What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indy Colts.....road to failure.... (1 Viewer)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
This thread will be started to talk about the worst GM in the business..... Terrible O line, terrible D, and you draft a WR in round 1.... Luck has hidden a lot of these teams flaws the last 2 years.

This team may win a lot of games this year and make play offs, but they stand no shot at going deep into play offs. They are built so poorly.

This thread will be started to talk about the worst GM in the business..... Terrible O line, terrible D, and you draft a WR in round 1.... Luck has hidden a lot of these teams flaws the last 2 years.

This team may win a lot of games this year and make play offs, but they stand no shot at going deep into play offs. They are built so poorly.
Same ####, different QB for the Colts.

Its a good thing they took Dorsett in the first for this very instance, Hilton expected to miss a few weeks, now they can play Dorsett and still give up twice as many points as they score without skipping a beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

They gave the GM of the year award to him for drafting Luck with his first pick a few years back.

They are the softest team I've ever seen and Pagano has to go. Seems like a nice guy but a total stiff of a coach.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/646185789261398017

Pagano on Luck and #colts leaky O-line: 'Been the case for 3 years now, has it not? Should be more than comfortable dealing with (it).'

It wouldn't shock me to see Luck benched.. :yucky:

Laughing? Read this...

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/646186068518170624

More Pagano on Luck: He's got to take care of the football. Make great decisions. It’s not that hard. It’s not trigonometry. :shock:

Its drastic times, which call for drastic measures.. The Coach wouldn't even have a job since last Season w/o Luck :D ..

But hes gonna have to fix this right quick :rant: ..

Yeah Im teasin.. But it sure seems like the same team every year.

Its like posted above.. If ya need a position? Trade/Draft for that position somehow/someway.

I especially like when some teams draft a player to "take the top off a defense" (imho) Some real jackazz came up with that expression while thinking about some screamin linebacker takin the head off a QB
imo Almost anything can be effective w/ the right personnel. Its almost like the 'front office' or people with too much responsibility forget games Or worse yet, discount em for whatever reason.

Theres bound to be a team (few?) you can run on, and another who just cant stop the pass.. BUT, you must ignore them games, when its time to evaluate Coaching, and players...

I really don't think this is a Pagano problem. It's a Pep Hamilton problem. They guy can't gameplan (for specific defenses) to save his life. He doesn't have a clue how to use the tools he's got to play to his strengths and negate the defense he's playing that week and their biggest strengths. We've seen this time and again, and again, and again. He knows only how to plan and call his offense, never any adaptation at all!

Drafting a luxury WR in the first round was probably not a good idea. Throwing the best young QB in the league under a bus is an even worse idea.

To those screaming they should draft based on need:

Packers offensive line (consider one of the better passing lines out there)

LT

4.12 David Bakhtiari

LG

4.36 Josh Sitton

C

5.21 Corey Linsley

RG

4.09 T.J. Lang

RT

1.23 Bryan Bulaga

BACKUP (starting currently)

UDFA Don Barclay

You don't need to draft like the Cowboys and use up 3 first round picks on offensive line talent. Also if you look at the WR Corp in Indy you will see they DRASTICALLY need more talent around Luck than they would have had without Dorsett.

I have no clue if the GM in Indy is that good or not but I personally loved the pick by Indy to get Luck additional weapons.

IndyHavoc said:
I really don't think this is a Pagano problem. It's a Pep Hamilton problem. They guy can't gameplan (for specific defenses) to save his life. He doesn't have a clue how to use the tools he's got to play to his strengths and negate the defense he's playing that week and their biggest strengths. We've seen this time and again, and again, and again. He knows only how to plan and call his offense, never any adaptation at all!
This.

Slapdash said:
Drafting a luxury WR in the first round was probably not a good idea. Throwing the best young QB in the league under a bus is an even worse idea.
I assumed when they drafted Dorsett they go to more 3 or 4 WR sets, have Luck in the shotgun a majority of the time...really open up the offense. Similar to how the Patriots played against the Bills this past week. I know that's not Pep's MO but based on their personnel that's what I thought. They just don't seem to be adding players that fit into Pep's offense which is creating big issues.

Throwing Luck under the bus was incredibly stupid on Pagano's part.

Slapdash said:
I assumed when they drafted Dorsett they go to more 3 or 4 WR sets, have Luck in the shotgun a majority of the time...really open up the offense. Similar to how the Patriots played against the Bills this past week. I know that's not Pep's MO but based on their personnel that's what I thought. They just don't seem to be adding players that fit into Pep's offense which is creating big issues.

The quote was taken out of context. He lamented on a bunch of things including the turnovers. He didn't single out Luck. Definitely didn't throw him under the bus.

Slapdash said:

Luck does sort of suck at protecting the ball but I didnt hear what Pagano said so I have no idea what you are talking about there.

Regular Season:

20 of 50 games without an INT (5 of 16 in 2014 - 2 of those games he actually lost fumbles though)

Post Season:

1 of 6 games without an INT (1st round in 2014 season)

Luck is still young and will likely learn to protect the ball. This is part of the reason why its important for the Colts to get even more young potential star WRs as they need Luck to be able to have time to gel with them over 4-5 years instead of a the revolving door players like Andre will be.

Users who are viewing this thread