Users who are viewing this thread